Software forum and open source

Hello,

We will be settling for open source data integration software.
We would need to have a thorough documentation and a forum able to help us
on problems if we have any with our solution.

Forums are always good to get solutions to problems. But need to be active
in order to help. Do you know of any active forums for open source software?

Thanks for your advice.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your
problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database
product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. I think you'll have
better luck on a UseNet server, as Microsoft Servers do no currently carry
and discussions of Open Source software.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Guertas" <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We will be settling for open source data integration software.
> We would need to have a thorough documentation and a forum able to help us
> on problems if we have any with our solution.
>
> Forums are always good to get solutions to problems. But need to be active
> in order to help. Do you know of any active forums for open source
> software?
>
> Thanks for your advice.

0
Arvin
1/12/2010 6:14:06 PM
Guertas <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We will be settling for open source data integration software.
>We would need to have a thorough documentation and a forum able to help us
>on problems if we have any with our solution.
>
>Forums are always good to get solutions to problems. But need to be active
>in order to help. Do you know of any active forums for open source software?

I would suggest starting at the site which supports the open source
software in question.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

Outlook 2003 will not open
Can not open outlook 2003 client after closeing it. I have to reboot or kill the process in taskmanager before I can open it again. ...

Opening Links in Outlook 2000
Hi i have an issue, where if i click a secure link in outlook, it opens ok, but if i click another secure link without closing Internet explorer, the 2nd link doesnt work. OS is server 2003 running citrix Outlook 2000 SP3 IE7 any ideas? Sackboy This is a setting in your IE. Go to IE\Properties\Advanced and make sure that you have a checkmark in "Reuse windows when launching shortcuts" When done hit Apply. Try the links again -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Sack...

List of last open documents in Excel
It will be very useful for me if somebody can help me how can I extend list of last open documents in excel. If there are some options option in Excel or I need to download some software. Thanks, If you'll click >Tools >Options and then select the General tab, you can check the Recently Used Files box and set Excel to show up to a maximum of 9 files. Have a look here http://www.danielklann.com/excel/excel_favourites_add-in.htm "Aleksandar Pavlovski" wrote: > It will be very useful for me if somebody can help me how can I extend list > of last open docu...

Opening Excel attachment
When I try to open an excel attachment I get a pop up error message that reads. "Can't create file: file.xls. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder". What exactly is this telling me? I suggest you to get some idea from teh Knowledge Base article given below: from www.support.microsoft.com OLEXP: Unable to Open EML File Attachments in Outlook Express (312355) - When you attempt to open an .eml attachment in Outlook Express, either the file may not open or you may ...

Alternative Software for Power Point
I set up a lap top, and only put in Office Basic, which has Word and some features, but not Powerpoint. What can I put in an inexpensive alternative to that will will Powerpoint files? Thanks. Whats this got to do with outlook? Open Office? "Beach Runner" <Bob4Health@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1156287064.283680.298620@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > I set up a lap top, and only put in Office Basic, which has Word and > some features, > but not Powerpoint. > > What can I put in an inexpensive alternative to that will will > Powerpoint files? >...

Importing or opening a set of email addresses so that they are in vertical cells
When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar and past it into excel they are all in one cell. HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? Thanks Hi Use File/Import Export from Outlook and choose 'Excel file' as type. Andy. "Felix" <felix@feacinstitute.org> wrote in message news:1143044573.798729.163680@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar > and past it into excel they are all in one cell. > HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? > Thanks > Andy thanks, but what I need is: I have a w...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.Cannot open the Outlook wind
The message when I try to open my Outlook 2007 after it flashes open for a second is "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." My only choice is "ok" Aggh. I cannot use my Outlook any more and all my important emails are on it. I am now using a fallback on my servers webrowser email, which is lame. And I had been using Windows Mail from before, but that one slowly deletes my mail once it arrives. I have to copy it first and move it into another file. It is relentless. So, Windows Mail has a terrific bug. I did t...

NNTP Bridge for Microsoft Forums
For those of you lamenting the end of microsoft.public NNTP newsgroups, and not particularly looking forward to using web forums, check out: https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums This is free, it is actually still being developed and worked on, and it does work. I can't say I love it, but it is a solution of sorts. It works with the MS newsreaders and Forte Agent, and quite possibly others. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel Charlie Russel - MVP wrote: > For those of you lamenting the end of microsoft.public NNTP > newsgroups, and not par...

Can't open file in Publisher 2003
any recovery advice for a Publisher 2003 file that was being worked on this morning but now gets a "Publisher cannot open the file" error dialog. I get the same error in Publisher 2007. No backup, dumb dumb dumb... Dave DDP ddpcad wrote: > any recovery advice for a Publisher 2003 file that was being worked on > this morning but now gets a "Publisher cannot open the file" error > dialog. I get the same error in Publisher 2007. No backup, dumb dumb > dumb... > Dave > DDP I have tried everything in MS publication 198256 to no avail. Any other ideas? D...

always ask before opening this type of file greyed out 2007
Windows 7 64 bit Office Outlook 2007 Guest account turned off Logged in as Administrator When I try to open attachments (zip files for example) I get the warning box. There is a box "Always ask before opening this type of file?" that's checked but I can't uncheck it since it is greyed out. rickghouse wrote: > Windows 7 64 bit > Office Outlook 2007 > Guest account turned off > Logged in as Administrator > > When I try to open attachments (zip files for example) I get the warning > box. There is a box "Always ask before opening...

Open Excel File from IE7 Shortcut
XP SP2 Excel 2003 IE 7 I have a simple Excel file that I often need to access when I am browsing the web. I don't access the file often so I sometimes forget where it's stored. To get around that problem I decided to create a shortcut to the file and then add that shortcut to my IE7 favorites just to make it more convenient to access the file. IE7 will open the file, but it opens in IE7, which means that I don't have access to the Excel menus and toolbars. I would like to have the file open in Excel. Toward that end I put the following command in the Target field of th...

You cannot mark this year as historical year as open year balances exist for it
Hi.. Actually While loading the Data , we didn't marked the Year 2003 as historical year. Hence , when we have loaded the 2003 GL data in the company , it has not transfered the balances to Year 2004. When we try to mark the year as historical year, it is giving the message that "You cannot mark this year as historical year as open year balances exist for it." Kindly suggest how to resolve this problem. Thanks Running the General Ledger Year-End Closing process for 2003 should bring the balances forward for 2004 and make 2003 an historical year. Before performing a y...

Can't open .pub files
I have Publisher 2003. Once I save a project, I can't open it again. When I select the .pub file to open, Publisher opens and then says "Publisher cannot find the file you specified", then when the Open Publication window pops up, I choose the project that I want to open, then I get "Publisher cannot open the file." What am I missing? Maybe the following article will be useful: (329820) How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 -- John Inzer "Littledickens22" <Littledickens22@dis...

changed query, but it didn't add to record source of report
I am trying to figure out the best way to create this report. Since there is a lot of conditional data I created a query that solved most of my answers then I just add the field to my report created based on the query. But I then added a field to the query later and it does not show up in the record source to add as existing field. So must I "completely" create the query before I make the report for the first time or is there a way to get to the fields of a query? thanks Are you sure that the query is being used as the RecordSource for the report? Take a look at the repor...

Outlook 2007 hangs when opening word docs
Dear All, About 1 out of every 5 times when I open a Word Doc that I receive as an email attachment, my Outlook hangs, goes through a forced close, then reopens. Any ideas? Thank you- asf66 ...

Where is the Internet source located?
I subscribe to Spamcop, a service that reports spam to a spammer's ISP. In order to submit spam, I need access to the raw email containing the headers and body. This is easy to do using Outlook Express but I can't find out how to do it in Outlook. How do I do it? -Ricky What version of Outlook? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/viewing_headers.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

Manually Open Reminders Window
Hi everyone, I just wanted to know if someone knows a way of manually opening the REMINDERS window. Mostly when I start outlook I got something to do so I just click on the CROSS on the reminders window then later when I want to look at the reminders and attend to them, the only way I know to open it is by CLOSING out of OUTLOOK and re logging in and that is a painful process. I was wondering if there was a way of opening the reminders window without having to close and open outlook. Thanks. Did you try the View | Reminders Window command?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author ...

recommend software for AVI merge
Can anyone recommend software for win 7 64 bit that can merge avi files into 1? Tony Anthony, Virtualdub (http://www.virtualdub.org/) is a freeware software that does what you need. It has an x64 native version. Carlos "Anthony Lisanti" wrote: > > Can anyone recommend software for win 7 64 bit that can merge avi > files into 1? > > Tony > > . > Thanks! i found that last night too. Looks like it's the ticket to what I need On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 07:50:01 -0700, Carlos <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

New excel file with pivot table opening error when password protec
Hi , I am encounting a problem when i create a new excel file with pivot table. Once i password protect it. the next time i launch it i get an error Unable to read file Same problem describe in this website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/819853/en-us Only thing mine is office 2003 pro ...

can't open weblinks in office 200 documents
I am have difficulty opening weblinks in word and excel, when I try I get either the: "No program is registerd to open this file" or "Cannot locate the Internet server or Proxy server", anyone had this problem - how do I fix it???? ...

Excel document not opening
I recently had a hard drive go sour on me. I was however able to pull the documents off the drive. On one of the files I try to bring up I get an error saying "unable to read file". It sounds like it is corrupt to me. Does anybody know any workarounds to be able to get this document running or at least pull the data off and try to import it into a new document? Thanks in advance, Steve Steve Try recovermyfiles.com for their utility. This will recover lost Office documents. There was a free copy on the December edition of PCPlus magazine in the UK t...

Outlook will not open after clicking Icon
Hello I seem to have mysteriously lost my Outlook connection. When I click on the icon, the hourglass appears for a few seconds, then goes away. Any ideas? Alex Does Outlook start in safe mode? (start | run | type: outlook.exe /safe | ok button) If Outlook 2000 (part of Office 2000), are any of the other applications just quitting right after launch? "Alex" <almo67sf@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:04e401c34fde$df626f10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > I seem to have mysteriously lost my Outlook connection. > When I click on the icon, the hourglass appea...

Publisher 2003 can't open files after install XP SP3!!!??
Hi, I have strange problem with publisher 2003 sp3. After install Windows XP SP3 I can't open most of my files. Error massage "Publisher cannot open the file" or therw is an error in mspub.exe.. I try on other computer with Sp3 in my office and it is the same problem. On compuer without Sp3 to XP PRO publisher seems to work fine with all of my files. Office is updated with latest patch form office.microsoft.com. Do you have any idea what is wrong ?:) Regards, Moophone ...

Use Query for Row Source
Re-Post question not resolved/provided attention to from 26 Oct 07 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steve, here is the info you requested: Row Source = SELECT [EPR/TR/OPR].[FullName] FROM [EPR/TR/OPR]; Column Count = 1 Column Widths = 1.7605" List Width = 1.7604" Bound Column = 1 Thanks, Rick "Steve Schapel" wrote: > Rick, > > In design view of the form, can you select the combobox, and look at the > Properties. Can you post back with what is entered in there for these > properties: > > Row S...