Show All Groups in 2007

I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not
available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show
All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the
navigation pane and activate all the time?  I prefer to see all my objects at
once.  Thanks for any help.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose:
    All Objects.

To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav
Pane, and choose:
    Category | Object Type

"Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's
> not
> available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always
> "Show
> All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the
> navigation pane and activate all the time?  I prefer to see all my objects
> at
> once.  Thanks for any help.

0
Allen
12/14/2007 12:13:11 AM
Thanks for the response -- let me rephrase a little -- unless I'm doing
something wrong, this seems to be something I have to do for every file I
open, it doesn't seem to be a permenant setting...I'd like every file I open
to automatically be set to show all objects.  Thanks again for any help.  _c

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose:
>     All Objects.
>
> To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav
> Pane, and choose:
>     Category | Object Type

> "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's
> > not
> > available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always
> > "Show
> > All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the
> > navigation pane and activate all the time?  I prefer to see all my objects
> > at
> > once.  Thanks for any help.

AFAIK, this has to be set for each database, but you can get Access to
programmatically set these settings for all your databases.

The code is here:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-69.html

You can even use Access 2003 to run the code if you need to. It sets several
properties for existing MDB files, so that the behavior is what you want for
all files. The article shows what to use for the constants at the top of the
code to get the behavior you want.

> Thanks for the response -- let me rephrase a little -- unless I'm doing
> something wrong, this seems to be something I have to do for every file I
> open, it doesn't seem to be a permenant setting...I'd like every file I
> open
> to automatically be set to show all objects.  Thanks again for any help.
> _c
>

> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose:
>>     All Objects.
>>
>> To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the
>> Nav
>> Pane, and choose:
>>     Category | Object Type
>>
>> "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe
>> > it's
>> > not
>> > available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always
>> > "Show
>> > All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the
>> > navigation pane and activate all the time?  I prefer to see all my
>> > objects
>> > at
>> > once.  Thanks for any help.

0
Allen
12/14/2007 8:21:06 AM
Thanks again Allen!  To me, this is another of those...why would you change
that?? kind of things...  _c

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> AFAIK, this has to be set for each database, but you can get Access to
> programmatically set these settings for all your databases.
>
> The code is here:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-69.html
>
> You can even use Access 2003 to run the code if you need to. It sets several
> properties for existing MDB files, so that the behavior is what you want for
> all files. The article shows what to use for the constants at the top of the
> code to get the behavior you want.

> "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the response -- let me rephrase a little -- unless I'm doing
> > something wrong, this seems to be something I have to do for every file I
> > open, it doesn't seem to be a permenant setting...I'd like every file I
> > open
> > to automatically be set to show all objects.  Thanks again for any help.
> > _c
> >

> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose:
> >>     All Objects.
> >>
> >> To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the
> >> Nav
> >> Pane, and choose:
> >>     Category | Object Type
> >>
> >> "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Windows 7 64 bit and Outlook 2007
I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with Outlook 2007 from my previous XP machine. All was stable on the previous machine with the Outlook program. Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed with the voice recognition. Unfortunately Outlook has problems. For some reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external drive and the normal import and export facility. In addition, possibly because there are messages going back to 2004 when I was probably still using outlook 2003 the archived files h...

Outlook 2007 Watermark for staionery 11-16-09
I would like to make my own watermark for stationery using a picture of my own - is this possible if so can I get directions to do it. You can simple set a watermarked picture as the background for that. Many photo editor applications have a watermark filter to create such images. For an example see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/285 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- &q...

Outlook 2007 getting strange
For some reason when I open up a contact and close it Outlook 2007 wants to save it! If I don't save it, the contact goes into the Draft folder. This behavior just started. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks Ron do you have any addins installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Ce...

Office SharePoint Server 2007, Office SharePoint Server Search
Hi Team, I am installing a fresh MOSS 2007 on three servers farm+ DB server. Installation went well I started Office SharePoint Search Index service on server A and I wanted to start Office SharePoint Server Search Query serice on server "B", i am getting this error. "An unhandled exception occurred in the user interface. Exception information:Unable to connect to remote server" This is a 64bit software I am using and the servers are all 64 bit. Can someone help me in this regard. -- Thanks in Advance Sandeep Thoppil HI Sandeep, Is this a b...

Disable changing the sort/grouping setting in inbox messages
Is there a way to disable a person from changing his sorting/grouping of messages in his inbox in Outlook 2003? We have a person that keeps sorting/grouping by sender, so he tends to only see the messages he wants to see. We want him keeping them sorted by received date/time so he sees all messages as they come in, as some are going unread for days that he needs to be seeing and doing something with. Anyway to force a sort order in messages, and disallow grouping, through a registry entry, or in some other way? Greg No. Unfortunately there are no technological solutions for this behavioral...

Conversation filter indents do not show up in Outlook 2007?
I created group by conversation filter in outlook 2007. However, responses to emails do not appear to show up indented as they did in Outlook 2003. Maybe I am missing some setting. Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

Count distinct days from two groups of days
Hello, Can anybody help please? I have used Networkdays() to count the working days between two dates. And have had to do this twice. So now have two counts that I will add together. But if the same particular date is in both count sets I dont want to count it twice? Hope this makes sense, Thanks in advance On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:51:01 -0800, Colin <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can anybody help please? > >I have used Networkdays() to count the working days between two dates. And >have had to do this twice. So now have...

Charting cells that have been grouped
When charting a large range of cells, which have been grouped in sets of 12 for convenience and easy review, the chart using this data is blank. If I ungroup the cells, the chart shows the data. Is there a way around this? Why can't a chart show the data even if the data is hidden? I don't know what you mean by "grouped" cells. Are you hiding cells? By default Excel doesn't display hidden data on a chart. To change this behavior: Select the chart, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart, and uncheck Plot Visible Cells Only. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Show range of cells in a userform
Hi, I would like to create a macro that shows a result in a userform (e.g. a userform with tabs) The result is a range of cells. How do I do this? The range has to be active in the userform, so that I can tic of some rows if necessary. Best regards, HmH It also may just be the whole sheet, not just a range of cells.... BR, HmH ...

Writing a letter to Contact in Word 2007
In Office 2003, I could open a Contact, click "Letter to Contact" and initialize Word. A document would open with all the Contact info auto-populated in the format of a business letter. I could then just fill in the letter copy from there. Is this possible in Office 2007 You need ot do it from word - either copy and paste the address from the card view in outlook or add the address book command to Words QAT and browse for the address. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2009/20091210.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.ne...

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
My office data became corrupt, went from blue to gray, I contacted support and learned I had to pay to resolve this issue. I uninstalled it, and when I went to reinstall it I get an error message. And it won't install. Can anyone out there help me? I'm an author I need help Thanks WSithout more detailed information, you make it difficult for us to help. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "The Author" <The Author@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90EEC801-8F5...

Chart template not saving title formats
Hi - I have a chart saved as a template and everything is formatted correctly when applied to a new chart, except the chart and axis titles. The category and value axis values maintain the formatting that was stored with the chart. It's just the titles for the chart, category axis and value axis that I have to always reformat. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi Tammy, chart templates will not save titles. Privacy was one of the concerns when considering that templates could be shared broadly without knowledge of what the template might contain. -- Thanks, Christopher This posting is p...

DPM 2007
Hello I am trying to enable secondary protection of my primary DPM server (Both Win 2008 R2). However when I go though the agent install process on the secondary DPM server I receive the following error. "Unable to connect to the active directory service database" "Make sure that the DPM server is member of a domain and that a domain controller is running. Also verify that there is network connectivity between the dpm server and the domain controller" "ID72" "Details the server is not operational (0x8007203A)" I have had problem...

How do I lock a group of cells in Excel?
I'm trying to lock down a group of cells so they won't be able to move. How do I do this? - Tools / Protection / Protect Sheet - Remember to unlock the cells that you want to be able to put input into. - Format / Cells / Protection - uncheck the 'Locked' checkbox HTH, Gary Brown "Ben Nesbitt" wrote: > I'm trying to lock down a group of cells so they won't be able to move. How > do I do this? ...

Word 2003 vs Word 2007 and XML
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the way Word 2003 worked as far as direct formatting goes vs. 2007 and the XML background. It is my understanding that if you used direct formatting in Word 2003 instead of using styles, it created problems with corruption because Word 2003 would put a a code before and after each and every character selected. For example, if someone had a document they received in Courier New that was 50 pages long and they selected the entire document and changed the font to Times New Roman (TNR), every character throughout the document would have a...

Office 2007 meeting workspace feature
I write to inquire about the meeting workspace feature in Office 2007. It is apparently designed to work with SharePoint which would be overkill in my case. Looking for alternative solutions so that I can host meetings with up to four others. Ideally, I would want to have real-time voice, a way for attendees to make comments through IM, usage of powerpoint, and the ability for attendees to download pertinent documents. Guidance sought -- PhilPense ...

only one page of website shows
Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when i do File, Web Page Preview. Same thing when i actually publish to the web, just see the first page and no indication that there are even multiple pages. I tried saving as Single File Web Page and also Web Page but didn't make a difference. It does say Web Publication at the top of the Publisher screen. this happens even for the 3 page wizard-created website. Help!!! Thanks!!! david wrote: > Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when > i do File, Web Page Preview. Sam...

Can I put an automatic footer showing a file path?
Hi - can anyone help? We are supposed to use footers at work showing the file path where our spreadsheets are stored - in Word this is easy as there is a link but Excel 2000 seems not to have the facility. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks in anticipation! Sandra In the footer type in "&[Path]&[File]". "1Sandra2" wrote: > Hi - can anyone help? We are supposed to use footers at work showing the > file path where our spreadsheets are stored - in Word this is easy as there > is a link but Excel 2000 seems not to have the facility. Is there an...

Word 2007 speech recognition
When using speech recognition, when I say ( didn' t or I' m) , there is always a second space after apostrophe Word 2007 ...

Excel 2007 #6
Hi everyone, I ned soem help, I had to change my regional settings to accomodate a legacy app on Vista. Now, when I double click CSV files it does not do the text-to-columns auto-magically. Any ideas on how to switch that back on without changing my regional settings? Thanks Ivor ...

Status Bar disappears in Excel 2007
I get this problem repeatedly and it's very, very annoying. The Status Bar keeps disappearing in Excel and the only solution seems to be to close and keep reopening the application. This is very annoying as I'm using an add-in that takes about 30 seconds to load. I tried to Google this, but seems like no one's reported a similar problem before. Can someone tell me where I can access the Status Bar settings from the ribbon or some other place in Excel 2007? Thanks, Schiz Hi, We have been trying to do that since 2007 came out, the only way seems to be through code. Che...

MS Publisher 2007 Exports
I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF. If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has anyone else witnessed this? mark@alliedtechnical.net wrote: > I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF. > If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has > anyone else witnessed this? a) Are you using many colours in your publication (or any photos)? b) What resolution do you have selected when you save? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Outlook 2007: View in Browser not working
I am running Office 2007 Professional on WinXP Home SP2. After double clicking on an email in my inbox, I click on "Other Actions" | "View In Browser". But nothing happens. I am running IE7.0. I've tried it with IE already started and without it already started with no difference. I am trying to do the "View in Browser" so I can use the browser's selective printing capabilities to not print an entire email and just print the parts I need. Is IE your default browser? Have you run Detect and Repair? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

Auto Send Email from Excel 2007 No Error when Outlook 2007 is full
I have a macro that automatically sends email from excel 2007 through outlook 2007. The problem is that if the user's outlook inbox is at the size limit it will not send the email. When we were on Office 2003 my error handler worked to let the user know that the email wasn't sent, but now on office 2007 it just doesn't send and doesn't let the user know that the email did not go. The code also would recognize an error if the email address was invalid in 2003, but that does not work in 2007 either: just the email is not sent. My code is below (most of it was from Ron de Brui...

Backing up Exchange 2003 SP2 with DPM 2007 on Windows server 2008
In order to be able to back up a Exchange 2003 SP2 server I need to install Exhange 2007 Management Tools on the DPM 2007 server. The DPM server is running on Windows Server 2008 (64bit). From Ms articles: “The eseutil.exe and ese.dll versions that are installed on the most recent edition of Exchange Server must be the same versions that are installed on the DPM server. If you installed DPM 2007 on a Windows Server 2008 operating system, and you are Protecting Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 computer, you must install the Exchange Server 2007 version of the eseut...