Rich Text formatting in Access 2007

In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo
field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded to
the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format
individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in
that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding
italic, bold, and underlining?

Thanks very much for any information you may have.
Bob
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Rich Text format for Memos in:
Tables - Look in the Properties General Tab, third from the bottom.
Forms and Reports - Proprties Data Tab, second from the top.

Be sure to set the Text Format to Rich Text in the table as well as the form
or report, or you get all sorts of symbols where the formatting should be.

"Robert McN" wrote:

> In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo
> field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded to
> the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format
> individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in
> that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding
> italic, bold, and underlining?
>
> Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> Bob
Robert, rich text is valid for Memo type fields. You have to set text type
to rich text in table design view, then set it again for the control holding
the memo field in form design.

UpRider

"Robert McN" <RobertMcN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a
> memo
> field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded
> the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to
> format
> individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free
> add-in
> that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as
> adding
> italic, bold, and underlining?
>
> Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> Bob

0
UpRider
10/2/2007 7:08:36 PM
Thank you very much for getting back to me.  This is excellent news.

Bob

"UpRider" wrote:

> Robert, rich text is valid for Memo type fields. You have to set text type
> to rich text in table design view, then set it again for the control holding
> the memo field in form design.
>
> UpRider
>
> "Robert McN" <RobertMcN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a
> > memo
> > field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded
> > the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> > been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to
> > format
> > individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free
> > add-in
> > that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as
> > adding
> > italic, bold, and underlining?
> >
> > Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> > Bob

Yes, better than we've come to expect in earler versions. Having said this,
it is based on my experience with export to Word 2007.

"Robert McN" wrote:

> It is rare that a new software feature can bring joy to my heart, but I am
> practically ecstatic.  I have been asking for this feature, literally, for
> about 13 years.  I figured it would never come.  Thanks for pointing this
> out. And thank you to the developers who made this change.  You've made my
> day.
>
> Question: do you know if one exports data say to MS Word, will the Rich Text
> formatting be retained?
>
> Bob
>
> "Tom Ventouris" wrote:
>
> > Rich Text format for Memos in:
> > Tables - Look in the Properties General Tab, third from the bottom.
> > Forms and Reports - Proprties Data Tab, second from the top.
> >
> > Be sure to set the Text Format to Rich Text in the table as well as the form
> > or report, or you get all sorts of symbols where the formatting should be.
> >
> > "Robert McN" wrote:
> >
> > > In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo
> > > field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded to
> > > the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> > > been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format
> > > individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in
> > > that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding
> > > italic, bold, and underlining?
> > >
> > > Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> > > Bob
I am new to this thread........I have Access 2003 and sent an earlier
question about copying in excerpts from various WORD documents into a memo
field on my form.  The WORD formatting does weird things in Access.  One
person answered and said it was how it handled "rich text formatting".  Do
you know of any way to handle this in Access 2003.  I guess in Access 2007 it
is no longer a problem.  Is this problem totally resolved in 2007 or could I
still have issues.  I need to pull in language from 33 different labor
contracts and there is all kinds of various WORD formatting involved.  I
wonder if the upgrade would be worth it.

Thanks for any advice

"UpRider" wrote:

> Robert, rich text is valid for Memo type fields. You have to set text type
> to rich text in table design view, then set it again for the control holding
> the memo field in form design.
>
> UpRider
>
> "Robert McN" <RobertMcN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a
> > memo
> > field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded
> > the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> > been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to
> > format
> > individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free
> > add-in
> > that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as
> > adding
> > italic, bold, and underlining?
> >
> > Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> > Bob

Access XP Pro to 2000 version
I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E71FD15-67CD-4DE0-A937-A9F4A0746347@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. Office "XP" = Office 2002 Office 2000, in other words, was released two years *prior* to Office XP's release. All Office applications are Backwards-compatible. No Office application is Forward-compatible. In Office 2002 (XP), use the "Save As" option to save as 2000. Steve I assume the mdb file is in 200...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

Adding a column in Excel 2007
Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please To count the number of cells that equal X =countif(a:a,"X") To count the number of cells that have at least one X in them: =countif(a:a,"*X*") nip wrote: > > Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one > letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please -- Dave Peterson On Dec 10, 10:44=A0am, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: > To count the number of cells that eq...

Access 2000 to 97 Conversion
I built a library database for a client in 2000, it uses several check boxes and compb boxes to perform filtering and works well in 2000. In the 97 it does not first it does not like a method I use called application.name and then it does not like the Replace statement I use in my SQL. Everything else works well. The only difference I find in the two is basicall the Microsoft 8.0 objects in the 97 version and the Microsoft 9.0 objects in the 2000. Hen I try to change the 97 version to the 9.0 I am told there is a name conflict and will not permit the selection and when I try to d...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

Line graphs; excel 2007
I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? Apply Fill Color Between Lines in a Chart http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ MK09 wrote: > I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two > lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? ...

text box as label to appear when subreport does
I have a text box used as a label with the control source: ="Attributes" +IIf(IsNull([FillTemp_Label]),Null,"") I'd like to add a subreport to this: srptFGProcessingPacketPouchAtts. Can this be done? Thanks! -- www.Marzetti.com What do you want to do? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "JohnLute" wrote: > I have a text box used as a label with the control source: > ="Attributes" +IIf(IsNull([FillTemp_Label]),Null,"") > > I'd like to add a subreport to this: srptFGProcessingPacketPouchAtts. > > Can this be...

ADO recordset command text vs command
Hi all, I've noticed a slight difference between the way recordset command text works vs commands themselves where SP calls are concerned. We have many calls to SP which also include input and output parameters. When examining a SQL Server trace, for example, the difference is, that we can specify command text to an ADO recordset, which includes input parameter names. However, the ADO command object does not appear to specify any parameter names, although it does support return of output parameters. Is there a way for the ADO command object to also specify the parameter names? This would ...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

How do you stop text size increasing in email replies?
I am a new Outlook user and finding it rather frustrating that every time I reply to an email and whenever the recipient responds to me, the text size in each email going back in the email trail gets larger and larger. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? ...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

how do you insert a document in words 2007
I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. Insert - Object -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Likita Rucker" <Likita Rucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3892AD59-4452-4199-BC8E-31AE4220B6A7@microsoft.com... >I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. If you click Insert > Object and pick Object from the dropdown, you'll get only the first page of the insert because an "object" can't cross a page boun...

Calculation / Format Error
I'm using this formula in cell AE69 =IF(AL69="NO","",AE68*(AM69/100)) When the logic is true I want the cell value to be zero, but show as blank. When this cell is summed up with others, a #VALUE! is returned. I am assuming excel is seeing this cell as text and thus returning an error. I have tried adjusting the formula to: =IF(AL69="NO","0",AE68*(AM69/100)) I have selected the accounting formating for AE69 with the "£" symbol. However, instead of getting the £ symbol to the left and a dash representing z...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

Text-wrapping horizontal axis labels
Hi, I've a small problem which I can't seem to find a solution for - I have created a set of financial reports for a client, which includes a number of charts. The charts are waterfall charts, which I've constructed using a form of stacked bar chart. The labels for the horizontal axis are linked to text alongside the calculations for the charts. The text in the labels is of varying lengths and for some of the charts, this text is being wrapped to two layers on the label that appear on the chart. Every now and then, one of the labels is too long, and instead of ...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

Email randomly not accessible thru OWA
Hello. Using Exchange 2003, OWA 2003, approx. 3,000 outside users with mostly Windwos 2000 or XP Pro. Most users get everything, but some often get "page cannot be found" and these messges contain attachments sometimes, but not always: usually PDF or Word attachments. Downloading mail using Outook or Express seems to help alot, but not with all users. It is happening more more frequently. We run Symantec Antivirus 9.1 and I have removed all the filters for mail within our domain, thinking that would help, but no. Any suggestions are appreciated, as always. MG ...

display cell value in msgbox formatted as %
Hi I have been trying to come up with a way to display a cell value in a msgbox so that it formats properly as a percent. I have tried: Productivity = Format(Range("A1").Value, "###,# %") Msgbox Productivity This always gives me a leading 0 (e.g 015%) and I want it to display 15.0%. So I tried this: Productivity = Format(CStr(Range("A1").Value) * 100, "#,###.0") & "%" and it works ok but... I want to use the value of productivity in computations - which I can't formatted as a string ... Am I missing something - or is it as simple...

Access Calendar to Julian Conversions
I have a database with dates in the MM/DD/YYYY format and I need to convert them to julian dates. Is there a built in function in Access that will do this? Depends what you mean by "Julian Date". If you'll looking to represent the date as the day number in the year, (yyyy.ddd, so that today is 2004.177), try: Format(MyDate, "yyyy") & "." & Format(Format(MyDate, "y"), "000") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave" <gatorsteele@cs.com> wrote in message news:217...

Outlook 2007 #19
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I receive a message box which says Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing. ...

red x in email in Outlook 2007
I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED x's. Did not have problem in Office 2003. Please help me... Steve "Steve-O" <Steve-O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58C0B6E2-7BEE-47BC-B398-9037FB254F62@microsoft.com... > I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. > > When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED > x's. > > Did not have problem in Office 2003. > > Please help me... Tools, Trust Center, Automat...

Outlook 2007 Does not pull all POP mail emails
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off. Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two minutes. I have no filters running either. I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated Warren -- Warren Jorgenson. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com...

Import contacts from received E-Mail in OWA (Outlook Web Access 20
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...