Sending a report to word then mailing it.

is there a way to send a report by email as a word doc.  i have messed about
with the button wizard and managed to get the report to attach to an email.
the only thing is it only attached as a rtf, txt or html file.  and these do
not show the report as it appears on access.  how can i do it, so the
recipient can print it off sa it is on my screen.

Cheers
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

To get the exact same report you need to export to Snapshot Format (viewer &
add-in Downloadable from microsoft)

Pieter

"Steve Moss" <SteveMoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to send a report by email as a word doc.  i have messed
> about
> with the button wizard and managed to get the report to attach to an
> email.
> the only thing is it only attached as a rtf, txt or html file.  and these
> do
> not show the report as it appears on access.  how can i do it, so the
> recipient can print it off sa it is on my screen.
>
> Cheers

0
Pieter
11/20/2007 3:58:46 PM
Print the report to a PDF or a snapshot and you'll get a faithful (yet
uneditable) reproduction.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Steve Moss" <SteveMoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to send a report by email as a word doc.  i have messed
> about
> with the button wizard and managed to get the report to attach to an
> email.
> the only thing is it only attached as a rtf, txt or html file.  and these
> do
> not show the report as it appears on access.  how can i do it, so the
> recipient can print it off sa it is on my screen.
>
> Cheers

0
Arvin
11/20/2007 4:07:41 PM
Pieter
thanks for you speedy response
Is there a way to do it without downloading snap shot.  the items i will be
sending will be used by the military and i am not sure if the individual
people have rights download things.  would PDF work, as i know they have this.

"Pieter Wijnen" wrote:

> To get the exact same report you need to export to Snapshot Format (viewer &
> add-in Downloadable from microsoft)
>
> Pieter
>
> "Steve Moss" <SteveMoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > is there a way to send a report by email as a word doc.  i have messed
> > about
> > with the button wizard and managed to get the report to attach to an
> > email.
> > the only thing is it only attached as a rtf, txt or html file.  and these
> > do
> > not show the report as it appears on access.  how can i do it, so the
> > recipient can print it off sa it is on my screen.
> >
> > Cheers

sorry to sound dim, how would i go about doing that.  I would like to attach
this procedure to a button too.

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> Print the report to a PDF or a snapshot and you'll get a faithful (yet
> uneditable) reproduction.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Steve Moss" <SteveMoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > is there a way to send a report by email as a word doc.  i have messed
> > about
> > with the button wizard and managed to get the report to attach to an
> > email.
> > the only thing is it only attached as a rtf, txt or html file.  and these
> > do
> > not show the report as it appears on access.  how can i do it, so the
> > recipient can print it off sa it is on my screen.
> >
> > Cheers

You need a PDF printer and you can use one of the free ones like CutePDF. I
prefer to use Win2PDF

http://www.win2pdf.com

although it cost me $35, I can program it and it has more features. In any
case, if you set the default printer or save the printer for that report
from your PDF printer, the report will print/save as a PDF. The same thing
happens with a snapshot format, but you may have to also send (or send a
link) to the Snapshot Reader. Since almost everyone has a PDF reader, it is
probably preferable. If you don't want to always print the report as a PDF,
just use File >>> Print to change the printer and print the report.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

> sorry to sound dim, how would i go about doing that.  I would like to
> attach
> this procedure to a button too.
>
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Print the report to a PDF or a snapshot and you'll get a faithful (yet
>> uneditable) reproduction.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> "Steve Moss" <SteveMoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > is there a way to send a report by email as a word doc.  i have messed
>> > about
>> > with the button wizard and managed to get the report to attach to an
>> > email.
>> > the only thing is it only attached as a rtf, txt or html file.  and
>> > these
>> > do
>> > not show the report as it appears on access.  how can i do it, so the
>> > recipient can print it off sa it is on my screen.
>> >
>> > Cheers

0
Arvin
11/20/2007 4:32:18 PM
Many thanks arvin
I will give it a try

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> You need a PDF printer and you can use one of the free ones like CutePDF. I
> prefer to use Win2PDF
>
> http://www.win2pdf.com
>
> although it cost me $35, I can program it and it has more features. In any
> case, if you set the default printer or save the printer for that report
> from your PDF printer, the report will print/save as a PDF. The same thing
> happens with a snapshot format, but you may have to also send (or send a
> link) to the Snapshot Reader. Since almost everyone has a PDF reader, it is
> probably preferable. If you don't want to always print the report as a PDF,
> just use File >>> Print to change the printer and print the report.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Steve Moss" <SteveMoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > sorry to sound dim, how would i go about doing that.  I would like to
> > attach
> > this procedure to a button too.
> >
> > "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Print the report to a PDF or a snapshot and you'll get a faithful (yet
> >> uneditable) reproduction.
> >> --
> >> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> >> http://www.datastrat.com
> >> http://www.mvps.org/access
> >> http://www.accessmvp.com
> >>
> >> "Steve Moss" <SteveMoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Word Track Changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am working on a large document with several other people where we use track changes. The person's changes show in blue on their version of the document but when I open it they appear grey. I look at my preferences and grey isn't selected as an option. Any ideas? You most likely have the color set to Auto in which case reformatted text is marked with the default [usually black/gray] color. The other individual probably has the color set to Blue or By Author. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/14...

Any word on CRM 1.2 release date?
Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? And will CRM 1.2 work with SBS2003 that was just released? -kw "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ehxGoPvnDHA.644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? > > This depends on where you are based. I've just got home from an MS course, and we told that in Australia it will release to the partners at the conference late next month, and will be released to customers on 12/1/04. It was also confirmed that it will run on SBS2003 - it will ru...

SRM 3.0 for SBS
Trying to "test" install CRM 3.0 for SBS on a SBS 2003 Premium R2 server. Installation gives option to install a sql Report Server or use existing. The one it tries to install is SQL 2000 and the screen says it is not compatible with other versions of SQL. So will the install allow you to connect to the SBS 2003's SQL 2005 Workgroup Report Server? Can;t find this answer anywhere! Thanks, KBB In answer to your first question, yes. You have to install SQL 2005 Reporting Services, then connect to this during CRM setup "KBB" <kbbnospam@dontspamme123.org> w...

Mail deleting from virtual inbox
When I open windows mail it automatically downloads and it deletes it from my virtual yahoo inbox, is there a way i can get it to stop deleting it or being able to place those messages back in my inbox to retrieve anywhere? also, it doesnt allow me to send messages so i cant foward them to myself! Thanks, i appreciate ur help! Erika Hey Erika. I was having similar problem a while back. I remember in my webmail (optus) there was an option at the bottom of the list of emails (delete after download). I had to untick this box. You may have something similar, maybe in tools?? Just be aw...

How big is the outgoing mail messages
Is there any way to see how big mail the user are sending or receiving. And who's sending the mail. I have exchange 5.5 and windows 2000 /RO ...

Outlook pop up windows stops outgoing mail
In the last 3 weeks I continue to get a pop up window titled "Enter Network Password". There is a key icon and the request: "Please type your user name and password." It then list my Server: (entered) Password: (entered with asterisk showing) I continually enter my Outlook password with Bellsouth and click the box "Save this password in your password list" and click "OK". Everything then works alright and then the window pops up again in 5 minutes. It happens over and over again. Anybody have any ideas on how to eliminate this? I use XP Pr...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

Can I replace word by word in italics?
Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to replace a word by the same word in Italics? -- Marv Not in Publisher, but you can in Word using wildcards. Might try copy/paste into Word, do the editing, copy/paste back into Publisher Help here http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "WISEMANOFNARNIA" <COHENMARVIN@LYCOS.COM> wrote in message news:1f5149a6-f337-4db7-9aed-78132e9c9ae8@j12g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to > replace a word by ...

Writing to word 2007
I have a 2003 access database that writes data to text fields in a 2003 word document, no problems, I have now upgraded the database to 2007, and the same code although it appears to run ok, does not actually update the word document fields, i also tried converting the word document from 2003 to 2007. I data transfer using code from within access any thoughts? So no error message; it just doesn't seem top update, right. See this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/242017 I do it with docvariables. Are you using docvariables? If so, read this: http://w...

Sent Mail items not showing up
Using Outlook 2002 w/SP2 on WinXP Pro. Unable to view items in Sent Item folder (Outlook shows normal blank window with "there are no items to show in this view") even though the Item count in the lower left shows over 2600 msgs in the Sent Items folder. It keeps increasing as new msgs are sent. Using the standard view, all standard columns, with NO Filter set. Anybody seen this before? Any ideas? ...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...

Move / Migrate Mail
I currently have my Exchange server hosted off site. I am looking to move this in house, of course I don't own the hardware the server is currently on. So I will be building a new server. The current server (hosted) is in its own domain - I did not make this but I have to support it-, I have duplicate accounts for email, plus some only email accounts. I am looking for suggestions to accomplish this task. My idea was to add all the user accounts that are currently 'email only' to my domain so all my accounts match.... Make my Exchange server and mailboxes. Then should I u...

deleting mail on exit not working
hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem thanks in advance Am 6 Sep 2005 12:04:27 -0700 schrieb jjlopez45@gmail.com: > hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items > folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to > slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option > keeps uncheck...

Reporting Bugs to Microsoft
I have found a bug in Exchange 2003, does anyone know how I report this? Whats the bug? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "fatiefats" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:682EE703-4471-4D68-9359-CD32DD34DA9D@microsoft.com... >I have found a bug in Exchange 2003, does anyone know how I report this? I attempted to uninstall Exchange server. I need to do this because the domain controller was incorrectly installed. Anyway I am getting this message: Setup encountered an error while checking prereq...

sending web pages
My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you Copy/paste the link instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: David Davidson <ddavidson@adelphia.net> asked: | My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or | the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a | potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you ...

Send Button Disappeared

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

Outlook prompts a errorr report
Hi, All my Outlook2003 always prompts :"! tasks"Microsoft Exchange Server" report a error(0x8004010F):"operation failure. can't find a object. But My outlook2003 send/receive email is normal.It can send and receive email. Then how can I solve this problems .thanks. !����Microsoft Exchange Server�������˴���0x8004010F):"����ʧ�ܡ��Ҳ���ij������ Nothing you can do from the client side as this message could mean that one or all key system folders on Exchange server are not being replicated/populated with information. The system folders I refer to are: Offline A...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

moving text from a word document to excel
I'm moving a large amount of text from word documents to an excel spreedsheet, and I have a few questions: 1. When I copy/paste text from the document to the spreedsheet, the text will sometimes expand the cell very large. How can I keep all the cells the same size? 2. When I click on a cell that has text in it to read it, sometimes it will only show the text in a long downwards column, whereas other times it shows it as a big 'blurb' to the right side (which makes it easier to read). How can I set it up so it is not in a long column? 3. How can I insert cells without h...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

Is word clipart on commercial website newsletter for free?
Do I have permission to use the the Word clipart on my website newsletter? or do I pay royalties to anyone? See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030900871033.aspx -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CC29933-28E2-4C5A-84DD-30A0BCF19B22@microsoft.com... > Do I have permission to use the the Word clipart on my website newsletter? > or > do I pay royalties to anyone? ...

Outlook 2003 Send & Receive Button
I've lost the Send & Receive Button from my toolbar and I can't seem to find a way to get it back. Any ideas? Verify tht you still have account configured int Tools-> E-mail Accounts-> Next If they are still there reset the Standard Toolbar through View-> Toolbars-> Customize -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Vic Mc" <Vic Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5983862-5F51-4141...