Split Database, Can't Append to Table

I have a table to which I daily upload financial reports into one table, and
run an append query to add those records not already listed in the master
table.  I recently split the database because of some other random conflicts
we began to have once two users began to access the database. I read that
splitting might help.  Now I am unable to append to the master table using
the append query.  I get a message that there is a violoation regarding an
index, primary key, or relationship.  I've also tried to manually cut & paste
the records from the results of the append query with no success.  Both the
updated table and the master table have a autonumber primary key.  I've
verified that nothing has changed.  The two tables are still formatted
exactly the same as before they were split--and that process has worked
effectively for me for about 3 years now.  Any ideas?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Make a find duplicates query by clicking on the new button in the query
window.  Use you two tables and select the key fields for the query.  Run it
and you should find your problem.  Think you'll find a problem between you
auto number fields.
"emch62" <emch62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a table to which I daily upload financial reports into one table,
>and
> run an append query to add those records not already listed in the master
> table.  I recently split the database because of some other random
> conflicts
> we began to have once two users began to access the database. I read that
> splitting might help.  Now I am unable to append to the master table using
> the append query.  I get a message that there is a violoation regarding an
> index, primary key, or relationship.  I've also tried to manually cut &
> paste
> the records from the results of the append query with no success.  Both
> the
> updated table and the master table have a autonumber primary key.  I've
> verified that nothing has changed.  The two tables are still formatted
> exactly the same as before they were split--and that process has worked
> effectively for me for about 3 years now.  Any ideas?

0
Pete
8/24/2007 4:57:27 PM
Within one table or query.  Make a query of the matching key fields and then
> Thanks Pete, but I may need a little more clarification.  When I created
> the
> find duplicates query, it only allows you to search for duplicates within
> one
> table.  I ran it on the master table, and it didn't find any results.  Of
> course, I wouldn't expect it to since I can't get the other table to
> append
> because of the key violation.  I am by no means an access guru, so I may
> be
> missing something.
>
> "Pete D." wrote:
>
>> Make a find duplicates query by clicking on the new button in the query
>> window.  Use you two tables and select the key fields for the query.  Run
>> it
>> and you should find your problem.  Think you'll find a problem between
>> you
>> auto number fields.
>> "emch62" <emch62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a table to which I daily upload financial reports into one table,
>> >and
>> > run an append query to add those records not already listed in the
>> > master
>> > table.  I recently split the database because of some other random
>> > conflicts
>> > we began to have once two users began to access the database. I read
>> > that
>> > splitting might help.  Now I am unable to append to the master table
>> > using
>> > the append query.  I get a message that there is a violoation regarding
>> > an
>> > index, primary key, or relationship.  I've also tried to manually cut &
>> > paste
>> > the records from the results of the append query with no success.  Both
>> > the
>> > updated table and the master table have a autonumber primary key.  I've
>> > verified that nothing has changed.  The two tables are still formatted
>> > exactly the same as before they were split--and that process has worked
>> > effectively for me for about 3 years now.  Any ideas?

0
Pete

Excel 2000 Pivot Table
when I create a pivot table or go to update an existing one, I can select or de-select an item from the Feild Drop Down Arrow. Is this a setting somewhere? -- beccong ------------------------------------------------------------------------ beccong's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482088 Is the workbook shared? If so, you won't be able to change the pivot table. beccong wrote: > when I create a pivot table or go to update an existing one, I can > select or de-s...

Data Validation Rule in Table Design
Can you tell me how to write a data validation rule I can use in the table design mode for a phone number field that will not allow blanks (eg Not null) and allow user to write N/A if phone number is not known or available AND allow user to type a phone number as (123) 123-3456 if phone number is available. Thanks. Steve One consideration ... if you want the field to hold either a number or a text string (e.g., N/A), the underlying field needs to be text data type, not numeric. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received...

Add a column to Items table
Hi, I am using ver 1.2 and we have added bin locations (under the Special tab) to our inventory to help us locate items. Can I get the bin location to show up in a column on the Items table (Database > Items)? Thanks, George George, Not out of the box. You would need a customization to accomplish this. If you are interested in one let us know. Give us a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-179...

Adding Same Field 2x in an Excel 2007 Pivot Table
Hello, Is there a way to add the same field twice in a Pivot Table? I'm trying to add a Date field in the Row section of the Pivot Table twice but it does not allow me to do it. I need to have it in there twice since one of the fields will be group week and the second will show each individual day. I thought this was possible but I can’t seem to make it work. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. ...

Check Box
I have a table linked from an SQL Server database that I would like to update through an Access form. I need to use a series of check boxes to adjust over 100 different fields, but I need the check boxes to update the fields in the linked table with 1 for yes instead of -1. The reason for this is that the other software that loads information from the database uses 1 as the value for yes and cannot be configured otherwise. I cannot use custom formatting on the table fields since they are linked. I am assuming that a VB script is the way to go, but am having trouble getting...

Basic way to make basic databases work on Access2007?
I tried the Microsoft info on this questions and it was really worthless. Let's say a "little guy" makes some unsplit Access 2003 databases with Macros and code which a friend wants to run on Access 2007 without "security" related hassles, including without wanting to have to click through warnings every time it is opened. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks in advance Sincerely, Fred Fred If you trust your friend, you can tell Access/Windows to trust the location in which the file runs. -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microso...

Database design question
Just curious about any drawbacks to this type of database design. There is an organization table that has many types of organizations and structures dealing with organizations in it such as: Company, Region, Market, etc There is another table that is the linking table for all the organizations. The type of relationship you are looking at is by a RecordTypeID. So in essence, it is like having 6 diffent tables in one table with about 12+ different mapping tables in another table. So your queries would look something like: SELECT * FROM Organization Company JOIN Organ...

add additional column in pivot table
I have create a pivot table and used grouping function to grouping data into two months, one column is June and the other is July, how can I able to have one more column to calculate the two month difference in % ?? ...

Storing images in Sql database
Hi, I currently have a web server with a illustrations folder containing some 100,000 images of all types (gif/jpeg...). The folder is presenting a great management problem since it is really hard to load the entire content of that folder remotely, and it may take minutes to open that folder up. However, we've already installed a ASP.Net Handler in that folder to generate thumbnails, which enables us change the storage option if we wanted. So, the question is, would it be optimal to place all those images in a Sql 2005 Database and retrieve them using an Asp.Net Web handler when ...

Table of Contents font ?
How do I change the font of the table of contents? Thanks, -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". Modify the styles named TOC 1, TOC 2, ... as described in http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ModifyAStyle.html. (If you have Word 2007, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to open the Styles pane, right-click the one of the style names, and choose Modify to get to the necessary dialog.) -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all f...

business portal tables
Howdy there kind folks. I need to track down the tables in the Dynamics database that hold all the purchase order information. Particularly the bits that deal with transferring a purchase request to a purchase order. i started looking but theres just too many. I know all the requisition ones start with reqmgmt. Sadly the purchase order ones dont seem to follow this idea. many thanks. they are not in the Dynamics database, the purchase order tables are contained in the company database (like TWO) and they begin with POP the POP10xxx series are the work tables you should be looking at. ...

how to use temporary tables in dex
Hi Somebody has one example of how to use temporary tables in dex Cesar Hi Cesar. Define temp tables just as you would define a SQL table in Dex - but with physical name as "temp" without the quotation. I recommend using database type ctree for performance as it would just create a temp file in your directory. From there on, just use the temp table as you would with normal dex table but remember that once you are done with your routine, your temp table will be deleted automatically. Use temp table as a temporary repository for your calculations, reports, etc. ---Darryl Baj...

disabling data updates within excel pivot table
When saving a Office Web Component Excel Pivot Table, as displayed from with a Web Browser, using the excel export function, I want to be able to freeze the data displayed, so that when ever I reopen the saved excel file the data content does not change to reflect any subsequent changes in the under lying OLAP cube ...

Have any spreadsheet table ideas??
Hi all, I'm kinda doing a personal project for myself. I want to create exce worksheet tables for all the necessities in daily life. It will rang from school to work to even exercises. For example, I did already several worksheets like: Grades Bowling scores Savings account Exercise jogging Weight log Since I'm not such a creative being in Excel spreadsheets, I wa wondering if any of you Excel experts with tons of experience workin with spreadsheet can post me more ideas for me to make, or even direc me to websites that have. Very much appreciated for helping a newbie. Sincerel...

Webstore / exchnage Table
I want to import my XML order document into the database table "Exchange" set the ProcessorCode field to "YahooStore". Due to my limited expierence with XML I can not get the file into the Exchange table. Is there a specific SP, DTS or VB script that does this? Also, if I have multiple orders in one file do I need to strip them out and insert into the exchange table as individual orders? Your assistance would be much appreciated. Cliff ...

Copy html table to word not keeping settings
I want to copy a html table to a word programatically. I have manage to get to a point where the table is pasted. But the paste is not the same as if i would use Ctrl+V or Edit/Paste. For merged cells the font settings are not kept. Is there a way to keep the settings for merged cells? Or a way to paste the html table in a word like the Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V does? ...

Is it possible to get text values in a pivot table?
From this: ROW COL VAL A HD1 X B HD2 Y B HD1 Z C HD3 J A HD3 Z B HD3 R C HD1 S Get this? Var of VAL COL ROW HD1 HD2 HD3 A X Z B Z Y R C S J (If 2 rows go to same cell, would need to get maximum or first). Not with Pivot Table Let you A, B C data be A1:A7, the HDn data in B1:B7 and the other data in C1:C7 In some convenient place (I use A11) enter =A1&B1 and copy down the column (you could put this in another sheet or in a hidden column) Make the heading HD1, HD2 - I did this in F1:H1 and the row ...

Re-install a database/company after deleting the DB in SQL EM.
Can anyone list all the tables that need to be cleaned out if a company database is deleted in Enterprise Manager before the company is deleted in GP? I have mistakenly done this and would like to clear everything out and set up that same database name again. No backup yet as it was a brand-new migration database ( a poor excuse I admit) that had the migration run on it. Thought we had it by clearing out the related company entries in the SY01500, DU0000xx, SY40500, SY40502? and a few more tables, but the new company setup still bombs on the very last step of the SQL setup (loading d...

Please help, Issues moving a CRM4 database to a new server and dom
Hi, I know there are a few posts here about this but nothing works for me. My Goal is to move a database to another server in another location with a different domain. Here is what I tried. I backed up the database on the current server (domain name: serverusa). I did backup both the MSCRM and the Config. First I tried to install MSCRM fresh on the new server (Domain name: server-ebm) I then checked it and I could access the CRM fine on the server using IE. Then I did go to the SQM management and restored the MSCRM database from a dump. After this I can access but it tells me "Inva...

Link Access table to Excel worksheet
I want to link these so that they can be edited in either programme. Whichever way, the link box is greyed out. You can make a linked table in Access. It's File - Get External Data - Link. The data lives in the Excel workbook, I think (I don't think Access keeps a copy of it). But you can change data in either Excel or Access. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "dalesrunner" <dalesrunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A165D6C6-D173-45F7-94D5-352E3AA5121E@microsoft.com... ...

Table Filters and Empty Records
Hi, I'm quite new to Reporting Services and am having a bit of a confusing afternoon with it. I'm trying to build a report that contains a series of discrete reports for a number of projects that show project data and any milestone tasks associated with each project; if a project has no milesetones, the project data is still to be displayed. So, I build a report that has a series of fields showing project information (name, cost, state, etc.) and then a table below it to contain the milestone tasks for each project. All of these are placed within a list data region ...

How do I print addresses in an Excel table on a flyer for mailing?
I have a one-sided flyer that will be tri-folded for mailing. Before folding, how do I print the addresses from an Excel table on the blank side of the flyer? And how do I include my return address? -- kateinmo Hi Kateinmo, Look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kateinmo" <kateinmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8542D8A7-0132-42DF-933A-5E1B7780CF4D@microsoft.com... |I have a one-sided flyer that will be tri-folded for mailing. Before folding, | how do I print the addresses fr...

How to store E-mail content in a database
Hello, Cant the e-mail content be store in a database like access from outlook e-mail. I already read articles 181426 How to store outlook message in access database, but that only imports who sent the e-mail not what was in the e-mail. We are taking a survey on the web and the answer comes via e- mail to us. We want to store the answers into a database. Because we don't host our own website we cannot create the form in front page to do this. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks, Maritza. ...

single payment w/split to multiple loans
I made a single payment to a bank for 3 different loans. When I go to split the categories and apply the payment to the loans loans are not available in the split view. Money 2002 Thanks Dean IF the question you didn't ask, but meant to, was "is there a way around this?" The answer is not a good one. The only not-so-good one that comes to mind is an intermediate account. This will make the three transactions you don't want into four. "Dean Dummitt" <ddummitt at pstel dot net> wrote in message news:Te6dnRktv7bffbrYnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@trueband.net... ...

charting pivot table results by month
I am trying to create a chart that shows monthly totals from pivot table results. Each record has a date in the first field in the format, 01/01/2004. I have been using the Month function on the date field to change it to a number corresponding to the month before creating the pivot chart. This gives me the monthly totals that I need but I think there must be an easier way. Any suggestions? Thanks. Ken Ken - If you use a custom number format of m or mm, your date will appear as just the month's number, 2 or 02 for February. mmm would give you Feb, and mmmm February. This wouldn'...