Sorting records in subform - 19836

I'm having problems sorting the records by a particular field
(SampleDate) for a subform. I can have them sorted no problem in the
actual form the subform is based on, but no matter what I do the
subform will not sort!! What is going on??

Please help.

Dave B

0
Dave
11/7/2007 4:42:01 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:42:01 -0800, Dave <Dave.Beaune@lhsc.on.ca> wrote:

>I'm having problems sorting the records by a particular field
>(SampleDate) for a subform. I can have them sorted no problem in the
>actual form the subform is based on, but no matter what I do the
>subform will not sort!! What is going on??

The simplest way is to base the Subform on a sorted Query.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

problem when entering manually a record in the CRM tables
Why when I enter manually (via SQL Studio Management) a record in the tables (base, extension) that represent an entity in a CRM, I can see this record via the CRM Interface. Any idea about this issue? Microsoft recommends that you do not enter data directly into the SQL tables for CRM. This is unsupported. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote: > Why when I enter manually (via SQL Studio Management) a record in the tables > (base, extension) that represent an entity in a CRM, I can see this record > via the CRM Interface....

Consolidate Multiple Records Query
Good Afternoon, I have been pulling my hair out with this trying to get it to work on Excel and Access, but I just don't have enough knowledge of Access to know if it can work. I have two fields in a table. In field one I have a list of variables, call them City, County, State. In field 2 I have the potential values for each variable. They are listed vertically, so Record 1 shows the value City in Field 1 and Apache Junction in Field 2. Record 2 shows a blank cell in Field 1 and Buckeye in Field 2. Record three shows a blank in Field 1 and Carefree in Field 2, etc. ...

Sorting Crosstab Query Values
I have a crosstab query that I would like to sort in Descending order based on the query's values. I can't seem to figure out an effective way. Below is my current SQL syntax: TRANSFORM Sum(qryTest.CountOfMembership_ID) AS SumOfCountOfMembership_ID SELECT qryTest.Region FROM qryTest GROUP BY qryTest.Region PIVOT qryTest.Club; I would like to sort the CountOfMembership_ID in Descending order. If this can be done any way through this query, please let me know. Thanks in advance! Chad Chad, I don't understand what you are expecting. The CountOfmembership is spread across...

Should be a simple "count" field to count records in list views
A marketing list can show "total number of members" it would be nice if an advanced find or list view could do the same as well as show how many pages of data there are. -- Nick Doelman www.readybms.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

Help! How to set the user right for viewing record
I want to share a account to my subordinate but just allow him to read part of the record e.g. allow him to read the general information but not the other tab in the account record page, is it possible to do that in MSCRM? If I really want to do so, any extra effort I need to perform? ...

Order of records on the form
Hi For some reason when I add a new record it is not the last record on the form What is the cause of it and what in fact sets the order of the records Thank you, Samuel Dear Samuel: The form can be based on a table or a query. Think of the records in a table as a "bag of records" - unordered. If you want to place an order on the records in a table, create a query - then base the form on the query. HTH! -- Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services Freeware Small Library Applications available here: http://www3.sympatico.ca...

can you group together rows to remain intact while sorting?
I have a list which needs to consilidated with another and then sorted chronologically. I neede to lock or group together certain set of rows please i am way past my deadline......thanks Add a helper column Put numbers in this column Row that must stay together, give same number Use this as the first sort key best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "justusmomm" <justusmomm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C12FBC3E-09B1-44C4-B187-0E31092C320A@microsoft.com... >I have a list which needs ...

Converting Access records/tables into Outlook contacts
Does anyone know how to do this? Have you tried using Outlook's File|Import and Export... menu command? On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:52:46 -0700, "Doug" <doug@cardia.biz> wrote: >Does anyone know how to do this? John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in the newgroup and not by email. ...

Sorting of CArray
Hello there! I'm quite new to programming so I'm in desperate need for some help! First, I defined a class which looks like this: --- class PeriodValue { protected: int nPeriod; double dP_E; double dSpecificConsumption; public: [...] } ---/ In my main program I created a CArray of this objects with "CArray<PeriodValue, PeriodValue&> myArray", predefined its size with "myArray.SetSize(someValue)" and added a lot of objects. Now I want to sort them by the member variable "dSpecificConsumption" and found this article http://www....

New Record not appearing in Table
When I created a new record in form view, the new record is not appearing in the table. What do I need to do to make it appear in the table? On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:50:04 -0800, "jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote: >When I created a new record in form view, the new record is not appearing in >the table. >What do I need to do to make it appear in the table? Well, that should do it. - Make sure you moving off the record - it isn't actually written to the table until then. - I assume you're not getting any error messages. Try adding a record directly into the ta...

Sorting by Month and Year in Query
I am trying to run a query that will allow me to select Months and Years from a real date field. Example: my field is date and it is a short date; 1/1/2008. I want to run a query that will sum all my fields by month, so if I enter January 2008 or even 1/2008 it will display just the totals of that month. I tried formatting by Month in the query; "mmmm" but it still displays each day of the month individually, it just doesn't show the actual date it just shows January. Basically I want to run a monthly sum based on month and year. As always any help is greatly apprecia...

Add a sequence to a group of records in a query
This is the situation: I want to add a sequence to a group of records in a query that meet certain criteria. Example: GroupID AreaID EmployeeID SequenceNo (Field to add) 12345 123 458XA 00001 12345 123 452CA 00002 12345 123 538CD 00003 Where GroupID and AreaID are the criteria. How do I assign that sequence? Thx See: Ranking or numbering records at: http://allenbrowne.com/ranking.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Acc...

subform for inputting grades not working
I have this form for inputting student grades that isn't working right. I have an unbound combo box for selecting the student, and then a subform as a datasheet for inputting the grades for that student. Here is my underlying table structure: tblStudents: StudentID Last Name First Name tblCourses: CourseID Course tblCourseGrades: GradeID (Primary Key) StudentID (Foreign Key) CourseID (Foreign Key) Grade In my subform, I have a datasheet with two columns, Course and Grade. Course is a combo box with CourseID as its control sourse (from tblCourseGrades), its...

moving row data to a colunm in sorted order
I have spreadsheet of several columns and rows. I have taken the row of totals and moved them to a new column in a sorted order using (=SMALL) statistical function. The problem is I don't know how to obtain the row headings and match them up to the new column of ordered numbers. As an example below, does anyone know how to match the row names to the new column of numbers. john pat bob new column 13 22 14 16 01 10 14 33 02 12 05 44 ------------------ 16 44 3...

Form creates unwanted record
I have a form for a database whereby I can insert criteria and then, by clicking a "Preview Report" button I can retrieve the information I'm seeking. The problem is that every time I ask for a report the process also creates a new record that contains only the information I input into the form. Somewhere I have an erroneous setting but I can't find where it is. Thanks in advance for any help. Butch On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 10:35:16 -0500, "- Butch" <b76ruehle@ptd.net> wrote: >I have a form for a database whereby I can insert criteria and then, ...

filtering records
So i have a form that shows all the records of products. Each of these products belong to a category. What i want to do is have a drop down menu that lists all the possible categories. When a user selects a category i only want the form to show the products that belong to that category. How would i go about doing that? One way to achieve this would be to have the form based on a query that uses the contents of the combobox as a selection criterion. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in th...

Recording Mutual Fund Purchase Transactions
I'm not sure of the proper way to record simple mutual fund purchase transactions that are automatically paid from my primary checking. I find that I have some transactions that are debit withdrawals from primary checking paid to the fund. These are usually downloaded transactions from by bank. Others are recorded as transfers from primary checking to XXX Fund. These all appear under XXX Fund(Cash). I also have one transaction recorded as an investment transaction that looks like it was entered long ago with no from account. I would think that all these transactions should be recorded as ...

Increment value for sorting
I need to show an increment value on a report but I need to create it in the underlying query for the report. The report shows OT hours offered and I need to sort the report by group code and then from lowest to highest but I need to sort the query by lowest to highest first. I need to show an increment # for the supervisor to offer additional OT... Data should look like this: Emp# OT Offered Group Rank 1234 0.0 A 1 3241 1.0 A 3 3438 0.0 B 2 4532 2....

Create multiple new records in a table
Hi, I have searched through many posts to find the answer to this, but none seem to help: I have a 3 tables: clients, certificates and audits. Each is a one-to- many relationship. I can create certificates for each client, but I am struggling to create seven audit records for each certificate. I need to be able to create a new certificate record and have Access create the seven audit records in one go. At present, I have to create each audit record individually. Is it possible? On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:42:50 -0700, rmorrison@davislangdon.com.au wrote: >Hi, I have searched through many po...

Report based on a record
How can I make a report, when it's opened, ask for user input? I need to have the user select a name from a list & report on that name's record. Is this done in the query for the report or the report itself? Thank You Don I almost always open a form first that has a control for the user to select or enter the criteria value(s). Then I add a button to open the report. There is sample code for this at http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0002.htm. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "blanch2010" wrote: > How can I make a report, when it...

blank records in an XML data import into access 2003
in access 2003, I "got external data" from a perfectly well formed XML file. it created tables properly and even imported as many rows as it should have, but all the fields in the database were blank. that's right, the tables had 1,100 entries, all blank. any thoughts? A Womand Told Me http://www.awomantoldme.com Hi Jim, I get the same problem with some of my files. Did you find a solution? EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Hi Jim, I get the same problem with some of my files. Did you find a solution? EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Port...

No MX record for this address ?
My user is trying to send e-mail to 'someone@internet.net' and it is getting a reply from my Exch 2000 connector that states You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <myserver@mycompany.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <someone@internet.net>... Relaying denied> Then I checked at www.codeflux.com and I see no MX record associated with "internet.net". I would like to understand why my Exchange just didn't send just a standard NDR. Instead the Exchange replied "relaying denied"....

Go to a specific record when opening a form
I have created a database where employees update records in a form on a daily basis. The table is appended each day and new records are added to the end of the table. There are numerous text boxes that are automatically filled, and specific text boxes that are to be filled by the employees. Is there a way to have the form open an automatically jump to the first record where these empty text boxes appear? In other words, I don't want the employees to have to page through records to get to the first record where they need to enter information. Thanks so much for your help! On We...

How to Navigate Through Records in Alphabetical Order
I have a membership DB with a Family_tbl and a Person_tbl. A form/subform shows the family info and all the persons belonging to that family. As I add members, the Family table is getting increasingly out of alphabetical order, which makes it difficult to find a particular family. How can I get the navigation buttons to scroll through the records in alphabetical order, instead of primary key order? I've tried sorting the table, but that has no effect on the form. As the DB grows, I can see navigating getting more difficult, even with alphabetical order; so an extension...

Refresh after New Record Added
I have created an input form for new records from our main production form. The main form does not refresh after the new record is added. I have to exit and reopen to see the new record. Where can I pout a Refresh command to show the new record immediately? Thanks -- A MACKENZIE, CMA, MBA "aMack" <aMack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D39A31AD-B7D6-450A-957C-1FA717E9E064@microsoft.com... >I have created an input form for new records from our main production form. > > The main form does not refresh after the new record is added. > > I hav...