sending a form

Good day,

I am trying to create an issue tracker where one can use a form to assign
someone from a given list to a task and then notify them of the task by being
able to send the person an email containing the form. So far, I have only
been able to create a macro that sends the entire database (and the user has
to manually enter the email address). Any ideas on how to automate all of
this?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can only natively do this in Access 2007. For earlier versions try Easy
Survey:

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/easy_survey/
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"mlagace" <mlagace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good day,
>
> I am trying to create an issue tracker where one can use a form to assign
> someone from a given list to a task and then notify them of the task by
> being
> able to send the person an email containing the form. So far, I have only
> been able to create a macro that sends the entire database (and the user
> has
> to manually enter the email address). Any ideas on how to automate all of
> this?

0
Arvin

Form creates unwanted rows in table
I've created an asset database which keeps track of computers, laptops etc. There is one company which has many departments and every department has many rooms. (surprise, surprise) There are four tables: tables Department and Asset and two "middle" tables DepartmentRoom and AssetRoom. The table structures are as follows: DEPARTMENT id name dep_type dep_num etc... ASSET id name a_type ip_num vendorID serial_num etc... DEPARTMENTROOM id name depID (foreign key to department) ASSETROOM id assetID (foreign key to asset) roomID (foreign key to depa...

Can you automatically date stamp emails that you send out? #2
My emails need a date stamp on them as I send them. It does not appear that you can do this..does someone have an idea to do this? Thanks ...

Verzonden berichten namens wil ik niet in mijn eigen 'Send Items'
Ik heb een persoonlijke en een groepsmailbox in mijn outlook(2000). Als ik nu een bericht verzend namens de groepsmailbox komt dit bericht in mijn persoonlijke "Send Items' terecht. Je raad het al, ik wil graag dat dit in de "Send Items" van de groepsmailbox komt. Heeft iemand enig idee hoe??? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Bedankt, Peter Hoi Peter, Er wordt hier voornamelijk Engels gesproken om een zo breed mogelijk publiek aan te spreken. Voor jou probleem is niet direct een oplossing. Je kan wel een Wizard Regel zetten die een kopie in een andere map plaatst bij...

SendMessage() to NotePad (Trying to Send CTRL+F to notepad)
I'm trying to send a CONTROL-F command to notepad. However, the code below just types in an 'f' in the edit box. Here it is: (editbox_hwnd refers to the HWND of the editbox of notepad) PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYDOWN, VK_CONTROL, 0); PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYDOWN, 'F', 0); PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYUP, 'F', 0); PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYUP, VK_CONTROL, 0); Any ideas why this isn't working? Thanks ...

Paper Data Entry Form
Hello, I have a form with many fields. Some of the fields are combo boxes based on value lists where the value list could have up to 5 different choices. Field Example: Incision Dimension (Value List: 2.0, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4) I need a paper copy of the form that users can fill out. Is there an easy way to do this such that the fields which are combo boxes will be presented with all the value list choices (i.e., Incision Dimension (2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4) so the user is aware of all the choices and perhaps circles the relevant one? I know I could print the form but it would not capture the value o...

hide a text box in a continuous form
I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF as well. There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here: http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm A2K or Higher Only! New Feb 08,2002...

Can receive e-mails but cannot send any....
I have everything set up for my e-mails to get sent in from my AIM account but when i go to send an e-mail this is what i get Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop.aim.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Please, Please, Please help me. I'm trying to respond to an ad on craiglist. That's not a send error, it is a receive error. 'Invalid command' in this case probably means you tried to use an option that the server does not support. ...

SAVING CHANGES TO FORM SHUTS DOWN DATABASE!
It's the weirdest thing: I have worked in this form a thousand times...and mever a problem before, but now all of a sudden when I go into the design view of the form to edit controls when I save, I get an error message that wants to send an error reprot to microsoft and then it shuts down my database and creates a backup. What happened? Why does this only happen on this one form and not any others? I have experienced this also in another database in the past...and I remember I could do nothing to resolve it: I tried SELECT ALL and copying all of the objects to a new form - still ...

SQL statement in form text control
Hello! In a social services DB, one of the reports is all incidents involving a particular client. There are a few thousand records. I am using an SQL statement which filters records by the client's full name and Birthdate. The SQL is sent to the rowsource property of a combo box. The combination of name and DOB provides 1 unique client. (or none if the DOB is mis-entered or is wrong) The report (controlled by a query with parameters provided by the DOB text control and the combo box.) The combo box seems to be just one more thing to click through, so I thought of changi...

Print scrollable user form.
I have a user form that uses scroll bars. I added a button at th bottom of the form to print what is on the user form. The cod executed is userform.Printform. The only part of the form that print is the part of the form that is in the user window. How can I get th whole form to print, including what is out of the user window? Thanks, Crai -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39291 ...

Filter custom lookup field according to another field on form
Customising the form for a "Case". In the "Overview" section of the "General" tab there is a "Customer" field which corresponds to the "Account" or "Customer" (company, if you like) associated with the Case. I have added a "Contact" attribute as a Lookup which will associate the "Case" with a particular "Contact" belonging to the "Customer"/"Account" (by creating a relationship in the "Contact" entity, which is then exposed as an attribute in the "Case" form). How...

Send a report from Access97
I have n Access97 database which produces a report. When I try to e-mail it I get an error message stating that the e-mail could not be sent due to the previous error. Problem is, there is not a previous error. At least none that I can find. nothing in the evet log either E-mail is through Outlook 2003, installed as a part of Office 2003. This same PC also has Access 2000 installed onit as we have several different Access databases written in each version of Access. Is there something I need to set up in either Access or Outlook?? Thanks in advance for any suggestinos provided. ...

unable to send email 06-24-10
I am getting this message when I attempt to send an email from a secondary email address, (not the one set as default) The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: test3 2', Account: 'Events Manager', Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks, Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced, then change port 25 to port 80. Click OK Try sending. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Greg" wrote in message news:59256AD8-35...

Creating Form, Need 1st 2 lines of field to indent, 3rd to wrap
I'm creating a form for myself to enter into. I have lines that are formatted in what they call "Indented Block" - I have a heading on the left margin, which I don't touch when filling in the form, the field starting at an indent of 3", the 2nd line of the field if it's long enough to wrap to also be at 3" and any lines after that to wrap back to the left margin. Kinda like this: heading: field 2nd line of field 3rd line of field continued BUT, I need to be able to indent the 3rd line also to 3" if it's too short &...

keeps trying to send
Sometimes Outlook gets "stuck" trying to perform a task. The send/receive status starts with something like "performing task 1 of 3." Then, a little while later (just a few minutes), another line of "performing task x of y" will appear. Then another and another, each line appearing at regular intervals (never timed it but I'd guess it was about 4 min intervals, see below). This goes on until they shut down outlook and/or reboot the computer. Mostly this happens when there is an outgoing message that for some reason doesn't seem to want to go. They fr...

Deleting a large email that will not send
Hi, I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it, only to bounce up against the limitation, and then kicks back an error. Then, a few minutes later, it tries again -- and the same thing happens. I want to find this unsent email to delete it and stop the madness, but am having no luck. Any ideas? thanks jeff On 3/25/10 2:04 PM, jeffo wrote: > I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac > 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it...

Outlook 2000 fails to send HTML formatted messages
Gentlemen: When I try to send an HTML or RFT formmatted message I get the following response: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you are working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about the problem. We have created an error report ............... The error report states: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1255 Offset: 00006d79 I am using Windows XP professional, Word 2000, Outlook 2000. I am able to send plain t...

Please help! MS Exchange Server is sending personal info!
I have all my personal banking, credit card numbers, passwords, drivers license #, ect, on in my contacts. And some sensitive info in notes. My company just changed to an inhouse server and is using ms exchange and it copied my contacts folder to the server, which can certainly be viewed by anybody in the office. And I run the risk of all this going everywhere. I went on the internet site and deleted everything I could, but now I can never go into outlook while being connected to the internet. Please help! What is the best solution? Thanks, Wendy Mark your contact properties in the permissi...

How to call a JS function on the form loading?
How to call the function validate() on the form loading? There is a form in which another program will fill some text boxes automatically. I need this JS function to test the value of text boxes and give user a alert if any text box is empty. <script type="text/javascript"> function validate() { var t1 = document.getElementById('<%=txtOrderProduct.ClientID%>'); var t2 = document.getElementById('<%=txtOrderBy.ClientID%>'); if(t1.value == "" && t2.value == "") { alert("Empty'); } }...

i want to send a picture to hotmail.com
i have perfected a photo in microsoft and want to send it to my email...hotmail? also would like to send it to my facebook page You've posted in a newsgroup dedicated to the product Microsoft Project. Project cannot send photos via email nor does it interact with Facebook. That being said, to learn how to use Hotmail, read Hotmail's Help files. It will explain how to upload the photo. Likewise, read how to use Facebook by reading their Help files. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 23/04/10 03:30, molars wrote: > i have perfected a photo in microsoft ...

Outlook quits sending and receiving
We are on a peer to peer network and one of the computers on the network seems to have a problem with Outlook 2000 where he'll be able to send and receive mail and then all of a sudden 3 or 4 times a day you get the message that it can't send the mail and the only way to resolve it is to log off the computer and then log back on or to reboot the computer. We have reinstalled outlook a few times and have done all the updates that are out there as of today. Any idea what causes this problem. We are all using Windows 2000 professional as our operating system. ...

Editing the message body in an outlook forms
I'm trying to create some email templates for my office, and would like to have them in the organisational forms library. I've tried creating a new form, but I can't workout how to edit the message body.... it inserts my email signature (which is a pain in the ass.) but i can't edit it ? Obviously I could create a new signature, with the body of my text, and save the form then, but there has to be an easier way? Run the form. Edit the text in the message body. Choose Tools | Forms | = Publish Form.=20 And next time, turn off your signature before starting a forms design = ...

Send/Receive doesn't work until changing folders.
An Outlook 2000 client on WinXP w/ an Exchange 5.5 email server, new mail does not arrive in the inbox until the folder is changed, like from inbox to deleted items. Then all the new Email messages come into the inbox. Clicking on Send/Receive also retreives them. I though new messages automaticall go to the inbox on Exchange. ...

Filter by form using a multiselect listbox
Hi All, I have been able to build a query that is filtered by a selection in a Listbox, but now i want to use a multi select list box so that two or more items can be included in the query. I constructed the query pointing to the Listbox but all I get is an empty dataset. How can this be accomplished? As always your help is appreciated. Regards, John Dumay Hi John, For a multiselect listbox to work as a filter you need to create another query based on the listbox. Put this code for execution between the selection of the listbox and running your main query ****Start of code***** ...

Custom form could not be opened???
Ran into this issue yesterday, and am completely stumped: User has an email that when he double-clicks on it to open it he received the following message: "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. The object could not be found". After saying OK to that warning then the email comes up. What's weird is when you first go into OL there is no icon for the message (no envelope) until you single click on it. Furthermore, after the email opens up then the message cannot be printed and the following message is returned: "One or mo...