Simple Linked Sharepoint site - Updating information after open

Ok.. In Access 2003, I used to be able to open a Access 2003 database, have
linked tables to Sharpoint and run queries and create reports.  I could run a
query, get results, make changes in Sharepoint and re-run the query seeing
the changes I made in the Query results.

So then I make a stupid mistake of upgrading to Access 2007.  Now, when I
open the database (same one, new one, doesn't matter), it seems like it goes
and updates all the tables, then "Caches" that information into Access 2007.
What this causes is that I can no longer run a Query, make changes in
sharepoint and then re-run the query to reflect my changes.  I have to
actually close out of Access and open access to see the changes.

This is a real pain, can this be fixed.

Many thanks in advance!

Blaze
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Linking records to a Service Activity
Hi there Is it possible to link an Opportunity and a customised entity of Property to a Service Activity? My client needs to know what the Opportunity contains (product, qty's), and what details we hold about the Property (lift access, parking) before they schedule the service activity. Any ideas would be great. -- Many Thanks Jan_s ...

Directly link item engineering data rev level to PO entry/update
Common industry standard is to note the revision level of the item ordered on the PO... this is required for ISO. There is no direct table link from item engineering data to the PO Entry/update regarding item's current revision level. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Manufacturing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool
I'm not having any luck in finding more information about the Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool and even a harder time locating the download. I've read article http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx, it contains a link to the Microsoft Download Center but the tool doesn't list when you select the downloads for Outlook. I tried to do a search on MS for the "Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool", with no luck locating the download. Does anyone know where to obtain a copy of the tool or if Microsoft has released it out to download. The MS articles state it...

Dynamic chart not updating correctly.
Oh Wise Ones, I posted a similar question a few weeks ago, but I have more to add. I have a range (C4:C23) that dynamically pulls data from a sql server every 2 seconds and updates every 2 seconds. The problem is the chart I have attatched that graphs this range will not update even though I can see the values changing in the cells. What I have noticed since my last post, is that while I run WinXP/Excel XP, there is another station running Win2000/Excel 2000 that has a chart that updates dynamically. What gives? Thanks, Mike ...

print number of update records through sql job
I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 millions records. I have schedule this through sqljob. I'm looking over sql example to check for update records and gives a output and quit the jobs if no update records. Thanks in advance sqlnovice (sqlnovice@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a > churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 > millions records. I have schedule this...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Calculate As of Date Check Book Opening Balance
Hi Is there any way to calculate as of opening and closing balance of a given check for Payments and Deposits Listing report Module = Banak Management Regards Irfan ...

Multiple workbooks open -- closing workbooks
Dear Clever People, I hope this is not the "silly question of the day". We were wondering (when you have multiple workbooks open and you close one workbook) why are all other workbooks forced to be closed, too? Is it possible to ever close one workbook and leave all the others open? Thank you, Janet Close it by going to file>close or by pressing Ctrl + F4 or by clicking the smaller X below the big red X -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Janet Panighetti" <JanetPanighetti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9BC30B-BE1A-4605-B215-99C07CB1D366...

Timeout error in incident.update
I have an incident.update line in my post callout. No matter how simple the update strIncidentXml is, I always get timeout error from the server. Afterwards I changed my mind and decided to use SQL update statement to update the incidentbase table. Again I get timeout expired message (ErrorMessage: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding) What can be causing this? Why am I not being able to update incidents? Thanks in advance for your ideas. ...

Backing up open database
Hi All, Two part question: can an open database be backed up (by the user who has it open) and if so, are there any issues associated with doing so? I have an Access 2000 database through which we crunch payroll data from a Progress database for the purpose of printing information not stored in the Progress database on check stubs. The Access database is not set up such that the users open it exclusively however, I have code in place that prevents a second user from opening the database if someone's already in. As part of the payroll processing, I have the payroll clerks notify me...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Why does a drop ship PO need a Site ID for the line items?
What line item Site ID would I use on drop ship POs? On a normal PO, the Site ID is where the product will be inventoried; for a drop ship, it will never come into our warehouse so I'm confused why I would need to enter something here. The address to which the vendor ships the product is put into the Shipping Address ID (which makes sense)....I just don't get why you need a Site ID. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Bud, The Site ID is a required field and you will be asked to enter one, even when entering a drop-ship PO. Best rega...

Internet Update zapped by October budget
Today after I downloaded transactions from my online accounts I noticed that my October budget was gone. It was there yesterday, so the only thing I can think happened was that the "Money Update" portion of the Internet Update downloaded something that affected my October budget. Has this happened to anyone else? On the individual transactions the catagories I assigned are still there, but the information for all of October has been deleted from the budget. What do I do now? Thank you. >-----Original Message----- >Today after I downloaded transactions from my on...

Updating a Running total from a cell
Hi, I have an inventory list that I want to update the "On-Hand" field, keep the running total, from an update entry into the "this shipment" field for each inventory item. I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each product. I want it to look like this: On Hand This Shipment Running Total Product #1 5 3 8 Product #2 10 -5 5 Product #3 20 10 30 ...

Error - Did not CLose Before Exiting
I'm receiving an error.. "...did not close the file before exiting" Money needs to verify the information in your file When I click Yes I then recevie the error.... "The email address or Password is in correct" ....if you are opening an existing file, sign in without access to online services. I know the password is correct as I have not changed it and it works with an older version of this file(from 1-month ago). I've tried to repair the current file, but was unsuccessful How can I sign in offline? Hello: My recommendation is to restore a ...

How to link Subtotal results?
How do i use subtotal function results from one worksheet in anothe work sheet. I am able to work out average price of raw materals brough but would liked it automatically linked to my profit forecast and actua sales worksheet. Or is there an easier way for me to have stock control and sales dat linked -- bugg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- buggu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56412 If you want to link to a cell you can just co...

No updates possible 80072EFE
Hello, Since a few days now, it is completely impossible for me to receive updates for Windows 7 Ultimate. I keep getting an 80072EFE error. When I try to go to the microsoft update website itself, something seems to stop me, saying "The page can not be displayed", and I have had browser issues for a few days too, ie. when I follow a link I searched on Google, I get sent to advertising websites, and, as mentioned before, something seems to block the sites which could help me sort out my problem. I have already done Malware checks with Spybot Search and Destroy, Lava...

Link File
Hi, I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message everytime when I open the file. Thanks in advance for your help. Eling Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "et" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. > How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message > everytime when I open the fi...

opening multiple blank documents on start-up
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how I can open multiple blank documents on my (MDI) application's startup. (using VC++ 6.0) I've looked at the commandline info stuff, but it looks like I can only tell it to do one FileNew. Basically I just want, say, n new documents created (along with their views, presumably) when I start my program. Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this, or can suggest where I should look for answers? thanks! Brian In principle: make the doc template a member object in your app.h CMultiDocTemplate* m_pMyDocTemplate; use this pointer in the .cpp temp...

Update Query ctnd:
Hello, I have tried the code from Arvin however I now get 2 paramater prompts. The 1st is for "transactions.Datefield" and the 2nd "Please enter Waiting or Pending" UPDATE transactions SET transactions.Status = "Cleared" WHERE (((transactions.datefield)<Date()-10) And ((transactions.Status)=[Please enter Waiting or Pending])); Can I run this procedure atomatically when the database opens without the prompts & user input Thanks The first prompt implies that datefield isn't the actual name of the field in your transactions table. The second prompt...

How to bookmark a link with variables?
The following link contains a date format "20100415", I would like to bookmark this link with variables, which is a string for today. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20100415/00186_001.html variable = today in format yyyymmdd http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/variable/00186_001.html Hi, Write a javascript bookmarklet or suggest to http://orientaldaily.on.cc/ that they add rss feeds or web slices to THEIR site. Regards. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Uninstalled 2007 Trial, now all docs don't open
I used the 2007 Trial and uninstalled it, and now my docs do not open in the 2003 Version that came on my computer from the beginning. Any ideas? I do not have the original CD. Did you save your files as .docx or .doc? If it's the former you need to go to Microsoft's site and download the 2007 compatibility pack for 2003. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "JenLy" <JenLy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79ABD79A-9164-4B20-AE07-013AD9DFE4F3@microsoft.com... ...

Linked Workbooks Question
Hi All, I have a workbook that links to two other workbooks. Two carry data, one does the calcs... All three workbooks are in the same directory. When I open the 'calcs' workbook, I allow macros then update links. References to cells in the data workbooks show as #value errors. If I have all three open, the 'calcs' sheet works fine. What gives ??? Thanks to the group. ...

Hyperlinks don't open properly
When I click on a hyperlink in Excel 2003 the link opens Internet Explorer but all I get is a blank white page. If I copy and paste the link into IE it works just fine. I'm stumped. It worked until my wife used excel. She said she clicked on a ecurity question and ever since the links don't open properly -- Gdog ...

I can't get Outlook to open Word as my e-mail editor.
This morning I tried to reply to an e-mail and got the message "Outlook is opening Word 2003 as your e-mail editor" (or something to that effect). The window just stayed onscreen and eventually ended up hanging. Help! :) Are you running the same version of Outlook and Word? Have you applied SP-1 for Office 2003? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, CheshireQat asked: ...