set report field forecolour based upon corresponding id entry in a 2nd report

hi, just joined..beginner i'm afraid..
if i have just read 'access help' properly it appears i should use condtional
formatting to change a field colour in one report provided the 2nd report is
open...can you advise the neccessary code format to use to refer to a 2nd
report please as i'm not a programmer..hope this isn't too janet & john!..
thanx in advance, mike

0
MikeButler
8/13/2007 2:42:32 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Pivot Table not pulling all fields or data
Hi All........ Without getting too verbose, I have a 900 row by 26 column database I am applying a Pivot Table to. The code seems to run fine, but it is not returning some of the fields, and of course the related data. I have tried reformatting the entire columns I am pulling from but no joy......however, when I reformat an errant cell from General to TEXT, that row comes in........and/or, if I change the value in one of the missing cells, it will bring that row in. The code runs fine, and was mostly derived by recording a macro in XL2k, but the data cannot be trusted becau...

Short Crystal Reports Question
Hi all, How do I display a running total in a subreport in the parent report in Crystal Reports for CRM 1.2? Thanks all Tom You need to do code to do this. You can declare what are in effect global variables in the main report and track the running total in those variables. Becuase they are global the sub report should be able to access them as well. you may also be able to pass the contents of the running total variable directly into the sub report as a parameter as well This book may help you get started. Its the only book I have used for crystal in crm http://www.amazon.com/gp/p...

Salesperson reports.
Hello. Is there any way to find any reports for salespersons? (not standart one) For example I need: Quotes for last week, Orders for last week, Invoices for last week. Invoices for last year and so on? Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks. Vitali How about SmartList? "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message news:u%23HBC8yyEHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... Hello. Is there any way to find any reports for salespersons? (not standart one) For example I need: Quotes for last week, Orders for last week, Invoices for last week. Invoices for last year and so on...

Click on Project number to generate report
I have a report "rptProjects" that I want run and filtered to show the details of just one project based on the project number clicked on in a summary form (continous form). The target report is linked directly to the data table and contains subreports linked to their respective data tables. I can get the Projects form to open to the specific record fine using the DoCmd.Openform, but DoCmd.Openreport does not work. I have placed the projects' PKeys on both the summary form and within the report and am using these in my code e.g REPORTID = Me!ReportID. Can anyone help wit...

The Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for: Thursday (October 22, 2009)
NSE India : S&P CNX Nifty The Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for: Thursday (October 22, 2009) (Based on the activity of the previous trading day) By Dominic Rebello Review of the Previous day: The Nifty fell substantially on Wednesday (October 21, 2009) a net 50.85 points (0.99%) and closed at 5063 point level. The market opened down then turned up and continued so until 09:58 a.m. when it reached its day high at 5117 points. It then fell and turned into a range bound movement until closing near the day low. The market moved in a range of 66 points. Heavy selling was witnes...

better reporting system?
HI this is a very gereric question. I am working on excel for last couple of months. I am automating reports for my finance user. THe process being followed doesnt seem intelligent to me. I want to take experts opinion ... I will expalin the whole senario. The data I am using comes from IT department to our department. The data originally stored is in oracle. AND to us it comes in excel format where some massaging is done with the data per requirement. Infact our departmetn also uses data from other departmetns say planning,etc. Finally the data comes from the IT deaprt only. Since...

restrict amount received in Sales Trx Entry window
I would like to suggest for a way to restrict users from entering amount higher than the actual amount of invoice in the Sales Transaction Entry window. This will restrict the Amount Received field in the Sales Transaction Entry. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the m...

drawing excel like grids on access reports
Hi All, I want to draw excel like grids on my access reports. The line should start from the top of each label in the page footer to the bottom of the corresponding text box in the page footer.(For each text box in the detail section, there's one unbound text box in the page footer to display totals). I don't know how to do this. can anyone please help me? -- from chanakya Baruva Can't you use rectangle or line controls in your various sections? These should work unless your sections are set to Can Grow. If this is the case, you may need to use the Line method ...

help me set up a Event Macros
i am looking to use more than 3 colors in my spreadsheet i can do the conditional formatting for 3 colors but need help to use 5 colors. I am new to this so please tell me how to do this thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use a worksheet_change event: rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select View code and paste this in the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myColor As Long If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("a:a")) I...

Book1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\Book1.xl -- mdalb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26311 The template should be named Book.xlt, not Book1.xlt. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "mdalby" <mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com... > >...

Mobile Express set-up problem
After the installation, when I try to add some entities to the mobile application I get the following error: <?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="DraftXmlLocation" value="C:\CrmMobileExpress\DraftXML.xml"/> <add key="PublishedXmlLocation" value="C:\CrmMobileExpress\PublishedXML.xml"/> <add key="Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.Mobile.CrmServiceSdk.CrmService" value="http://triton:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmService.asmx"/> <add key="Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.Mobil...

SNMP Object ID (oid)
We monitor the CPU Utilization of our Exchange Server to make sure it is not over 90% utilization. If it is; it is almost certain that store.exe is hanging and the server needs to be rebooted. We use the oid for Processor Activity - % percentProcessorTime which is 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.9.1.3.0. Does anyone know if there is an Oid for ExchangeIMC so we can track the amount of queues are in the Mail Connector? We use IPMonitor from mediahouse to page us if the thresholds are increased. Thanks for checking this out. ...

Projectwise Resource Engaged & Availability report
Hi, I am new to MSP & MSPWA. We generally use MSP & PWA to manage our projects. Now we require a report that shows status (Allocated and Available) of all active resources on a particular day or daywise. Is there any existing report for it or how can it be developed? Please help me out. Hi, a tip for your next question: to get answers for project server questions, it is better to ask in microsoft.public.project.server. There are several methods to see what you want to see. Depends if you want to have a graphical overview, on the number of your active resources, .... ...

File set up query.
Can i set up an excel file to open automatically on pc start up? The easiest is to use the Startup folder available in the Start Menu. To access it go to Start - Programs - Startup. You can delete or add tasks here according to your needs. They will start after Windows logon. When you start Excel, all the files that are located in the XLStart folder are automatically opened. Additionally, if you specified an alternative startup folder for Excel, every file in that folder is also automatically opened. To specify an alternative startup folder, in Microsoft Excel 2002 or Microsof...

Set color for chart serie in excel 2007/2010
Hi! I want to do a macro that sets the color for the chart series to the color the company has desided to use. We have a theme but we can only set color for the first 6 series and we often use much more series. I have understod that this isnt so easy as to loop thru the series and set the color since the color is set on different ways depending on the charttype for the serie, or is it a way to do this so it works for all chart types? thanks As you say only six basic colours are available. However each subsequent set of six is a shade lighter, although each incremental differe...

97: How can I find duplicate entries in a column?
Hello and thanks in advance for any help. This is a very basic question from an even more basic user. I have a spread sheet with a long list of ID numbers for skips. Sometimes duplicate numbers arise from paper work from elsewhere and I get a false total of skips in hand. How can I organise that column to highlight a duplicate entry please? Shen --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Insert a helper column: =COUNTIF(A1:A9999,A1) (adjust the range to suit.) then the formulas that evaluate to more than 1 will be duplicated. Chip Pearson has some other techniques at: http://ww...

Incorrect Field Names Appear in PivotTable Field Dialog Box
I have found that items deleted from my source, standard worksheet, are still appearing in the Pivot Table Drop down list. I have applied the sollution in MS202232 but it did not clearup the outdated data. I have refreashed the pivot table before and after runing the MACRO "Delete_Fields" Not sure what else can be done, I continue to search groups and MS. ******** This is the code for the MACRO based MS202232: Sub Delete_Fields() On Error Resume Next For Each pvtfield In Worksheets(PivotTables).PivotTables(PivotTable1).PivotFields For Each pvtitem In pvtfield.PivotItem...

How to 1. Jump to a specific page (in a massive document) based on a search then 2. Copy and paste an string of characters a few lines above it.
BACKGROUND/CONTEXT I am working from a very large word document, approximately 1000 pages long. Each page has one 'article' on it. I am currently doing something manually, which I would love to do using a macro. I am populating a table (which happens to be in an Excel spreadsheet) One column is the Article number 'xxxxx'. One of the other columns is a 'Topic' which is typically three alphanumeric characters (like AA1, AD4, BB4 DO6 etc.) PROBLEM/TASK This is what i have to do Step 1 - Jump to the page with the article number. Achieved by p...

Count invalid data entries
I am using the following macro to identify invalid data entries in cells with data validation applied. Sub CheckOrder() ' Application.CommandBars("Formula Auditing").Visible = True ActiveSheet.CircleInvalid Sheets("Configuration").CircleInvalid Sheets("Parts_TakeOff").CircleInvalid MsgBox ("Check for Red Circled Invalid Data Entries on" & Chr(10) & " Configuration and Parts_TakeOff Sheets") End Sub Is there a way to count the number of invalid data entries (red circles) and write the number to a particular ce...

Event ID 9313
MS ExchangeSA Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager on EXCH01 completed processing successfully. Recipient: user@xxxxxx.com Error: c1050000 I get the above error after mailbox maintenance runs. It used to send fine, but now it is not. What changed was this: we had to go to a dialtone DB, and then do a restore, and then flip the DB's back. After that, mailbox manager says it runs, but the reports fail with the above message. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks ...

How do I set up Auto complete for common words
I am new to outlook 2007. in outlook 2003 i had many words, such as regards, yours faithfully, etc that would auto complete when i started typing them. in 2007 i can not seem to get this working. Any help would be appreciated. Adam ...

Set Print Preview to always show color
It was easy enough to get Publisher 2003 to perform a print preview in black and white using Tools, Commercial Printing Tools. I want to set it back to print preview in color but it refuses to do so. I have jacked around with all of the radio buttons for Any Color, Single color, Process Colors, etc. but nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me out, please do so. -- Thanks Wes Newman How about the printer settings? Are they set to color? The Generic Color Postscript for Commercial Printing has a color choice in the preferences. Paper/Quality tab. Have you checked the printer pre...

inserting text form field in a text box
I'm designing a form that has several text boxes I want to be able to insert a text form field that I can type in different names in when needed, while keeping the rest of the text constant. Every time I go to insert form field from Legacy it is not available. Anybody have a solution. Your subject line has the missing clue. There is no way to insert a legacy form field (text or any other kind) in a text box, footnote, endnote, or header/footer. You can remove the text box and put the field into ordinary text, or you can use a text content control in a text box or elsewhe...

Contact to Address Relationship adding new Address fields
The Contact Entity has a number of field attributes attached to it from the Address table like Address1_city. With CRM 3.0 can I add a new field to the Address table and get it to link to the contact like Address1_City? If so how would I do that? I don't want to have to add a field to the contact table and then map it to the address table because that will mean having two copies of the same data and having them keep each other in synch in an onchange event, if I can. Can I do what I want or do I have to take the second approach? Mike You can do this in a completely unsupported w...

Want to hack the recently used file list max entries
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Would anyone care to offer a hack method to get the recently used file list to show more than 9 entries? No use telling me it can't be changed. I am asking for the &quot;Yes&quot; people to answer. OK, yes... The first thing you need to do is contact Microsoft & ask them for the source code. Seriously, there is no user option other than the setting provided in Preferences. If you want to see a longer list use the 'Recent' page of Project Gallery from the file menu. On its Customize page ...