set default record to a table

I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a
paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the
various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Maybe this is a matter of terminology...

In Access, data is stored in tables.  Each table has it's own records
(collections of related data).

When you say you want a "record" to be the default one pulled up by
everyone, how do you know they are all using their different forms to look
at the same data (i.e., table)?

Next, why?  What is it about the data that's in your so-called "default
record" that you want them all to see/know?

If you'll provide a bit more specific description of your situation, folks
here may be able to offer more specific suggestions.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Memo" <Memo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a
> paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the
> various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible?

0
Jeff

default zoom setting when using Word as email editor
I=B4m using Word as my email editor and when I open an=20 email, the zoom is set to any arbitrary number. Usually,=20 this makes the mail almost unreadable until I change the=20 zoom level manually.=20 Does anybody know how get this fixed - preferrably a way=20 to set the default zoom level to 100%? (that=B4s Office 2003 w/ SP1) thanks in advance,=20 tobias ...

web query problem, excel 2000, identify a table
attempting to import the fuel price table from: http://www.flyingj.com/fuel/diesel_CF.cfm the problem is, they did not name the table that contains the fue prices and i get the whole page, any help appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can select the table or just use a lookup, with indirect, or macro to get the values for another sheet. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "stormkeep >" <<stormkeep.19a9sv@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:stormkeep.19a9sv@excelforum-nospam.com... > attempting to import the fuel ...

Default document has 10 point spacing after lines can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in each individual document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in each individual document <dbdbdb@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in > each individual document Open the Normal.docx template and change the font size there. Save and from then on, all new documents based on Normal will have the font size you want. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http...

In table, add column to the right, but then can't size it
In a Word 2007 table, I have my page layout set to Landscape Orientation for printing. I want to add a narrow new column on the right. I select the current right-most column, then right-click and choose Insert, then Insert Columns to the Right. However, the column Word adds takes up all remaining horizontal space on the page, past even the right margin of the page. The right border of the table (and of that new column) is now not visible, so I can't get to it in order to grab its sizing handles to decrease the width of that added column. I can't see the right border of th...

convert sql tables with parent-child keys of a nested structure into a nested xml file
I have 5 tables in SQL Server. Each with the following design and a sample chain of the relationships from the root (WRL - World) UUS is the 'Code' of the first table and it is the 'Parent' value of the second table, etc. Parent varchar 3 Name varchar 60 Code varchar 3 WRL United States UUS <- UUS California UCA <- UCA North Coast UNC <- UNC Sonoma County USO <- USO Russian River Valley URR If I have 6 tables with these relationships from root to these vineyard appellation locations, how could I convert this nested, hiearchical data from SQL Server tables into...

Setting a section to No Fill
Hi, I have a program that automatically sets the segments in a pie chart t the correct colour (set using RGB(c1,c2,c3)) see code below Charts("EPE Wheel").SeriesCollection(1).Points(pnt).Interior.Color RGB(c1, c2, c3) However there is occasioanlly a black segment and i would like to se it to No fill instead of black. I can do all the If...then but what i the code to set a section to no fill? many thank -- Lynxbci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1037 Vi...

Combining 2 pivot tables
Hi, I have two pivot tables, and I would like to consolidate the data into one. Both tables are linked to the same source, and have identical data formats. However the final row for each table has a different name. Any ideas how I can get this data into a single pivot table? Thanks, RA What's in the final row of each table? RestlessAde wrote: > Hi, > > I have two pivot tables, and I would like to consolidate the data into one. > Both tables are linked to the same source, and have identical data formats. > However the final row for each table has a different name....

How do I set up a word document application for online use
In our basket offcials asociation, I want to have an application in word I can send to members who can down load my word document and type in answeres in a radio box?? or Text box???? save and sent back to me. I could do it in the old version but not 97 -- rst See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to. If by "97" you actually mean Word 2007, then you will need to display the Developer tab in order to find the legacy form fields. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microso...

Dates defaulting to 2008
I have a form in Access 2007 that has 2 combo boxes that select dates from a single table (FROM and TO). The table that I am using for test purposes has dates from Apr-07 to Nov-07. Prior to New Year (i.e. 2007), if I clicked one of the combo boxes, it showed Apr-07 to Nov-07. If, for example, I clicked on Nov-07, Nov-07 would appear in the box. Everything normal! However, since the turn of the year (i.e. 2008), if I do the same thing (select Nov-07), Nov-08 appears in the box ... even though Nov-08 does not exist in the source table. Does anyone know a way around this problem? Many ...

adding/checking records via vbcode
Hi again,I hope this is a good way of doing what i want to achieve...I have a table thats going to record all new invoice amounts and payments... it looks like this..table.IDtable.CustomerIDtable.invoiceNumbertable.recordDatetable.invoiceAmount (defaulted to 0 unless changed)table.customerPayment (defaulted to 0 unless changed)table.paymentTypeThe idea is that when producing an invoice, it records the invoice in this table and later when someone pays (even if its not the correct amount, i can record it here)..I have a button on the invoice form which normally saves the record.. I would like to...

how do I make outlook my default dial up connection
I have tried to make outlook my default dial up connection by carrying out the instructions in help but with no success. My current dial up is outlook express but I would like to change it to outlook. please advise thank you In news:247E46BD-5F80-4571-8D3D-7375E2C9C09C@microsoft.com, epicyclic <epicyclic@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say: My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: > I have tried to make outlook my default dial up connection by > carrying out the instructions in help but with no success. My current > dial up is outlook express but I would like...

Page Orientation
Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for individual pages? If so, then how? Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some landscape. Thanks! On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:51:13 -0700, "Smithers" <A@B.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for >individual pages? If so, then how? > >Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the >document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some lan...

Workflow
Hi, I've read a whole bunch of posts on workflow but cannot find the answer to my problem. I want to create a rule that on activation of a Quote a task is created with the task due date set to 7 days prior to the quotation expiry date. Cheers Andy. Sorry, there's no supported way to do this in the current version. The closest you are going to get is to use Wait statements in your workflow. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy P" wrote: > Hi, > > I've read a whole bunch of posts on workflow but cannot find the answer to > my prob...

Can one Force Publisher 2003 to default save in Publisher 2000 for
Hi. We work with Office 2000 and XP. We don´t plan to deploy Office 2003 on corporate basis. Some new people though have Office 2003 - and there are more to come. Problem: Som work with Publisher 2000 or 2002 Others work with Publisher 2003. We can´t force people to use the "Save As" work around - to solve the document compatibility issue between the versions - they simply forget! Question: Is it possible to install the Publisher 2003, and force it always to Use the Publisher 2000 format, working with documents. (change some registry settings i.e...) -> so people do...

[SS 2000] Mirroring of only 1 table
Hi, in SQL Server 2000, is it possible to mirror just one table? Or only several tables of the database. Thanks in advance. Luigi Database Mirroring is at the database level. You can achiever higher granularity using Replication (assuming that feature suits you, of course). -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "Luigi" <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48897F0C-24C9-4894-8E27-DD84B7E31982@microsoft.com... > Hi, > in SQL Server 2000, is it p...

locking bar chart colors in pivot tables
I use pivot charts frequently, and change the data displayed frequently. I would like to "lock" my stacked bar chart colors so that my largest data segment in the legend always displays blue in my stacked bars, my second largest data segment always displays red, etc. As Debra Dalgleish points out, loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 To apply colo...

Still event 9665 after applying /3GB switch and the USERVA setting in the Boot.ini file
We got Exchange Server 2003 with 2,5 Gb RAM. When rebooting Exchange Sever, I still have Event 9665 Warning (memory settings are not optimal). Anyone got a solution to this problem ? I followed Q815372 - How to Optimize Memory Usage in Exchange Server 2003.This is what I did: 1) Registry change - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold = REG_DWORD 0x00040000 2) Boot.ini change - /3GB switch and the USERVA setting added Thanks Jesper ...

Set focus on load
Could someone please tell me how to set the focus onto the first object (optBtnAdd) on Sheet1 in my workbook as soon as the file is opened? I know that in VB there is a form_load event, but I can't seem to understand how to get the equivelent in VB Excel, or what code to use (setfocus, or activate, etc.). The code, and placement of it would be most helpful. Thank you in advance God bless you andy See Chip Pearson his page about events http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm This event in the /thisworkbook module will run when you open the workbook Private Sub Workbook_Open() En...

Can I set-up a macro to undo a previously run macro?
is there an easy way set to up a macro to reverse the changes made by a previousy run marco? No, not generically I don't believe. It can only be done as far as I know by reversing each step of the original macro in another macro. Once a macro is run the 'Undo' greys out in the same way as if you save the file as code is executed and the 'Undo' is gone. I would be interested to hear any thoughts on this from other people on this as to the possibility of this, Regards, Alan. "bruatrocket" <bruatrocket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1548...

Open Table Descriptions without closing Table Names
Currently if you open the Table Descriptions window from the Table Names window, the Table Names window closes. You can reopen the Table Name window by clicking on the lookup button, but all of the selections are back to the defaults. Please change to allow the Table Descriptions window to open without closing the Table Names window. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow th...

Pivot table drop down issue
I have Excel 2003. My pivot table drop down boxes do not display the OK or Cancel buttons. The buttons are there. I can click in the appropriate area to take the action. Just can't see a button. Has anyone else had this problem? Any known fixes? Thanks much. slb ...

Picture format defaults in Excel
I receive from various sources excel spreadsheets with pictures and drawings on some sheets. However, the default Color image control is set to "Black and White" - Each time I need to Format picture and set the Color Control to "Automatic" for the coloured image to appear. Is there any way of setting this default to "Automatic" for any excel spreadsheets opened on my pc? ...

Excel 2003 default folder for Queries
Hello. How do I change the default folder for Data Sources queries? When I click on Data->Import External Data->Import Data..., it always defaults to "My Data Sources" in "My Documents". I want to change it to a different directory! Thanks in advance. I wanted to do this also. Following are the steps I took. I went into the registry and changed the folder name from My Data Sources to hoohah. Excel found hoohah in My Documents when I asked to Import Data. I then moved hoohah out of My Documents to GordStuff folder. When I went to Data>Import etc. Exce...

retrieve record sources error
hi all, i have posted this in the frontpage forum, but didn't find the answer so i am hoping someone here might be able to help with this error message. it appears to have something to do with the driver being used to retrieve the reocords that are in the db that was created by the wizard. using the fp2003 database wizard, i am trying to create a new database connection. i reach a point where i get the following error and i need to know what i am doing wrong or what i need to do to correct this. the error is : Server error: Unable to retrieve the list of record sources from a data...

Counting records according to an field value
I'm trying to get a simple matrix set up in MOSS that summarizes incident ticket totals. I just want it to count all the open, closed and resolved tickets and report them in a nice 2X4 matrix as a web part. ...