Significant data per record

I'm trying to do a report chart with a table of 3 fields that contain 12000
records.  However, the chart limits the data to about 1/4 of these records.
All 3 fields are number fields.  Is there a limit to number of records or
data points that can be charted.  XY scatter chart or line chart.  Using
Access 2000.
--
FL
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

FL wrote:
> I'm trying to do a report chart with a table of 3 fields that contain 12000
> records.  However, the chart limits the data to about 1/4 of these records.
> All 3 fields are number fields.  Is there a limit to number of records or
> data points that can be charted.  XY scatter chart or line chart.  Using
> Access 2000.

Try:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/4f94af06d1120c87

Note: Since installing Acrobat Reader 8 I can view the sample file
correctly from IE.

If larger images are to be added to the file, make the following change
to the GetColorsFromFile function:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/9c3dcf952fc3e3d3

Also, I have changed the code that I use to get the path for Acrobat
Reader.  The primary function is called GetAcrobatReaderShellPath().
BTW, the default install path convention changed in 8.0.  I check the
registry first.  If that method fails I revert to a table:

tblAcrobatInstallPath
AIPID AutoNumber
AcrobatReaderBaseVersion Text
AcrobatReaderDefaultInstallPath Text
AcrobatReaderOtherInstallPath Text
AIPID AcrobatReaderBaseVersion AcrobatReaderDefaultInstallPath
AcrobatReaderOtherInstallPath
1 3.0 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 3.0\Reader\ Null
2 4.0 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Reader\ Null
3 5.0 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ Null
4 6.0 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ Null
5 7.0 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\ Null
6 8.0 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\ Null

'---Begin module code---
'Support functions and constants for reading a string from the registry
'I have modified slightly the code posted by John deKrafft
Declare Function RegQueryValueEx Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias
"RegQueryValueExA" (ByVal hKey As Long, ByVal lpValueName As String,
ByVal lpReserved As Long, lpType As Long, lpData As Any, lpcbData As
Long) As Long
Declare Function RegOpenKeyEx Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "RegOpenKeyExA"
(ByVal hKey As Long, ByVal lpSubKey As String, ByVal ulOptions As Long,
ByVal samDesired As Long, phkResult As Long) As Long
Declare Function RegCloseKey Lib "advapi32.dll" (ByVal hKey As Long) As Long

Public Const SYNCHRONIZE As Long = &H100000
Public Const STANDARD_RIGHTS_ALL As Long = &H1F0000
Public Const KEY_QUERY_VALUE As Long = &H1
Public Const KEY_SET_VALUE As Long = &H2
Public Const KEY_CREATE_SUB_KEY As Long = &H4
Public Const KEY_ENUMERATE_SUB_KEYS As Long = &H8
Public Const KEY_NOTIFY As Long = &H10
Public Const KEY_CREATE_LINK As Long = &H20
Public Const KEY_ALL_ACCESS As Long = ((STANDARD_RIGHTS_ALL Or _
    KEY_QUERY_VALUE Or KEY_SET_VALUE Or KEY_CREATE_SUB_KEY Or _
    KEY_ENUMERATE_SUB_KEYS Or KEY_NOTIFY Or KEY_CREATE_LINK) And (Not
SYNCHRONIZE))
Public Const ERROR_SUCCESS As Long = 0
Public Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE As Long = &H80000002
Public Const HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT As Long = &H80000000

Public Function GetRegistryString(lngKey As Long, strSubKey As String,
strValue As String) As String
Dim lngDataType As Long
Dim lngDataLength As Long
Dim strDataString As String
Dim lngResult As Long
Dim lngHandle As Long
Const StringLength = 150

strDataString = Space(StringLength)
lngDataType = 0
lngDataLength = CLng(StringLength)
lngResult = RegOpenKeyEx(lngKey, strSubKey, 0, KEY_ALL_ACCESS, lngHandle)
If lngResult <> ERROR_SUCCESS Then
   GetRegistryString = "Error"
   Exit Function
End If
lngResult = RegQueryValueEx(lngHandle, strValue, 0, lngDataType, ByVal
strDataString, lngDataLength)
If lngResult <> ERROR_SUCCESS Then
   GetRegistryString = "Error"
   lngResult = RegCloseKey(lngHandle)
   Exit Function
End If
strDataString = Left(strDataString, lngDataLength)
'Clean the string in a way that works for either registry key option
used in GetAcrobatReaderShellPath()
'Remove a doublequote from the beginning of the string, if present
If Len(strDataString) > 0 Then
   If Left(strDataString, 1) = Chr(34) Then strDataString =
Right(strDataString, Len(strDataString) - 1)
End If
'Delete an extra character if present
If Right(strDataString, 3) <> "exe" And Len(strDataString) > 0 Then
strDataString = Left(strDataString, Len(strDataString) - 1)
'Remove a doublequote from the end of the string, if present
If Len(strDataString) > 0 Then
   If Right(strDataString, 1) = Chr(34) Then strDataString =
Left(strDataString, Len(strDataString) - 1)
End If
'Make sure the string ends with "exe"
If Right(strDataString, 3) = "exe" Then
   GetRegistryString = Left(strDataString, lngDataLength)
Else
   GetRegistryString = "Error"
End If
lngResult = RegCloseKey(lngHandle)
End Function
'----

Public Function GetAcrobatReaderShellPath() As String
'Note: Use HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Adobe\Acrobat\Exe
'since a user might have Acrobat installed and uses it instead of
Acrobat Reader
Dim MyDB As Database
Dim AcroPathRS As Recordset
Dim strSQL As String
Dim lngCount As Long
Dim lngI As Long
Dim strTemp As String
Dim varDir As Variant

strTemp = GetRegistryString(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,
"Software\Adobe\Acrobat\Exe", "")
If strTemp = "" Or strTemp = "Error" Then
   strTemp = "Error"
   'The registry string didn't work so use entry from tblAcrobatInstallPath
   Set MyDB = CurrentDb
   strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblAcrobatInstallPath ORDER BY AIPID DESC;"
   Set AcroPathRS = MyDB.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot)
   If AcroPathRS.RecordCount > 0 Then
     AcroPathRS.MoveLast
     lngCount = AcroPathRS.RecordCount
     AcroPathRS.MoveFirst
     For lngI = 1 To lngCount
       varDir = AcroPathRS("AcrobatReaderOtherInstallPath")
       If Not IsNull(varDir) Then
         If Dir(varDir & "AcroRd32.exe") <> "" Then
           strTemp = varDir & "AcroRd32.exe"
           Exit For
         End If
       Else
         varDir = AcroPathRS("AcrobatReaderDefaultInstallPath")
         If Not IsNull(varDir) Then
           If Dir(varDir & "AcroRd32.exe") <> "" Then
             strTemp = varDir & "AcroRd32.exe"
             Exit For
           End If
         End If
       End If
       If lngI <> lngCount Then AcroPathRS.MoveNext
     Next lngI
   End If
   AcroPathRS.Close
   Set AcroPathRS = Nothing
   Set MyDB = Nothing
End If
GetAcrobatReaderShellPath = strTemp
End Function
'----End module code----

BTW, I think I may have found out why I got some warnings when images
were added.  The line containing "StrConv(TheBytes(), vbUnicode)" is
only used when images are added.  The use of unicode for part of the
content and non-unicode for the rest of the file might throw off the
byte count :-).  I'll have to experiment with making the entire file
unicode before counting bytes.

James A. Fortune
MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com
0
James

How to export Records from Excel to Outlook Contacts?
I'm looking for sample code that allows me to import/export some records from Excel to Outlook Contacts. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Michalakis Michael You don't need code. Just import from Outlook. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Michael" <michalakis_michael@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eIs57j$eFHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm looking for sample code that allows me to import/export some records > from Excel to Outlook Contacts. Any ideas? > > Thanks in advance > Michalakis Michael &g...

Get External Data from Web
Hi I am pulling in currency exchange rate external data from a web site... no problems and storing the information on a worksheet. I have a userform with txtboxes that are linked to each of the cells. When the user form loads, the txtbox shows the currency exchange rate data imported in from the web site...agian no problems. I want to have a cmdbutton on the userform to update the data, i'm using:- ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll but my question is the actual refresh will no take place until the userform is closed. How can i make the refresh data run whilst the userform is...

Dividing mdb to data part and control part
Hello, I've got divided my "some.mdb" to data part and control part with Access 2003 master. As a result Access created a new file named "some_be.mdb", it contains tables only. Also Access wiped out tables from original "some.mdb" and left it with it's original name. The question is: how Access determines which file contains tables when "some.mdb" starts? Many thanks. Denis. If you used the wizard, I would think that it would create "links" to the ..mdb file with the tables. Have you opened the front-end (the one without the ta...

List, Data Validation, unlocked cell, protected sheet.....
I have a unlocked cell, with Data Validation, List. With sheet protection activated I cannot "add" to the cell contents supplied from the List function. If sheet protection is off, this is possable. Is there a way to have this feature with sheet protection turned on (activated)? Hi Kane are you saying that in say cell A1 you have a drop down list created via data validation ... you're clicked on this cell and chosen format / cells / protection - and unchecked locked and then when you choose tools / protection / protect sheet you can't make a selection from the drop do...

Automatically vary range in graph depending on #rows data entered?
I want to set up a chart so that the range of values entered in the Source Data dialog box automatically changes depending on a count of the number of rows of data that has been pasted into worksheet of source data. Can I embed a link to a cell with the number representing the number of rows. For example, in =Data!$H$2:$H$70, I want the "70" to vary depending on how many rows of data have been pasted. For Excel 2002 and/or2007. Dynamic Charts: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/14/dynamic-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Pel...

Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check
Is anyone familiar with this error message. My kid's computer with XP is showing this Yes, it means that the file that is being checked is corrupted. What is the entire error message that you are receiving, and when do you see it? Nikki Peterson "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:v_idnV9BEf8uwIfVnZ2dnUVZ_h2pnZ2d@comcast.com... > Is anyone familiar with this error message. My kid's computer with XP is > showing this > It probably means that your computer hard disk has a bad sector where = the .pst file is stored. =20 Try r...

Linking data in different workbooks
Hi, I have a sheet in a workbook that is linked to another sheet in a different workbook. However, when changes are made, the file that the information is linked to is not updated accordingly. I'm using excel 2000, so perhaps this is an issue that was dealt with in the newer versions. But can anyone shed some light on how excel deals with or interprets linked files so I know what order to open them in or whatever the case may be. ...

missing data codes
What code could I enter in a spreadsheet to acknowledge missing data such as an "*" or blank. When using the discriptive statistics function and error dispays for invalid nonnumeric data due to the asterics. ...

Location of SQL in an external data connection
I have a range that is populated with data from SQL Server when I invoke the ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll method in code. Now I want to modify the SQL behind the query, but I can't see how to expose it in my Excel 2007 worksheet. (I'm sure this was easy in 2003, but seems to be hidden by 2007's Ribbon of Confusion.) Thanks, Al (This works for 2003, but should also work in 2007?) If you right click in the area where the data returned by the query are, there should be an entry like "Edit Query...". That should open the Query Wizard, and at the e...

importing pst files into Outlook from data recovery after hard disk failure
My hard drive blew but luckily my computer tech was able to recover all data onto our new hard disk. Unluckily [unwisely!] I had not made recent backups of Outlook files at home [mail messages, etc.] like I do at work. We located Outlook pst files but because they are not " backed-up" files can't seem to import them back into Outlook. [Outlook prompts to shut down, send error report, etc.] Tech says this process is possible on old OE but can't work out how to do it with Outlook. Any ideas anyone? Matt It doesn't matter if they are "not backed up" files as you...

Success!! Money Plus data imported into M2002
Just finished exporting my Money Plus data and importing it back into Money 2002. All account balances and portfolio numbers match to the penny in both the Plus and M2002 files and all reports I tested produce the exact same results with both files. I also scanned all the account registers and everything looks perfect. The import was a success. Since M2002 has every material feature of Money Plus (except Nuke the Bills) and it cannot be expired by MSFT, I can continue to use it forever. M2002 automatically imports OFX files which is what I use to download my transaction data from all bank...

MX record ttl
Last week my ISP had a range of IPs blacklisted and mine is in that range. I asked my ISP to try and sort it out. They asked me to fix a problem with my domain's DNS, which I did. Now they have written back to me telling me I have to change the MX record TTL from 3600 seconds to at least one day. I have never heard of this requirement before, and I don't know how to change it. The DNS servers where the domain MX records are kept are Windows 2003 DNS. Does anyone know where I can set the MX record TTL? Thanks, Neal apoyar.net? Your 2 MX records are: 100 mail.apoyar.co.nz. ...

Looping through records and creating ID field
Hi there - I'm doing a database that will need to link with a Paradox database. To accomplish this I need to make a certain field in Access. I basically have a table that contains a persons first name and surname. I need to create another field called ID Make that takes the first six characters of the first name, adds in a hyphen and then adds in the first character of the surname. I can do this easily with a query like: Left([First Name],6) & "-" & Left([Surname],1) For example the name William Gates would be turned into: Willia-G Now here comes ...

Query to populate combobox with names of tables, only if they contain data
I just came up with an interesting trick that may be useful to someone else. I have a form with a combobox, populated by names of tables in the database. The intent is to let the user select a table that is then used for subsequent inquiries. What was making the whole process a little inelegant was that occasionally, some of the tables would be empty. There is no point in offering a particular table at all, if there is no data in it for the user to examine. What I wanted was a way to make the combobox display only those tables that have at least one record. It would b...

Filtering record using combo box list
I've created a form with a combox box and a button to search for records in a table. The button is linked to a macro which filters the table, opens and shows the desired record(s) in another form. The 'where' condition in the macro specifies the criteria for filtering, ie. the value selected in the combo box should be equal to a table field. The desired records did come out but the strange thing is that, an extra record will also appear. To my horror, the field which is being used as a criteria has been altered. So I tested out with other values in the combo box and each ti...

How to create list based on data from another list
Hi, I need this for a school project. I belive it's very basic, but I can't understand what do I have to do, so if anyone could help me please. example of the list: NAME MEMBERSHIP PRICE xx yes 100 yy no 150 zz yes 100 (this list goes on) now I have to create another list which will contain (show) only data of the people who has YES in the membership column. I've searched the net for the answers and what I found is that I should choose LIST option from the DATA menu and do...

How Write New Field Data From Form Entry Into A Separate Table
I have a form which contains a listbox. When the user double-clicks on the listbox a 2nd form opens and the user can make a new record entry. On this 2nd form is a field named "txtChillN". When the user has made the entry into this 2nd form I want the value of "txtChillN" to be entered into an unbound table named "tblChills". The field name in this table is "ChillN'. How do I do this? Simplest solution would be to Execute an Append query statement. You can mock up a query using any old value for the insert. Then switch the query to ...

CRM4 Status cascading on deactivate primary entity record
with CRM4, it will make sense if there is additional option (ie. a check box) to deactivate all related active activiates when deactivating a Primary entity record. For example: when converting a Lead records or deactivating a Contact record, there should be a tick box to opt if the user want to deactivate all related open activities, etc. BTW, if anyone has an existing work-around, please let me know. ...

A97 ComboBox Scroll Limit Is Last Selected Record
Hi Folks - this is weird - heard about others having refresh problems with a combo but never experienced this until now. Combo is on a subform: Rowsource is a table that has 600 plus records, and a ControlSource in my main table. The combo appears to work fine, allowing the selection of the data from the look-up table and adding it to the ControlSource column of the main table. The challenge is that after the first selection from the combo (say row 20 of the 600 record table) it appears to thereafter limit its drop down range to that first record - that is the combo will display only 2...

Help. Sumproduct Data Type Mismatch Erro
All this code works perfectly except when I try to add specifically the field mEntityCriteria with mEntityRange. I cannot get it to calculate correct, and now I'm getting an Error 13 Data Type Mismatch of this line of code in mformula. Can anyone spot something wrong??? Please help. Private Sub VBATEST_Click() Dim mTimeCriteria As String Dim mPositionCriteria As String Dim mEntityCriteria As String Dim mStatusCriteria As String Dim mBeginDateCriteria As Variant Dim mEndDateCriteria As Variant Dim mQuestion1Criteria As String Dim Kountifs As Long Dim mTimeRange As...

How do I change the significant digits in grapg's linr regression
Hello, Anyone know how to change (increase) the significant digits on the linear regression (display linear equation) for the scatter graph' best fit line?? thanks. DeN - Click to select the equation, and then (1) click the Increase Decimal button on the formatting toolbar or (2) choose Format | Selected Data Labels | Number | Number | Decimal places. - Mike http://www.mikemiddleton.com "DeN" <DeN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38BECFDD-1C48-4991-84F5-DFB7438A4ADF@microsoft.com... > Hello, Anyone know how to change (increase) the significant...

Adding Records with a Query?
I work for a small homeless shelter. I have a table called "Services" that contains records with a ServiceID, GuestID, ServiceDate, and ServiceType. The total number of records is the total number of services we have provided. Such as: ServiceID GuestID ServicesDate ServicesType 1875 4572 07/31/07 Men's Dorm 1876 9762 07/31/07 Dinner 1877 9762 07/31/07 Men's Dorm I want to find a way to go through and add a record for a "Dinner" service provided for each record where there is a "Men...

Importing external XML Data
I have data in the form of data tables stored in and being passed around in XML using WFC but being serailised as XML files. I would like to simply show this data via a Word template. Formatting the data into Word tables, this would very much a kin to using word as a reporting tool. I have looked at varoius examples but I can't find anything without droppping into code that can take an XML file , transform it into a word table. I prefer to find a way that user can modify the look and feel without having to resort to code. It would be great to use a custom control com...

How do I reference data from one worksheet to another using combob
How do I reference data from one worksheet to another worksheet cell with a combo box and then have the data relating to this appear in the nesxt cell in a combo box. ie.- Workssheet 2, cell D6 need to reference worksheet 1 cells C2 & C3 (Documents) then have cells A2 to A12 ( Document Issues) in worksheet 1 appear in cell E6 in Worksheet 2. Also I will have multiple cell references from worksheet 1 to worksheet 2 following this simular format into cell D & E6. Then it needs to put this information into individual rows on worksheet 2. ie- choose data for D6 then E6 and goto ...

On calendars why can't I see busy/free data and why can't I use OO
When trying to schedule a meeting for anyone in/on my network I can't see busy/free data because it specifies it cannot be retrieved. It only recently started this in the last few weeks. How can that be fixed? Also, this past week I noticed that I can no longer use the Out of Office Assistant. I get a message stating that 'Your out of office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.' As far as I can tell, the server is up and running. Thanks, Jason Version of Outlook and Exchange? Was either recently upgraded? Does everyo...