secure db @ login: could not save; currently locked by another us.

We are in the process of updating our PCs from Windows 2002 to XP
Professional.
On four of the 20 updated PCs, when a user tries to open the db, the message
"could not save: currently locked by another user" pops up.  The message is
PC specific and the db can not be opened by that PC until all other users
close the db.  Any ideas on a setting that might need to be changed on those
four PCs?  Tools, Options, Advance is set to "No Locked Records" in the db.
It seems a setting on the individual PCs needs to be changed.

Thanks for anything you can suggest to eliminate the problem.

Michelle

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Michelle@PVHS" <Michelle@PVHS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are in the process of updating our PCs from Windows 2002 to XP
> Professional.
> On four of the 20 updated PCs, when a user tries to open the db, the
> message
> "could not save: currently locked by another user" pops up.  The message
> is
> PC specific and the db can not be opened by that PC until all other users
> close the db.  Any ideas on a setting that might need to be changed on
> those
> four PCs?  Tools, Options, Advance is set to "No Locked Records" in the
> db.
> It seems a setting on the individual PCs needs to be changed.
>
> Thanks for anything you can suggest to eliminate the problem.
>
> Michelle

It sounds like a NTFS permissions problem. Access tries to create a .LDB
(Database Locking File) when multiple users are in the db. Is the
application a split db? Do those users have the Modify, Read, and Write
permissions in the shared folder where the backend db is? Try to just create
a new text file in that folder when logged on as one of those users from one
of those PCs. If you can't, you need to look at the permissions.

0
Ron

Entourage 2K8 lock ups

Keystrokes and mouse clicks to another app
Hi all, I'm managing a project that will, as part of it, require me (so I'm told) to type in 800 NI numbers. I have the numbers in a file, but they can't (or won't) upload them. I was therefore considering writing an app that will enter these numbers via their interface, by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks to their window. I'm guessing that I need to get a handle to it and then send it messages, but that's as far as I've got. I believe that the app is web-based, running in IE6. It may be more effort to do it this way, of course, but it'll be a lot more int...

How do I save my Customized Outlook Today when it will not save b.
I am trying to set my Outlook Today to the Winter settings. I will go into Customize Outlook Today, make the changes I want, then I will click "Save Changes." What I want it displayed, untill I go to...say my inbox. When I go be to Outlook Today, it displayes the default settings again. How can I fix this? ...

What is the different between the Canidian Edition and US?? Why Canada only have Standard???
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

Excel VBA
Hi. Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet fro another workbook into another different workbook? If so....how? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try recoding a macro while doing this manually. And yes it is possible :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cjh1984 >" <<cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi. > > Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet from > another workbook into another different workbook? ...

Alternative to common dialog / save as?
I'm using a skinning component which causes the default showSave dialog to appear misaligned and discolored (nothing I can do other than to stop working with the component). Is there a different way to show a standard "save as" dialog box? Maybe something without the search bar etc.? Thank you "John Smith" <spam@not-a-real-domain-name.com> wrote in message news:e2dGGWdCLHA.5412@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using a skinning component which causes the default showSave dialog to > appear misaligned and discolored (nothing I can do ot...

Digital Signature Capture Delivers Real Savings
If you're interested in signature capturing on PDF or TIFF documents generated from IBM AS/400, iSeries or Windows Applications, check out our educational webinar below. Signed documents can be stored in Sharepoint. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/933091792 ...

Default save of unsent messages to inbox NOT drafts: Why?
My Outlook automatically/by default saves unsent messages to the inbox not the drafts folder. Why? And how may I change this? Thank you. Vere Scott What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | My Outlook automatically/by default saves unsent messages | to the inbox not the drafts folder. Why? And how may I | change this? | | Thank you. | | Vere Scott ...

Rename database Object from another Database
I need to Delete a table and rename other table with the name of the deleted table. But I wan to do all this from another database using VBA Hi, you can do something like this, air code to show the idea: dim dbs as database set dbs=dbengine.opnedatabase ("c:\my.mdb") dim tdf as tabledef set tdf=dbs.tabledefs("MyTable") tdf.name="NewTableName" dbs.close and you can use TableDefs.Delete to delete table -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "Manuelauch" <Manuelauc...

Finding the currently selected cell in another worksheet
Hi, In Excel 2002 I want to display the current row of worksheet A in worksheet B (in another format). Does anyone know how to do this? Ideal would be if this updates automatically, but performance wise I guess a macro activated by a button in worksheet A would be the best solution. TBH, Jeroen Jeroen, I don't know of a way in a formula to determine the active cell of the worksheet. Worksheets other than the active one don't have an active cell. I think macros are the only way. Put this in a regular module: Public Roww As Long Put this in the sheet A module: Private Sub W...

credit card trans from one to another
My wife has her own copy of money 2003 on her own computer. She downloads monthly credit card transactions and then goes through each transaction and assigns a category/subcategory. She prints out a monthly transaction report and gives it to me. I then pay it via an online bank and use split transactions to enter the category/subcategory information manually. The transaction then shows up as being a bank rather than credit card transaction in the reports. As an attempt to avoid the manual transfer of information, she exported the transactions to a gif file. I then import them to my money. On...

referencing another sheet and using auto fill
Hi there. I'm trying to create a summary sheet to summarise data from 12 sheets (jan to dec). I have 84 lines each with a member of staff and I need to produce a table with the totals of thei leave in each month. Each seperate month sheet has 84 lines and a total for each person already on it. I need to end up with something like this on the summary sheet: jan feb mar etc total peter's leave totals for month and year: 3 4 1 8 john's leave totals for month and year: 7 2 3 ...

Link variable data from one worksheet to another worksheet?
I am trying to link variable data from one worksheet (my source worksheet) to several other worksheets. For example, my source worksheet has two variables or columns: 'Team' and 'Bye Week'. The first entry under the 'team' column reads 'NE'. Let's say for this example that the first entry under the 'Bye Week' column is the number '10'. Given this, I want every entry under the 'Team' column in other worksheets that read 'NE', to read the number '10' under the 'Bye Week' column. Let's also say tha...

copying a cell to another cell automatically
Hi, I'm trying to set up my worksheet so that if the value in column E is changed to 100%, the value in column A of that row automatically changes to 100, regardless of its original value. At the same time, I don't want to lock down column A - the user can enter any value in here when E is not 100%. How do I go about doing this? Do I need to write a macro? Thanks! Amit Hi, You'll have to do this as a little macro. Go into the VB editor and add the following into the relevant Sheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 5 And Target = 100...

Emails not saved in "sent" folder
The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, the item I supposedly sent does not appear in the sent folder. Help?! Chuck Humphrey Chuck Humphrey, you wrote on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:10:55 -0700: > The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a > known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with > the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, > the item I suppos...

Requery one subform from another
Hi guys, I have a combobox on a subform within a subform on a tabbed control on a mainform. The content of this combo box is "Username" and determined by a username field in a users table. That users table can be appended using another subform on the mainform. Does anyone know the requery code so that if I add a record to the table, the combobox will automatically be updated so that the new record is available to select in the combo box? Tony Hiya I figured it out. I was going about it in totally the wrong way. I just stuck a Requery in the OnGotFocus event on the combobox. I ca...

Melbourne Commonwealth Games
Hi, We have 15 Exchange 2003 servers scattered globally, and have quite a few in Australia. Due to the Melbourne Commonwealth games, daylight savings will be extended by one week for eastern Australia (Sydney, Melbourne). Microsoft has released a patch which creates a new timezone for this region. But I'm not sure which servers should have this patch applied, should it only be installed on the Exchange servers in Sydney and Melbourne? Or do I need to run this patch on all Exchange servers globally? I'm worried about calendar free/busy time replicating between exchange servers. ...

where do I find the current user in crystal reports
Hi NG, topic says everything :-) Nicolas F�hrs Many Places Depending what you want to know? Active Directory, Deployment Manger, Web Cleint Top Left=20 Corner, OUTLOOK, Settings-Business Units-Users... Q >-----Original Message----- >Hi NG, > >topic says everything :-) > >Nicolas F=FChrs > > >. > ...

Open another program sing VBA
Hi all, I would like to open another program, (MYOB), by clicking its picture that I've pasted to a worksheet. I know how to assign a macro to the picture but I'm having difficulties in writing the macro to execute the MYOB program. Rob Hi Rob, Right-click the picture and assign a hyperlink to it. Ed Ferrero "Rob" <NA> wrote in message news:ONCsTTYMFHA.3796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I would like to open another program, (MYOB), by clicking its picture that > I've pasted to a worksheet. I know how to assign a macro to the picture...

Folders lock?
Is there any way in MS Windows Live Mail to lock the folders that should NEVER be deleted? I have inadvertently deleted folders from time to time, because of the obscure, fuzzy screen layout. I would like to lock those folders that normally are not to be deleted. Is there any way to do this? Gordon No. not really. Folders under Storage Folders are somewhat more durable since they don't go away when deleting a mail account. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbel...

Save as authentication?
I have a web/ftp server that has a link to an excel file. The server (Win2000 Adv Svr) is configured to prompt the user for a username/password. The initial login works fine, however once I open the spreadsheet and try to save as (to my local desktop) I get another login dialog box. If I enter the same username/password combo, the same dialog box comes back. If I hit the ESC key the dialog box disappears and I can save the file... sometimes. Shouldn't I be able to save a file that I have already "downloaded"? ...

Current Folder PROGRAM is Running
How can I get the current folder my program is running? What function from Windows API?! /* the variables */ char path[_MAX_PATH] = { 0 }; /* get the module file name and strip final portion */ GetModuleFileName(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), path, _MAX_PATH); char* lp = strrchr(path, '\\') + 1; *lp = '\0'; Enjoy, - MR "renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OTrh8Jk3EHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I get the current folder my program is running? > What function from Windows API?! > > Mark Randall wrote: > > How can...

Combination Graph with current year and prior year sales
I'm trying to create a graph showing sales results for 5 organizations over 3 individual quarters, for current and prior year. My plan was to show current year as a bar chart with the 5 organizations each having their own bar for each quarter (therefore there will be 15 bars). I then want to show the prior year data as a line chart, again 5 lines and 15 data points. I've tried several options and my issue is that the data points (labels) for the line charts are in line, in the middle of each quarter, and I would like the data labels to begin and terminate within the correspond...

How do i save a custom footer in the excel drop down menu?
My standard practice is to set up a footer with "&[file]" in the left custom footer box, "Page &[Page]/&[Pages]" in the center box and "&[Date]" in the right box. I would like to save this in the drop down menu but have not been able to find out how to do this. There are other footers there and I have no idea where they came from. Any help? Thanks. I set up two template workbooks with what I want each page layout to be. The first one is named book.xlt (file|saveas|Template (*.xlt)). This is stored in my XLStart folder. When I click the N...

Condensing text values from one wksht to another
I have text data in column A of sheet one that is too lengthy. I wish to condense the data by copying JUST that data that leads up to the first space (break in the string)and copy to column A of sheet two. Example: blah,blah,blah blahhhh becomes blah,blah,blah. Is there a formula for the destination cell in sheet two that will accomplish this task, or does it require vba? If so, could someone walk me through it?? I am nearing desperation. Please help!!!! Jayceejay, In cell A1 of sheet2 fill in this formula and copy it down to A?? =LEFT(Sheet1!A1,FIND(" ",Sheet1!A1,1)-1) I ass...