Shortcut keys won't work on menu bar on specific form?

Hello,

I have an unusual issue that I can't seem to resolve.  I have a menu bar
that has short cut keys assigned to teh menu groups (&File, &Administration,
&Maintenance).  The shortcut keys work fine in the database window, but when
i open up one form, they don't work at all.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Rick

0
Rico
11/6/2007 6:25:38 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hello Rick.

Rick wrote:
> I have an unusual issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have a
> menu bar that has short cut keys assigned to teh menu groups
> (&File, &Administration, &Maintenance). The shortcut keys work
> fine in the database window, but when i open up one form, they
> don't work at all. Any ideas?

Probably the form is a "bound" form which means that the user is
bound to that form until it is closed (or made invisible). If you
want the user to access the menu bar while the form is loaded, it
must not be a bound form.

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

0
Wolfgang

Awesome list of Excel/Word/Powerpoint shortcuts!
Hi, everybody! I recently discovered a great keyboard shortcut list for the office applications. It seems to have practically every shortcut imaginable and it fits on one page too! I printed it out and put on the wall next to my monitor -- just great!. Thought you would appreciate it... Here's the link to the PDF file. Hit print and you're ready to go. http://www.prihodko.com/msoffice/Office_2003_Shortcuts.pdf Lindy Hi Lindy, For Excel, I like Chip Pearson's Excel Keyboard Shortcuts page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm There is also a d...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

Some good work
Hi Everybody I just able to create lookup field. And with this I can enble to show the lookup field of the same entity in the same form. So I think I got a way to get around the one-to-one and many-to-many relationship. Is not it good? Anyone need any help, let me know. Thanks and Regards -- Jaber ...

create bar in timeline like a Gantt
I would really appreciate your help. I have a weird one! I have built a horizontal time line at the top of an Excel sheet. VBA code collects the start and end dates of a date range. How can I build a bar on the row below the time line, like in a Gantt chart? I would also like to put a name within the bar. Collecting the start and end dates, navigating to the timeline sheet and the row below the time line is OK, but I can’t find the code for creating the bar. Knowing the start and end dates I guess I could relate them to the spreadsheet columns, but how do I connect them wi...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

Rule not working
Background: I have a user with two email addresses. His primary address is "joe@domain.com" and he has a second address called "info@domain.com". We are running SBS2003 with Exchange and the user is using Office 11. Goal: He wants all mail that is sent to the info@domain.com address to be forwarded to another user in the same domain. Problem: Sounds easy enough, right? When the Exchange server receives a piece of mail to info@domain.com, it renames the recipient to joe@domain.com thus causing our rule not run. Obviously we can't forward all mail to the o...

Change opening postion /Form
From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to open higher on my Main Form, Thanks for any Help.....Bob On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:13:29 +1200, Bob V wrote: > From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main > Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to > open higher on my Main Form, > Thanks for any Help.....Bob Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help. DoCmd.MoveSize 2 *1440, 3 * 1440 will position a form 2 inch...

Email to Quote not working...
Here are the steps we have taken to make email - to - queue work, yet is has not: 1) created a new user in AD which will be the public email for our users, namely: AALSupport@CRM.local 2) Ensured an email box was created for this new acct. 3) Created a 3rd Acct which will be the forwarded to acct: CRMMBX@CRM.local 4) Configured properties to include the mailbox rights for SELF were a) Read b) Full Mailbox Access c) Associated Ext. Acct. 5) Added the two new users to the CRM. 6) Ran the Rule Deployment Wizard and typed in "CRMMBX@CRM.local" in the box. ...

Newbie: can't get a calculated value on the form?
I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I put a text box on the form from the query result field, but I get a "#Name" error instead of the result. When I run the query, I get the correct result. Help, please? Ed "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofwhat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d1e7d27c-11d9-4696-8d19-4c5fdd9dbb89@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have > a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I p...

AutomaticScale doesn't work properly
Hi all a question a fellow employee has asked me earlyer: I have two identic formatted tables, with each 2 columns 1. Column contains each Month of the last 3 years 2. Column contains Data, normal numbers without link or whatever first table ranges from 98.8 to 109.3 second table from 100 to 136 Now i'm going to do two chart from those two tables: first table changes into a chart where the minimum is automatically set to 92, second table however has a minimum of 0!?? even when i change some of the numbers it stays like that! What points does excel take into consideration for calculating ...

Updateing data when closing forms
I am using MS Access 2000 I have a table that has several required fields. I developed a form to add records to the table. In addition to the table fields, the form has a form-close button constructed with the button wizard. When I enter a record that does not have the required information and close the form with the “Close Window” (X) button on the tool bar, the appropriate error message appears telling me that there is missing data. (Just what I want) When I use the close button on the form, the form closes with no message and without adding the record. How do I give the button on the f...

My input form isn't empty?
I have a form with two subforms. All three forms have the Data Entry property set to Yes. The main form only has one control called txtmonth and the two subforms are linked to the main form on this control. However when I input a value to the control on the main form the subforms are populated with data from their related tables. Why aren't my subforms empty for me to add new data? Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-for...

Multiple IF statement not working
I have numbers in cells b2, d2,e2, and f2. I am trying to write statment that will increment number in cell b2 by one for each cell (d2, e2, f2) that is greater than or equal to one. The following formula will not work if more than one cell (d2, e2, f2) has a zero in it: =IF(AND(D2>=1,E2>=1,F2>=1),B2+3,IF(OR(D2=0,E2=0,F2=0),B2+2,IF(AND (D2=0,E2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(D2=0,F2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(E2=0,F2=0),B2+1,))))) Does anyone know why? Try this =B2+COUNTIF(D2:F2,">=1") -- Wag more, bark less "Anthony" wrote: > I have numbers in cells b2, d...

Grayed out Close button on Title bar
Help, The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. TIA, Elena Do you use Groupwise? "Elena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13fe01c48c38$31b26a90$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Help, : The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this : problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. : Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. : : TIA, : Elena just to add to lady layla's response: xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise ...

VBA code to hide all the tables on form open
I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually hide them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and import from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily basis. I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after importation action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in macro? If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks. Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them into a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the datab...

Quotation mark key produces << instead of " in Word doc from PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am updating a document that was created in Word on a PC several years ago. When I viewed it all the ' had become =. I found out in the forum how to fix that. But more important, I do not seem to be able to type a quotation mark. When I hit Shift &quot;, I get a symbol that looks like a doubled >. The symbol doesn't even exist on my keyboard. I suspect that I can go to Insert, Symbols, and get the proper &quot;, but this is a syllabus for a class that I teach year after year, updating t...

Folder Context menu in Outlook
Hello, I have develop an Outlook COM Add-in with C#. This add-in use the Outlook Object Model and add a new menu in the Folder Context Menu command bar. The problem is when the current folder is for example "Inbox", and I click right on another folder, for example "MyFolder", I'm not able to retrieve the MAPIFolder of "MyFolder". Anybody have an idea? Thank you NotAMail ...

Passing Values from One Form to Another Including a Combo Box
Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to another by way of a command button. I have spent a week on various code taken from this site, but still no luck. Please ... someone help!! The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. On this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91. The command button is called Command119. The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits- Form. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter. Maurita ...

automatic calculate at specific month
Hi, Can anyone help me to make a formula which can automatically calculate a retire fund: a staff join company on April 20, 2010, salary $15,000, I need to calculate his retire fund on the third month, which is June 30. So on June 30, the total retire fund on June 30 that company needs to pay should be: 275+750+750 April: 15,000/30*11days*5%=275 May: 15000*5%=750 Jun: 15000*5%=750 but July 31 onward, it will back to normal salary * 5% assume that the salary paid in April - July is in cell A1, B1,C1, D1, and retire fund for each month is in cell A2, B2, C2, D2. thanks a lo...

Importing to a contact subfolder with that has a custom form
I am using a custom form for a subfolder under contacts. When I use the import wizard to import a comma deliniated DOS file the resulting records are in the default contact form rather than the custom form. When I manually add a contact it correctly chooses the custom form. Any help will be welcomed! You can re-apply the form to the items that don't have it - methods depend on your version of Outlook. Bob White wrote: > I am using a custom form for a subfolder under contacts. > When I use the import wizard to import a comma deliniated > DOS file the resulting records are i...

POP3 and SSL not working 8(
Hi My pop3 ssl connection to exchange 5.5 mailboxes isnt working. The exchange server is NT4. I created an OpenSSL certificate and followed the MS guide to installing SSL certificates: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;175439 In Exchange administrator the pop3 protocoal is enabled for the site and the server, with 'Basic (Clear Text) using SSL' and 'Windows NT Challenge/Repsonse using SSL' ticked. The IIS key manager shows a key under POP3, the properties of this key shows it is not out of date, and is 'complete and usable' Do I have to do an...

Scheduled Active Directory Synchronization doesn't work
We have some troubles with scheduled AD synchronization with MOPS 2007. This error was appeared without visible reason. We have the following error in Application log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Office SharePoint Server Event Category: Project Server Active Directory Synchronization Event ID: 7715 Date: 22.01.2010 Time: 7:15:01 User: N/A Computer: SHHARA Description: Standard Information: PSI Entry Point: Project User: DOMAIN\runsql1service Correlation Id: d5ddd59b-b0d7-40a5-bb1c-7839c26608ea PWA Site URL: https://sh1.xxx.com/PWA SSP Name: SharedServices1 PSError...

Please! The product release page filters are not working!!
After changing selection criteria, the result list does not honor those criteria. I select Great Plains New Releases for v8.0 and end up with all kinds of irrelevant items in the list. This is very frustrating! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Tabular Form
Hi, I am looking to create form programatically where the label (attached control) should be in header section and the text box (parent control) should be in detail section. I believe it is tabular form that I am looking to create programmatically. Help appreciated. ...

Printing Custom Forms and Exporting Custom Fields
I want to design a custom form and place it in the Public Folder for use by multiple users. Two problems: 1) unable to print custom forms 2) understand that data from custom fields cannot be exported into another application I need to export the data for management reports. Any suggestions? I am not a programmer, but have had some success working with VBA in Excel. Info on the microsoft sites appears stale. We have Outlook 2002 and Microsoft XP operating system. Thank you very much. ...