set report field forecolour based upon corresponding id entry in a 2nd report

hi, just joined..beginner i'm afraid..
if i have just read 'access help' properly it appears i should use condtional
formatting to change a field colour in one report provided the 2nd report is
open...can you advise the neccessary code format to use to refer to a 2nd
report please as i'm not a programmer..hope this isn't too janet & john!..
thanx in advance, mike

0
MikeButler
8/13/2007 2:42:32 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Using Publisher for long reports
Hi. I write long reports (50 pages) in which layout and style are very important. I'm thinking of switching from Word to Publisher since Word's management of pictures and layout drives me wild. Can anyone advise me if Publisher might be the right choice? Does anyone have some long document templates they could show me? -- Giles It sounds like Publisher would be perfect for you since you indication that the layout is important. I can't help with a sample tho because (1) the longest I've done is about 24 pages and (2) my newsletters contain personal contact information and...

Export to Text Files Based on Field Value
I have an Access table with personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date, etc.) for thousands of people. The table is sorted by state. I want to be able to run a macro on that table that will create separate pipe delimited text files for each state with all fields included. Any help would be appreciated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201005/1 Instead of exporting the table, export a query based on the table. You will have to have some code that loops through the states and modifies the quer...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Count Based on Comparison with Two Fields
I recently learned that I can count the number of items in one column that match items in another column by using: =COUNT(MATCH( 'Sheet1'!G2:G15001, 'Sheet2'!A2:A15, 0)) However, I now need to count records on one sheet in which TWO fields match items in both of two separate columns (i.e., a comparison of two columns to two columns and a count of records in the first that have fields matching elements in the second) . My attempt to use the above statement with an AND failed. Can someone explain how to do this? Hi I would suggest that you post a before a...

Account name not mapped with security id
Hi, After installing CRM, i have noticed in the event viewer on the server that CRM generates an errorin the form of something like Error: Account names not mapped with domain users security IDs. How do i solve this? ...

Auto Populate a form field
I have two tables with 1:1 relationship. Both have same key field (SS Number). There are two forms, one for each table. When I open Form A there is a button to open Form B. When Form B opens, I want SS Number field to equal the SS Number on the current record in Form A. How do I do this? Thank you in advance. Well, IMO the easiest way would be to make Form B a subform of A, and linking via the common key. Or you could make Form A a tabbed form, and A would be the first tab and B would be the second. Just a couple of random thoughts... "A Bit Frustrated&quo...

Changing text based on criteria in an access report
Hello, I've got a textbox in a report, some records of which may contain text within { }. I need to find some way to format only that text (which may be in the middle of a string) so that it appears underlined and so that the brackets disappear. To illustrate, I posted a 5KB graphic here: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3523/jexamplemb2.png Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance! Mitch Access 2007 can format the text for you, using standard HTML for the underlining. Use the Replace() function to swap the braces for the HTML tags. Earlier versions of Ac...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

Setting up mailbox Resources
We are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Our users mailboxes were setup via active directory. We want to set up our mailbox resources so that: - Conference Rooms, Projectors, Laptops etc can be booked using the meeting resources selection. - resource mailboxes automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations - The Free/busy options are viewable by users. Currently we have not been able to find any information that indicates how this is to be done. From Outlook web we can clearly see that a resource option exits. Any help would be appreciated here Thanks See here: http...

Can I calculate a field with 2 different filter criteria in one q
Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics fields, I'd like to sum metric "a" based on customer name being like "abc" and another sum of metric "a" where the customer name is NOT LIKE "abc" in one query, but I can't seem to figure this out, but, I'm a novice at this. Best I can figure is 2 different queries, then a 3rd query to bring the two together. Thanks -- Jim jimd wrote: >Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics >fields, I'd like to sum metric &...

Saving Attachments Default Setting
Whenever I save attachments to emails in Outlook Express it always defaults to My Documents File. This is very tiresome as this is not the file I want to use. Everytime I save attachements I have to browse for the correct file. I am sure it used to remember the file you last used and default to that but since I installed an update a couple of months ago it just goes back to My Documents. Help! ...

Posting to Public Folder-VIEW--the FROM field
When I post to a public folder, and click VIEW--the FROM field is grayed out. This worked in Outlook 2000. Are there any work-arounds? ...

Grabbing Info from a TextBox on a Report
We want to add a TextBox to a report that is viewed online. The data collected in this TextBox will be used to adjust the report filter. We want to allow our users to enter as much of a Customer Name as they want after they see the report with all Customers shown. We then want to use this info to change the Report Filter. We have never tried this before. For some reason, we cannot see the data in the TextBox in our VBA code. It appears that Access Reports behave differently than Access Forms as far as grabbing data from TextBoxes. We must be missing something. Does a...

Publisher Data Base
Is there any way to convert an existing excel address list to a Publisher data base for mail merge? Since there are close to 1000 entries I do not want to manually add each one. You don't have to convert anything. Use the Excel list for the mail merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Richard Las Vegas" <Richard Las Vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:909EDBF8-26DC-4661-B36C-1D3FE52CB66E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to convert an existing excel address list to a Publisher > data base for mail merge? Since there are close t...

NEed report of income and expenses broken down
I'm using Microsoft Money 2006 and I entered all of my checking account transactions for last year and categorized everything. Now I need a report of the income and of the expenses broken down by category, with the transactions listed. If I go to reports, all I can get is a pie chart or bar chart. I need a printed report with numbers to give to the accountant tomorrow. I was able to export a report to a spreadsheet, but all it did was show the total expenses in each category. What I need is a report showing the categories for income and for expenses, list the transactions in each ca...

MaximizeRestoredForm for Reports
I took the procedure from http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0022.htm and changed it to use for reports. I tried calling it from the open event and the activate event and in both cases it places the report in the upper left corner, but it doesn't size it. But if I put code on a button to open the report and then call this procedure it works as expected. Why won't it work from within the report? Jennifer ...

outlook settings #3
I have three email accounts (myself, my wife, and daughter) whenever an email comes in regardless of the name it was sent to, all three accounts recieve the email. My internet provider has checked all there stuff and tell me it is an issue with the software. I have no idea how to reconfigure my outlook program to eliminate this problem. ...

set value in subform
I want to use the set value macro to set a control in a subform based on a control in another form. I have three forms: FormA, FormB, FormC. FormC is a subform within FormB. What I want is to be able to enter a value in FormA and then have FormC automatically updated. Currently, if I open FormA and FormC I am able to use the SetValue macro to do this. However, if I open FormA and FormB (recall that FormC is a subform within FormB) and try to run the macro, Access gives me an error. I'm assuming that it is because Access does not think FormC is open (even though it is op...

crystal report is blank
i have 3 machines I run Store Ops Manager 2.0 on. 2 of the machines I can run my crystal reports just fine but on the other machine my crustal reports generate but the data is always zero. any ideas? I'm sure it's something simple. thanks! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009A_01CA985D.46025960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sammy, Where is the machine pointing to for its Crystal reports, the server or = the local machine in SO Admin | File | Configuration | Pat...

Counter to get total number of lines in a Modified Report
Dear All, Unlike other modified report, the cheque printout do not have field that have Line Item Sequence number, so I unable to find out the total number of lines in a cheque printing. FYI, the cheque printing (3 Per Page/No Stub) output to printer and also output to a text file (Comma delimited) and this text file must have a field (counter) that indicate the total of number of lines printed. Or at least, can you please advise me on which fields that indicate total numbers of cheque printed? with this field contain I can compute the total lines printed. May be I can use ...

Why broken column-lines on my report?
Could someone please help me tidy up my report? I've modified it and now all the virtical lines are broken at the top where it should intersect the horizontal line to form a cell. That's happened on all of them even though I've only changed a couple of columns. I need to even up the columns sizes as well but the broken lines are bothering me the most. ...

Journal Entries #2
I am using outlook XP. Does anyone know of a way that I can get journal to record all email messages to all contacts rather than selecting them individually? Any help much appreciated. ...

[object error] when trying to print prima crystal report
Hi all, When I try to print from a report, a messagebox with "[object error]" appears... Any ideas... ...

Re-set a date to the first of the month
Hello, I need to re-set whatever date is entered in a cell to the first of that month. For example if someone enters 9/11/2008, I need it to be re-set to 9/1/2008. Is this possible, and if so, can you please tell me how to do it?? thanks in advance! You could use a formula in another cell: =date(year(a1),month(a1),1) or =a1-day(a1)+1 Then copy|paste special|values over the original range (a column???) OS wrote: > > Hello, > > I need to re-set whatever date is entered in a cell to the first of > that month. For example if someone enters 9/11/2008, I need it to be > re...

Reports 02-14-07
Hi guys, I've just installed CRm on Server 2003 and SQL 2005 when I click on the reports section I get this error "Reports.config has an invalid schema name and could not be loaded" can anyone help please I can access the reports fine from <servername>/Reports and they run fine "Will" wrote: > Hi guys, > > I've just installed CRm on Server 2003 and SQL 2005 when I click on the > reports section I get this error "Reports.config has an invalid schema name > and could not be loaded" can anyone help please This happens because I ...