Set Association

When I receive an e-mail with an attachment I get the message 'Set
Association' in the control panel.  I have searched and cannot find this.
Is it maybe because I have Vista and the attachment is in Word?

--
Kind regards
Anna and Peter

0
Anna
2/11/2008 7:49:36 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

This newsgroup is for discussions about Microsoft Access, a relational
database program.  It sounds as if this question is related either to Vista
or to your e-mail program.  In any case another newsgroup would be a better
source of information.
By the way, when posting to any public newsgroup it is best to disguise your
e-mail address, especially if it is not otherwise available on the web (at a
business web site, for instance).

"Anna and Peter" <anna.peter2@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> When I receive an e-mail with an attachment I get the message 'Set
> Association' in the control panel.  I have searched and cannot find this.
> Is it maybe because I have Vista and the attachment is in Word?
>
> --
> Kind regards
> Anna and Peter
> La Passiflore B&B
> 0033 475 931276

0
BruceM

Setting up two seperate users at the same bank???
We both use US bank and would like to have both of our checking accounts in Money. It is not possible to differentiate the two accounts by slightly changing the name of the financial institution, like the 'help' says to do. It will no longer connect if changed. But if you don't differentiate between the two, it thinks both are the same person. Any suggestions?? In microsoft.public.money, Michelle wrote: >We both use US bank and would like to have both of our >checking accounts in Money. >It is not possible to differentiate the two accounts by >slightly c...

Setting a Default Print Range
I am using Microsoft Project 2002 and I was wondering if I can set a default range in the Gantt Chart. Rather than print all the chart I would like to print out the first ten or so columns on the left hand side of the Gantt Chart. Can this be set as a default as my colleagues forget to check it before they print it so it is wasting a lot of paper? TIA That is a project by project setting in File > Page Setup > View. If you set it that way in your templates, in theory, it should work - however if they create projects without templates, I am not sure how you would set it a...

Set desktop for default save in windows 7
How do I et desktop for default save in windows 7 In article <11B579ED-5C7D-46D5-943F-CCDE6C961D95@microsoft.com>, Mc wrote: > How do I et desktop for default save in windows 7 To be clear on what you're after: You want to set things so your office programs save by default to the Window desktop, is that correct? What version of Office do you have? ...

Word set up
When I installed word, I inadvertently hit the key board and inserted random text. Now whenever I start word I get a page with that random text, rather than a blank page. This is driving me nuts. Can someone suggest how I could remedy this? Thank you. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "the Skeeterman" <the Skeeterman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64E64AEF-EE8C-47C0-AAAC-E9005BACB5A1@microsoft.com... > When I installed word, I inadvertently hit the key board and insert...

How to set initial scroll position?
I have a CScrollView-derived view class with fixed height. I am setting the vertical scroll size based on this known height in OnInitialUpdate(). I also want to set the initial scroll position to the middle of the scroll range. But I cannot do it within OnInitialUpdate() as OnInitialUpdate() is called before the view window is displayed. So the height of the view is 0 and ScrollToPosition() has no effect. Where should the function ScrollToPosition() called? A hack would be to use a BOOL and call it in OnDraw(), but IMO, this is not the right way. Thanks for any help. Scott Thanks for re...

Setting Up a Recurring Meeting for 3rd Tuesday of Each Month
I know this is a basic question, but we just migrated from Lotus Notes to Outlook and I am having trouble finding features.... How do I set up a meeting to occur the 3rd Tueday of each month? I found the repeating option, but if I say repeat every 4th week, it doesn't necessarily fall on the 3rd Tuesday. Is there a way to do this without the add-in (Corporate Apps does now allow us to purchase / add add-ins for software due to "security" reasons). You don't state a) what version of Outlook you're using b) whether or not you're connecting to an Exchange server...

Dialing a contact: How do I set this up?
I have Outlook 2007 running on XP. When I open a contact, there is a tool to "call" the contact. How do I set up with my phone/modem to enable dialing a contact?? It's not in the help anywhere? Barry Milliken Outlook just uses the Windows dialer. If you don't know how to set up the Windows dialer, you'll need to ask in the correct OS group. It's not an Outlook issue. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uUXFXX0WHHA.388@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2007 running on X...

Financial Settings in CRM 3.0
Is there any way (supported or un) to change/undo the fiscal period template settings? -- --Dodd ...

tabs won't set in a style
I can't get Publisher 2007 to recognize a tab I have set in styles. I based the style on Normal. I have tried using "Update to Match Selection," clicking on a paragraph where I have a tab set as I want it. That doesn't work. I have tried setting the tab by modifying the style. That doesn't work either. What do I do? Thanks. I think most of your problems are the copy/paste from Word. Maybe pasting into WordPad, copy again, paste into Publisher. This should strip away all the formatting Word is transferring to Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer....

how do i set up an email account for another user on same puter
would like to know if a second user email account could be set up in office outlook Sure... what is the 'puter'? You could probably do this at the OS level. XP offers multiple users so they each get their own desktop and settings. Otherwise, you can have multiple profiles and be prompted for which profile to use in Outlook. http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/ha011471581033.aspx "barb567" <barb567@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF1D28E3-2000-4F91-9CB7-390B7F21B0A0@microsoft.com... > would like to know if a second user email accoun...

set report field forecolour based upon corresponding id entry in a 2nd report
hi, just joined..beginner i'm afraid.. if i have just read 'access help' properly it appears i should use condtional formatting to change a field colour in one report provided the 2nd report is open...can you advise the neccessary code format to use to refer to a 2nd report please as i'm not a programmer..hope this isn't too janet & john!.. thanx in advance, mike ...

Setting Lookup Values on Activities
I would like to know if its possible to do the following two things: 1. Set the default value for Lookups (regarding field) in Activities (Tasks, Phone Call, etc.) I found an old post by Ronald Lemmen that is likely for 3.0 and does not work for 4.0 @ http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/12/set-default-entity-on-lookup-window.html 2. Is it possible to restrict the items in the regarding field to specific ones? Thanks You can use this script in the form's onload() to default the lookup to Contact: if (crmForm.all.regardingobjectid != null) { crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.setAttr...

How to set display %
When I open word document(Word 2007), it is displayed in 172% size. How can I chanage this difault setting to for example, 100%? See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. churin wrote: > When I open word document(Word 2007), it is displayed in 172% size. > How can I chanage this difault setting to for example, 100%? Thank you very much for your help. Jay Freedman wrote: ...

trying to set up windows mail
i need some online help setting up my windows mail The Windows Mail program can only access the Yahoo Plus accounts (in the US). The free account doesn't provide POP3 access. If you have the Yahoo Plus account, then you can access their POP3 server... see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html;_ylt=Ass_US_H03SPhjBZ6x3TLkutKSd4 -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "lee" <kingfromqueens29@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Retaining user-defined chart settings when emailing document
I created several user-defined chart settings in an Excel spreadsheet. However, when I emailed this file to my coworkers, these settings were not attached when my coworkers opened the file on their respective computers. It appears that user defined settings are only available on the computer on which they were created. Is this true? Hogon - Do you mean user-defined chart types? They reside, as you surmise, on the computer where they were created. Last year I posted a technique to distribute user defined charts: http://www.google.co.uk/groups?selm=upsFhQ%23LEHA.1156%40TK2MSFTNGP09.p...

Set Outlook 2007 Calendar Work Week End Time to the next day
We have users in Outlook 2007 (ver: SP2 12.0.6521.5000) that when they want to set their calendar work week end time to be the next day (after midnight) they get an error: "The end date you entered occurs before the start date". This are users that work the overnight shift, how can they specify their work week? Backend: Exchange 2007 "helm" <helm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BEF5380-B9C3-4B87-93BE-814E4F0D47F1@microsoft.com... > We have users in Outlook 2007 (ver: SP2 12.0.6521.5000) that when they want > to set their calen...

Can I set up default Header/Footer fields?
the The majority of reports I create have the same logo and title format in the report header, and the same fields in the page footer. Is there any way these can be set as a default? I understand that controls won't work in a template, only overall formatting. Thanks Joanne See the suggestions in this article: Default forms, reports and databases at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-43.html That's what I actually do. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at m...

Help on setting a range
Here is my code. Dim LastRow, LastCol As Long Dim LastCell As Range Dim LastCellAddress As Range Dim intNumCols As Long Dim DataCells As Range 'Find the last row, column and last cell of the worksheet. LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row LastCol = ActiveSheet.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column 'Set LastCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(LastRow, LastCol) 'Select from "A2" to the last cell. Range("A2").Select Set DataCells = Cells("A2").Resize(LastRow, LastCol).Select I keep failing at the...

The setting you entered isn't valid for this property
Hello, I am trying to save the form in the formview, normally even though in the form view, I can save it. But bnow I have the error message box as follows: The setting you entered isn't valid for this property To see the valid settings for this property, search the help index for the name of the property Pls. help us how to solve this problem -- H. Frank Situmorang What version of Access and what OS are you using? How are you trying to save the form in FormView? Frank Situmorang wrote: >Hello, > >I am trying to save the form in the formview, normally even though in the ...

Remove existing property sets doesn't remove
I have created a new custom property sets in Visio 2003 Professional and it will not allow me the remove the existing property set and replace it with my new set. ...

change email account settings
Please help with chnaging my email account settings from MSN to Outlook. I'm using Windows XP. ...

Set Show Details as the Default in All Windows
Set 'Show Details' as the default in all windows, or allow user to set their preference ('Show Details' vs 'Hide Details'). Data displayed in Show Details is needed for account validation, etc. and to access additional fields, for example, Distribution Reference. Version 9.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsof...

Setting up second register, how to connect to database
I have customer running RMS 1.2 and need some help. 1) How do you connect to the server from the second register 2) Where is ther documentions on setting up a second register ? Help files? Thanks MikeF wrote: > I have customer running RMS 1.2 and need some help. > > 1) How do you connect to the server from the second register Do you have the 2nd register in your store database? Run Store Operation Administrator from the 2nd register and change in configuration the database path.. and set 2 in Register Number cod I am new to this system and not set up the first system. How do...

How do I plot several sets with different x values in the same plo
I need to know how can I plot in the same graph several sets (x,y) with different (and independent) values of the x for each. The scale is the same, but the values are different for each group. For example, in one of the sets, I have the y values for x=314,416.5,1290... and in other, I have the y values for x= 50,147,670... And I want to have the two different lines in the same graph, but one sparated from the other. Select the first series of XY values, Insert Chart XY, & select options to suit. Go back to your data sheet, select your second series of XY values, copy, go back to t...

need set up help kinda quickly
I am using gmail anf yahoo. i understand that Windows mail will not work with yahoo unless its a premium account. Is this true? Please help me set this up in as much detail as possible. Do i need a windows mail account? New to this and tried making it work on my own but i keep getting error message upon sending. So i prefer to just set up from scratch. Thanks Windows Mail is just a program. It doesn't offer accounts. You get the = mail accounts (which can be used in Windows Mail) elsewhere, typically from your ISP or a free mail provider like Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, or Yaho...