selected item in listbox turn red instead of black

How can I make the back color of the selected item in a listbox turn red
instead of black when clicked?

Thanks
--
deb
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Is there a shorter version.  That is a bit of overkill for what I need.

I just want the selected item to turn red instead of black.  Not each row a
different color.

Any other suggestions
--
deb

"Wayne-I-M" wrote:

> Hi Deb
>
> Check the link
>
> http://www.lebans.com/listboxenhanced.htm
>
> Good luck
>
> --
> Wayne
> Manchester, England.
>

> "deb" wrote:
>

> > How can I make the back color of the selected item in a listbox turn red
> > instead of black when clicked?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > deb

CListView losing items
Hi, I have a problem with a CListView in report mode. I can add items but when I add the 10:th (or any > #10) item it's subtexts aren't shown, but is rather shown in the last element in the view (sorted by column #1 (ints showing the row number)) so far always the ninth element. result: 1 text 10 11 2 text 3 text 4 text 5 text 6 text 7 text 8 text 9 text corsponding to # 11 I can't figure this one out. Can someone please help me? For something like this you should post some code.. But here is how to fix half of your problem. get the return valu...

Selecting a filepath based on cell contents
ok ill try and explain this as easily as i can. I export a csv daily (1-Borrowed Hours ddmm.csv) ddmm would be the date and month I keep this folder in a similar filepath to the below g:\folder1\folder2ddmm\1-borrowed Hours ddmm.csv I have another spreadsheet that links to this spreadhseet for example lets say cell A1 on my new book links to cell A1 on the saved csv file. i would like to place a date in cell c1 and month d1 in my new book and the filepath change to the required new csv. I realise that if the path does not exist then this will cause an error. I tried using the concatenat...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

Discontiuned inventory items
Once an item in inventory has been marked as discontinued and has a quantity on hand of zero, the user should have the option of removing it from lookup lists throughout the sales order processing and inventory modules WITHOUT removing history for the item and deleting the item. Can you please tell me how to do this? Is there a way to get the quantity to zero so that I can delete it? We are changing part numbers (again). I have over 700 parts in GP's and need only about 75 and I have never, in five years, been able to figure out how to do this. Any help you can give me would ...

matching items #2
Peter I am aware of the using filter on what worksheet, however i am being bit basic with what i am trying to achieve. I need the information t be on a seperate worksheet in a completely different arrangemen basically like a report with the information what i need being shown. am strying to show the principle in what i am trying to do with m quaestion. Thanks anyway. Ton -- tony lindsle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tony lindsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1499 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

Why does forumula show in cell instead of formula result?
Sometimes when I enter a formula into an Excel cell, the formula itself is displayed in the cell instead of the formula result. However, when I open Formula Wizard, the Wizard shows the correct formula result that should be displayed in the cell. Why does this happen and how do I get it to stop happening? It sounds like the cell is formatted as TEXT. Change the cell format to General. Then, with the cell still selected hit function key F2 then hit Enter. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ashley" <Ashley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6...

Setup dropdown list that selection references another dropdown
How do you create a dropdown list that references another dropdown list? ex: selection #1 references the selections in another dropdown list and selection #2 references the selections in a different dropdown list Hi Denny, I am really not sure if you mean dependant lists (or cascading dropdowns as they are often called). If so, then have a look at the following link. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html If not what you want then need some more explanation. -- Regards, OssieMac "Denny" wrote: > How do you create a dropdown list that referen...

Error "Unable to Read Item" opening .msg files
I am having intermittent problems where a user will have saved a .MSG file from Outlook 2003, and then is unable to open it later. By default, these saved files are marked read-only, and the following error is displayed "Microsoft Office Outlook - You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." If the read-only option is unchecked, they receive the following error trying to open the file "Microsoft Office Outlook - Unable to read the item." This problem seems to occur randomly to different users. All of my users are using Outlook 20...

Vlookup
Dear all, For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks & regards, Automne Look at the MATCH function in Help. On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:41:39 +0800, "automne" <hersbt_no_spam@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: >Dear all, > >For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it >possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? > >Your help is highly appreciated. > >Thanks & regards,...

select multiple items from dropdown
hello everyone, i have a table which is populated using a form. one of the fields is person's name, the dropdown for which picks up data from a second table (which has an index and person's name). what i want to do is modify the form so that a user can select multiple items from the dropdown, but i havent been able fo find a way to do so. i am using access 2003. i know that access 2007 lets you do that, but i dont have an option of upgrading right now. i would appreciate your suggestions thanks, vc-programmer Create a related table, where you can store many options for one...

Sub select in LINQ
Hi, I'm trying to write a sub select in linq to generete the list of users. I have an XML like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <UserConfig> <Users> <User id="1" loginId="arun" firstName="Arunkumar" lastName="Dharuman" > <assignedRoles> <id>1</id> </assignedRoles> </User> <User id="2" loginId="arun" firstName="Arunkumar" lastName="Dharuman" > <assignedRoles>...

Can I arrange items on my clipboard in a specific order?
Is it possible to change the arrangement of items in my clipboard to a certain order to make it more usable for me? Thanks! ...

Reading other users 'sent items' folders
Hi all, When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for others to view the sent items folder? This does not appear as an option. Alternatively is there any other method to implement this? Many thanks - ras - Hi Craig! In Outlook you can right-click on Sent Items, select Properties, open Permissions tab and delegate appropriate permissions for other users. R.V. "Craig Pilkington" wrote: > Hi all, > > When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for > others to view the sent items folder? This does n...

Lookup value selection
Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard and avoid mouse click? -- romeo!! Please clarify. I could use the up and down arrow to select the values and then press "Enter" key to select the lookup value - works for me in v4.0. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "romeo" wrote: > Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard > and avoid mouse click? > > -- > romeo!! ...

From VBA: How to select a column by column number instead of letter? #2
I'm in MS Access and don't know from column letters - all my constants are in terms of column number. I'd like to select, say, column number 7 and hide it.... ? -- PeteCresswell Gord and I sent you a macro solution for EXCEL as this is an Excel ng. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message news:uch701tveuot081n0q0h9rpq1r0c24v1sc@4ax.com... > I'm in MS Access and don't know from column letters - all my constants are in > terms of column number. > > I'd like to select, say, column number...

Tracking PST items in CRM
I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his computer in CRM. When he clicks the "Track in CRM" button, he gets an error message about it not being in an active folder or something similar. Is it possible to track PST items in CRM? Thanks in advance. Only the default Outlook/Exchange/PST folder is being synch with Microsoft CRM. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Herb Powell" wrote: > I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his > computer in CRM. When he clicks ...

Startup Item pops up twice, taskbar color flips
On an Acer Aspire One, I put a notepad TO DO file in All Users Startup and it comes up twice. On this machine, I also have a wierdness in that the taskbar sometimes comes up Blue XP and others grey (like Win 98). - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows...

text selection bug?
Sometimes, when I copy paste from a web site I cannot make a selection of the lines of the text I pasted using the keyboard keys "left alt+left shift+up or down arrows". However I can select it using the mouse, but not using the keyboard. Is this a bug? On Jan 12, 7:38=A0am, "minimus" <mini...@live.co.uk> wrote: > Sometimes, when I copy paste from a web site I cannot make a selection of > the lines of the text I pasted using the keyboard keys "left alt+left > shift+up or down arrows". However I can select it using the mouse, but n...

Insert Picture from dropdown selection
I'm working at a Marina and trying to make a comparison chart for different types of boats. I am trying to make a list, and based upon the users selection of a boat, insert a corresponding picture to match the boat selected from that list. I've researched other thread discussions, and tried to approach it this way, as reccommended by Ron Coderre: Select Sheet2 and turn off Grid Lines (Tools>Options>View tab:Uncheck Grid Lines) 1)For each picture to be displayed: 1a. Insert>Picture from file. (select picture, put it in the sheet and resize it). 1b. Select the range of cel...

include credit notes in select cheques without applying
the ability to include a credit note in a select cheques run without having to apply it to any invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ee64b37f-41ab-4036-a...

How do I use flash drive in Excel.(selected drive is not in use)
I have an IBM Lotus 123 file that is on a flash drive. I want to bring it into a 60 day trial of Excel. The flash drive is plugged into a USB port and my file is on the flash drive. The error message is"The selected disk drive is not in use. Check to be sure disk is inserted." It is insurted and I have tried 3 USB places on my new Sony computer. Do you have any suggestions? Douglas Does the flash drive show up in My Computer? If not, and if either the computer is new or the drive is new to the computer, then you should wait at least 30 seco...

Selecting only some of the drop down options
I have a form set up that uses a query as a records source. I have 5 different drop downs to choose from with the criteria in the query set up as like below to link to the form >=[Forms]![Selected Criteria Form]![Year] By setting up this way, you need to select something from all 5 drop down lists for it to work. How would I set it up where I could select anywhere from 1 to 5 of the drop down options? Not necessarily. There is a technique you can use that will solve that problem; however, I need to know if the drop downs are on the form you are filtering, or are you making s...

Error: "The file(s) could not be saved to the selected folder"
Hi, I need help with Groove: I'm trying to save one of Groove folders to my local disk, and keep getting this error message: - Save File(s) Error - The file(s) could not be saved to the selected folder. The file path may be too long or you may not have access to the selected folder. Please select another folder. Any idea? ...

how to turn off preview in explorer
OS: vista 64 with latest patches GS, A simple google search with your subject yielded this address: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/116098-preview-pane-vista-windows-explorer.html Hope it solves your question. Carlos "GS" wrote: > OS: vista 64 with latest patches > > > . > thx, the link could have been useful however I found the turn of preview pane icon in the tool bar. I don't want the classic view as a side note the folder option->view tab did not help me "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Multiple selection list box...
I have a multiple selection listbox on a dialog box. When the user picks the listbox items and clicks "OK" my program draws to the main screen. If the user reopens the previous dialog box, I want the previously chosen listbox choices to be highlighted. How would I do this? Thanks, RABMissouri Store the selection in a common place like the Document or MainFrame or the App and do the selection in the OnInitDialog() member function of your dialog. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "RBert" <drbert@microcore.net> wrote in m...