Switchboard hangs when running a macro

Access 2003:  I've recently discovered the Switchboard - a grand concept;
wish it wasn't so hidden...

When running a macro from a form, no problem.  But when running the same
macro from the Switchboard, Access hangs.  It seems to run all of the steps
in the macro, and finish, but then Access hangs.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks, Mike in Sugar Land, TX
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:28:03 -0800, Switchboard newbie <Switchboard
newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

My crystal ball is broken. Can you post some code, stripped to the
bare essentials?

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Access 2003:  I've recently discovered the Switchboard - a grand concept;
>wish it wasn't so hidden...
>
>When running a macro from a form, no problem.  But when running the same
>macro from the Switchboard, Access hangs.  It seems to run all of the steps
>in the macro, and finish, but then Access hangs.  Any help would be
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks, Mike in Sugar Land, TX
0
Tom
12/1/2009 10:44:34 AM
On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 03:44:34 -0700, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.spam@cox.net>
wrote:

>My crystal ball is broken.

I gave up on using my crystal ball some time ago, Tom... just couldn't see any
future in it.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Will a Macro do this? If so, HOW?
I have a tracking spreadsheet going right now. Lots of dates and names. I would like to set up this sheet so that if I change a status (via dropdown menu) to complete, it automatically changes all dates to the next calendar year and clears that 'status'. Is this possible? Do I need a macro? And how do I set it up? I've never coded a macro, just recorded them... ...

Outlook "hanging"
For no apparent reason my Outlook won't load - it hangs- and won't load Word as an email editor...any clues or solutions? I'm running XP version on XP professional Thanks try doing a search for outcmd.dat and delete it and then try and reopen outlook. This file will be recreated when outlook is opened. This file keeps your toolbar info and what not of outlook. Good luck "Graham Oliver" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007901c3fcbd$c90ee180$a601280a@phx.gbl... > For no apparent reason my Outlook won't load - it hangs- > and ...

macro query disable download failure
Hello, I have a macro which retrieve different queries from the web. It happens that a resource at that moment isn''t available. If this happens the querie gives a message which said unable to open http://webpage This message i don't want to display (other routines herefor). I use "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" but this won't help. Can anybody help me with this problem. Thanks ...

Disable 'Macro' dialog box...
Thanks Geoff, for the info on how to protect the VBA code. Have one further question; Now that the workbook and code is protected, I have sub routines that are run from command buttons. However, it is still possible to push ALT-F8 to list my routines, then click on a routine, then choose 'Run'... Is there a way to disable this option, so that users can not view or run the list of available routines (I need them to run the routines, only from the command buttons). Ruskin You can do what you want by making each macro a Private macro. This will preclude that macro from appearing...

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...

Running out of memory?
How do I increase the file size allocated to my Outlook 2002 emails? If I download, say, 5000 emails I will quickly run out of room in the Outlook file. How do I increase the Outlook file size? Thanks. rush ...

MACROS SETUP
I would like to set up a macro to do the following: RUN MACRO = SENDING E-MAIL Set up Retreive info from several files (specefic worksheet). Retreive base on number e.g (111-0 or 187-1 etc).Each number has an e-mail address. Format to send as e-mail: 1st TEN rows of the worksheet and rows corresponding with the numbers (117-0) Retreive ONE row above and below numbers Page break if several numbers has the same e-mail within a file/worksheet Page break when retreive info from different file Hi just as a starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

Outlook 97 won't run on my Windows xp
Hi I recently installed office xp on my system every program works except for Outlook , which starts and says building outlook bar then just quits please help, or is there another contact program that I can use with active sync so I can get data onto my pocket pc , thanks garygthompson@gmail.com <garygthompson@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi I recently installed office xp on my system every program works > except for Outlook , which starts and says building outlook bar then > just quits In the subject you say "Outlook 97" and in the body you say "Office XP", whi...

Macro to run when opening doc
Hi all Is there any way to make a macro run when opening a specific document?? Tks in advance António Hi Antonio, Yes, you can name the macro 'AutoOpen' or call it from a macro so-named in a normal code module. Alternatively, you can use a 'Document_Open' macro in the document's 'ThisDocument' module, instead of the 'AutoOpen' macro. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Antonio" <Antonio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:965EBAAC-A781-4163-9530-8454EDE1832B@microsoft.com... > Hi all &g...

Macro Error when moved Xcel Sheets from User's Home Dir to Networ
Hello Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another Network Folder. copy \\network\home\userA\*x.s \\network\REPGROUP Getting "object variable or with block.." What else I need to copy, when copying from one network location to another. I reverted back to old way, still same problem Thanks Basheer Use FileCopy to copy files. -- Jim "Basheer" <Basheer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:744DF6C5-96B3-48B2-99AF-657487D87FCD@microsoft.com... | Hello | Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another...

Copying pst file while Outlook running
Is it possible to copy my local pst file to backup while my Outlook is running? Any program I try to touch it (including DOS bat files with the copy command) result in an error message that another program is using it. No. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:exWWl9FQFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to copy my local pst file to backup while my Outlook is > running? > > Any program I try to touch it (including DOS bat files with the copy > command) result in an error message that another program is usi...

Macros failing in different language versions of Word
My company wants to standardize on templates across several countries - we have offices in many countries, but for simplicity I will just talk about UK and Sweden. My problem is that some features in the English version of Word do not work in the Swedish version of Word. For example, StylRef. I use StyleRef in the header margin to refer to "Heading 1" style. The problem is that it is not called "Heading 1" in the Swedish version of Word. It is called "Rubrik 1", which translates back to "Heading 1" of course. In the UK we use many macro...

Run Code in General Module Upon Activation of Other Sheets
I have VBA code residing in a general module of a workbook. The outpu from the code updates several sheets in the workbook. I would like t automatically Run the code in the general module if any of thes several sheets are activated (by clicking on the sheet�s tab). How ca I do this? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Steve You can use the folowwing events in the sheet module(not a normal module) Right click on a sheet tab and choose view code. Paste the events in there and press Alt-Q to go back to Excel. You can copy the code in the event or type the macro name ...

Running on low free space
That little monster alert keeps popping up every two minutes when I am on the console. I have gotten it so that I have 161 MB of free space, but when I start to do a virus pattern update with Trend Micro it drops down to about 45 mbytes, and the update craps out with a statement that the update is 80 per cent and the action is uncompleted. What can I do to get more free disk space from this hog. There is 18 Gigs in the system partition and I am at SP1, and not going any further. Can I get rid of all the uninstall points related to KB? There are three log files that are rea...

Run Excel file on a Server
I have an 8 meg excel file that needs to be shared with a whole team who connects to our web site with a very slow connection. Is there a way to "run" an Excel file on a server, so that the user is actually only loading the "tab" that they are using vs. loading the entire file everytime they want to look one thing up. This Excel file is updated regularily. Sadly, it won't work to just distribute it on CDs. Thanks in advance! Jon ...

Referencing a macro in an Excel formula
Is it possible to reference a macro in an Excel formula. I want to create a formula that if a condition does not exist in a cell on that line, then delete the entire line. Is a macro the way to go or is there some other way? ...

Running total field
I have built an education assistance database for tuition reimburstments. The running total field I have on the data entry form needs to reflect how much each employee has received in the current calendar year. The school information, semester and dollars are in a sub-form of the data entry form for employee information. I have a running total control on the employee form that pulls from the subform school, however I can not get it to calculate only between dates of 1.1.2008 and 12.31.2008. Any help will be appricated. Thank you Michael S. On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 06:48:01 -0800, Michael ...

Routine to run/export queries
Looking for some links to examples that do the following (or something close): 1. user would create a whole bunch of queries themselves (using Access) 2. form that lets the user runs these queries to display results and/or export 3. Would be good if user could select multiple queries and get multiple resultsets to display or be exported to an excel file with multiple worksheets. Example: user selects 5 queries and wants an excel file made with 5 tabs with the 5 different outputs of the queries, or the outputs of the 5 queries show in a form with multiple tabs in Access (hide...

Still unable to run successful query
I've used the IFF suggestions given but it returns only Not Active results. I'm working on a case problem that reads: Create a query to display all matching records from the tblProgram and tblMember tables, selecting the ProgramType and MonthlyFee fields from the tblProgram table, and the FirstName and LastName fields from the tblMember table. Add a calculated field named MonthlyFeeStatus as the last column that equals Active if the MembershipStatus field is equal to Active and equals Not Active otherwise. -- jj Assuming MembershipStatus is a string (varchar) data field,...

How do I set a macro to run at specific times?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could someone tell me how I do this You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Nick123 wrote: > > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could > someone tell me how I do this -- Dave Peterson ...

Unhiding All hidden Worksheets with a Macro/VBA Code
Hi, Can anyone help me please ? Whilst working with an Excel Workbook I often hide all unwanted Worksheets leaving only the ones I need to work on visible. What I would like to do is have a macro or VBA code to click on a button to unhide all hidden worksheets rather repeating Format-Sheet-Unhide to unhide each worksheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated (Excel version Excel 2000) Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Protect macro
I have a workbook that contains a macro that many people will be using. can the macro be protected to prevent changes to the macro. I can protect worksheets but I don't know how to protect a macro. Garry Open your workbook Open the VBE hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer Select your project in the project explorer window Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection Tab Give it a memorable password (and lock the project from viewing) But remember, this password, like any password, can be broken by anyone with enough time or money. On 07/07/2010 08:57, Paladin046 wrote: > I have a wo...

Can not run money2004, Need Help!
I installed money2004 standard in my laptop with windows xp OS (SP1) successfully. But when I can not run it. The money report "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". And the error detail is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d". I try every thing I can,"restart windows","uninstall it and installed it again","uninstall it and install money deluxe demo (download from microsoft website). But it is still not reporting th...

How to add button for macro in Fluent UI?
I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the workbooks in my PC. I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be available for all the work books. How to add a custom button? If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an addin) or http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm Yajiv wrote: > > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the > workbooks in my PC. &...

Data Migration Framework for MS CRM 3.0 doesn't run
I've downloaded and installed the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack, which contains the Data Migration Framework for CRM 3.0, from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en But, when I launch the DMF by going to: Start-> Programs-> Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Pack-> Data Migration Framework I get a busy mouse cursor that changes back to a regular arrow pointer and nothing happens. When I try to launch DMF again, I get a windows error saying that a copy of the DMF framework is alread...