Space at end of folder name

Using the generic BrowseForFolder function, the returned string value has a
square at the end of the path's folder name. I never realized it before, but
after single clicking a folder in Windows Explorer there appears to be an
extra non printing character. What is the character and how do you remove it
from the string.

When I place my cursor over the string this is what I see:
"C:\Testing[square]"

Thank you
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Billy B <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Using the generic BrowseForFolder function, the returned string value has a
>square at the end of the path's folder name. I never realized it before, but
>after single clicking a folder in Windows Explorer there appears to be an
>extra non printing character. What is the character and how do you remove it
>from the string.

That's probably a null or binary 00.  Many API calls use that
character to terminate the string.    All the code that I can recall
seeing strips off that string.

What URL did you get that code from?

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote:

>That's probably a null or binary 00.  Many API calls use that
>character to terminate the string.    All the code that I can recall
>seeing strips off that string.

Actually I was just using some API code yesterday and it refreshed my
memory.  Sometimes the string is returned along with a length.  You
then use only what's mentioned in the length.  What gets stripped is
frequently the null character.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

Name could not be resolved error.....
Hi Have a strange problem, where I can set up mail accounts, and use these fine, but if I try to add a mailbox in the Open These Additional Mailboxes field, I immediately get an error "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" This is before ive even tried to resolve a name, its as I click Add, the error just appears, so you dont even get a chance to put a name in there. Any ideas what could have caused this? it seems to be after we ran the move server wizard and moved the server with these accounts on into a new site. Thanks Graham ...

Moving Emails to a Public Folder
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to several email addresses to one public folder. The problem is that these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field, but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was sent to (without looking in the headers). When you reply, the original email in the body still only references the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was originally sent to. Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed? If not,...

EXCH2003 - OWA
In our organization, we have a master contact list as Contacts in our public folders. In OWA we can see and get access to those contacts, but when you double-click on a contact card, the button to send email to this contact is grey-ed out. The contacts associated with my mailbox has that option available. any thoughts???? ???????? ...

Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup uninstall problem
Hello techie nerds out there Help! I am trying to uninstall this utility to reinstall it on another desktop on the same machine. It seems you can only run this utility on one desktop? Running windows XP pro and Outlook 2002 The programme does not show up in the Add/Remove programme window in the Control Panel. Many, many thanks Paul Paul Allen <ict@wandsworthvb.org.uk> wrote: > I am trying to uninstall this utility to reinstall it on > another desktop on the same machine. It seems you can only > run this utility on one desktop? Doesn't seem to be the case here. ...

retrieving directory names
Dear group! Apparently it's a simple question: How do I retrieve the directory name that my program's running in? Background: My applications reads and writes its' configurations from an xml file which is supposed to be stored in the same directory with the executable. Relative pathnames like ".\myconfig.xml" appear to work at startup but as soon as I invoke some file dialogs during runtime the ".\" expression is resolved to the last directory I opened something from. The followup-question to this would be: How do I retrieve directory names like "my pictur...

Search folders Otlk-2003 don't work?
I create a new search folder in OUtlook folder with the criteria, "mail to and from certain people". And then I choose a person from the list. The email address for that person has always been the same. However the search folder only comes up with mail I have SENT to that person, not mail they have sent to me. Whats with that? thanks... jf ...

How to get device name?
Hello all: I want to know all the name of devices in my PC, because I want to open them using API CreateFile and test it, how to do?thanks. Hi, what you want do by meanin "test it"? You cant open all devices with the API CreateFile (for several reasons). Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#vVH#JkqKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Sort highest by name
I have 55 teams in A1 to A55. I have their scores in B1 to B55. Is there a way to list the scores (highest to lowest) but giving their team names instead of all the numbers in order of the highest to the lowest? Help Obe 1 Why don't you just sort this data by column B in descending order? Select the range starting from cell B1 then just click the sort descending button on the toolbar. If you don't want to sort the data then you could use a formula. Are there any tie scores? What type of values are the scores? Are they whole numbers? Decimals? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP &qu...

Understanding Rehoming Public Folders
Hey guys, need some clarification. Under Exchange 5.5 I have public folders replicating to Exchange 2003. The home server option to rehome the public folder under 5.5, by changing this to point to the 2003 server, it won't remove it from the 5.5 server will it?? you should read the article written by William Boswell Great approach http://msexchange911.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=32&topic=204.0 oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog) "Mike" wr...

Why is Outlook 2003 synchronizing folders from a PoP email account!
I have one internet email account. No Exchange. I loaded Outlook 2003 3 days ago. All of a sudden. Today, it is synchronizing my folders. It takes forever and seems to be in some kind of a loop. 2 hours and still no email downloaded. Let the games begin, again. Another product from Microsoft with major bugs right out of the shoot. SP1 ready yet? Any Microsoft employees here care to tell me how to disable the synchronization of my folders to other folders that don't exist? Do you care to tell us what options you selected before shooting off your opinions about Microsoft???? --� Milly S...

Add a nwe mail folder with new email address
I want to add a new folder within the mail area in Outlook 2003. opened up an additional email account with my IP and want that email t go to a seperate main folder in outlook. Under All Mail Folders I'v got Personal Folders and Hotmail as root folders in the area. I wan to add another root folder for my new email only. Thank you, Crai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Apart from special accounts like HTTP and IMAP when you collect POP3 then all mess...

email defaults to personal folder
Hello we have run into a new problem at my work. About 5 new people started recently and the all tried to open their email accounts before they were properly setup. Because no server was entered they now have a top folder called "Personal Folders". What we have been doing to fix the situation is to right click on the outlook icon choose > properties > email accounts > Add a new email account. This method then adds the user's mailbox to outlook. The problem however is that we have lost old calendar information as well as the mail defaults to the personal folder ...

Exchange GAL to Local COntacts Folder Export Script

#Name? problem that has been stumping Everyone
I have been posting this message for about 5 days now and no one has been able to help. I have a macro that fills down the formula =IF(AT2 = 500,MROUND(AI2,500),IF(AT2 = 5,MROUND(AI2,5),IF(AT2 = 10,MROUND(AI2,10),IF(AT2 = 25,MROUND(AI2,25),IF(AT2 = 100,MROUND(AI2,100),IF(AT2 = 200,MROUND(AI2,200),IF(AT2 = 364,MROUND(AI2,364),ROUNDDOWN(AI2,0)))))))) Each time I fill down the range using the macro I get a #name? error. As I have posted before there is no error in the function because when I go into the status bar at the end of the formula and MANUALLY hit enter the formula calculates correctl...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

Charting depending on criteria & data series name as a column val
I want to chart some prices as I want to take a look at price trends. My problems, and I can not figure out how to solve them, are: 1. Is it possible to dynamically change the chart depending on certain criteria (product family & selected customers) 2. As the number of customers is variable and they are in one of the columns. Is it possible to plot a series (customer name), depending on the name of a column? 3. I want to chart the data based on the date, but just include the dates available, to prevent periods of time showing no change (e.g. I don't want monthly ticks for the x a...

Emails diverted to Drafts folder
Windows Mail: I'm seeing incoming mail going into the Drafts folder, and outgoing mail saved to the Drafts folder. Not all mail, but a lot of it. The same is happening in Windows 7 with Live Mail using a POP3 ISP account, not Hotmail. On the computers on which I've seen it, it's a relatively recent problem that didn't exist before. Possibly related to some Windows Update? I have some very irritated people badgering me about this and just can't find an answer. Any light on the subject would be warmly welcomed. -- Anna I have not heard of this particular pro...

How do I remove a hidden space in Excel cells
Not sure if this is an Excel or Word problem... I am doing a mail merge in Word (envelopes). I am pulling my data (name, address, cit/state/zip) from an Excel .xls I created. In mail merge, I select envelopes and go through all the steps. I use the Address Block for the delivery address. However, when it pulls the data over, the name line (first line of address block) is indented by one space. No matter what I do (place cursor at indent and use backspace or place cursor at next two correct lines and add a space), the change doesn't take place. I've checked all the tabs as...

Public Folder Permissions #36
I need to take ownership of several calender based public folders. I apologize as to the lack of skill here. I have just been handed this job and I am trying to do the best I can. Any and all help would be most appreciated. Thanks Open Exchange system manager, expand admin groups, folder public folder. Locate the folder, properties, permissions, client permissions, add yourself as owner. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Apr 17, 12:32 pm, James <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to take ownership of several calender...

Out of Disk Space........ Help!!
Suddenly I am out of disk space. It seems that the IMC OUT Archive has grown so large you cannot even do a dir listing of it. How do I clear the archive files to reclaim space ? Thanks You can safely delete contents of IN\ARCHIVE and OUT\ARCHIVE folders. You also can disable message archival if you do not need it in IMC props\Diag logging tab. froggy wrote: > Suddenly I am out of disk space. It seems that the IMC > OUT Archive has grown so large you cannot even do a dir > listing of it. How do I clear the archive files to > reclaim space ? > > Thanks To help complete...

Column names
Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 Thanks =COLUMN(AA:AA) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "daniel chen" <danchen@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eRRce.675942$w62.535613@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. > e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 > Thanks > Hi, Peo Great! Thanks. How about the other way? i.e. 27 for AA "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23MpiXScTFHA.2560@TK2MSFTNG...

Front-end question
I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... Just download "Using Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 Front-End Servers"but i don't understand how FE and BE comunicate in a multiple server scenario! if i have more than one FE server, how i understand which BE use which FE, when a client send a determinated mail?! I hope that my question is not very generic, for a syntetic answer....thank to all "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: >I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... >Just download "Using Exchange 200...

Double Space in notes in contacts.
Sometimes when hitting enter in a contact note field, enter double spaces instead of single space. Anyway to get it to get it to single space when hitting enter? -- Thank you, Eric Vogel ...

Name AutoCorrect 09-26-03
I am running Access2000 and working on an existing database (I believe it was converted from FoxPro). I have turned on the Name AutoCorrect options (in Tools > Options > General), however, Name AutoCorrect does not work. I searched KnowlegeBase and found a report 230616 which explained that for a "converted database", I need to save each control that I plan to change, in order to generate the Name Map. I have done that, but Name AutoCorrect still does not work. Any help? Not 100% sure but... 1. Can you create a new .mdb, set the NameAutoCorrect, and import the objec...