Set Password Expiry period/date

How can I set a password expirry date
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In Access? You can't.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"stinhop" <stinhop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I set a password expirry date

0
Douglas
10/24/2007 11:27:35 PM
Thanks!

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> In Access? You can't.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "stinhop" <stinhop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I set a password expirry date

Formatting a date in client report
How do I format a date field in a client side Microsoft report (rdlc)? I'm using VS2008, 9.0.30729.1 sp Windows forms project. Unformatted, the dates in my report are displayed like this: 11/19/09 00:00:00 I want to display just the date, not the zeroes. If I enter an expression in the value property for the report textbox like this: =Format(Fields!StartDate.Value, "D") (as shown in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251668.aspx) the report will display "D" instead of the formatted date. The same thing happens with other format string...

date format conversion
I have a date of 1/5/2006, it needs to be 01/05/2006. I ma having a hard time getting hte leading 0's where needed. Appreciate any help! -- Buck That sounds like a matter of FORMAT. The date itself, as 'numerical' value sounds fine. You can force a format (to display a STRING that represents a date, but *is* a string, not a date_time value) with the use of Format function: ? Format( #1/2/3# , "mm\/dd\/yyyy") 01/02/2003 Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "buckpeace" <buckpeace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01C568...

Attached images
Sorry for reposting this one, but I think it might have gone unnoticed: Hi, Using Outlook 2003, there is the new resampling option for attached images. I really applaud that innovation, saves time and space when sending images that comes straight from the camera. Really good. However, I miss a 800x600 pixels option. Is it possible to have that one? 640x480 is almost too small these days and 800x600 could be just right for a small sample. I have not found any settings for this function, neither size nor compression. Are those settings just hard-coded? Regards, -- Lars Forslin "Doing ti...

where on Exchange 2000 do you set distribution size limit?
I have a client who wants to create a large distribution list. I know it's a setting on the Exchange server but where? thanks in advance! ...

How do I set up secondary axis on bar graph. What do I highlight?
I am having trouble adding a secondary axis to a bar graph. Can you help? What do I highlight? please walk me through this .thanks Hi, This explains how to display the secondary axes. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy inquiringmind73 wrote: > I am having trouble adding a secondary axis to a bar graph. Can you help? > What do I highlight? please walk me through this .thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Andy - You should note at the top of your page (tip008.htm) that you need a second series before you can have a secondary axis...

How can I do one-time printing without set page breaks?
I have a Excell document with set page breaks. Sometimes I sort differently and want to print that without the page breaks. How can I do that without having to remove my previous page breaks and then inserting them again? Thanks! hi, you can't. but you can record print macros for each way you wish to print including changing headers and footers. you can do each on macro record. this way you don't have to re-set everything back up. the print macro will do that for you. all you do is click macro run. just a suggestion. i use this technique. regards FSt1 "kewlblondboy&q...

Forecaster center level calc set override
My request is that a column be added in the center worksheet that allows one to enter an input set id so that a calc set override only applies to a specific input set. Currently, when overriding the calc set at a center level, the calc set gets overridden for all input sets. If I go to the input sheet, regardless of which input set I choose, I will always get the same calc set for a particular center. We have a client with over 100 centers. There was no way around overridding some of their center's calc sets. This worked ok in the initial budget year but, in the new budget year,...

Main Identity Password
I've been using OE for years under the main identity. I created a new identity and switched to it. When I tried to switch back to main, it asked for my password. Of course, it was set up so long ago I can't remember it. 'Main identity' is where all my saved emails are. What can I do? Can I reinstall OE and will it access those emails? Or am I screwed?? Any suggestions? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.i...

Date when I last change cell in a row?
Please, Help. In my database, every row represents a separate client. I wonder if it is possible to input the date when I last changed any value in a particular row. This way I will know when exactly I last updated the information for client in row 4, 5 etc. I don't need the date when the document was last saved. Please, let me know if it can be done in Excel. Thank you, Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Row = 5 Then Me.Range("H1").Value = Date ...

Setting up OMA in a frontend/backend environment
We have one standalone Exchange 2003 SP1 running Windows 2003 Standard Server SP1 (frontend) and we have a 2 node active/active Exchange 2003 SP1/Windows 2003 Enterprise Server. Can any give me information that would help me enable or setup OMA in a frontend/backend environment? Thank you, Eric Sabo There is nothing different that you need to do. 1. You need to make sure that OMA is enabled for the Organization. In ESM, go into Global Setting, Mobile Services properties. Under Outlook Mobile Access, make sure that at a minimum, Enable Outlook Mobile Access is checked. Optio...

if meet critertia then countif(a1:a10, between dates)
I hv a table of info Col A = location Col B = Due Dates if meet location, then count the number of due dates that fall in Oct or nov etc.... =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="location"),--(COUNTIF(b1:b10,DATEDIF("2005/10/1","2005/10/31","yd")))) Col A Col B Location Due Dates USA 10/10/05 Canada 5/1/06 UK 31/12/05 Canada 2/1/06 S. America 30/10/05 Result: oct 05 nov 05 dec 05 jan 06 canada 0 0 ...

How do I clear passwords from Outlook Account Manager protected storage?
I've found plenty of utilities to retrieve them from Protected Storage. But if I want to clear them out, I have found no way to do so with any utilites, or a way already built into Windows. I'm using Windows XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 SP2. thanks. ...

how to set a window to back in vc6
Hi Folks, I am currently looking for a solution to set a windows processor to back. Basically the window (child processor)is careated by its pararent process and by default it sits in front of of its parent window. However, I want to set it in the back of the parent window after launch. Any suggestion and comments? Thanks very much in advance! Bing If you are using a Dialog, then try modeless dialog. i.e Call Create method and then ShowWindow. If it is not then you can use SetWindowPos HTH -- _____________________ Ashok K Kumar ashokkal at gmail dot com "Bing Wu" <bing@biop....

Update Outlook Profile Outgoing Mail Server Settings
I need to create a PRF file that is generated on the fly for my users to just update the outgoing mail server settings for already present profiles - is this possible? If so, is it possible to do this for all versions of Outlook (2000, XP, 2003, Express)? Does anyone have any hints on how to accomplish this? Thanks, Jason Not possible. A PRF file can add a new Internet account, but it cannot = modify or delete an account.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programmin...

Converting Text Values to Dates
Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, for example) to valid date format, 8/10/96? I could not get the DATEVALUE function to do this. Hi! Select the range of cells in question. Goto Data>Text to Columns Click NEXT twice Select Column Data Format: DATE. Then choose the format from the drop down Finish Biff "Frank Winston" <FrankWinston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAF0A61-E8A7-4D18-B035-0D475E9A858C@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, > for example...

Excel Date Format of MMM/YY
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I enter a date in the format of MMM/YY it saves ok but if you then look in tools and calculator I have found that it creates a formula of 2004 and when you copy this over to a Windows based PC it displays incorrect dates. How do I turn off this apparent formula creation. I live in UK and have settings to UK Don't let the info in the Calculator mislead you. It's simply confirming that the workbook you're in is employing the 1904 Date System which is the default in Mac Excel. Dates in Mac Exce...

Summary Report
I have a summary report where I need a count of patients with their first visit date within a specific date range, but I also need a count of those same patients with one of four different outcomes during that same date range (delivered, miscarriage, transferred out, or no outcome withing the date range). Is this possible? Yes! Create a query that includes PatientID, FirstVisitDate and Outcome. Use the Between ... And construct in the FirstVisitDate field criteria. Click on the Sigma (looks like capital E) button in the menu at the top of the screen. Under PatientID, change ...

IE settings from Outlook 2003...
Hi I am trying to get the language information from Internet Explorer When i load this webside inside of Outlook, I can't get the HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE property If I load it from Internet Explore, outside Outlook, the property is ok Below is the asp code <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; "> <% Response.CacheControl = "no-cache" Response.Expires = -1 Response.Write(Now()) Response.Write("<BR>") TheLanguage = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE") TheLanguages = Split (TheLanguage, ",") Numberoflangua...

Unexpected driver verifier message"The previously-set IRP_MJ_POWER status has been converted to STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED"
Hi All, I'm working on the WDM bus driver that cooperates with UMDF client drivers (FDOs) under Win7. During the testing with verifier on I found driver verifier to stop debugger with a message "The previously-set IRP_MJ_POWER status has been converted to STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED." The problem occurs when UMDF FDO driver sends WAIT_WAKE IRP which I'm completing with STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED. I traced the IRP from the beginning and I don't understand why verifier is complaining this way - as per MSDN bus driver is allowed to complete the WAIT_WAKE IRP with STATUS_NOT_SUPP...

trying to return data with only the latest date
when i run this i get data for the last day. i'm trying to get it to return only for the latest date. for example the instance name column contains all the drive letters. i would like it to return one row for each machinename and drive letter. tried adding distinct but didn't work with free_hd_space_cte as ( select a.counterid, substring(a.machinename,3,20) as machinename, a.objectname, a.countername, a.instancename, b.countervalue, convert(datetime, substring(b.counterdatetime,1, 16)) as TimeRead from counterdetails a inner join counterdata b on a.counterid = b.counter...

How to automaticaly populate another date
I know how to do this in excel but can't figure it out in access. I want it so that when a users inputs data into one field the date (of when he put in the data) populates another field.Please helpThanks! Hi GregThe control that the user is entering data into has an AfterUpdate event which means that you can tell your system to do "something" after the field is updated.Open the form in design view and select the field that will have data entered into it.Right click and open the properties box.In the event column select AfterUpdateClic build option (...) and select codeYou will s...

Need an Through/End date for the Historical Stock Status Report
Our customer wants to print a report for a prior month that shows the beginning quantity on hand for an item, all transactions for the month and the ending QTY balance. Put another way, the customer says "I want to know what inventory I started the month with, what happenned to it, and what I ended with." This could be accomplished by adding an end date option to the Historical Stock Status Report so we could run the As Of Date for the beginning of a prior month and the end date as the end of the prior month. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Help needed on date matching and cell reference.
Hi, I need a formula to return the value of a cell from a nearby column, based on a matching of the months and years within a range of dates to the months and years within a given date. Here is the setup: Cell BA58 contains the given date. Column AP, starting in Cell AP59 and going down to AP2000 contains the array of dates that need to be evaluated to find which date matches the given date in Cell BA58 Column AR, starting in Cell AR59 and going down to AR2000 contains the array of numbers from which the result must be displayed. If a match is found between the given date in...

join text with date
Hello everyone I have a date in A1 as 31-12-04 (format DD_MM_YY) I want to type the formula in A2 like ="As on "&A1 but I am getting the result like "As on 38352" . Is there any way can get the result like "As on 31-12-04". Appreciate your help Regards Tom -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi ="As on " & TEXT(A1,"dd-mm-yy") -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "SMILE >" <<SMILE.16dx12@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:SMILE.16dx12@exc...

Hyperlinks and window settings
I have two questions, 1. Is it possible to change the setting of a hyperlink so that it only activates after double clicking. 2. Is there a way to make each spreadsheet open in a maximized state regardless of how it was saved? I am using Excel 98. TIA ramissah ...