Save data as it is enerted.

How can I get my form to store data that I enter in a field, so that next
time as I start to type the same data it populate the rest of the data. For
example, if I enter a company name "My Company" the first time, the next time
as I start typing "My..." it should populate all company names that begins
with those letters and have been entered before. Possible??

injanib
8/8/2007 10:48:44 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Forms don't store data, tables do.

If you want a way, on a form, to see a list of the company names that match
what you are typing in, take a look at how the combo box control works...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"injanib via AccessMonster.com" <u35551@uwe> wrote in message
> How can I get my form to store data that I enter in a field, so that next
> time as I start to type the same data it populate the rest of the data.
> For
> example, if I enter a company name "My Company" the first time, the next
> time
> as I start typing "My..." it should populate all company names that begins
> with those letters and have been entered before. Possible??

Jeff
8/8/2007 11:39:05 PM
Or, of course, you could go back to Excel, which has this feature!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq
8/9/2007 2:46:39 AM
"missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote

> Or, of course, you could go back to Excel, which has this feature!

An interesting comment... not something I have used, so I went into Excel to
try it out.  And, if I enter "MyCompany" in A:1, then move to another cell,
and start typing, there's no offer to autocomplete as "MyCompany".  Also, if
I enter, "MyCowboys" it does not, as I read the OPs request, go back and
change A:1 to "MyCowboys"...  I also didn't see an AutoComplete option or an
Option in Tools | Options that appeared to enable/disable.  What am I
missing?

 Larry

0
Larry

Dashboards and Source Data
Hello, I created a dashboard with several small graphs on it. The data for the graphs is stored on a separate data sheet (i.e., work sheet). I now want to duplicate the dashboard/data sheets to build a dashboard for another employee. I envision the workbook eventually having 5 dashboards driven off 5 data sheets. The trick I'm looking for is a way to change the datasource for the graphs on the copied datasheet to the appropriate corresponding data sheet. I know how to do it manually but it seems like there should be some sort of "find and replace" type f...

How to force data to be put in entry
When anther row (line) is added to a worksheet I want to be made sure within the row a certain column is filled in before saving is done. How do I create that? Thx, Jac Hi Jac You can use this event in the Thisworkbook module to check if all cells in the C column in Sheet1 have a value If not you can't save the file See also this event Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) RC = Sheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Rows.Count If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA _ ...

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

US Data File in UK Money
If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't want to have to re-input hundreds of items. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "Keith" <@.> wrote: >If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the >latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? > >If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't >want t...

Excel ODBC driver created table/inserted data lost on application
Using native ODBC API I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls) 4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data into the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully. While my application is running I can disconnect and reconnect to the Excel data source and see the new table and its data. However, when my application exit the new table and inserted data are lost and the spreadsheet is never updated. Is there a special ODBC command to close/save an Excel worksheet? OK. I found out the cause of this is...

Excel save
I saved a file in excel and the i changed the content, i then saved it again without changing the file name. Can I get the origenail save??? Not unless you make a backup of it in between If you are on a comply network your IT people may have made a backup best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Tim31" <Tim31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3222A02-B8E0-4139-9989-9E208DB69D7D@microsoft.com... > I saved a file in excel and the i changed the content, i then saved it > again > without changin...

Excel: Ignoring Specific data in a column
I have Excel data (raw) that I am importing into an Excel sheet which has my formulas). I am trying to add up a column of numbers, but some of the fields have the letter's "N/A" Presently I am using formula =sum(A10:A15000), but it is not working due to the "N/A". How can I get Excel to ignore the "N/A" and just add the cell's that do have the numbers. For reference, the numbers do have decimal points (xx.xx) Thanks, -Avi If the N/A are just text, then select the column and use find/replace to make them all zeros. If the N/A are the result of fu...

HOW DO I ENTER DATA WHEN I SEEM TO BE STUCK IN A SUMMATION FORMULA
WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A SUMMATION. I CAN'T GET RID OF THE SHADING OR GET IT TO ENTER DATA? -- K J PETERSON hi typing with all caps is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. press the F8 key once and see what happens. Regards FSt1 "kenneth j peterson" wrote: > WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK > THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A > SUMMATION....

Properties of external saved emails
Hello all, I want to save my emails of outlook on a server drive. This works fine but with following problem: All properties are gone, the creation date is the date I saved the massage external and I have a hard time to find a specific email. Why are the properties of outlook gone when I save it external? Does anyone a answer for this? Or can I save the properties anyhow? Please understand I don't want to do it manually. You ask probably why does the guy want to save the files external. He can let it in outlook and he is fine. Unfornatly NO. For several reasons: - My pst file wi...

Saving Visio files as JPG files?
I am currently working on a network documentation project and have succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file. I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known issue or workaround for this. TW, Exporting as EMF usually creates smaller file sizes i...

Macro to delete specific data in tables
Hi: I am an analyst working in service quality for a market research firm. We use SPSS 12 to output the data and later copy paste the tables into Excel for formatting and printing. The problem I currently have is that I got a large group of output tables which come in two different formats. The first table is like this: Satisfacción Expectativas Mean Std Deviation Masculino 5,4 1,4 Femenino 3,8 2,2 Group Total 5,3 1,5 Menos de 2400 UF 5,9 ,9 2401 a 25 mil UF 5,6 1,2 25.001 a 100 mil UF 5,0 1,6 Más de 100.001 UF ...

Exporting data #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to export from a Money account into a format that Excel = can read? I have used Excel extensively but do not know what to do with = the qif extension that Money exports. It could be that I just don't know = how to import the data in Excel. Thanks --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-E...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

Omit data based on criteria in reports
I have a report which gives an employee's productivity rating, based on a set standard. This standard depends on what product the employee is running at the time. However, some times the employees run products that do not have standards associated with them (trial products for instance). A daily report tells: Employee Product How much was produced How much was expected (standard) % Expected (How much was produced/How much was expected) When a trial product is run on a given day, the % Expected number is Null (=IIf([How much was expected] = 0, Nul...

Recovering old versions of saved files
Is it possible to recover an old version of an Excel file after saving it without changing the file name? Autorecover is on. Thanks for any help! "=?Utf-8?B?U3B5ZGVy?=" wrote... >Is it possible to recover an old version of an Excel file after saving it >without changing the file name? Autorecover is on. No. That's what backups are for. Now you know why you need backups. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. "Spyder" <Spyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Ok, thanks. I am fully aware of the importance of backups; howeve...

Error when I try to save doc with equations in 2007
I am a math student and I frequently use Word 2007 to write up my assignments with the new equation feature. Lately I have been having trouble in that when I try to save it gives me a file error For example: "A file error has occured (c:\...\doc1.docx)" ...

Word 2007 not responding to "save as"
Recently the "save as" function within word has stopped responding. It does not give me the option to change location of saved document or the name. I have tried to uninstall the programme, but partially through it reports an error with drive D, even though drive D is not in use/ identified. Any suggestions? -- Pompies ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pompies's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/179718.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1297801.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

Font sizes not saving (W2007 opening document originally created in W2003)
Hello, I have a 375 page document originally created in W2003 (or perhaps W2000). It was creeated with a Normal style of TNR 10 pt. Everytime I open it I have to change the font size from 11 pt back to 10 pt. When I modify, the radio button for "Only in this document" is checked but the changes don't keep. I really don't want to change my Normal template for new documents, but I'd like the font size to be retained. Am I missing something simple or do I have to mess with templates? Thanks, CJ This should not be happening unless you have "Automat...

Recover data from a corrupted spreadsheet
any suggestions for recovering data from a secured spreadsheet/ password protected? The hard drive had a corrupted FAT table, I have recovered the files and I can extract data from non-secured spreadsheets but I cannot extract data from any secured spreadsheets. The data appear encrypted. How do I enter a password if I am not prompted for one when attempting to open the spreadsheet? Any suggestions or use of additional third party tools would be appreciated. -- als Maybe OpenOffice would be worth a try: (http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD) I've never used it, b...

[VC8] Why is MFC File Open/Save dialog no longer resizable?
Hi, In VC6, MFC apps used resizable file open/save dialogs by default. In VC8 (and VC7 AFAIK), those dialogs are no longer resizable. Why? ...

vba excel 2007 data mining
hi, i tried recording a macro to do an analysis using excel 2007 data mining addin. But later when i try to run the macro it did not work. I checked the macro code - it did not seem have any code to call the data mining algorithm in the data mining addin. Please help ...

How do I sort data in column B to align with data in column A?
Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I want to be able to sort a range of codes in Column B to basically move and realign to the same row as the data that is in Colmn A eg Start Column A Column B R F G B B H H R F G Finish Column A Column B R R G G B B H H F F Piece a cake. Delete columm B, then copy column A and paste into Column B "Jephri1" wrote: > Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I...

create .tmp files when saving
Am having a problem with several of my dell machines running window xp professional and office xp pro. when users open an excel file, make a change and save it, then go back in the file, many times it says the file can be open in read only because the file is in use. it then creates a copy of the file using the .tmp as an extension. Why is this happening so frequently. any help would be appreicated. collin Hi Collin Try this first Reboot first and then Delete all the files and subfolders in your \Windows\Temp directory (Win95/98/ME), or your \Documents and Settings\<user>\loc...

lost data....lost person! #3
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...