Table default value question

Can a table default value be the value from a loaded form? Here is my
dilemma, whenever I create a new record via a form, I have codes to detect
the user’s LAN ID and store this information in a field called CreatedBy.
However, now I can collect data via e-mail and automatically upload the
information into Access and you already know what there will not be a
CreatedBy data. Therefore, I think if I could place the CreatedBy default
value directly from the table to look up the user name already loaded in the
database “Welcome Screen” that will save user LAN ID regardless how the data
was entered. Can it be done? Any suggestion? I have tried what normally works
for form default value but it does not work from the table.

Thank you,
Silvio
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

thinking out loud ;  you know the ID but it isn't in the email data...

varying a table's field default property seems unfeasible...

can't you either make a query that joins in the ID to the email data....or
do an UpdateQuery right after the email data entry to move that ID value into
the correct record?

On Dec 15, 8:13=A0am, Silvio <Sil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Can a table default value be the value from a loaded form? Here is my
> dilemma, whenever I create a new record via a form, I have codes to detec=
> the user=92s LAN ID and store this information in a field called CreatedB=
y.
> However, now I can collect data via e-mail and automatically upload the
> information into Access and you already know what there will not be a
> CreatedBy data. Therefore, I think if I could place the CreatedBy default
> value directly from the table to look up the user name already loaded in =
the
> database =93Welcome Screen=94 that will save user LAN ID regardless how t=
he data
> was entered. Can it be done? Any suggestion? I have tried what normally w=
orks
> for form default value but it does not work from the table.
>
> Thank you,
> Silvio

If the user is submitting his data via e-mail, can you not use his e-
mail account to derive/determine his network login/username?  Then you
could just update the records that are e-mailed.

Okay, so you can grab the user's domain account name and write it to
the DB if you use a form to enter data.  If the user has e-mailed his
data, then you should be able to
0
pietlinden

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

Concatenation question
I am trying to concatenate two fields and then add text in brackets to the end. Here is what I have: StaffFullName = ([Me.LastName] & ", " & [Me.FirstName] & " (Mgr)") I want the end result to be: Smith, Mary (Mgr) How do I achieve this? Thank you, Terri What you've done will work. You can also use the "+" operator if there is a possibility that there will be a missing first name: StaffFullName = ([Me.LastName] & "," & (" "+ [Me.FirstName]) & " (Mgr)") That will avoid an extra spa...

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

Table link documentation

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

line chart with NA() values

Outlook 2003 rules question again

default text height comment
Is there a way to set the default text height for a new comment? Thanks mark (I've looked through help but can't find it if it's in there.) I assume you mean the font size? There is no text height available in Excel. A comment has a shape property and that is what you can use to change the font size. They didn't make it easy ... Range("D4").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 12 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message...

Multivalue with Null value SSRS 2005
I have a query to populate a multivalue parameter: SELECT distinct cast(AGRPYear.value as varchar(4)) + AGRPMonth.value 'ReportDate' FROM TPROJECT AS TPROJECT One of the values that is returned from this query is NULL. However, when I run the report, the NULL value does not show in the dropdown. I've also tried adding "select NULL as 'ReportDate' union" to the above query and the null value still doesn't show. As a result some of the records in my database have a null value for this field, they will never show up on my report. Any id...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Default User object security
Windows 2003 SP2 I am trying to fix a problem where delegation of control is not working properly to usr OUs. I ca't seem to keep permissions on user account objects that allow user accounts to be moved between OUs. I think it may be related to protected account membership on the user objects themselves. ALso the "inherit permissions from parent" is unchecked on user objects. Certain user new user objects work fine and are inheriting. What are the default security to use on user objects so that i can remvoe membership from protected groups and how should I a...

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...

Increasing and decreasing values
Using column chart type I want to display increasing values and then decreasing values (not negative). For example 10,20,25 top value 55, then I want to show from 55 decrasing amount 10,35,10 (back to 0 starting point). Is it possible Put the numbers into the worksheet. A row or a column, whatever you like. If each number has a corresponding category label, put them in the row or column before the data. Select the data (one or two rows/columns), and run the Chart Wizard (the icon like a column chart, or Insert menu > Chart). Choose the Column chart type, and click through the rest o...

Textbox fomatting value based on another textbox
I have two text boxes on a form. One is a value that can be changed by the user. The second is the value 1 - textbox1. I need everthing to be in %. For example, in textbox1 the user could type 75 and it would automatically be recognized as 75% and textbox2's value would calculate to be 25%. Everytime I try textbox1's value is = to say 7500%. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Job Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim TB1Val As Double With Me.TextBox1 If IsNumeric(.Value) Then TB1Va...