Show All Groups in 2007

I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not
available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show
All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the
navigation pane and activate all the time?  I prefer to see all my objects at
once.  Thanks for any help.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose:
    All Objects.

To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav
Pane, and choose:
    Category | Object Type

"Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's
> not
> available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always
> "Show
> All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the
> navigation pane and activate all the time?  I prefer to see all my objects
> at
> once.  Thanks for any help.

0
Allen
12/14/2007 12:13:11 AM
Thanks for the response -- let me rephrase a little -- unless I'm doing
something wrong, this seems to be something I have to do for every file I
open, it doesn't seem to be a permenant setting...I'd like every file I open
to automatically be set to show all objects.  Thanks again for any help.  _c

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose:
>     All Objects.
>
> To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav
> Pane, and choose:
>     Category | Object Type

> "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's
> > not
> > available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always
> > "Show
> > All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the
> > navigation pane and activate all the time?  I prefer to see all my objects
> > at
> > once.  Thanks for any help.

AFAIK, this has to be set for each database, but you can get Access to
programmatically set these settings for all your databases.

The code is here:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-69.html

You can even use Access 2003 to run the code if you need to. It sets several
properties for existing MDB files, so that the behavior is what you want for
all files. The article shows what to use for the constants at the top of the
code to get the behavior you want.

> Thanks for the response -- let me rephrase a little -- unless I'm doing
> something wrong, this seems to be something I have to do for every file I
> open, it doesn't seem to be a permenant setting...I'd like every file I
> open
> to automatically be set to show all objects.  Thanks again for any help.
> _c
>

> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose:
>>     All Objects.
>>
>> To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the
>> Nav
>> Pane, and choose:
>>     Category | Object Type
>>
>> "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe
>> > it's
>> > not
>> > available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always
>> > "Show
>> > All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the
>> > navigation pane and activate all the time?  I prefer to see all my
>> > objects
>> > at
>> > once.  Thanks for any help.

0
Allen
12/14/2007 8:21:06 AM
Thanks again Allen!  To me, this is another of those...why would you change
that?? kind of things...  _c

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> AFAIK, this has to be set for each database, but you can get Access to
> programmatically set these settings for all your databases.
>
> The code is here:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-69.html
>
> You can even use Access 2003 to run the code if you need to. It sets several
> properties for existing MDB files, so that the behavior is what you want for
> all files. The article shows what to use for the constants at the top of the
> code to get the behavior you want.

> "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the response -- let me rephrase a little -- unless I'm doing
> > something wrong, this seems to be something I have to do for every file I
> > open, it doesn't seem to be a permenant setting...I'd like every file I
> > open
> > to automatically be set to show all objects.  Thanks again for any help.
> > _c
> >

> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose:
> >>     All Objects.
> >>
> >> To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the
> >> Nav
> >> Pane, and choose:
> >>     Category | Object Type
> >>
> >> "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Showing Specific Data from Master Sheet to Another Sheet
I am making a bill of materials at work and have a master list I want to access from other sheets. The master list has all parts named and categorized, and I want to be able to access sections (Hydraulics, Chassis, Electrical, etc.) of the master from other sheets. I have tried pivottables but I am having issues showing the data in it original form: Part Name Quantity Material Expense Category etc. (accross the row) I wish to be able to make calculations only off the selected data on each sheet but I am having immense problems getting there. If you can help. Parker Jo...

Activities don't show up until we hit the refresh button
Hello all, We upgraded from 3 to 4 and it appears that the upgrade did not complete successfuly, but the users used the system. Everything appears to be working well except for a couple of strange things like when we create an activity the activity does not appear until we hit the Refresh button, going to history and coming back does not fix the issue, only the refresh button any quick fix on this one? thanks ...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

SBS 2008 Fax Sent Items Not showing all faxes sent
Hello, I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP and Windows 7 64bit client machines. Currently they can only see their sent faxes. In SBS 2003 they were able to see all sent faxes. Any suggestions? Could you create an Outlook rule based on the fax sent acknowledgement that copied the fax to a public folder? "RodSoh" <RodSoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4541A0E-18C2-4A83-A13D-8E7D045C29E8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP...

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

Outlook 2007 256 Color Mode
Just returned home from a business trip, opened up my Outlook 2007 and it was UGLY! Looks like its running on 256 color mode or something. Running on Microsoft Vista / Office 2007 / Dell GX620 pc. It was working before I left. Not sure what cause or solution is. Tried doing a Office Repair...no affect. HELP! If you have a solution, please e-mail me at mcsims@gmail.com as I may loose this site location. Thanks...Michael Is it ONLY Outlook that looks that way? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com <mcsims@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

I can't run My outlook 2007 as its capacity is exceeded. How can .
My outlook 2007 has exceeded is maximum capacity two days ago and since then I can't run it since I am always getting a system comment saying that I need to empty folders to have it back - which I did inquite a large number os them. Now I would like to know how can I overcome this situation since, as I said, I have emptied quite a lot of folders and no result was obtainesd so far. Kindly help me with your advices. the soonest if possible Thanks Graça Maria Portugal There is no such thing as Maximum Capacity in outlook. How many emails a day do you receive? ...

How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to. We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details. Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see Tasks. If in the Task Folder, what View are you in? If in Tasks folder you probably need to turn on in-line editing. Regards Judy Gle...

Category Group
How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined category groups? In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined >category groups? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. Plus it was not desirable to post twice. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74a201c3e76e$8c5a8ff0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined > category groups? I asked a question about Category Groups not too long ago. Here was Dick Watson...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

How do I send newslette in email without showing the publisher too
When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, it takes you to the publisher program page where I built it. How can I send a "finished" newsletter out? As a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lifefire" <Lifefire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E8B0FB-B033-4393-8F27-DFAAA6DD37A5@microsoft.com... > When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, > it > takes you to the publisher program page w...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Excel 2007. How do I get un-installed add-ins off the toolbar?
I have 2 Large Icons on the ribbon/toolbar of Excel 2007. These are Omnipage and s-force. Both of these have been uninstalled and I have de-activated both add-ins. How do I get these off the toolbar forever? thanks ...

Balances don't show when reconciling
I just upgraded to Money 2004 and the totals dollar value of debits and credits cleared no longer shows. Instead, this line shows: "The difference between your statement and register is:" along with the difference. I want to know the dollar value of debits and credits I have cleared so far and compare that with the bank statement. Somebody at Microsoft thought this was an "improvement" compared to the way they presented the data in M03 and earlier. It's probably something that came out of the usability lab after they took their great grandmother in to see if ...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

Some contacts don't show on drop down box when addressing email
I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003. The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the new computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook Express. I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook 2003. Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group list of my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution list. When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not s...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...

New Exchange Routing Group in child domain / site
I have just finished installing a child domain (leaf node) and installing a exchange server for that new domain. First problem I had was that when my email was coming in via the main domain it was sending some of the public folder emails over to the sub domain (witch I had not configured for public folders) So I placed each domain in its own routing group, created a routing connect (both ways) pointing at each other as well as SMTP Connectors with * and cost of 1 (all default settings in each location / routing group. These server will be split via a T1 and both will receive email (ma...

Signatures not showing up in email
I have signtures setup and selected in Outlook 2003 and format set to HTML yet they don't show up on the email when I select new. Any ideas on what I'm missing? Are you using Word as the editor? If yes, you must define a signature in Word and then your other signatures will be available via the right click context menu. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: KMW <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I have signtures setup and selected in Outlook 2003 an...

Fractions showing up as decimals
I have a spreadsheet with columns of fractions, but when you select a cell the function bar shows a decimal instead and when you save as text file it saves as decimal instead of fraction. Could someone please tell me how to make it show as a fraction in the function bar? I have tried formatting the cell as fraction and it does not work that way Dani Dani Formatting a number as a fraction like 1/2 or 1/5 is strictly for appearance on the sheet. The underlying value is still .5 or .2 The formula bar shows that number and when you save as text file, that is the number that gets saved, n...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

VBA Help in Access 2007
When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file. For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find information? I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read, process, summarize). Thanks Terryomsn =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04199121-0746-4A15-B201-03F13827D29C@microso...