Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)

I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the
OutputTo method in Access:

Run-time error 2306
There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation
specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access

A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because
OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K
rows

A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but
that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of
my text data)

Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for
the FormatType, and the online Help doesn't mention it either, simply
giving "acFormatXLS" as the only Excel option

But there is a solution: use "acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9"

E.g. DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "My Query",
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "C:\Document\MyFile.xls", True

BTW I'm using Microsoft Access 2003 SP2

--John Hunter

1
jshunter
7/2/2007 4:25:00 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Thanks for posting the solution, John.

Hopefully this will help someone who is searching on this issue.

<jshunter@waikato.ac.nz> wrote in message
> I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the
> OutputTo method in Access:
>
> Run-time error 2306
> There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation
> specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access
>
> A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because
> OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K
> rows
>
> A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but
> that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of
> my text data)
>
> Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for
> the FormatType, and the online Help doesn't mention it either, simply
> giving "acFormatXLS" as the only Excel option
>
> But there is a solution: use "acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9"
>
> E.g. DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "My Query",
> acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "C:\Document\MyFile.xls", True
>
> BTW I'm using Microsoft Access 2003 SP2
>
> --John Hunter
0
Allen

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Using Relative path for XML data file?

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Document Viewer installer error

using the journal on outlook

learning Excel #3