Student Tracking Database

Hi,I have a database that staff enter details into that tracks studentprogress at interimperiods throughout the year.  This then produces reports that get senthome and parentsuse to see how their child is doing.  The database is setup with amain table tblPupilDatathat stores core information about the pupil and the subjects thatthey are in.  This tableis related to individual subject tables with referential integrityenforced which stores thedetails staff enter on the students progress.Table structures are as follows:tblPupilDataPupilID - Autonumber (Primary Key), Name - Text, M/F - Text, DOB -Date/Time, SEN - Text,BESD - Yes/No, MLD - Yes/No, ADHD - Yes/No, EAL - Yes/No, LAC - Yes/No, LAC - Yes/No, G&T - Text,Band - Text, TutorGroup - Text, CATSVerSAS - Number, QuantSAS -Number, NonVerSAS - Number,Mean - Number, VAK - Text, EnglishSAT - Number, MathsSAT - Number,ScienceSAT - Number, EnglishKS2 - Text,MathsKS2 - Text, ScienceKS2 - Text, EnglishKS3TL - Text, MathsKS3TL -Text, ScienceKS3TL - Text,ReadingAge - Number, WritingAge - Number, EnglishSet - Text, MathsSet- Text, ScienceSet - Text,RESet - Text, RETL - Text, ICTSet - Text, ICTTL - Text this carries onwith each SubjectSet followed SubjectTL.tblSubjectData (One table for each subject).PupilID - Number, Session1Effort - Number, Session1Attainment -Number, Session1Behaviour - Number,Session1Homework - Number, Session1Coursework - Number, Session2Effort- Number, Session2Attainment - Number,Session2Behaviour - Number, Session2Homework - Number,Session2Coursework - Number, Session3Effort - Number,Session3Attainment - Number, Session3Behaviour - Number,Session3Homework - Number, Session3Coursework - Number.This works fine however I am now trying to improve the system byallowing each subject to store module scores at various timesduring the year when a module is completed I am also trying to get asection on the data entry form that works out an average mark formodules that have been completed so far.  I created fields in thetblSubjectData to store this information which it does dobut whenever I try to work out an Average it works out the Avaeragefor the whole column and not the row for the students.  I also triedto set theModule fields up in the tblPupilData but when I do this it does notallow me to enter any informationin the form.  It only allows me to enter data into the tabledirectly.  (I do not want other staff to have access to the tabledirectly).Does anyone know how I can solve this, I am a complete beginner withAccess and have limited knowledge so explanations in simple termswould be ideal.In the future I would also like to add some kind of ability to conductlesson registrationso comments on how I could do this wouldn't go amiss.All help will be greatly appreciated.Many Thanks.
0
d_k_harris
3/6/2007 6:34:42 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Firstly to answer the question as regards averaging the module scores per student you would have to include an unbound text box control on the form which adds the score for each and divides this by the number of non-Null module scores (assuming the as yet uncompleted module scores are Nulls rather than zeros).  So the ControlSource for the text box would, for three modules in total, be something like this:=(Nz([Module1],0)+Nz([Module2],0)+Nz([Module3],0))/(IIf(IsNull([Module1]),0,1)+IIf(IsNull([Module2]),0,1)+IIf(IsNull([Module3]),0,1))What this does is add each module score, using the Nz function to return a zero for the Nulls; this is necessary because if you add a Null to a value the result will be Null.  This is then divided by the number of non-Null modules, which is calculated by using the IIf function to return a zero for the Nulls and a 1 for the non-Nulls, and adding those values together.So, that's how you'd do it with your present design.  However, and I hope you won't think I'm being unduly critical, the fact that its necessary to do it in such a convoluted way results from the fundamental flaws in the design of your database.I'd suggest before going further you try and gain a little more background knowledge about how a relational database is put together in terms of how tables and relationships between them model the real world entities with which the database is concerned.  There are plenty of books which will help, and any decent general primer on MS Access will cover these fundamentals.  Also study the sample Northwind database which comes with Access.  While this is not directly analogous to your database, it does illustrate the underlying principles in a relatively simple structure.  Finally you'll find guidance in the Help system which is worth reading.Just to give you a flavour of how a properly structured design might work, lets take your current question as an example.  In a properly structured design each student's completion of a module would be represented by a separate row in a table, not by separate columns.  The score would be a column in this table.  This table would be related to the student and modules tables, the latter in turn being related to a subjects table.  Averaging students' scores in the modules taken per subject would then be a simple matter either of joining the tables in question in a query, grouping by student and subject and averaging the score column, or in a form the DAvg function could be used with the current subject and student as its criteria.Ken SheridanStafford, England"d_k_harris@btinternet.com" wrote:> Hi,> > I have a database that staff enter details into that tracks student> progress at interim> periods throughout the year.  This then produces reports that get sent> home and parents> use to see how their child is doing.  The database is setup with a> main table tblPupilData> that stores core information about the pupil and the subjects that> they are in.  This table> is related to individual subject tables with referential integrity> enforced which stores the> details staff enter on the students progress.> > Table structures are as follows:> > tblPupilData> > PupilID - Autonumber (Primary Key), Name - Text, M/F - Text, DOB -> Date/Time, SEN - Text,> BESD - Yes/No, MLD - Yes/No, ADHD - Yes/No, EAL - Yes/No, LAC - Yes/> No, LAC - Yes/No, G&T - Text,> Band - Text, TutorGroup - Text, CATSVerSAS - Number, QuantSAS -> Number, NonVerSAS - Number,> Mean - Number, VAK - Text, EnglishSAT - Number, MathsSAT - Number,> ScienceSAT - Number, EnglishKS2 - Text,> MathsKS2 - Text, ScienceKS2 - Text, EnglishKS3TL - Text, MathsKS3TL -> Text, ScienceKS3TL - Text,> ReadingAge - Number, WritingAge - Number, EnglishSet - Text, MathsSet> - Text, ScienceSet - Text,> RESet - Text, RETL - Text, ICTSet - Text, ICTTL - Text this carries on> with each SubjectSet followed SubjectTL.> > tblSubjectData (One table for each subject).> > PupilID - Number, Session1Effort - Number, Session1Attainment -> Number, Session1Behaviour - Number,> Session1Homework - Number, Session1Coursework - Number, Session2Effort> - Number, Session2Attainment - Number,> Session2Behaviour - Number, Session2Homework - Number,> Session2Coursework - Number, Session3Effort - Number,> Session3Attainment - Number, Session3Behaviour - Number,> Session3Homework - Number, Session3Coursework - Number.> > This works fine however I am now trying to improve the system by> allowing each subject to store module scores at various times> during the year when a module is completed I am also trying to get a> section on the data entry form that works out an average mark for> modules that have been completed so far.  I created fields in the> tblSubjectData to store this information which it does do> but whenever I try to work out an Average it works out the Avaerage> for the whole column and not the row for the students.  I also tried> to set the> Module fields up in the tblPupilData but when I do this it does not> allow me to enter any information> in the form.  It only allows me to enter data into the table> directly.  (I do not want other staff to have access to the table> directly).> > Does anyone know how I can solve this, I am a complete beginner with> Access and have limited knowledge so explanations in simple terms> would be ideal.> In the future I would also like to add some kind of ability to conduct> lesson registration> so comments on how I could do this wouldn't go amiss.> > All help will be greatly appreciated.> > Many Thanks.> >
On 6 Mar, 20:28, Ken Sheridan <KenSheri...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> Firstly to answer the question as regards averaging the module scores per> student you would have to include an unbound text box control on the form> which adds the score for each and divides this by the number of non-Null> module scores (assuming the as yet uncompleted module scores are Nulls ra=ther> than zeros).  So the ControlSource for the text box would, for three modu=les> in total, be something like this:>> =3D(Nz([Module1],0)+Nz([Module2],0)+Nz([Module3],0))/(IIf(IsNull([Module1=]),0=AD,1)+IIf(IsNull([Module2]),0,1)+IIf(IsNull([Module3]),0,1))>> What this does is add each module score, using the Nz function to return a> zero for the Nulls; this is necessary because if you add a Null to a value> the result will be Null.  This is then divided by the number of non-Null> modules, which is calculated by using the IIf function to return a zero f=or> the Nulls and a 1 for the non-Nulls, and adding those values together.>> So, that's how you'd do it with your present design.  However, and I hope> you won't think I'm being unduly critical, the fact that its necessary to= do> it in such a convoluted way results from the fundamental flaws in the des=ign> of your database.>> I'd suggest before going further you try and gain a little more background> knowledge about how a relational database is put together in terms of how> tables and relationships between them model the real world entities with> which the database is concerned.  There are plenty of books which will he=lp,> and any decent general primer on MS Access will cover these fundamentals.= =20> Also study the sample Northwind database which comes with Access.  While =this> is not directly analogous to your database, it does illustrate the underl=ying> principles in a relatively simple structure.  Finally you'll find guidanc=e in> the Help system which is worth reading.>> Just to give you a flavour of how a properly structured design might work,> lets take your current question as an example.  In a properly structured> design each student's completion of a module would be represented by a> separate row in a table, not by separate columns.  The score would be a> column in this table.  This table would be related to the student and mod=ules> tables, the latter in turn being related to a subjects table.  Averaging> students' scores in the modules taken per subject would then be a simple> matter either of joining the tables in question in a query, grouping by> student and subject and averaging the score column, or in a form the DAvg> function could be used with the current subject and student as its criter=ia.>> Ken Sheridan> Stafford, England>>>> "d_k_har...@btinternet.com" wrote:> > Hi,>> > I have a database that staff enter details into that tracks student> > progress at interim> > periods throughout the year.  This then produces reports that get sent> > home and parents> > use to see how their child is doing.  The database is setup with a> > main table tblPupilData> > that stores core information about the pupil and the subjects that> > they are in.  This table> > is related to individual subject tables with referential integrity> > enforced which stores the> > details staff enter on the students progress.>> > Table structures are as follows:>> > tblPupilData>> > PupilID - Autonumber (Primary Key), Name - Text, M/F - Text, DOB -> > Date/Time, SEN - Text,> > BESD - Yes/No, MLD - Yes/No, ADHD - Yes/No, EAL - Yes/No, LAC - Yes/> > No, LAC - Yes/No, G&T - Text,> > Band - Text, TutorGroup - Text, CATSVerSAS - Number, QuantSAS -> > Number, NonVerSAS - Number,> > Mean - Number, VAK - Text, EnglishSAT - Number, MathsSAT - Number,> > ScienceSAT - Number, EnglishKS2 - Text,> > MathsKS2 - Text, ScienceKS2 - Text, EnglishKS3TL - Text, MathsKS3TL -> > Text, ScienceKS3TL - Text,> > ReadingAge - Number, WritingAge - Number, EnglishSet - Text, MathsSet> > - Text, ScienceSet - Text,> > RESet - Text, RETL - Text, ICTSet - Text, ICTTL - Text this carries on> > with each SubjectSet followed SubjectTL.>> > tblSubjectData (One table for each subject).>> > PupilID - Number, Session1Effort - Number, Session1Attainment -> > Number, Session1Behaviour - Number,> > Session1Homework - Number, Session1Coursework - Number, Session2Effort> > - Number, Session2Attainment - Number,> > Session2Behaviour - Number, Session2Homework - Number,> > Session2Coursework - Number, Session3Effort - Number,> > Session3Attainment - Number, Session3Behaviour - Number,> > Session3Homework - Number, Session3Coursework - Number.>> > This works fine however I am now trying to improve the system by> > allowing each subject to store module scores at various times> > during the year when a module is completed I am also trying to get a> > section on the data entry form that works out an average mark for> > modules that have been completed so far.  I created fields in the> > tblSubjectData to store this information which it does do> > but whenever I try to work out an Average it works out the Avaerage> > for the whole column and not the row for the students.  I also tried> > to set the> > Module fields up in the tblPupilData but when I do this it does not> > allow me to enter any information> > in the form.  It only allows me to enter data into the table> > directly.  (I do not want other staff to have access to the table> > directly).>> > Does anyone know how I can solve this, I am a complete beginner with> > Access and have limited knowledge so explanations in simple terms> > would be ideal.> > In the future I would also like to add some kind of ability to conduct> > lesson registration> > so comments on how I could do this wouldn't go amiss.>> > All help will be greatly appreciated.>> > Many Thanks.- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -I have just given what you suggested a try on a duplicate databasethat I have on my laptop.  At first I could not get it to work becauseI had misread what you suggested and tried to set this up in a query.After making a few mistakes and adjusting some Data Types on fields Ihave I have got it to work.  Once again thanks for all your help it'spriceless.  I'll look at restructuring the tables when I am a bit moreknowledgable about how this all fits together.Thanks!
0
d_k_harris

Exporting Database From Outlook 2000 to Microsoft XP
I am running Outlook 2000 in my office and want to copy my database contacts, file and folders to my home computer running XP. Is it possible? How? When you say 'home computer running XP', do you mean Office XP? It's easy to do. From Outlook 2000: File -> import and export -> export to a file -> next -> personal folder file -> next -> click the top level of the tree, select 'include subfolders' -> next -> set the export location -> next -> name the pst -> click OK. Copy the file to your home machine. From Office XP do the reverse...

CRM Database migration to a CRM database
We have a CRM database that is broken, We would like to export all of the data from our CRM database to a new CRM Database. Anyone have a easy or explainable way to do this. Thank you Ouch...... I'd look into "Scribe" software. You might have to have a new system up and ready (ie fresh CRM install), and then migrate the data over using Scribe. -Gary "Stephen Crocker" <Stephen Crocker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09A232A0-75C0-431C-9B97-A6D956232E20@microsoft.com... > We have a CRM database that is broken, We would like to export al...

Office:Mac Student & teacher Edition
Why can i not reinstall office onto my imac after restoring the system, the cd does not seem to be recognised......? any help would be apreciated.... Lee In article <1137343827.070984.191440@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Lee Bradford" <lbradford@havering-college.ac.uk> wrote: > Why can i not reinstall office onto my imac after restoring the system, > the cd does not seem to be recognised......? any help would be > apreciated.... Lee Hi Lee! A variety of things could be happening. 1. Try another CD. Is that one recognized? If so, your Office CD may be ...

Error in backing up DPM database to tape
Whenever I run the backup of the DPM database, I receive an error that the snapshot volume does not have sufficient storage space to hold the churn. This is backing up the DPM database to tape. This worked previously and no changes have been made. Volume has 60 GB free. DPM2007 Can you please increase the disk space for the shadowcopy volume for the database data source and try it out? Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "dr540" <dr540@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Acess database 2003
I'm trying to save a query (select) as a table but there is no option to save as table.... just query, form, report or data acess page. Yes, that is correct. If you want to save the data from the query, turn the query into a MakeTable query and then it'll write the data into a new table for you. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "S Penney" <S Penney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4A6A01E-C9D0-4F09-AC65-B06858D7ADD0@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to save a query (select) as a table but there is no option to > save > as t...

Backup Database problems Help
I did a upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 one hour ago and when I want to backup my database I get this error: Can not open backup device c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\aaa.bck'. operating system error 5 (access is denied). Backup Database is terminating abnormaly HELP version 2.0.0105 Can you change the path to where the backup is happening? For example, C:\aaa.bck Sounds like either A, you don't have permissions to the folder that you are trying to write to, or B, the folder you are trying to write to does not exist. Mike "iraj" <iraj@discussions.microsoft...

how to convert database written in Turkish MS Access to English MS Access
Hi, Our head office in Turkey has designed database (Access 2003) (all queries, search forms, reports, background calculations etc. in Turkish). They sent the files over. We do not have Turkish version of Office here. Only English version (Access 2003). And we have to use the same data and structure with English interface. Is there any way to convert that database into English one with all of its details? A quick help is very much appreciated Thanx Hakan Hi, if you're talking about the code and structures, I don't see why a database made in a Turkish version wouldn't...

"The Microsoft Office Access database engine does not recognize...
I have a query and one of the fiels is numLevel. Then i have a form wirh an unbound combo called txtLevel. then in that query in criteria under numLevel i have: [Forms]![frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu]![txtLevel] So if i select a value from the combo box and click my command button to open the query it shows me the correct results. The problem is i want to change the name of the combo box on my form to numLevel. I do that and save and then go change the criteria to: [Forms]![frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu]![txtLevel] But then when i run the query it says: "The Micro...

Track positions only
Hi, I am trying to set up my online services in Money 2007 Premium for my investment accounts. I don't want to track transactions, but that option is disabled. Does anyone know a reason why that might be? These are tax-deferred investment accounts. Thanks! ...

Spending tracker: tracking budget categories?
Hi, everybody! I've set up my advanced budget in M07, with some custom Budget Categories. Now I'd like to track spendings in the home page, but the Spending Tracker can not select Category: [All], only [All others] instead, or evry individual subcategory. Is there a way to track down all sub categories into one category? My money file has a lot of categories and subs, so keep track on the home page of every subcategory is stupid. I mean, instead of tracking Dinning Out: Lunch Dinning Out: Dinner Dinning Out: Junk Food track just "Dinning Out: All" in one single category. Or...

Wrong Date on Calendar Tracking Tab In Outlook XP
I sent a meeting request from outlook XP on 12/16 and people responded to the meeeting. When I went into the tracking tab if I look under the "read" column it says that someone read it on 9/4/2003 and someone else on 8/20/2003. All the other ones are correct but those two. ...

Open another database from the current database
Can I make a button to open another mde file from the currently open mde file? There are a couple of way to do this, but the easiest would simply be to use the Application.FollowHyperlink Method as it can/will open any file (including mde). So try something like Application.FollowHyperlink "YourFilePathAndFileName" ie: Application.FollowHyperlink "C:\database\family.mde" -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful...

Vlookup student grades
Hi, Thanks in advance for your time. I am trying to resolve a problem I am having with vlookups. I understand the concept pretty well so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have a list of grades for students A, A-, B+, B-, etc. and I have a list of corresponding number grades in column 2. I named the table "Grades". The row pairs are; A=100, A-=95, B+=90, B=85, B-=80. For some reason my B+ students are all getting 80. I wondered if vlookup was case-sensitive or if it didnt recognize + and - signs but even if it didnt, the B+ student should have an 85. Any thoug...

convert MS Access databases 97 to 2003
I'm planning to convert MS Access databases 97 to 2003. I have never used MS Access before. My first step will be: MS Access 03 > Tools > Convert database > Access 2002-2003 file format. What else do I need to know and what else do I need to check? The application that is working with Access databases (front end) developed with VB6. <anatoly.duzhansky@gmail.com> wrote in message news:dcb10f08-f54b-4f25-aefc-27cf50a62370@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I'm planning to convert MS Access databases 97 to 2003. > I have never used MS Access before. > My first st...

Intercompany/Database allocation
We have two related companies in two separate GP databases. Is it possible to use fixed allocation to allocate costs among the two company/database? Also, for the allocation, is it possible to set up the allocation in a way like a template, without puting in the specific distribution/natural accounts. ...

"Failed to create Microsoft CRM Database"
I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM Server for testing purposes on a Windows Server 2000 machine. I have install all the needed software, including SQL Server SP3, Exchange 2000, IIS, Indexing services, Message Queuing, etc. When I try to install CRM Software it gives following error messages " Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server" "Failed to create Microsoft CRM Database" "unknown error.(80040e14)" thanks in advance Hakan Guzen Hakan, One reason for this is when you have multiple AD controllers. The SQL server is a...

permission denied on object 'ncDynIntegQueue', database 'DYNAMICS',
My users are receiving this error when they are entering Sales Orders. permission denied on object 'ncDynIntegQueue', database 'DYNAMICS', Has anyone seen this error? I don't find it in the Knowledgebase articles. We are running GP 7.0 Thanks. Kevin This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C5A70B.C5F6C590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Kevin, I don't believe that is a default GP stored procedure. Do you have a = 3rd party product or customization installe...

Client removal of CRM 3.0 Tracking Token
Is it possible to remove the tracking token in 3.0? Not in system settings but in personal settings... I know that CRM4 has the option to remove the tracking token on the client, is this possible in CRM 3.0? I want some users to send emails with the token and others without the token.... Thanks! In CRM 3.0 if you remove the tracking token , then you would not be able to track the emails. That could be one of the many reason if you consider the upgrade to CRM 4.0 :=) /Aamir On 21 Jul., 11:48, Aamir Bashir <whatels...@gmail.com> wrote: > In CRM 3.0 if you remove the tracking token ...

Outlook Plug in, set regarding to email or just track in CRM
Hello, Sorry for this newbie question, but is it better to just track the email from within in Outlook to CRM or do you alwasy set it REGARDING TO and then track. You only track it to the contact or to the opportunity? Thank you. Hi JS, As far as I know if you just track it, it will be tracked against the Account and will show up in the History section of Accounts. Whereas if you track and Set Regarding then it can be tracked against a Case, Lead etc. and show up in the History of that specific item. Hope that helps? Regards, Rick "JS" wrote: > Hello, > Sorry for thi...

Database trigger won't register
This problem has really got me stumped. I keep getting a "Database Trigger Registration Failed." error when trying to register the database trigger below. I'll even get the same error using examples pulled right out of the Dexterity documentation. I try to do the registration right after login. Anybody experienced this before??? l_result = Trigger_RegisterDatabase(reference(table IV_Item_MSTR), form IV_Item_Maintenance, TRIGGER_ON_DB_DELETE, script IV_Item_Web_Delete); Thanks in advance -- Dave Try l_result = Trigger_RegisterDatabase(anonymous(table IV_Item...

Cvv + Transfer WU + Dumps + track 1/2....For Sale !!
Hello for all..... I'm a hacker + seller in Viet Nam . Now i have very shop and have very much cc . I want sell it Who need contact for me through Y!H : best.hacker_vnn I promise cc of me very good and fresh all with good frice . I sure u will happy if bussiness with me . *** i'm seller ccv..dumps..track 1/2..acc paypal..do transfer..ship..all country*** ----------- List cc i have ( Good with hight balance ) ---------- - COuntry : + us + uk + ca + Au + eu + iraland + inter + ger + FR + spain + italy + japan + Turkey + Asia + .....more...( contact me to ...

PROBLEM WITH ACCESS 95 DATABASE CONVERSION
Hi. I have a problem converting an access 95 database to access 2002. When the conversion is completed, It makes a table with one error field. The error is: " FILE MSJETSQL.TLB NEEDS THE VBE REFERENCE OR IS ERRONEOUS " I tried with other access 95 databases and It happen in everyone. I tried in other computer with the same configuration and it works ok. What can I have to do?. Reinstall the Access 2002?. Search for the file msjetsql.tlb in disk?. Thanks. I've solved copying the file from other PC. "JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@arrakis.es> escribi� en e...

Re: Sample Database Install
I have the same problem! Can anybody say what went wrong? Thx Kris Erin Swift wrote: > I have CRM 3.0 installed and working and I would like to install the > sample > database now. When I follow the install instructions that come in the 3.0 > implementation guide, I receive an error after the wizard asks for the > sample > data location. The error is: > The wizard could not retreive the list of organizations. Verify that the > organization exists in the Microsoft CRM server. > > Does anyone know why I am getting this error and how to correct the > pr...

Mirroring
Has anyone had an issue where they have broken a database with the commands below, and then had to run the additional commands because the database was stuck in read-only mode? This is for SQL 2005. ALTER DATABASE [mirrorTest] SET PARTNER OFF RESTORE DATABASE [mirrorTest] WITH RECOVERY ********** alter database mirrorTest set offline with rollback immediate alter database mirrorTest set online ALTER DATABASE mirrorTest SET READ_WRITE ...

Database Size
I have a database that has jumped in size drastically - properties show over 200 mg - did a compact and repair and it got it down to 74 meg but that still seems excessive. Any ideas on how to correct this issue or what might have caused it? Why do you say this is excessive? What is being stored in your database (text entries only, images, other)? What version of Access are you working with? Is your db split? If so, what is growing the front-end or the back-end? Below is a good link regarding database bloating: http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/bloatfe.htm -- Hope this helps, ...