Set form field on double click

I am using MS Access 2003.

I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review".
The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field.  That
part works fine.  I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and
Title of Document.

I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen:
1.  Open another form "publications"
2.  Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on.

PLEASE help.  I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

As a kick in the right direction, try update the code of the Double Click
event to:
   MsgBox "You clicked the record with DocID: " & Me.DocID
This should show the correct number. You can use this number when opening
the new form either in the WHERE CONDITION or the OPENARGS depending on how
you want to use the DocID.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"DavisGail" <DavisGail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using MS Access 2003.
>
> I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific
> Review".
> The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field.
> That
> part works fine.  I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and
> Title of Document.
>
> I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen:
> 1.  Open another form "publications"
> 2.  Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on.
>
> PLEASE help.  I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused.

0
De
3/13/2010 5:57:00 PM
ilmmùù***

"DavisGail" <DavisGail@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : 11D4E42B-2CB7-486C-8740-8CCDB8589317@microsoft.com...
> I am using MS Access 2003.
>
> I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific
> Review".
> The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field.
> That
> part works fine.  I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and
> Title of Document.
>
> I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen:
> 1.  Open another form "publications"
> 2.  Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on.
>
> PLEASE help.  I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused.

0
joelgeraldine

filling a control in a continuous form with a field from a table
I had posted this under "Access Reports" in error and received a response and responded. Please follow the dialog for an explaination of my question: Original Question: I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table. I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the table Attorney which contains one field called Atty. So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney table field. Response Received: Your combo box to select the at...

No For Closing Excel or User Form
Is there a macro code which will not allow closing Excel Program with up right corner button "X", if not, how about User Form? Thanks, Sahak question was answered in your later reposting. http://google.com/groups?threadm=01b601c398d1%24000302d0%24a501280a@phx.gbl Sometimes you do have to ask again and waiting a day (21 hours) is a reasonable wait for most questions. You should however stick to the same thread and not change the subject line. Try to make the original subject title describe the problem in about 30 characters. Meaningful subjects and keeping to a thread help...

Can I put merge fields in Word Art?
Is it possible to place a merge field so it displays as word art? Or, is there an alternate way to get text to autofit an entire space? When you do a merge you can change the text to any size or color you want. What version Publisher do you have? In step 5 of the Mail and Catalog wizard you can change your merge to a Publication and adjust. You can create a WordArt and use it as part of your merge document. If you have Publisher 2003 read the help about catalog merge... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Judico&...

Alarm reminder disappears if set as recurring
I'm using Outlook 2003 w/BCM, just noticed that a VALENTINE'S DAY entry was made for 2/14/06, (X) All day event, recurring yearly, with a reminder of 3 days. Problem is... the REMINDER alarm doesn't work...doesn't appear in the reminders list or beep or anything. If I remove the "recurrence", THEN it works great, pops up on the reminders list. Wondered what could be the problem? Why is 'recurring' knocking it out. I've checked and re-checked everything I already make sure it says "Start: Tues 2/14/06" ...not some future year. Also tried delet...

Bux3.us,click,$0.0025,ref50,payout,$1,AlertPay
Bux3.us,click,$0.0025,ref50,payout,$1,AlertPay http://www.bux3.us ...

Select criteria based on the field name the user selects
Hi all, I am facing with aproblem where in i have a small access db with forms and reports now i want to change or set the where condition of a query based on the value the user selects from the form through a combo box. For ex:- if user is selecting Invoice_date then the where condition should search based on invoice date if the user selects any other field the querys where condition should search based on that particular field.Can any one help me in getting a solution for this. I have a sample database that shows how you can use various controls to set the filter of a query that i...

Open form to specific record quits working
I have a customer search form that opens a specific customer order. Sometimes when I add a field or make a minor change to the customer order form, the customer search pulls a blank or new record. I delete the change I made to the order form but a blank record is still pulled. What can I do to fix this? Thanks Sorry, I meant to post this to Access. "Ron Weaver" wrote: > I have a customer search form that opens a specific customer order. Sometimes > when I add a field or make a minor change to the customer order form, the > customer search pulls a blank or new record...

Save account settings in Outlook 2007
How can I save my various email account settings for use on a new PC, rather than having to input everything again? I am running Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista. Many thanks. There is no native method of doing so "Bagheera" <Bagheera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E44CA27-9A41-461C-B868-8F0ABC81DC4D@microsoft.com... > How can I save my various email account settings for use on a new PC, > rather > than having to input everything again? > > I am running Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista. > > Many thanks. ...

Row Hidden or height set to 0
The A1 row in my worksheet is not visible and I can't find a way to display it. Following help, I went to Edit/Go To/"A1" then Format/Row/Unhide or Height = 13 but it still isn't visible. Help! Hi click on the small box above the row numbers, left to the column headings to select your entire spreadsheet Now goto 'Format - Rows - Unhide' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CS wrote: > The A1 row in my worksheet is not visible and I can't find > a way to display it. Following help, I went to Edit/Go > To/"A1" then Format/Row/Unhide or...

Global retention (autoarchive) setting?
Is there no way to set the retention period for ALL mail folders at once? I see the "Clean out items older than..." setting under the AutoArchive tab of the Properties entry for each folder, but I have 40-50 folders. I am running Outlook 2000. Has this changed in later versions? -- Using Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 Outlook 2003 has the option to apply archive settings to "all" folders. I don't know of any 3rd party solutions that mimic this ability for earlier versions. "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:nquir1h33oaeah...

How do i set up an organization chart in Excel?
Is there a wizard or an easy way to set up an org chart. Please send reply to rdamore@chezcore.com -- Rox Hi Excel can insert an org chart (Insert - Diagram in newer versions). But Excel is not the ideal program for this. You may use Visio instead -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rox wrote: > Is there a wizard or an easy way to set up an org chart. Please send > reply to rdamore@chezcore.com ...

Otlook forms
Hi, MS Outlook 2000. In my MS Outlook 2000 I have created some custom forms for contacs. Every of the form has some additional fields, which I use during a contact with the person in question. Unfortunately, I had a comp crash. But I have a backup, made before the crash happend. When I have recreated the environment at a new machine, and imported there the contact list in question, I have quickly found out that the additional information entered via my custom forms into a contact has been imported along with normal data, and is is great. But what worries me is how to migrate the forms the...

How do I run a query that displays field names and not captions
How do I run a query that displays field names and not captions The simplest solution would be to open the table in design view, and clear the Caption property for your fields. If that doesn't work, you could alias the fields in the query. For example if you have FirstName showing as First Name (with a space), and you want it to actually show as FirstName, switch the query to SQL View (View menu), and change the SQL statement from: SELECT Table1.FirstName, ... to: SELECT Table1.FirstName AS FirstName, ... -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for A...

Double forwarding of email possible?
Sorry, can't think of anywhere else to post this. I have a domain email which is my lifetime email address, say a@a.com . I forward it via the domain hosting company to my ISP email address, say b@b.com which I then receive via POP. The problem is that despite great care, I have started receiving spam to my a@a.com email address and therefore to my b@b.com address. In order to get around this I tired to double forward the email via a spam filtration, forwarding service. So a@a.com got forwarded to c@c.com (the spam filtration service) which in turn then forwards it to b@b.com ...

What is the SystemUserBase
We've got 3 crm environments all with their own domains - live, test and dev. I'm investigating why we cant add users from our main(live) domain to the dev environment, and can't edit existing users from the live domain on the dev domain I've noticed a field on the SystemUserBase table called ActiveDirectoryGUID. My first impression was that it was the id of the relevant AD account, however the live guid for my crm account is different from the ActiveDirectoryGUID on my test crm account, and both records work fine. Whereas the ActiveDirectoryGUID on dev (which has problems) is ...

CRM 1.2 8000bytes limit problem, how to remove old fields?
Hi all, I run into the problem of the 8000bytes limit. There are some old customfields that I could remove (loss of data is ok). Now I heared, there's a way of doing it directly on the database, could anybody explain it to me? There's still no way to do it with the customization-tools, right? Thank you all! Peter Widmer scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com. I seem to remember a few posts talking aobut doing this but it was a long time ago ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Peter Widmer"...

NOT protect Forms
Good Morning In a sheet I have a checkbox and a combo-box. I want to protect every cell in that sheet, make it "Read-Only", th only things I don't want to be protected are the two forms. So tha they keep on working, and I can continue selecting an item from th combo-box. Till now I can't manage that. By protecting the sheet, the two foms always are protected. I can't select them to be "no-protected". Please, Some knows the trick ? : -- skro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- skrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

Main Form (Urgent Please)
When we run an Access Database, it runs within MS Access. Now I want to know: In some other language i.e. Visual Basic if i make a sofware, can i use MS Access Database in the background. So that in front Screen there will run someother sofware without MS Access but in the backgroun i will use MS Access Database. is this possible? -- Best Regards Shakeel Ahmad shakeel.ahmad215@gmail.com www.groups.yahoo.com/group/islam-the-final-truth www.geocities.com/shakeelahmad_79 On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:32:58 +0500, "Shakeel Ahmad" <shakeel.ahmad215@gmail.com> wrote: >When ...

Handle Duplicate Primary Key Field at Time of Entry Instead of at Form Update
Note: This was originally posted at the queries group by mistake ...... Hi Folks - Currently, I am using the Error Event of my form to capture duplicate key entry. However, this is not invoked until the form updates. Is there a way to check for a duplicate after the user tabs out of the primary key field? Thanks. -- Michael "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in news:uScYzaNHIHA.284@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Michael > > The Primary Key of a table is used to ensure each row/record is > unique. How is it that you are allowing your users to "crea...

Custom form Authentication
I have an application that I have rolled out at a few different customers. I create a virtual directory under CRM and in the isv.config file I use relative url. Yet in some cases people have to re-authenticate into my pages. These pages are launched from within CRM, so there is no reason to re-authenticate. There is a new patch out there for some IIS error that when applied, the re-authentication just plain doesn't work and none of my users can get in. These seems so basic - so what am I missing!! Thanks! ...

Invoice Form Question
I've created an Invoice form which seems to work pretty well for creating invoices, but now the Office folks would like to add some functionality. Right now, we track our orders by Order Number. The Order Entry table includes information that is unique to the order as a whole. There is also an associated Order Details table which includes information specific the line item for a specific order. The Part Numbers table includes information that is standard to the Part Number. Right now the Invoice information is included on the Order Entry table. My thinking was that the relatio...

Form multiple subforms?
I have a issue where one table Employee Shift has two depentant tables Downtime and Scrap. I have created a form subform with Employee Shift and Downtime. I also want to include an additional subform of Scrap. Is it possible to include 2 subforms on a single form? If so, does anyone have an example? You can place as many sub-forms as you want. the question is your relation you trying to display For example Employee shift ----> phone numbers ----> DownTime ----> scrap ----> name of children The above has the employee shift...

mailmerg current record from a Access form to Word
Hi, I'am having a problem with merging just one record with a Word doc. In Access i have a multipage (3 tabs) displaying just one record. On the first page (tab) i have a combobox which is used to select a record from the database. All the fields(75) are then displayed on the pages(tabs) of the multipage. I have a button called "merge" with which i would like to be able to; 1. Open word and open a certain letter (c:\data\DBM\testletter.doc) in which i have put mergefields (I connected the letter to the database of the form) 2. Then merge only the current record (...

Transfer data in an other text box field on a condition
Hi folks, I have a field on my report that show me a sum of "cartons to received" for each truck appointed. now I want to transfer that sum of "cartons to received" into another text box if the cartons are received. Anyone have an idea, how can I do this? If you need additional details, let me know. Thanking you in advance for your support Fred's ...

Re: Appointment Form Question
Thanks Ken, However that field is not enabled in the Appointment form design window. And Is not available as a field if I create/bind a new text box. Thanks anyway. PS I'm using Outlook 2003 "Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message news:ui2r1Z6qEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Select All Task Fields and Notes from that group. That will show the text in > the Body of the appointments. > > -- > Ken Slovak > [MVP - Outlook] > http://www.slovaktech.com > Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2...