Switching from Powerpoint to Access

Help!I have used the following VBA code to open MyDatabase.mdb from a button onmy PP Presentation which has the advantage of not exiting the presentationto use database illustrations.Private Sub ViewDatabase_Click()    Dim stAppName As String    stAppName = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exeC:\MyDatabase.mdb"    Call Shell(stAppName, 1)End SubHowever, I would prefer to directly open a specified form (MyForm) within the databasefrom the said button.Can anybody suggest the code I need to add ?Would appreciate help.Dick Troy
0
Richard
3/10/2007 8:50:42 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

There are two options.1 is to go under Tools | Startup on the menu, and set MyForm as the start-up form.2 is to create a macro (let's call it MyMacro) that opens the form, and then tell Access to run that macro when it opens:  stAppName = """C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe"" " &     """C:\MyDatabase.mdb"" /x MyMacro"(If you name the macro AutoExec, it'll automatically open without requiring the /x switch, but that's no different than setting the form to run at startup)Note that I've put extra quotes in the string above: since the file path to msaccess.exe includes blanks, you really should have them.-- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele(no private e-mails, please)"Richard Troy" <randatroy@eircom.net> wrote in message news:O9G3uEvYHHA.4232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...> Help!>> I have used the following VBA code to open MyDatabase.mdb from a button on> my PP Presentation which has the advantage of not exiting the presentation> to use database illustrations.>> Private Sub ViewDatabase_Click()>    Dim stAppName As String>    stAppName = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe> C:\MyDatabase.mdb">    Call Shell(stAppName, 1)> End Sub>> However, I would prefer to directly open a specified form (MyForm) within > the database> from the said button.> Can anybody suggest the code I need to add ?>> Would appreciate help.>> Dick Troy>
0
Douglas
3/10/2007 11:00:08 AM
Doug,Many thanks for your prompt reply.  Option 2 seems exactly what what I am looking for but I an still struggling:1. On button push within Powerpoint I want to open MS Access which I am able to do with the code below.2. Your option suggests that I can add code "/xMyMacro" to my PP code  that tells MS Access that, upon opening, it should run MyMacro (a procedure within Access) to open the specified form. If I can do this I am home.3. Is your " /x MyMacro" the precise addon to my line of code ?Dick Troy"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message news:%23mQ$7LwYHHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> There are two options.>> 1 is to go under Tools | Startup on the menu, and set MyForm as the > start-up form.>> 2 is to create a macro (let's call it MyMacro) that opens the form, and > then tell Access to run that macro when it opens:>>  stAppName = """C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe"" " > &>     """C:\MyDatabase.mdb"" /x MyMacro">> (If you name the macro AutoExec, it'll automatically open without > requiring the /x switch, but that's no different than setting the form to > run at startup)>> Note that I've put extra quotes in the string above: since the file path > to msaccess.exe includes blanks, you really should have them.>> -- > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP> http://I.Am/DougSteele> (no private e-mails, please)>>> "Richard Troy" <randatroy@eircom.net> wrote in message > news:O9G3uEvYHHA.4232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...>> Help!>>>> I have used the following VBA code to open MyDatabase.mdb from a button >> on>> my PP Presentation which has the advantage of not exiting the >> presentation>> to use database illustrations.>>>> Private Sub ViewDatabase_Click()>>    Dim stAppName As String>>    stAppName = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe>> C:\MyDatabase.mdb">>    Call Shell(stAppName, 1)>> End Sub>>>> However, I would prefer to directly open a specified form (MyForm) within >> the database>> from the said button.>> Can anybody suggest the code I need to add ?>>>> Would appreciate help.>>>> Dick Troy>>>>
0
Richard
3/10/2007 12:48:57 PM
Doug,I am making progress. I can now run MyMacro within MS Access after I open it from PP. However I want to be able to open many Access form as part of my presentation. Do I need a unique Acces macro for each form or is there a way I can stipulate the form I want, by name,  from within the PP code.Thanks for your help,Dick Troy"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message news:%23mQ$7LwYHHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> There are two options.>> 1 is to go under Tools | Startup on the menu, and set MyForm as the > start-up form.>> 2 is to create a macro (let's call it MyMacro) that opens the form, and > then tell Access to run that macro when it opens:>>  stAppName = """C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe"" " > &>     """C:\MyDatabase.mdb"" /x MyMacro">> (If you name the macro AutoExec, it'll automatically open without > requiring the /x switch, but that's no different than setting the form to > run at startup)>> Note that I've put extra quotes in the string above: since the file path > to msaccess.exe includes blanks, you really should have them.>> -- > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP> http://I.Am/DougSteele> (no private e-mails, please)>>> "Richard Troy" <randatroy@eircom.net> wrote in message > news:O9G3uEvYHHA.4232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...>> Help!>>>> I have used the following VBA code to open MyDatabase.mdb from a button >> on>> my PP Presentation which has the advantage of not exiting the >> presentation>> to use database illustrations.>>>> Private Sub ViewDatabase_Click()>>    Dim stAppName As String>>    stAppName = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe>> C:\MyDatabase.mdb">>    Call Shell(stAppName, 1)>> End Sub>>>> However, I would prefer to directly open a specified form (MyForm) within >> the database>> from the said button.>> Can anybody suggest the code I need to add ?>>>> Would appreciate help.>>>> Dick Troy>>>>
0
Richard
3/10/2007 1:06:21 PM
You can pass any test you want using the /cmd flag in the shortcut. See Command in the help file for how to read what you've passed that way: you should be able to use it to launch the specific form.-- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele(no e-mails, please!)"Richard Troy" <randatroy@eircom.net> wrote in message news:umPdnTxYHHA.448@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...> Doug,>> I am making progress. I can now run MyMacro within MS Access after I open > it from PP. However I want to be able to open many Access form as part of > my presentation. Do I need a unique Acces macro for each form or is there > a way I can stipulate the form I want, by name,  from within the PP code.> Thanks for your help,>> Dick Troy>>>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message > news:%23mQ$7LwYHHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...>> There are two options.>>>> 1 is to go under Tools | Startup on the menu, and set MyForm as the >> start-up form.>>>> 2 is to create a macro (let's call it MyMacro) that opens the form, and >> then tell Access to run that macro when it opens:>>>>  stAppName = """C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe"" " >> &>>     """C:\MyDatabase.mdb"" /x MyMacro">>>> (If you name the macro AutoExec, it'll automatically open without >> requiring the /x switch, but that's no different than setting the form to >> run at startup)>>>> Note that I've put extra quotes in the string above: since the file path >> to msaccess.exe includes blanks, you really should have them.>>>> -- >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP>> http://I.Am/DougSteele>> (no private e-mails, please)>>>>>> "Richard Troy" <randatroy@eircom.net> wrote in message >> news:O9G3uEvYHHA.4232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...>>> Help!>>>>>> I have used the following VBA code to open MyDatabase.mdb from a button >>> on>>> my PP Presentation which has the advantage of not exiting the >>> presentation>>> to use database illustrations.>>>>>> Private Sub ViewDatabase_Click()>>>    Dim stAppName As String>>>    stAppName = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe>>> C:\MyDatabase.mdb">>>    Call Shell(stAppName, 1)>>> End Sub>>>>>> However, I would prefer to directly open a specified form (MyForm) >>> within the database>>> from the said button.>>> Can anybody suggest the code I need to add ?>>>>>> Would appreciate help.>>>>>> Dick Troy>>>>>>>>>
0
Douglas

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?
Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch? The Situation: -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4. -2.5 gb of RAM -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes. -Group Shield virus scanning Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing errors. THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK. Here is what I have tried. -Regedit ajustment to the heep. -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors). -sp3 (which claims to have fixed ...

Access application on clients without Access
Hi. I have an application made in Access 2003. Now one of my clients are migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007, and they can not afford to buy Office versions with Access included to all the users. I know it's possible to publish "thin" Access application files, but I'm not sure how I do it. From Access 2003, I need to publish "thin" Access application files that will work on clients running Office 2007. Ant hints or links to resources appreciated. Kind regards Mr. Smith Try this one from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...

How do I install Access 2003 under MS Office 2007
I am trying to install Access 2003, but because I have Office 2007 installed, the system is telling me that I need to have Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is this correct? I loaded my old Access 97 CD, but the system tells me that it can't find Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is there an upgrade for Access 2003? What do I do? Thanks... It is generally recommended to install versions of Office/Access in the order they were published. I have done otherwise though. It is imperative that you install each version in it's own directory, otherwise they will overwrite one another and crea...

connecting to data access page with filter criteria
I have an access database that I connect to from a GIS application (ArcView) using VBscript. I need to port my GIS project to the free viewer (ArcReader) which does not support VBscript but does support hyperlinking to a URL based on a value supplied by an underlying record. In my current project I can send filter critera to open a particular database, form and record. Would it be possible to do the same using data access pages or would I need to create a separate page for each record I want linked? ...

How can I detach an audio file from a PowerPoint Presentation?
Is there a way to do this? I'm sure I could use an audio capture utility to do this, but I would prefer to obtain the audio in it's original format. Please advise. Thanks in advance for your time and help. Save As > Web Page (*.html) The sound file will be in the folder of dependant files -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Titanium" wrote: > Is there a way to do this? > > I'm sure I could use an audio capture utility...

Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database
any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database ??? the Error i get when attempting to Open The microsoft jet database engine stoped the process becouse you and another user are attempting to change the same data. Hi Levon, See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:34:58 -0700, "Levon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access >2000 Database ??? > > >the Error i get when attempting to Open > >The microsoft jet database engine s...

Ms access data type detail
I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, like what are their limitations etc. Also how can i create a drop down list and allows selecting more than 1 texts. e.g ... in my db i have an option for known languages and the answers could be more than one. English, French, Spanish etc Start here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/HA102744471033.aspx Aamir wrote: > I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, > like what are their limitations etc. > > Also how can i create a drop down list and al...

Access 2007 Special Effect Text Box Won't show Sunken with Windows XP
Hi All I am just getting to grips with Access 2007 and one of the quirks I have found is that when I design using Windows in XP Windows-Classic colors and set the text boxes on forms' special effect property to "sunken" They appear as sunken in the correct manner. However, when I change to the Windows XP color scheme the forms text boxes appear flat even though the special effect property has not changed. Any ideas or is it a new quirk we have to live with. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. That should be interesting Thanks Bob I am quite sure this is the same for acce...

PowerPoint crashing while using Slide Library
What: I wanted a way to have many individuals owning and updating content, as well as one place to display all of the content so I decided a PowerPoint presentation built off a slide library would be an effective way to facilitate this. Whats the issue: I wanted one slide to be the overview slide showing all the content within, and links to the individual slides with the actual content. Creating these links and hitting save crashes powerpoint. (Note: I tried the same steps with a PowerPoint presentation that was not created from a slide library and it did not crash.) He...

Access to News groups disappears after first use and exiting.
Have used OE for a number of years for email and News Group access. Thought I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received reply on the test. I know it was working. Then tried to set up newsgroups. Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News to "Go". Finished ... went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I had earlier setup in OE came up. Played around looking at some posts. Then exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Gh...

Access 2003 VB Code Export Query Failing with Access 2007 user
I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB. Now, some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I created for them. My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that I have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file, and for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this. This make sense? And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an easy way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change...

dropdown filter on Data Access Page
Hi, I have a data access page that is based on a query in my database. Currently the page brings up all data for today, and the page is formated into teams So it looks like this Today's date Team #1 entry #1 entry #2 Team #2 entry #1 Since this page can get long sometimes, I would like to add a dropdown menu at the top of the page, that allows them to filter their results by team. So once they make a selection they would only see the team selected. Today's date Team (only 1 listed) Entry #1 Entry #2 I've been trying to search on this, but jus...

Powerpoint inserted word doc
When inserting a word document into my presentation the document is incomplete, i.e. about an inch the whole length of the left side of the document is missing. One of the problems that you might be encountering is that maybe your Word Document has a "Portrait" Page Layout as compared to Powerpoint that is "Landscape." One thing you might do is to convert your word document in landscape mode and adjust all the text and objects in there so it looks user friendly once inserted in your slide. Hope this helps, Vicente Tulliano "Sonny" w...

Outlook Web Access from reply-to address
Hi all, Is it possible to specify an alternative from/reply-to address for people using Outlook Web Access? Cheers, mad_staring_eyes@email.com (Tom) wrote in news:e4be56f.0404141158.1263ff14@posting.google.com: > Is it possible to specify an alternative from/reply-to address for > people using Outlook Web Access? Not that I am aware of. There may be a third party OWA add-in that could enable this but I don't know one off the top of my head. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Archives: http://groups.google.com "Arlo Cli...

Make a drawing via access using loop
I have a table with one field in it and I wont to draw one record soI created a form and I created a loop to go to the next recordrandomly the whole table and then every second minute I stop the loopand Igot the winner, means the record where the loop stop in itbut I don't have a way to stop the loop only by pressing ctrl breakI wont to code that when i will press any key it should stop runningthe code and it should came up a MSG box with the nameany help please?thankshere is the codePrivate Sub Command2_Click()gggg:DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirstDo Until Me.NewRecordDoCmd.GoToRecord{here I ...

Possible to Import Access queries to Excel and maintain the formulas??
Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that they will still exist in Excel. Is that possible to do? Thanks! Hi Fred, not without writing code -- and, depending on your calculations, this may be very difficult Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) * MVP Access Remote Programming and Training strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com * fred.sheriff@gmail.com wrote: > Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access > queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that t...

access sharepoint 2007 combining groups
I'm looking for a solution to have the possibility to give access at any SharePoint object (list/library/site) to the user combining groups. I mean the user must be on couple of groups in order to have access. E.g. User A must be in Country UK group and in Financial group for accessing on UK Financial list. How to create some like a list of checks on groups (AD or MOSS) of access on MOSS? Nope. But the solution is to simply add the proper people to the Contributor/member group for the site or list you wish to grant them access. "Marima" <Marima@discussio...

able to access the window but not interact with it
Hello: I ran across an interesting issue a couple of days ago with a Great Plains 8.0 client. This client does not have Field-Level Security nor does it have Modifier. The assistant business manager went into Batch Recovery to try to recover a payables computer checks batch. The batch would not post, since she did not enter control figures into the batch entry window. This is required per the Posting Setup window. Anyway, what was strange is that she could access this window but not see any batches in it. If I accessed Great Plains remotely and logged in as "sa", I coul...

Access 2007 Questions
I upgraded to Access 2007 and now the buttons within my application does not work. Is there a setting that I can select to able the command buttons again? Thanks in advance, Jeff- By default, Access 2007 runs no code unless the database is trusted. The easiest way to do this for all your databases is to put them in a trusted folder. To set up a trusted folder, go to: Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings More info about converting to Access 2007: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia ...

Outlook Web Access problem #4
When checking e-mail through Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003) in Internet Explorer 6.0, the messages show up fine, but folder icons appear with no text beside them and none of the menus (new, reply, send, etc) show up - in main window or when opening an e-mail message. What can be done to fix this? Does this happen for ALL users, or a specific few? Kris >-----Original Message----- >When checking e-mail through Outlook Web Access (Exchange >2003) in Internet Explorer 6.0, the messages show up >fine, but folder icons appear with no text beside them >and none of the...

Can Access Runtime 2007 operates MS Access 2003 application?
Hi everyone, Has anyone tried to use Access Runtime 2007 to run the database application written in MS Access 2003 format? Thanks in advance Keith On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:31:20 +0800, "Rabbit" <a@a.com> wrote: Ha, you're thinking "free runtime", why pay for the A2003 runtime? Let us know how you fare. -Tom. >Hi everyone, > >Has anyone tried to use Access Runtime 2007 to run the database application >written in MS Access 2003 format? > >Thanks in advance >Keith ...

Access 2003 front end with sql 2005 backend
Hello, I have converted my split MDB configuration to an Access 2003 front-end with a SQL 2005 backend using ODBC. I am experiencing a situation with the new configuration where I am unable to copy & paste records that was done rather easily with the split config. Otherwise all functionality entering orders and order details works fine. Specifically, I have an ORDERS table that has linked data to an ORDERDETAILS table. Each order has an ODERID primary key with identity. The UI for this exists in a form that has ORDERS table as the parent and a subquery form(ORDERID id t...

How do I regain access to Clipart in Publisher 2003?
Has anyone else had problems with Publisher 2003 losing access to clipart that was previously available within the programme. I seem to have lost access over the past couple of weeks. How do I overcome this problem? Graham Cross wrote: > Has anyone else had problems with Publisher 2003 losing access to > clipart that was previously available within the programme. I seem > to have lost access over the past couple of weeks. How do I overcome > this problem? Publisher 2003 has no (or minimal) clip art available "within the program". 99.99% of clipart available to 20...

Access a Share with an "impersonation" account
I have done some research on this but so far all I have found is how to setup an impersonation account on an IIs server and access it via an ASP.NET app. We have a need to set up a network share, restrict all regular users from even seeing any files that may be in there withthe Windows browser, but have an app that any of these users may run that can see and access files in that file share. I know there has to be a way to do this. I would appreciate any advice. Joe Cool wrote: > I have done some research on this but so far all I have found is how > to setup an impersonati...

Login required to access Crystal
The first time we open Crystal Reports during a session, the login dialog is appearing. All of our browsers are configured for Integrated Windows Authentication, leaving me confused to the need to log in again. The problem happens for both WinXP machines that are logged onto the CRM domain, and Win2k that do not belong to the domain (but are on the same network). Furthermore, I was under the impression that Integrated Authentication would negate the need for a user to specify their logon creditentials if they are logged onto the domain. It is not the case for our XP machines that log into ...