set default record to a table

I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a
paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the
various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Maybe this is a matter of terminology...

In Access, data is stored in tables.  Each table has it's own records
(collections of related data).

When you say you want a "record" to be the default one pulled up by
everyone, how do you know they are all using their different forms to look
at the same data (i.e., table)?

Next, why?  What is it about the data that's in your so-called "default
record" that you want them all to see/know?

If you'll provide a bit more specific description of your situation, folks
here may be able to offer more specific suggestions.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Memo" <Memo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a
> paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the
> various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible?

0
Jeff

find matching records
I have two spreadsheets with a common column in each spreadsheet where I need to find the matching records based on this common column. The first spreadsheet has 139 records (spreadsheetA) and the common column name is "AccountId" The second spreadsheet has over 9000 records (spreadsheetB) with the common column name "AccountId" I want to find the matching records in the "spreadsheetB" that has records based on the AccountId in the "spreadsheetA". Once I find the matching records I want to copy the new information over to the "spreadsheetA&q...

Code to fill Word form for multiple records from Access
This is the code I've been working with, but it freezes Access: Private Sub Command66_Click() 'Print Physician Profile. Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim doc As Word.Document 'Avoid error 429, when Word isn't open. On Error Resume Next Err.Clear 'Set appWord object variable to running instance of Word. Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then 'If Word isn't open, create a new instance of Word. Set appWord = New Word.Application End If Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset rst.Open Me.RecordSource, CurrentProject.Co...

Record Review Process
Hi, Gang, I'm hoping you can help me out with a concept question. I have a database which collected employee information for several different group within our department organization. I need to institute a process in which each team lead needs to check off each of their employees as reviewed each month and be able to run a report to know which employee records have not been reviewed for the previous month. I have two tables already: one for the employees (tblFTE) and one for the review process (tblRev). I am using the EmpID as the parent-child field between the tables. Wh...

Changing Cutting & Pasting Default?
I do a lot of cutting from Photoshop and pasting into Excel. Is there a way to change the default so that when I cut and paste something, it will automatically draw a line on the edges, instead of having to do it manually every time? Thanks in advance for any help... Grativo ...

Use Pivot Table to Populate another table dynamically
Hi, I have a pivot table that is pulling from a large table of data with hours and projects for various clients and hours etc. I want to create an invoice that is populated dynamically with the hours and project as they change by client depending on the client filter. Is there anyway to do this? Everything I have tried has not been dynamic. Thanks ...

Copy & Paste defaults
When copying text from another application into a cell in Excel, I can either choose to retain the source formatting or use the destination formatting. Does anyone know a way that I can make the Excel destination formatting the default so that it is not necssary to make the selection on every copy/paste? Jerry I don't think there is a way to default Excel to the destination formatting. The only workaround might be to paste via a macro: Sub PasteDestinFormat() ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Text" End Sub -- Jim "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How can I set Outlook, I have problems with that.
I Try to use Outlook in my PC but I don't have a clue to set Outlook, I know if I can set the program I see my mail bye Outlook but is difficult to me understand... please can you help me how to set the program step by step? Thanks... You will need the server names from your ISP in order to set it up. We cannot help you with that. Most ISPs will post instructions on how to setup Outlook Express (they will not support Outlook) but you can use the same information to set up Outlook account(s). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

Autosorting a league table
In one of my sheets I want to automatically sort a table after I have edited a specfic cell. I can make the macro to select the cells to sort and then what to sort them by, but I don't know how to go about activating the macro when a cell (in a range of cells) is edited. Can anyone help me please? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi you may use either the worksheet event 'worksheet_change' or 'worksheet_selectionchange'. e.g. put the following code in your worksheet module Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count...

Access
Hi, i have a on going database for my employees and i would like to add another column employee ID number. On the existing table the column employee ID is there but no number associated to the employee. I want to import from excel. the excel file has all employees name and employee number. EE name is the primary key and i only want to import the EE ID number only, the rest of the column in the table leave as is. can someone help me with this? thanks On Tue, 18 May 2010 00:44:55 GMT, "accessnote" <u60148@uwe> wrote: >Hi, i have a on going database for my ...

Update back-end tables, fields, relationships etc...
I am looking for some examples of code or links to code examples to update a back-end database appropriately so it works with the next version of the front-end. Both dbs are Access2007, Example: I have a table tblPreference in the back-end that has a versionNumber field and is set to "1.0". If my latest "2.0" front-end is opened I want it to detect the OLD version 1.0 back-end and run the code to update the back-end to "2.0" and then change the version number. Things I need done include: - adding fields to existing tables - deleting fields from ...

Can't populate frx_entity table in th glx database
After running Account modifier, I can't get into FRx for our test company. I get the error 9 with a message subscript out of range ...occurred while populating the frl_entity table in GLX database. I ran the server-based indexing scripts, truncated gl00105, and ran check links on Account master. I'm not so sure I got the right gl32 file. How do track this file down? Does anyone have any othe rideas? Thanks. Jim -- Jim ...

Saving default tabs

Converting varying length Vertically-aligned records to Horizontal Rows of list (tabular)
I have a Excel Spreadsheet with Records of books. The fields and data value is entered as the First and Second Column (ColA, ColB). The records are separated by 2 empty rows. Some fields are missing for some records: Some record may miss the 'author' whereas some records may miss some other fields, say ,'subject' AND 'totalpage'. The Objective is to tranform the record horizontally with Each ffield in one column with missing field blanked so that all the field are aligned in a column e.g. colA for 'Title', colB for 'Author' How can we convert varying ...

Create a button to find the next record
Hi I am trying to create a button to find the next record for a particular studentID. There is a main form and subform. I want to be able to find all relevent subforms for a particular student. The master link id is STUDENTID and the child link id is STUDENTID_FK. So for student #1, when I click on the subform and click on the button, it would cycle through all this student's records. What is the best way to set up this button? Thank you for your help in advance. You already have one that is built in. Just click the navigation button right of the record number ...

Public Folder Changing default
I have a Public folder server that is being replaced. I am replicating the content to a new server but users are sometimes connecting to the new server which has the hierarchy but not all the content. Is there a way to keep user from logging onto this new PF server until all the replication is done? -- RS MCSE, MCP +I MCP what is the default public folder configured to be for the users on this store? you might want/need to change that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rschraeger" <Rschraeger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF834694-B5B7-4D15-89BC-CB29810A373...

Set Focus 05-22-07
I have a command button that displays and filters 2 forms. I would like to set the focus to a specific field on another form when these are opened. TIA In news:1179848189.605344.149570@r3g2000prh.googlegroups.com, myxmaster@hotmail.com <myxmaster@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a command button that displays and filters 2 forms. I would > like to set the focus to a specific field on another form when these > are opened. Something along the lines of: DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", WhereCondition:="[SomeField]=1" DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", WhereConditi...

How to set view titles in this scenario.
Hi My application always creates two view on file new, file open . Its a MDI application. I have refered following link. http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/viewmanagement/article.php/c3275/ Problem is , when I execute the application, and new document is automatically created. But the both view titles remain same. I want them to be xxx1:1 and xxx1:2 but both of them display xxx1 only. This is not the case when I manually click file->new. How to set the proper view titles here. thanks leee. The link you mentioned does not work. If you are setting titile of MDI child frame, you can...

use IUrlHistoryStg2 to get the history record,but how to get the user name ?
IUrlHistoryStg2 can tell you the url,titile,some visited time information.But how can I know who visit this url ? Anyone can give me some hint or code ? Thanks very much ...

Table and Chart
I have three variables: Screen (month and year), Eligible (yes/no), and Enrolled (yes/no). Screen starts on March 2005 and will continue for several years to come. I want to create a column chart that shows for each month and year the number of people who were eligible and enrolled. Below is a sample of the data. I think I want something like this: IF A:A = Jan-05, then count B:B and C:C of the same row where A:A is the column for Screen B:B is the column for Eligible C:C is the column for Enrolled Once I have the table I should be able to do the graph. I'm sure though I&...

retrieving old records & saving them as new ones
hi all, I need to create a program in access database, the main form contains 3 subforms. for each month 'Monthly Progress Report for:', the user enters some details in the main form and the subs. these details should be retrieved (when the user tries to add a new record and enters a new 'Monthly Progress Report for:') and stored as new record with the new month stored also in the subforms. i hope i explained it well,.. your help is appreciated, Thanks. Data are stored in tables, not in forms or subforms. If you are talking about storing the month in the subform reco...

Why is my row truncated in a pivot table?
my source of the pivot table has a data field with 81 words, yet only 44 words show up in the results table. How can I get the entire 81 words in the pivot table? A pivot table cell is limited to 255 characters. There's no setting you can change to increase this limit. mcmunnd1 wrote: > my source of the pivot table has a data field with 81 words, yet only 44 > words show up in the results table. How can I get the entire 81 words in the > pivot table? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

I can't set up my account on Windows Mail
Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, gmail accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days but nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put in the right POP and all. What else can I do? Does Gmail and gmx and all not work on a mail server on the actual desktop? Please help me? asiankelsey;1224241 Wrote: > Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, > gmail > accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days > but > nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put i...

pivot table row subtotals
Excel 2003 I am pretty good at pivot table but can't figure out how the have subtotals display for my 3rd row field in under my 2nd row field - they only display at the grand total line. Please see the example below. I need to get subtotals for A/P and OP under store 1 and then again under store 2. Also My calculated field do now show up in my grand totals? why not - they should work - the math is valid. thanks!!!! Div Desc Desc Ver Store 1 4 OP A/P 1 OP A/P 2 OP A/P 3 OP A/P Store 1 Total Store 2 5 OP A/P 6 OP A/P 7 OP A/P 8 OP A/P Store 2 Total Move ...

Looping Through Records
I'm Using Sandra Daigles code to loop through and make a change to all records in a table. The field in the table "Select" is a Yes/No data type. It changes only the current record in my form. Here is the code. Any suggestion welcomed. Private Sub cmdDeSelect_Click() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = CurrentDb() 'Change this to your SQL or to the name of a saved query Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("Select * from tblCDMRvalues;") With rst ' Very important to avoid errors if no records are returned If Not (.EOF And .BOF) Then &...

Date Difference Calculation Between two Records
If somebody can help me , regarding calculating difference of days between to records. Ex: Record No: Date: Receipts Payments 123 01/04/2007 10000 456 10/04/2007 5000 789 20/05/2007 500 What i need is calculate date difference in two records Record No: Diff 456 9 Days 789 40 Days I need this days for interest calculation if somebody could please suggest how to calculate this date difference in query i will be very much grateful ...