search form not to load all data up to start with

I have a form based on a query that i use to search for product in my
database, on the form i have text box to type in, then a button to
requery

the query has the following     Like "*" & [forms]![frmProductList]!
[txtProductSearch] & "*"

This query works fine but when i load up the form is shows all the
products we stock which is a lot and seems to take a lot longer to
load now, Is there a way for the form not to load up any data until o
press the search button

0
Simon
2/20/2010 8:18:40 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try putting a default in [forms]![frmProductList]![txtProductSearch] that
would not produce any results.   Something like 'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'.
--
Build a little, test a little.

"Simon" wrote:

> I have a form based on a query that i use to search for product in my
> database, on the form i have text box to type in, then a button to
> requery
>
> the query has the following     Like "*" & [forms]![frmProductList]!
> [txtProductSearch] & "*"
>
> This query works fine but when i load up the form is shows all the
> products we stock which is a lot and seems to take a lot longer to
> load now, Is there a way for the form not to load up any data until o
> press the search button
>
> .

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Contacts Search

Macro

macros entering data

Search FRustration

Picture control on a form
What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when the client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? -- Just Al Take a look at this and see if this is what you want: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BEA0FA2-3F95-4090-B908-A75DBF1D19DE@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when > the > client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? > -- > Just Al Thank You! -- Just Al &...

find data and autopaste when found

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Column searching problem
I have a worksheet called "net" containing the following: NETWORK AVG MIN MAX STD SAMPLES ABC 17.17 16.26 17.71 0.4469 19 CBS 12.99 11.69 14.56 0.6524 30 NBC 15.39 14.08 16.70 0.7323 38 NBC* 15.12 14.08 15.99 0.4910 31 Fox 10.63 9.07 12.09 0.9374 8 HBO 10.94 9.07 13.22 1.2507 19 Showtime 11.52 6.84 13.23 1.9017 11 HDNet 18.14 14.22 18.85 1.1619 14 HDNet* 18.45 18.13 18.85 0.2847 13 HDNet-Movies 1...

Calculating Subsets of Data
I have data for records that can span between 1 to 16 months.. I want to be able to calculate the average activity for the most recent six months in a query and be able to display that in a report. I can create the calculation in the query for the entire duration of months for each record but am stuck on how to have it choose only the most recent six months of data to do the calculation and understand that the six months may really only be between 1 to 6 months of data.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..My skill level is somewhere between meatball surgeon and ki...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

I am following the instructions page 331 to load the Adventure Networks database. I am running on an absolutely fresh Win2003 SBS and have followed all the instructions. A couple of problems (referring to the bullets in the manual): 2. My Administrator account has domain and local admininstrator privileges and was used to install MS CRM. MS CRM works perfectly. So far so good. 7. I cannot confirm that the five users were created? Why is that? What should I do about it? 10. After entering URL I get an error: That I do not have a MS CRM license??? Help, - Jakob Jakob, ...