Set Focus 05-22-07

I have a command button that displays and filters 2 forms. I would
like to set the focus to a specific field on another form when these
are opened.
TIA

0
myxmaster
5/22/2007 3:36:30 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In news:1179848189.605344.149570@r3g2000prh.googlegroups.com,
myxmaster@hotmail.com <myxmaster@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a command button that displays and filters 2 forms. I would
> like to set the focus to a specific field on another form when these
> are opened.

Something along the lines of:

    DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", WhereCondition:="[SomeField]=1"
    DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", WhereCondition:="[SomeOtherField]=2"

    With Forms!Form3
        .SetFocus
        !SomeControlOnForm3.SetFocus
    End With

That's assuming that Form3 -- is already open.  If it's not, just open
it, and then set the focus to the control on it:

    DoCmd.OpenForm "Form3"
    Forms!Form3!SomeControlOnForm3.SetFocus

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Lost Database 06-22-07
Hey, I hope someone can help me. I just closed out my database window within access and now I can not access it. I see it in the folder but when I select it, access opens with no database window so I can not get at my information. HELP! Try holding down the Shift key the entire time that the application is opening. I'm guessing that you unchecked the option to Display Database Window, under Tools > Startup. Alternatively, if you have not also disabled Special Keys (bottom of same screen), you should be able to press the F11 button to display the database window. Tom Wicker...

Setting Up Hotmail w/ Outlook
I am trying to set outlook 2000 to check a hotmail account. Someone told me that this is not possible. How do I set up outlook to automatically check hotmail? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287424&Product=ol2002 "LunaBalthazar@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18a7301c41b5a$5a885ff0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to set outlook 2000 to check a hotmail > account. Someone told me that this is not possible. How > do I set up outlook to automatically check hotmail? Outlook 2000 does not sup...

Going offline in CRM 10-05-04
Hey: I recently found out that you may create a CRM Appoinment and have it synch up to CRM by clicking the CRM "Go Offline" button in the SFO shortcut toolbar... Problem is, I keep getting the error "CRM SFO cannot go offline. The Microsoft Server was not found." Has anyone else had this problem? --Dodd > I recently found out that you may create a CRM Appoinment > and have it synch up to CRM by clicking the CRM "Go > Offline" button in the SFO shortcut toolbar... This is true, you can schedule for yourself and it will sync to CRM. However, you c...

How to set plot area back to automatic?
Hi, how do I set the chart plot area back to automatic, and make it stay there? While opening new workbook and making a chart, the plot area is set to some colour and I prefer it to keep automatic, and white. How? "KeepItSimple" <KeepItSimple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7F9B001-56FD-48E6-B1B0-1056F51FE94C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > how do I set the chart plot area back to automatic, and make it stay > there? > While opening new workbook and making a chart, the plot area is set to > some > colour and I prefer it to keep automatic, and ...

set up new indentity in outlook express 6
I tried to set up my identity in our computer because I want to have my own email account from charter (ISP). But I can't receive email but i can send. The server keep on denying my username and password. What should I do? DO i need to call charter to set it up for me? "glenn lawrence" <galawrence@charter.net> wrote in message news:#GFWtMuCKHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I tried to set up my identity in our computer because I want to have my > own email account from charter (ISP). But I can't receive email but i can > send. The server keep on deny...

Advanced Find 05-22-06
Hi, I would like to search for services details using Advanced Find and make/create a report with the resources information. For example... I would like to know the users that are working on a specified service? or What resources groups the user belongs and then make a report with that information. If i go throw the resource group area i can create a report with that information, but it doesnt include the user email for example. Any sugestion how this could be done? thx ...

Unauthorized access to OWA if account set to change password on lo
Good day, We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2 Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password. If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are not authorized to view this page" If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords using the Options section. I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access ...

Files and Settings Transfer Wizard #2
Hello, I recently did a clean install on my parents computer, which is part of my annual maintenance routine. I have used the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard several times on several machines to successfully restore data after this procedure. Unfortunately, when I did this on my parents machine, it lost all data in Outlook 2003 - contacts, emails, account settings, everything. It attempted to restore some settings in Outlook Express, but without any success. Once I reinstalled the OS and all the apps, I ran Windows Update and installed every hotfix, which gave me an identical environment ...

Append Query Not Working 05-03-10
My Append query is not working and i am not sure why... Here is my SQL INSERT INTO tblContractPOTracking ( TrackingID ) SELECT tblDocTracking.TrackingID FROM tblDocTracking WHERE (((tblDocTracking.DocumentNumber)="5" Or (tblDocTracking.DocumentNumber)="6" Or (tblDocTracking.DocumentNumber)="7")); Please help! "not working" is a bit vague ... If you want more specific suggestions, please provide more specific description... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and s...

How can I set up a program 8 by 11 folding the sheet in quarters
I am trying to print a church progam with one sheet of paper making four pages by folding the sheet in quarters. I have not figured out how to set this up with pubisher. -- Imanuker Imanuker wrote: > I am trying to print a church progam with one sheet of > paper making four pages by folding the sheet in quarters. > I have not figured out how to set this up with pubisher. ================================ This may be what you are seeking. Go to...Blank Publications / Side Fold Card or Top Fold Card. -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** *****Digital Image****** H...

hola 07-19-09

Setting up two users in Outlook
How do you set up multiple users in Outlook (I don't want to share the calendar or contacts). I tried creating a new .pst file, but when I opened it my contacts and calendar information appeared also on the new file. When I deleted a contact, it deleted it in my .pst file as well as the new one. Thanks. What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don'...

Scoll window settings
I'm not sure if the following is possible in dex but I have the need to change either the font, color or shading of a line in a scoll window based on an attribute of the data in the line. It would even be acceptable to display a icon on the line. I need to draw the users attention to the line(s) when a certain condition exists. I have not found an easy way to do this in Dexterity for GP 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -Mark Hi Mark You need to add code into your fill script and your pre script to make the changes you want. You can use a visual switch to hide and show or...

Sales Tax set-up question
I have a tax set up problem with RMS. I am using the "per customer" tax configuration because we ship products out of state and out of country. Here is the situation: Ontario (local) customers pay GST (federal) and PST (state/provincial) Rest of Canada pay GST only Outside Canada pay no tax However, in Ontario some products are still non-taxable (which is no problem) and some are GST only (which is a problem). Is there a way to accommodate all of this? Also, if I have a customer who is from out of province (with an out of province address in RMS) but who visits my store in Ont...

setting workbook read only except for one user
I have a sheet that I want to share with co-workers but I only want them to have read only access. If I put the file on the public server it will give the frist perons to open it full access and readonly to everyone there after. What is the best way to go about this? <scott.streit@gmail.com> wrote... >I have a sheet that I want to share with co-workers but I only want >them to have read only access. > >If I put the file on the public server it will give the frist perons to >open it full access and readonly to everyone there after. > >What is the best way to go ab...

finding hidden tab settings
I appear to have some hidden tab settings from text that I have imported from WordPerfect. How do I find and delete them? I am accustomed to using "Reveal Codes" and am totally lost. I did save the text as text only, but it appears that the tabs came over with the text. ...

Setting up online services for multiple accounts at same bank
I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download transactions for my credit and my wife's credit both held with MBNA. I can set one up just fine, but Money doesn't seem to let me set the second one up. At least not intuitively. Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, phudrick wrote: >I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at >the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download >transactions for my cred...

How do I chart two separate sets of x and corresponding y values .
I would like to chart two sets of x and y values with each set of x values corresponding to its own set of dependant y values. The two sets of x values for the ordinate are entirely different. It seems like I can only chart two sets of data on the same graph with the same values for x and two separate sets of dependant values for y. Is there any way possible to get around this problem? Select your first set of X&Y data, Insert/ Chart (Chart type XY, & choose an appropriate sub-type)/ other options as appropriate. Now select your second set of X&Y data, Copy, select your c...

Same setting not working
I have two accounts, mine (admin), and a guest account. I set up a mail account on the admin and it works fine, retrieves the mail from the comcast servers to my inbox, on start up. But if I set it up the same way on the guest account, it doesn't work at all, nothing is retrieved and it can't be viewed. Why is the guest account not working? Anyone? >-----Original Message----- >I have two accounts, mine (admin), and a guest account. I >set up a mail account on the admin and it works fine, >retrieves the mail from the comcast servers to my inbox, >on start up. B...

Project settings for final release
Could I get some advice on exactly which setting I should change for my Release build in Project Settings? Up until now, I have enabled browsing and debugging, but at this final stage, I would like to strip out everything possible. What should Optimizations be set to? Should I set Debug Info to none? What else should I consider? Typically, when you create a new project the settingsf or debug and release are created automatically and I've found the defaults to be pretty good. I usually just add the non-debug versions of any libraries I've added. Typcially Optimization is dis...

Outlook 2003 / BCM
Is there any way to set "global" field settings for each opportunity in the Opportunities section - versus having to adjust each Opportunity's view one by one? ...

Pivot table field settings--ghosted out
I'm MS-Excel 2003 pivot tables which connect to an OLAP database. I a trying to set my subtotals in the pivot table to "AVERAGE". Currently they're defaulting to the "SUM" setting. I right click on the cell (I do this for both the cell and the cel heading...same result) and select "FIELD SETTINGS". This brings up th Pivot table field window. The only options that I have that are no ghosted out are "AUTOMATIC" and "NONE". I understand that I need to tick the CUSTOM radio button under th Subtotal heading, but i am unable to do so...

How can i set incoming and outgoing limit size?
Hell I'm wondering how can i set incoming and outgoing mail limit size for distribution list in exchange 5.5? Is there somekind of script or maybe a tool (like header for exporting and importing columns)? Please help me out!! Thanks a lo Goran On your connection in configuration. Open the live connection and on "Generatl" tab you can define the message size. >-----Original Message----- >Hello > >I'm wondering how can i set incoming and outgoing mail limit size for distribution list in exchange 5.5? Is there somekind of script or maybe a tool (like header...

Setting up OWA External Access, No FQDN, using .local domain.
Hello everyone, I am trying to enable users to access OWA externally on our SBS 2003 server. Current set up is XXXXX.local as the domain name with XXXX.org registered but currently only forwarding to a hosted website. Running ISA 2004 on the server as well. OWA and RWW work fine internally but I am struggling to publish these services externally. Currently using a Draytek router with a static IP address. I know that changing the domain is not a practical option in SBS 2003 and have tried using OWA publishing rule & web listener but still unable ...

Icon Sets
I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing". I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand where the different parts were supposed to go. Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information in column U: =IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,...