Subform causes Main Form to show the same record multiple times

I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members.
 The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household
Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel.  The table
Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many
relationship.
The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is
added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be
clicked forward by the number of household members.  For Example, if only one
name is entered as a Household member, there is only one instance of the
Patient record shown when the record selector button is clicked.  However, if
2 names are entered as Household Members, then the record selector button
will show the same patient 2 times.
What can I do to make it so that all Household members show up on one click
of the Patients record selector button?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Jassnaround -

I would suspect your relationships are not quite right.  Can you post your
table structures (table names with any key and foreign key field names) and
how the two tables are related?

--
Daryl S

"jassnaround" wrote:

> I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members.
>  The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household
> Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel.  The table
> Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many
> relationship.
> The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is
> added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be
> clicked forward by the number of household members.  For Example, if only one
> name is entered as a Household member, there is only one instance of the
> Patient record shown when the record selector button is clicked.  However, if
> 2 names are entered as Household Members, then the record selector button
> will show the same patient 2 times.
> What can I do to make it so that all Household members show up on one click
> of the Patients record selector button?
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:36:01 -0700, jassnaround
<jassnaround@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members.
> The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household
>Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel.  The table
>Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many
>relationship.
>The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is
>added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be
>clicked forward by the number of household members.  For Example, if only one
>name is entered as a Household member, there is only one instance of the
>Patient record shown when the record selector button is clicked.  However, if
>2 names are entered as Household Members, then the record selector button
>will show the same patient 2 times.
>What can I do to make it so that all Household members show up on one click
>of the Patients record selector button?

It sounds like you based the mainform, not on the Patients table, but on a
Query joining the Patients table to the FedPovertyLevel table (if that's in
fact the table containing household members).

Please open the form in design view and view its Properties. The first
property on the Data tab is the "Record Source". What's in that property? If
it's a query, click on the ... icon, open it in SQL view and post the SQL
here, if it's not obvious what to change.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Tbl_Patients is on the one side of the one-to-many relationship with
Tbl_FedPovertyLevel being on the many side (My thinking--one patient can have
several Household Members)

The tables are linked between Patients_ID and FPLPatients_ID.

"Daryl S" wrote:

> Jassnaround -
>
> I would suspect your relationships are not quite right.  Can you post your
> table structures (table names with any key and foreign key field names) and
> how the two tables are related?
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "jassnaround" wrote:
>
> > I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members.
> >  The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household
> > Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel.  The table
> > Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many
> > relationship.
> > The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is
> > added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be
> > clicked forward by the number of household members.  For Example, if only one
> > name is entered as a Household member, there is only one instance of the
> > Patient record shown when the record selector button is clicked.  However, if
> > 2 names are entered as Household Members, then the record selector button
> > will show the same patient 2 times.
> > What can I do to make it so that all Household members show up on one click
> > of the Patients record selector button?
Jassnaround -

I don't see where the household members are stored in your table structure.
Can you provide that?

--
Daryl S

"jassnaround" wrote:

> Thanks. The relationships were my thought but I couldn't figure out what to
> do.  Here it is:
> Tbl_Patients, PK = Patients_ID
> Tbl_FedPovertyLevel, PK = FedPovertyLevel_ID, FK = FPLPatients_ID
>
> Tbl_Patients is on the one side of the one-to-many relationship with
> Tbl_FedPovertyLevel being on the many side (My thinking--one patient can have
> several Household Members)
>
> The tables are linked between Patients_ID and FPLPatients_ID.
>
> "Daryl S" wrote:
>
> > Jassnaround -
> >
> > I would suspect your relationships are not quite right.  Can you post your
> > table structures (table names with any key and foreign key field names) and
> > how the two tables are related?
> >
> > --
> > Daryl S
> >

> > "jassnaround" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members.
> > >  The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household
> > > Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel.  The table
> > > Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many
> > > relationship.
> > > The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is
> > > added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be
> > > clicked forward by the number of household members.  For Example, if only one
> > > name is entered as a Household member, there is only one instance of the
> > > Patient record shown when the record selector button is clicked.  However, if
> > > 2 names are entered as Household Members, then the record selector button
> > > will show the same patient 2 times.
> > > What can I do to make it so that all Household members show up on one click
> > > of the Patients record selector button?
Household Members is a field in the Tbl_FedPovertyLevel table along with
HouseholdMemberYrIncome field.

"Daryl S" wrote:

> Jassnaround -
>
> I don't see where the household members are stored in your table structure.
> Can you provide that?
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "jassnaround" wrote:
>
> > Thanks. The relationships were my thought but I couldn't figure out what to
> > do.  Here it is:
> > Tbl_Patients, PK = Patients_ID
> > Tbl_FedPovertyLevel, PK = FedPovertyLevel_ID, FK = FPLPatients_ID
> >
> > Tbl_Patients is on the one side of the one-to-many relationship with
> > Tbl_FedPovertyLevel being on the many side (My thinking--one patient can have
> > several Household Members)
> >
> > The tables are linked between Patients_ID and FPLPatients_ID.
> >
> > "Daryl S" wrote:
> >
> > > Jassnaround -
> > >
> > > I would suspect your relationships are not quite right.  Can you post your
> > > table structures (table names with any key and foreign key field names) and
> > > how the two tables are related?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Daryl S

It says: SELECT Tbl_Patients.*, Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.TotalAnnualIncome,
Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.TotalHouseholdMembers,
Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.[PovertyLevelAmt], Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.[Qualifies?],
Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.FedPovLvlNotes FROM Tbl_Patients INNER JOIN
Tbl_FedPovertyLevel ON
Tbl_Patients.Patients_ID=Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.Patients_ID;

The FedPovertyLevel fields are the other fields from the Tbl_FedPovertyLevel
table and the query was created by Access automatically.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:36:01 -0700, jassnaround
> <jassnaround@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members.
> > The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household
> >Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel.  The table
> >Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many
> >relationship.
> >The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is
> >added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be
> >clicked forward by the number of household members.  For Example, if only one
> >name is entered as a Household member, there is only one instance of the
> >Patient record shown when the record selector button is clicked.  However, if
> >2 names are entered as Household Members, then the record selector button
> >will show the same patient 2 times.
> >What can I do to make it so that all Household members show up on one click
> >of the Patients record selector button?
>
> It sounds like you based the mainform, not on the Patients table, but on a
> Query joining the Patients table to the FedPovertyLevel table (if that's in
> fact the table containing household members).
>
> Please open the form in design view and view its Properties. The first
> property on the Data tab is the "Record Source". What's in that property? If
> it's a query, click on the ... icon, open it in SQL view and post the SQL
> here, if it's not obvious what to change.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:28:01 -0700, jassnaround
<jassnaround@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It says: SELECT Tbl_Patients.*, Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.TotalAnnualIncome,
>Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.TotalHouseholdMembers,
>Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.[PovertyLevelAmt], Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.[Qualifies?],
>Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.FedPovLvlNotes FROM Tbl_Patients INNER JOIN
>Tbl_FedPovertyLevel ON
>Tbl_Patients.Patients_ID=Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.Patients_ID;
>
>The FedPovertyLevel fields are the other fields from the Tbl_FedPovertyLevel
>table and the query was created by Access automatically.

Access isn't always very clever! In this case it goofed.

If you have the Tbl_Patients information on the mainform, and the fields from
Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform, then the recordsource for the mainform
should be JUST Tbl_Patients, not a query; or if a query, it should not have
Tbl_FedPovertyLevel joined to it. You're using "belt and suspenders" - putting
tblFedPovertyLevel on the mainform and also on the subform. Don't!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:28:01 -0700, jassnaround
> <jassnaround@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >It says: SELECT Tbl_Patients.*, Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.TotalAnnualIncome,
> >Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.TotalHouseholdMembers,
> >Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.[PovertyLevelAmt], Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.[Qualifies?],
> >Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.FedPovLvlNotes FROM Tbl_Patients INNER JOIN
> >Tbl_FedPovertyLevel ON
> >Tbl_Patients.Patients_ID=Tbl_FedPovertyLevel.Patients_ID;
> >
> >The FedPovertyLevel fields are the other fields from the Tbl_FedPovertyLevel
> >table and the query was created by Access automatically.
>
> Access isn't always very clever! In this case it goofed.
>
> If you have the Tbl_Patients information on the mainform, and the fields from
> Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform, then the recordsource for the mainform
> should be JUST Tbl_Patients, not a query; or if a query, it should not have
> Tbl_FedPovertyLevel joined to it. You're using "belt and suspenders" - putting
> tblFedPovertyLevel on the mainform and also on the subform. Don't!
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Jassnaround -

First, check your data.  Make sure there is only one record in the
tbl_Patients for the patient, and that all the household members in the
tbl_FedPovertyLevel table have the same FPLPatients_ID.  If this is right,
then check the recordsource for the Patients form - it could be the
tbl_Patients or a query based on tbl_Patients, but it should NOT contain any
data from the tbl_FedPovertyLevel table.

If you need more help, post the record sources for both the main form and
the subform.

--
Daryl S

"jassnaround" wrote:

> Household Members is a field in the Tbl_FedPovertyLevel table along with
> HouseholdMemberYrIncome field.
>
> "Daryl S" wrote:
>
> > Jassnaround -
> >
> > I don't see where the household members are stored in your table structure.
> > Can you provide that?
> >
> > --
> > Daryl S
> >

> > "jassnaround" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks. The relationships were my thought but I couldn't figure out what to
> > > do.  Here it is:
> > > Tbl_Patients, PK = Patients_ID
> > > Tbl_FedPovertyLevel, PK = FedPovertyLevel_ID, FK = FPLPatients_ID
> > >
> > > Tbl_Patients is on the one side of the one-to-many relationship with
> > > Tbl_FedPovertyLevel being on the many side (My thinking--one patient can have
> > > several Household Members)
> > >
> > > The tables are linked between Patients_ID and FPLPatients_ID.

multiple flyers per page?

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Multiple stacked bar charts

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions

Single click selects multiple cells

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

question about Time

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

Short time vs short date

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

me too, problem with import... only 15 records
me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my customers crm i need a fast answer.... I dont see a question to answer...? JUAN MARKETING wrote: > me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my > customers crm > > i need a fast answer.... Hehe yeah, what is the question!? what are you trying to import? Sorry, I don't know the reason, bu each time i try to import x number of accounts or contacts, MSCRM only import 15 records... Promise, everything is ok... columns, format csv from excel, size, records.... I say that, becau...

Picture control on a form
What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when the client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? -- Just Al Take a look at this and see if this is what you want: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BEA0FA2-3F95-4090-B908-A75DBF1D19DE@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when > the > client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? > -- > Just Al Thank You! -- Just Al &...