Stop Buttons showing when opening up form

I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons
visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it
possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any
Help.....Bob

Private Sub ckbHelp_Click()
If ckbHelp = True Then
cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True
cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True

End If

If ckbHelp = False Then
cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False
cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False
End If

End Sub

0
Bob
5/19/2007 1:57:51 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Bob,

In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No

Regards/Jacob

"Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:f2llf4$6g3$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
|I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these
buttons
| visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is
it
| possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any
| Help.....Bob
|
| Private Sub ckbHelp_Click()
| If ckbHelp = True Then
| cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True
| cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True
|
| End If
|
| If ckbHelp = False Then
| cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False
| cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False
| End If
|
| End Sub

0
JK
5/19/2007 2:37:26 AM
Hi Bob,
Have you set the .Visible property to NO in design mode for these buttons?

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
5/19/2007 2:42:48 AM
You guys are so Clever!! I jumped the gun and created a Check box instead ,
What a waste of time Thanks Worked Brilliant Regards Bob
"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" <u12102@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi Bob,
> Have you set the .Visible property to NO in design mode for these buttons?
>
> Bob wrote:
>>I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these
>>buttons
>>visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is
>>it
>>possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any
>>Help.....Bob
>>
>>Private Sub ckbHelp_Click()
>>If ckbHelp = True Then
>>cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True
>>cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True
>>
>>End If
>>
>>If ckbHelp = False Then
>>cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False
>>cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False
>>End If
>>
>>End Sub
>
> --
> HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Bob
5/19/2007 3:04:56 AM
Thanks Tom that saved a lot of typing :)
What if you had 40 Buttons and they all started with
cmbHelp, is it possible to write code ,  cmbHelp(Anything).Visible = ckbHelp
Thanks Bob

"Tom Wickerath" <AOS168b AT comcast DOT net> wrote in message
> Set the Visible property for cmbHelpNewHorse and cmbHelpActFinHorse to No,
> using the Properties dialog. Also, you may be able to simplify your code,
> as
> follows:
>

> Private Sub ckbHelp_Click()
>
>    cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = ckbHelp
>    cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = ckbHelp
>
> End Sub
>

> Tom Wickerath
> Microsoft Access MVP
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom
> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these
>> buttons
>> visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is
>> it
>> possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any
>> Help.....Bob
>>
>> Private Sub ckbHelp_Click()
>> If ckbHelp = True Then
>> cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True
>> cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True
>>
>> End If
>>
>> If ckbHelp = False Then
>> cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False
>> cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False
>> End If
>>
>> End Sub

0
Bob
5/25/2007 10:55:42 PM
If your buttons were named like: cmdHelp1, cmdHelp2, cmdHelp3 ... cmdHelp40

You could write code like:

Dim i As Integer

For i = 1 to 40
    If cmdHelp & (i).Visible = chkHelp Then
        ' Do something
    End If
Next i

--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
Microsoft Access

"Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Thanks Tom that saved a lot of typing :)
> What if you had 40 Buttons and they all started with
> cmbHelp, is it possible to write code ,  cmbHelp(Anything).Visible =
> ckbHelp
> Thanks Bob
>

> "Tom Wickerath" <AOS168b AT comcast DOT net> wrote in message
>> Set the Visible property for cmbHelpNewHorse and cmbHelpActFinHorse to
>> No,
>> using the Properties dialog. Also, you may be able to simplify your code,
>> as
>> follows:
>>

>> Private Sub ckbHelp_Click()
>>
>>    cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = ckbHelp
>>    cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = ckbHelp
>>
>> End Sub
>>

>> Tom Wickerath
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom
>> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
>>
>> "Bob" wrote:
>>
>>> I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these
>>> buttons
>>> visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up,
>>> is it
>>> possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any
>>> Help.....Bob
>>>
>>> Private Sub ckbHelp_Click()
>>> If ckbHelp = True Then
>>> cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True
>>> cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True
>>>
>>> End If
>>>
>>> If ckbHelp = False Then
>>> cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False
>>> cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False
>>> End If
>>>
>>> End Sub

0
Arvin
5/26/2007 2:05:58 AM
Nothing quite that easy but you can use
For ..... Each on the controls collection comparing some string
constant to part of the control name to do the same thing.

HTH
--
-Larry-
--

"Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Thanks Tom that saved a lot of typing :)
> What if you had 40 Buttons and they all started with
> cmbHelp, is it possible to write code ,  cmbHelp(Anything).Visible =
ckbHelp
> Thanks Bob
>

> "Tom Wickerath" <AOS168b AT comcast DOT net> wrote in message
> > Set the Visible property for cmbHelpNewHorse and
cmbHelpActFinHorse to No,
> > using the Properties dialog. Also, you may be able to simplify
your code,
> > as
> > follows:
> >

> > Private Sub ckbHelp_Click()
> >
> >    cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = ckbHelp
> >    cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = ckbHelp
> >
> > End Sub
> >

> > Tom Wickerath
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom
> > http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
> >
> > "Bob" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes
these
> >> buttons
> >> visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on
start up, is
> >> it
> >> possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks
for any
> >> Help.....Bob
> >>
> >> Private Sub ckbHelp_Click()
> >> If ckbHelp = True Then
> >> cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True
> >> cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True
> >>
> >> End If
> >>
> >> If ckbHelp = False Then
> >> cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False
> >> cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False
> >> End If
> >>
> >> End Sub

0
Larry

Opening attachments #15
Hi Has any body else experienced the problem whereby when I receive an attachment (say excel s/sheet) and click on it, excel loads but does not show the file only a blank s/sheet. But if i save the attachment and load excel maually I can open the file no problem. It is not an excel problem as the same happens on a number of other different files. Regards Brian ...

Outlook quitting immediately after opening #2
Outlook quitting immediately after opening Outlook quits straight after it opens. I have removed it and re-installed it but its made nodifference. I get a half second view of the inbox (which is still my original inbox which seems strange after removal and reinstallation?) -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

Problem Opening Notebooks on New Server
I have a small office and we all store and use notebooks on our server. We moved all of our data to a new server yesterday, and now when we try to open the notebooks we get a message that says: "OneNote needs a password to sync some of your notebooks", and we are unable to open the notebooks. Interestingly, if we open the notebook through a mapped drive to the location, we get the error. But, if we navigate directly to the notebook through the network, it will open with no error. We are having no other problems with this mapped drive. Thanks! ...

Displaying a stored image on a form
I created an OLE Object type field in a table and then I inserted an graphic file (JPG). I then created a form on which I want to display my graphic file. I tried to display the graphic in a bound object control but the contol only displays the file name or an icon on the form. How can I get the actual graphic to display? I can display an image on a form but this is only a link to a graphic file and if I move or delete the original graphic file the database connection is lost. I want the image to be stored in the database so there is no linkage to outside files. Has anyone done th...

Control of exit from a Form opened within a subroutine
A DoCmd.OpenForm statement occurs part way down my Access 2000 subroutine "Prcs". The opened form presents the user with some screen info from which he/she must decide which of the two command buttons "Continue" and "Quit" should be clicked. "Quit" sends execution control elsewhere while "Continue" is designed to continue processing within Prcs. Sub Prcs tested vb code ' Includes evaluation of "strCrit" DoCmd.OpenForm "frmShowinfo", , , strCrit more tested vb code end sub I've not found a way to stop contr...

Cannot open pdf attachments
Outlook 2000 When I try to open a pdf attachment it does not open the reader. All I get is junk. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Yes, check your file associations in Windows (PDF files should be associated with the Acrobat executable). TT wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > When I try to open a pdf attachment it does not open the > reader. All I get is junk. > > Is there a setting that needs to be changed? ...

how to open up messages in seperate window?
Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is good, except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? "cbeck715" <cbeck715@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29DA0005-E04E-44D5-9A36-592EE7DCAD30@microsoft.com... > Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is > good, > except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? double-click on them.... ...

Popup Form question
How can I set a pop-up form to only take one record? I have a popup form (single form) to take some customer info however when if they tab past the last field all the data disappears. Anyway to prevent this? Thanks in advance D "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros.com> wrote in news:95EBA52D-5DC8-4333-A18F-9A7EA4B65D77@microsoft.com: > How can I set a pop-up form to only take one record? > I have a popup form (single form) to take some customer info > however when if they tab past the last field all the data > disappears. Anyway to prevent this? > > Thanks in ...

opening .dat Accounts Receivable file in Great Plains for DOS
Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts receivable report... We think its in a .dat file but have no way of opening... This anyone know if this is possible... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Carmine Carmine, Can you be a little more specific? What version of GP, what report, what information? Victoria "Carmine" <Carmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:839CC67C-A4C7-4584-8119-C40F74960573@microsoft.com... Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts ...

Data vs. forms & Unload/reload questions
A .mdb file seems to encompass both the database and all the 'code' (forms, modules, and logic) used to CRUD the data in the tables. 1) Is there any way to separate the database from the code into separate files, eg. the db is mydata.mdb and the 'code is in a separate file, eg. code.mdb? 2) Say you have v1.0 of an app and the tables and attributes are populated with data. You then go and build v2.0 of the app, adding tables and columns to what already existed in v1.0, and perhaps moving some of the v1.0 attributes into different tables. What is the recommended way to unload/reloa...

I need a Macro that will open workbooks and run a different Macro.
Hello, Is there a way for a macro to open all workbooks in a folder and then run another macro? I have the 'other macro' written already, I just need a macro that will open 200 spreadsheets - (they are not in the same folder but I can move them if needed, they are in the same directory) - , one at a time, then run my macro, then save each spreadsheet. I've asked a similar question of this forum (specifically dealing with txt files - thank you Jim Cone.) and I've tried to modify that Macro so it will open *.xls files but I can get it to work. Any help with this will...

Outlook stops responding #3
Outlook stops responding every time one of our users tries to access a Word doc via a link in an e-mail. She can browse to the Word doc and open it without any problem. The same link works for others. Any ideas? Thanks, Sean What version of Outlook and how are the files sent? What is the message format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Help
Our environment is SBS 2003 server: We have an application that syncronizes a CRM app with Exchange appointments and contacts. This applicaiton has been working for a year now without an issue and all of a sudden, we are getting the following errors: Event Id: 1000 .NET Runtime 2.0 Error -Faulting application tsiexchangesync.exe, version 1.3.0.0, stamp 4a04a7e7, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4480, stamp 49c51f0a, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000bef7. Event ID: 1517: Windows saved user Xyz\Administrator registry while an application or service was still us...

Help Problems with Outlook tool bar buttons
I'm hoping someone can offer advice on problems that I'm experiencing with Outlook 2003 toolbar buttons. Toolbar buttons usually work fine when I first open Outlook, but after I use a particular button once, it no longer works. For example, I can create a task, then assign the task. the next time I create a task, the assign button no longer works. I have to re-boot outlook to get the button to work again - then it only works once, etc, etc. This is also true of many other (but not all ) Outlook buttons, like "Save and Close", "Recurrence", and others. On...

Form Locked !
Hi, I created a form using the wizard based on a query, everything looks ok but i cannot enter data into the form as it appears to be locked ? what have i done wrong, i been trying to solve this for 2 hours now - please can you HELP!!! blake7, One common reason is the query used for the form. Open the query and see if you can add a new record to the query. If you can't, have a look here: http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html Jeanette Cunningham "blake7" <blake7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:808F403F-8822-4619-9F50-DCA5E8B57DC1@microsoft.com... ...

Outlook 20003 stopped working
Hi, As of 3 days ago, my outlook suddenly stopped working. Nothing had changed on my computer during these days. This probolems happens on 2 computers I have here, bit have the same setup and same hardware. 1. My laptop still works, I can login to all my accounts and get emails into outlook and outlook express, I can also login to msn messenger. So therefrore this is not an ISP issue. 2. I dont have a bad header or big attachement on any of the emails I am trying to download right now. I have just send some basic plain text messeges test messages. with outlook its starts to downl...

isv.config Buttons
Is it possible to change the label of a button via the isv.config file, rather than just adding new buttons? -- Appa Dev, Norway Try this... NOTICE: I am not the author of the text. Thank you for the author... Sorry for the delay. I don't check this newsgroup very often. OK, this is how you do it. Essentially the technique is to modify the resource only DLL (a .NET assembly) that contains the string resources used by the application. This should be 100% safe because this is a resource only DLL that Microsoft themselves must modify in order to localise the application for different lang...

Default form in Public Calendar folder
I have a calendar in the public folders. Is there any way so that when the user clicks on the "New" button in Outlook that the default form that opens is a "Meeting Request" as opposed to an appointment? Thanks! Sylvia <sylvia@nospam.com> wrote: > I have a calendar in the public folders. Is there any way so that > when the user clicks on the "New" button in Outlook that the default > form that opens is a "Meeting Request" as opposed to an appointment? I don't think so, but you can certainly click the down-arrow next to the New ...

Unwanted Code Being Added to Form
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01CAB57D.00862050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2. I thought I seen it all. For some reason code was added to the OnClose of one of my forms that I = DID NOT put there! The code is a 1 liner using the NavigateTo command.(irrelevant I = believe). I recall testing using custom Navigation Panes about a year ago but = abandoned it. I recall having code in the OnClose of my form(s) that switched to a different Custom = Nav Pan...

forms not listed in database contents, yet can add data to them
Hi - there are no forms listed when I open up the database in design view. All the tables, queries, and macros are there. When I open up the database to add data, all the forms are there and can be used. The data is stored. So, it seems that the forms are still there, but just cannot be seen in design view. The database, when I open it up in design view, says Access 2000 file object even though I am using Access 2003 - could that be the problem? Thanks! You cannot open an entire database in Design View. Try opening it normally, selecting a form, and choosing Design View from the V...

Multiple combo boxes on a form
I have a form based on two tables. I would like a combo box for a field from each table that will fill in various fields from the relevant table. Does anyone have any suggestions? On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:58:37 GMT, "Malt" <u36720@uwe> wrote: >I have a form based on two tables. I would like a combo box for a field from >each table that will fill in various fields from the relevant table. Does >anyone have any suggestions? Why would you want to do that? It sounds like you're trying to store data from one table redundantly into a second table. This is essentially ...

How many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database for adding /editing records
Hey Friends Can someone please suggest how many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 for adding /editing records. I also want a comparison with MSDE for the same. Vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > Can someone please suggest how many recordset can be opened > simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 for adding /editing records. > I also want a comparison with MSDE for the same. Uhm... If I remember correctly that would be max. 20 connections. Successive CRecordset::Open(...) requests would fail. I don't know this parameter for MSDE. There's a limit in...

inserting text form field in a text box
I'm designing a form that has several text boxes I want to be able to insert a text form field that I can type in different names in when needed, while keeping the rest of the text constant. Every time I go to insert form field from Legacy it is not available. Anybody have a solution. Your subject line has the missing clue. There is no way to insert a legacy form field (text or any other kind) in a text box, footnote, endnote, or header/footer. You can remove the text box and put the field into ordinary text, or you can use a text content control in a text box or elsewhe...

Set Print Preview to always show color
It was easy enough to get Publisher 2003 to perform a print preview in black and white using Tools, Commercial Printing Tools. I want to set it back to print preview in color but it refuses to do so. I have jacked around with all of the radio buttons for Any Color, Single color, Process Colors, etc. but nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me out, please do so. -- Thanks Wes Newman How about the printer settings? Are they set to color? The Generic Color Postscript for Commercial Printing has a color choice in the preferences. Paper/Quality tab. Have you checked the printer pre...

Unable to open Window Firewall in Control Panel
Hi All, I have WinXP Pro SP3 and when I go to Control Panel and double click on the 'Windows Firewall' icon I get an error message. There is no error number, only the text, The service Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Service (ICS) is not started. Do your wish to start it? I then click on the 'Yes' button and after a second to two I get another error message. This message states that the service could not be started. The error text that I post here is not word for word but you should get the idea of my problem. I am unable to check the status or add exclu...