set default record to a table

I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a
paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the
various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Maybe this is a matter of terminology...

In Access, data is stored in tables.  Each table has it's own records
(collections of related data).

When you say you want a "record" to be the default one pulled up by
everyone, how do you know they are all using their different forms to look
at the same data (i.e., table)?

Next, why?  What is it about the data that's in your so-called "default
record" that you want them all to see/know?

If you'll provide a bit more specific description of your situation, folks
here may be able to offer more specific suggestions.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Memo" <Memo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a
> paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the
> various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible?

0
Jeff