Same app acts differently on another PC

I've got an app (client and DB parts separated) that works good on two client
PCs but on any other PC I'm getting message: Error 2501 The OpenForm action
was canceled.
What should I do?

alek_mil
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 05:05:01 -0700, alekm
<alekm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

FIrst thing I would check is if all references are found. Code window
> Tools > References

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I've got an app (client and DB parts separated) that works good on two client
>PCs but on any other PC I'm getting message: Error 2501 The OpenForm action
>was canceled.
>What should I do?
>
>alek_mil
0
Tom
3/26/2010 1:40:44 PM
When one computer acts differently than the others, the first thing that I
check are the references. Do a Ctrl + g keyboard combination to bring up the
VBA window. Next go to Tools, References and see if any on the top of the
list say Missing or something. If not, compare a working computer with the
problem one to make sure that they have the same references.

Once you are sure that the references are working and while still in the VBA
window, go to Debug, Compile. If it isn't grayed out, complie the code and
see if any errors show.

If that doesn't work, see if you can isolate when it happens and what code
is running. Troubleshoot from there.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"alekm" wrote:

> I've got an app (client and DB parts separated) that works good on two client
> PCs but on any other PC I'm getting message: Error 2501 The OpenForm action
> was canceled.
> What should I do?
>
> alek_mil

Copy a currency value from one control to another
I have a text box (called ExtendedCost), that has a sum statement in it. I want to copy the value on the exit control event to another text box control (called WithdrawlAmount) on the same form and write the value into WithdrawlAmount box on the Enter Event for the control box, so people don't have to input the same number into the control box. Is there an easy way to do this? If it's the same calculated value, just use the same expression. Generally, don't store calculated values. Just perform the calculation as needed. If you need more help with this, describ...

Further Info on changing text in one cell to to criteria of another.
I have a workbook that charts the progress of my clients. One of m cells automatically determines their age, and when they become olde than six, I need another cell's text to automatically change to "AO (standing for "Aged Out" of my program). I cannot us the functio =IF(A1>6,"AO"," ") because I already have the clients status imputed i that cell. I need it to be a type of conditional formatting or VB cod so that it will automatically change once the reach 6. I have attache an example of my workbook. It has a VB code that changes the row colo based on ...

Trace precedents from another worksheet
I'm trying to trace precedents from another worksheets. However, when I do this, I just get an arrow leading to a worksheet icon. Clicking on the icon just gives me a formula, and worksheet that contains the precedents shows no arrows or anything. I remember that this used to work fine in earlier versons of Excel. (I have Excel 2002). Do you know what's going wrong? Thanks, Katie -- ModelerGirl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ModelerGirl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6364 View this thre...

Another MDI or SDI question
I would like to convert my VB app to VC++, but I am unsure as to which framework to use. The application will interface to a hardware device to monitor, record and analyze data. There will only be one set of data, but I would like to view it in various formats (spreadsheet, graph, etc.). Because of the multiple views, am I correct to assume I should choose MDI? Any advice would be appreciated. This sounds definitely like MDI. I have built, in all my apps, two SDI apps, and regretted both of them (I had to rewrite them as MDI). The rest of my apps are dialog apps, and one of those uses tabbed ...

How do I associate task list with another calendar?
I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be reentered? "holyharvester" <holyharvester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A0249B2-3A52-43ED-9509-E65851724BD9@microsoft.com... >I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like > it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be > reentered? You first: state your Outlook version. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Only the default task list dis...

Formula copying from one workbook to another...
Hello Excel community friends. Here's my problem: I trying to copy a formula from a worksheet in one workbook to a worksheet (of the same name and same cell location) in another workbook. Say the formula from workbook1/worksheet1 is =sum(1+1) and the name of workbook1 is "Me" and the name of the worksheet1 is "Sheet1" and located in cell A1. Of course, when you copy the formula from "Me" to another workbook (named, say, "You") and to the same location (A1) and on the same named worksheet, "Sheet1", the preface of the formula is s...

set a value to another cell
how to set(not get) a cell value to another cell? is it possible? A cell formula can get, but only a macro can set. Some exceptions (manually): Scenarios, Goal Seek, Subtotals, Text to Columns and Advanced Filter, none of which is applicable to your situation. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "news.microsoft.com" <whoknows@microsft.com> wrote in message news:%23kjDDZRoIHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > how to set(not get) a cell value to another cell? > is it pos...

Copying records from one (sub)form to another subform using Append
I have a mainform with products (and thier details) from a products table and a subform showing ingredients (from an ingredients table). I wish to select existing ingredient records from one subform and copy them to so that they appear as ingredients in a new Mainform. I have a selection box next to each of the ingredients to enable selection but how do I "copy" these selections to the new record on the new mainform. Do I use an append query to do this? Any guidance on doing this would be great (not too experienced in this area). Many Thanks On Tue, 9 Feb 2010...

Running total to new in different field
I have a database that I want to keep track of a number list for meters that is unique. Meters have to have a unique number assigned to them. We order these in batches. What I am trying to do is carry over my Ending Meter Number field to the new record field of Begin Meter Number. I have a formula to correctly come up with the Ending Meter Number. I have tried several different approaches, but nothing seems to work. I have tried this : Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Me.[Begin Meter Number] = Me.[End Meter Number] End Sub TIA, Gerald -- Message posted via AccessMons...

Error message with copying sheet to another workbook
I always encounter an error message when i copy a sheet from one workbook to another workbook. The error message is as below: ================ A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name '____123graph_A', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - to use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - to rename the range referred to the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box. ================ I have tried to click No and enter a new Name, but afterward...

MIN of a difference?
I have a list of numbers (Ex. 95, 92, 105, 101, 110, 82). I need formula to give me the closest number to 100 (in this case it would b 101). I was thinking of a MIN formula combined with an ABS function i an array format? But I've tried a million different things and nothin seems to work. I appreciate anybody's ideas.... Mo -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27456 Hi try the follow...

Excel---Copying text from one cell a a sheet to another cell on a
I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? If the cell on the 1st sheet is A1, in the cell on Sheet15, you put the formula =Sheet1!A1 On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:33:01 -0700, "Reeezzzy" <Reeezzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell >on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? ...

A macro that copies entire worksheet to another
Hi- Can anybody help me with a macro that copies an entire worksheet to another (or creates a new worksheet named by a value in a cell)? I plan to use a push button to copy this data. I'd appreciate any help - Jim Ayers Hi Jim, Why don't you revert the easiest and the most illustrative method of writing a macro (and learning how to write a macro) by using the macro recording facility? There may be slight changes depending on your Excel version, but generally you click Tools --> Macro --> Record New Macro, then mimic exactly what you want to happen, stopping recording a...

SBS as a DC but CRM on another Server
Hi everyone, I just have few questions which I hope someone out there will be able to answer for me. We have an SBS 2003 Server which is our DC and we are running SQL Server, Exchange Server and Microsoft CRM on a non-raided server. 1. Is it possible to have an SBS Server 2003/8 running as a DC with SQL Server & Exchange on it but run Microsoft CRM on another server running Windows 2003/2008 Server. We just want to spread the workload on the DC. 2. Bar the obvious reasons for using raid, would you recommend having SBS running of a raided machine? What about CRM if it can be run from an...

viewing another users calendar
Hi All, When attempting to view one certain users calendar the message "unable to display the folder. the calendar folder could not be found" is displayed, this is also the same for the inbox etc. This is only happening for one user. All other users can view this calendar and i can view all other users calendars. Does any one have any suggestions? ...

Set control AfterUpdate event to procedure in another module
Hi, i know i can set a controls AfterUpdate event to a user defined procedure if it is in the same module as the code, however is it possible to set it to a procedure in a different module? i.e. By setting in the OnFormLoad() event: cbo.AfterUpdate = "=Module1.Translate()" I cant get it to work, it just says "the expression you entered has a function name that microsoft office access cannot find". The Translate procedure is public. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris If Module1 is a standard module (not a class module, and not the module of a form...

Finding the difference in days between two dates?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how I can find the difference in days between two date fields, would appreciate the help. Thanks Damon Damon; Just try this. Enter two dates ( 01/08/2003 and 21/08/2003 ) In another cell subtract the two dates, but format that cell as "General". If all is well, just must find a 20 in that cell. Or is it too simple and not what you want ? Mark Rosenkrantz. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or info@rosenkrantz.nl ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Damon" <damon@nospam.co.uk...

Difference in years and months between 2 dates
Hi, Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 dates? (Using Office 2000) Thanx Subtract one from the other "Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54C0D76-1313-40EF-922C-FCB0780AD992@microsoft.com... : Hi, : : Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 : dates? (Using Office 2000) : : Thanx Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 >dates? (Using Office 200...

Finite Difference Spreadsheet
Have a look at the sumif statement that populates the temperature array I didn't think it would work but it seems to. Regards, Tim Fabe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Report using Fields with the same name from different tables
Hello all - I created a db with no knowledge of naming convention. Now I am attempting to write some reports pulling data from tables with the same field names. Apparently Access doesn't like this....I attempted to change the names in the BE but when I relink the FE it is prompting for parameters. What is the best way to proceed? Thanks - Lee -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201005/1 TheLee via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I created a db with no knowledge of naming convention. Now I am attempting to &...

different scale on x-axis
just wonder how can i change the x-axis value to different values in the same chart? e.g 0-->120 (within this range...the graph shows major unit such as 10, 20, 30, 40 etc....) then 100--> 1000 the graph just shows 200, 300, 400 etc as major unit~ Hi, You would have to construct you only axis labeling. See Jon Peltier's page on arbitrary axes http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "katy" <katy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CC63DCC-0A9C-4D56-8D3F-B790B...

"Update in Progress" for 2 weeks now, 8 different brokerage accts
I have not been able to update ANY of my 8 different brokerage accts with 3 different investment companies (Schwab, Morgan Stanley and TD Ameritrade) since 4/28. They all say "update in progress" at the Account list screen. When I click on "Read Call Summary Messages" and go to "Review Update Results" (Funny how the thing you click on doesn't have the same title as the screen it takes you to . . .) for each of these brokerages (Schwab, Morgan Stanley, & TD Ameritrade) it says: "Your last call was completed on 4/28/2008 at 7:35 PM "Your acco...

simple question; if my PC reboots and I have a spreadsheet update in progress...
where is the exact temp location on my PC where the temp file may be found? It probably varies by PC but there must be some type of standard/recommendation/best practice? Thanks.. Try something like Declare Function GetTempPath Lib "kernel32" Alias "GetTempPathA" _ (ByVal nBufferLength As Long, ByVal lpBuffer As String) As Long Sub AAA() Dim TempPath As String Dim L As Long TempPath = String(255, " ") L = GetTempPath(255, TempPath) TempPath = Left(TempPath, L) Debug.Print TempPath End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft ...

Large Excel 2000 file shutting down PC
Hi there Apologies if this has come up before - I've seen a lot of posts on crashes, and have looked at the Office support centre, but can't see anything specific to my problem. I'm using a large file (2MB) and when I use ALT-PG DOWN to go from the first sheet to the second my PC shuts down! Oddly, this is the only time Excel crashes on me. It doesn't even crash when using ALT-PAGE DOWN to go from the second sheet to the first. I've cleared out my temp folder. Can anyone off any suggestions? Thanks Simon ...

Any way to capture text in a textbox inside another application?
I need to write an application and need to find a way to "spy" on a textbox in another application. It will work the similar to the spy++ where you indicate that you want to spy on a control in another app, and the program will let you pick the control to spy on. From that point on, all the messages sent to the control will be routed to this program. I am wondering how spy++ does that and is there any sample in MSDN shows how to do that? Thanks Andy Andy, > I need to write an application and need to find a way to "spy" on a textbox > in another application. &...