Summing results of other totals

I run a query and a report that gives me totals of my fields by specific
dates I enter.  For example I can run my query and report by entering;
between 1/1/2008 and 1/5/2008.  I will get a summary for each individual date
where my specific fields are totalled, and I get a grand total for each date.
 I am trying to figure out a way I can add a field to either my query or
report that will give me a total of the grand total for all the dates
selected.  I tried adding something like =sum(date) but that was just adding
how many days there were.  As always any help is always appreciated!
--
Jon M.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I actually answered part of my own question by adding a text box to my
report; =sum([Total]) and that gave me a grand total for my selected dates.
However I was still seeing individual dates on the report.  I want to only
see a total for each of my fields summing the selected dates all on one page.

--
Jon M.

"Jon M." wrote:

> I run a query and a report that gives me totals of my fields by specific
> dates I enter.  For example I can run my query and report by entering;
> between 1/1/2008 and 1/5/2008.  I will get a summary for each individual date
> where my specific fields are totalled, and I get a grand total for each date.
>  I am trying to figure out a way I can add a field to either my query or
> report that will give me a total of the grand total for all the dates
> selected.  I tried adding something like =sum(date) but that was just adding
> how many days there were.  As always any help is always appreciated!
> --
> Jon M.

First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 in SOPOSUSER.exe: 0xC000008F: Floating-point inexact result.
I'm using Visual Studio .NET 2003 to debug a COM add-in and the following is constantly output in the debug output window:- First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 in SOPOSUSER.exe: 0xC000008F: Floating-point inexact result. Of course I can just ignore these but the problem is that it appears to slow down Store Operations POS to a crawl. Judging by what is being drawn at the time, I would guess that the fault lies with the grid control used to display the transacion. Is there anyway of fixing/stopping this from happening? Ian ------=_NextPart_0001_8C47594C Content-Type: text/plain...

webbrowser control: auto scroll + total webpage size
1. trying to scroll automatically a given webpage in a webbrowser control (MFC - VStudio 2005). when using HRESULT IHTMLElement2::put_scrollLeft(long v); HRESULT IHTMLElement2::put_scrollTop(long v); it works perfectly for e.g. Google, but not for e.g. http://www.onvista.com found the tip for using the ParentElement, but does not work either. Any hints? 2. is there an easy (means: overseen by me) way of calculating the total size in pixel of a webpage in the webbrowser control. Purpose is to capture the complete HTML as an image. Something like "ScrollRec...

UNION query results in memo column being truncated
The following union query results in a memo column returned by qryPkgRuleIssues being truncated. The query when executed standalone returns the full text of the column. How do I avoid this problem? SELECT * FROM qryRptPkgIssues UNION SELECT * From qryPkgRuleIssues ORDER BY Closed, Created; On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:26:04 -0700, mscertified <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote: >The following union query results in a memo column returned by >qryPkgRuleIssues being truncated. The query when executed standalone returns >the full text of the column. How do I avoid this problem? > >...

Puzzler
I've got a table with id and results. How would I find the sum of the top 3 results for each ID - example table ID Result id1 5 id1 8 id1 2 id1 4 id1 1 id2 2 id2 2 id2 3 id2 4 I'd like the sum of id1 one to show 17 and id2 sum to be 9 (so it would discount the other 2 as I only want the top 3 results added together) I hope this makes sense and that someone can work out how to do this!!!! TIA Stewart MOS - Excel Expert (maybe I should of learned more about Access perhaps?!) Check out the LARGE worksheet function. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP...

Counting a column based on the results of 2 other columns
I am trying to count the number of occurences of something in one column depending on a couple of other columns. e.g. Available Proof of ID Y 1 Y x N 0 N/A x In this case I would want to total the number of entries in the Proof of ID column (both the 1's and 0's, but not the x's) where there is not an N/A in the availability column, so it would show me 2. Anyone with any ideas?? Assuming your table is in cols A and B, data from row2 down Try in say, C2, something like: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100<>"N/A")*(...

Validation applied to formula result
I am using a simple formula eg. D1=A1*C1 Without complicating the question is there any way to ensure that the formula result in D1 is only negative and a stop message given if the result is positive. Thanks Glenn Maybe use an adjacent cell with another formula: =if(a1*c1<0,"","Stop--it's non-negative!") GlennO wrote: > > I am using a simple formula > eg. D1=A1*C1 > > Without complicating the question is there any way to ensure that the > formula result in D1 is only negative and a stop message given if the result > is positive. > &...

pivot table results
In a pivot table, if you are summarizing data, the description under LOB (in the example below)…AB,BC and DE are only stored beside the first entry in the table to the right. So if you want to use a table to summarize data that can then be used in a database…the labels under LOB for everything other than the first entry in Product Family are blank… I know that there are ways to fill down…but that is not terribly convenient. I was thinking that there ought to be a Pivot table formatting option.. Here is what I am getting: Value LOB Product Family Total AB D1 976,448 D2 324,995 ...

Using the SUM Formula
How do I create a formula that adds from the top of a column? Here's the situation. I have a column of numbers (with a header of "Pay"). To the right of that colum I want to keep a running total ("Yearly Total"). Every time I get paid, I'm going to enter the amount in the pay column and then I want the Yearly Total column to automatically add it. When I create a fomula (say =SUM(B2:B21)), and propigate it down, it doesn't start at the top. In others words the next formula is =SUM(B3:B22). I want it to be =SUM(B2:B22). And, if a value is not filled in on the ...

Summing VLookup Iterations
I have a worksheet that calculates a country's GDP based on several country-specific economic variables. The variables are dynamically updated when the user selects a country from a drop down listbox. This result is facilitated using vlookup on another "Base Data" worksheet that includes the variables for all 192 countries in the world. I am trying to create a third worksheet ("World GDP") that calculates the sum of GDPs of all 192 countries to obtain a World GDP total. I am searching for a non-VBA solution. Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate the help. Jude -...

My query Sum on report footer.
Hi folks, I have a report based on a query. Now, I 've just discovered that I forgot to sum the total units received and to put that sum on my report footer. To do that, I 've create a new query. Now I will like to have a text box, or something like this that will pull the quanity from my query and to show that quantity on my report? How canI do this? Thanking you all for your help! Fred's Hi Normally you don't need to have an extra query. If the details are on the report you can create the sum text box in the footer and run the calculation at the time the report is o...

If two cells don't equal each other, notify; if they do equal each other, do a "sum"
I'm building a quoting tool for my sales organization and I want to make sure I'm using the most recent pricelist. My operations group sends out a spreadsheet with the most recent pricing that I save to a specific location. Then I have a worksheet in my quoter workbook that syncs with what operations sends when I do a "refresh all". There is a unique identifier in the pricelist that identifies it as the most recent version. What I want to do is compare the identifier in the worksheet called "Database" against the identifier in the pricelist and if they're no...

sumif results zero
Hi; I have an easy one that stumps me. I have been using =sumif(b4:b63,"name",i4:i63) for many entries, and there is one client name that keeps resulting in zero or nothing. I have a monthly sales list; col b is sold to cust. name and the invoice value is in col.i there are several entries of the same client, so I simply,do sumif but why is this one client name resultsing in 0 ? I have checked spelling, commas, quotes etc. his name does have an apostropy ', but I use it in the formula. please help michelle One thing to try. =sumif(trim(b4:b63),"name",i4:i63) -- ...

seaching for items ans summing them
Hi guys, I need a little help with a worksheet. I currently have a table that contains part numbers and quantities in the format:- part quantity abc 125 efg 500 hjk 250 and so on. I need to be able to search for each unique part number,sum the quantity for each part number and display in a table. any ideas? Hi use a pivottable for this. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, G...

Is there a way to SUM based on formatting of a number?
I have a column of $ formatted numbers. Some of them are bold and the others are not. I would like to Sum the column based on whether the bold formatting is applied or not. Is there a way to do this? (doesn't appear to be) If there isn't, then let me explain what I am looking for ultimately. I want to have two totals for this column of $. One that includes everything and one that includes everything that isn't "marked". Bolding a cell is a really easy and visual way of marking a cell. Is there some other way I could mark a cell and is visible and I can conditionall...

Grand total in reports
I have a report with 3 grouping like this: owner opportunity Account The report is looking good with each user in separate page and total based on owner. But i need to do grand total for all the owners which will be report total?. I tried to create report with subtotal and changed the grouping but still i didn't get grand total. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Uma Uma, It sounds like you need a separate total in the report footer to accomplish this. You should be able to just use the sum aggregate function to get this to display I don't think that you need to ch...

Sub Totals as a calculated field in a pivot table
I have a pivot table that pulls revenues product line and displays in monthly columns. Can I create a subtotal that displays quarterly data as a calculated field? In another pivot table I have revenues and costs associated with a variety of projects. Is there a way to subtotal the costs separately from revenues? Thanks for reading. Hi Chesil take a look at the Group functionality within Pivot Tables. You can achieve all that you want with that, without having to resort to calculated fields. Just highlight the items you wish to Aggregate>Right click>Group and gi...

don't want an envelope to be included in the total page count
Anybody: I have an envelope at the beginning of a document, and it is being counted in the document as 1 page, thereby being added to the total reported pages in the document in the footer field that's formatted like this: "page ? of ? pages". By so doing, it addes an unwanted page to the total 'of ? pages' field, thereby reporting the wrong number of pages in the document. I don't want the envelope to be included in the total page count. How can I tell word to ignore the envelope, so it won't count it as a page in the total page count? Thanks ... Ch...

SAVE SELECTED RESULTS WITH LATCHING
I put a number from 1 to 200 in A1. Excel then takes this number and, using a 2-column look up table in array BA1:BB200, the applicable stock symbol in BB1:BB200 is inserted in E1 and the stock's daily moves are tested for fit to certain criteria that are determined by a complex spreadsheet in E1: AZ 200. I get four outputs like "Squeeze" "Buy alert", "Strong Buy", "Sell alert" and so on, variously, in A2:D2. For symbol #1 I can straightforwardly make the output appear in cells BE1:BH1 but I want to latch them there and automatically go on to the ...

Summing hours and munites
Dear experts, I want following result of 30,000:00 hours after summing. Col A 10,000:00 hours 20,000:00 hours ------------ 30,000:00 hours thanks In A1 thru A3 enter: =10000/24 =20000/24 =A1+A2 and then format these cells: Format > Cells... > Number > custom > [hh]:mm:ss -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "shahalam" wrote: > Dear experts, > I want following result of 30,000:00 hours after summing. > > Col A > 10,000:00 hours > 20,000:00 hours > ------------ > 30,000:00 hours > > thanks Tr...

Monthly Bill Payment Running Totals
Hi, I have excel spreadsheet with this data Verizon Bill Due 12/9/8 $235 Met Ed Bill Due 12/14/8 $345 Dell........... ................... ........ LG........... ................... ........ Pulse........ .................... ......... ** I want this to be calculated automatically ** as I have large list of bills Minimum Amount needed on XXX date 12/1/2008 $0 12/2/2008 $0 12/3/2008 ...

how do I add a list of numbers to get a total
If your numbers are in cells A1 through A10, try: =SUM(A1:A10) If you have something more complex in mind, please post an example. tj "bibs" wrote: > Hi! If your list is in the range A1:A25: =SUM(A1:A25) Biff ...

Copy Shape from Excel 2007 to another program results in a white border
I use Excel 2007 to create various square shaped graphics. Anytime i copy from Excel & paste to another program (such as Windows Paint) it results in a white one pixel border being added. I confirmed that 'Format Shape' -> 'Line Color' is set to 'No Line'. I am running Excel 2007 SP1 on Vista. Is this a bug (this doesn't happen in prior Excel versions)? Anyone know a Excel based work-around? This happens also using VBA: myShape.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlBitmap Thanks in Advance Mike Hampton ...

Need value looked up based on SMALL() result
I have a sheet like this: cat dog horse rat bird 9 6 8 1 3 I use the SMALL function to get the smallest three numbers G2=SMALL(A2:E2,1)=1 H2=SMALL(A2:E2,2)=3 I2=SMALL(A2:E2,3)=6 I need to find a function that will return the corresponding results rat bird dog Put this formula in G1: =INDEX($A$1:$E$1,MATCH(G2,$A$2:$E$2,0)) and copy across to H1 and I1. Hope this helps. Pete On Aug 3, 12:30 am, "Jorabi" <jor...@pobox.com> wrote: > I have a sheet like this: > > cat dog horse rat bird > 9 6 8 1 3 > > I use the SMALL function to...

Sum large recordsets in a form..?
Hi all, I have a recordset that's 15 000 records in a form. The reason that I want so many records is beacase I want to use filters. This works fine. But if I try to summarize 15 000 numeric values it takes very long time (1 minute). I have tried: Me.ControlSource = sum([Value1]) Is there a better and faster way? One idea is to generate SQL-code from the filters. Kent J. On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:22:22 GMT, Kent J <kent.johnson@telia.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I have a recordset that's 15 000 records in a form. >The reason that I want so many records is beacase I want...

Month wise Sum
My data has following structure: A B C D 3-Jul-09 25 =month(a1) =sumif($c$1:$c$50,"=1",$a$1:$a$50) 5-Jan-09 34 =month(a2) =sumif($c$1:$c$50,"=2",$a$1:$a$50) : : : : : and so on ... Column A will have several dates. Column B will have data which is to be summed. Currently I am suing sumif in D1 to D12, one cell for each month. D1 for January total, D12 for December total. To use sumif, I have to add additional column "C", which lists ...