Rich Text formatting in Access 2007

In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo
field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded to
the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format
individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in
that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding
italic, bold, and underlining?

Thanks very much for any information you may have.
Bob
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Rich Text format for Memos in:
Tables - Look in the Properties General Tab, third from the bottom.
Forms and Reports - Proprties Data Tab, second from the top.

Be sure to set the Text Format to Rich Text in the table as well as the form
or report, or you get all sorts of symbols where the formatting should be.

"Robert McN" wrote:

> In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo
> field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded to
> the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format
> individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in
> that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding
> italic, bold, and underlining?
>
> Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> Bob
Robert, rich text is valid for Memo type fields. You have to set text type
to rich text in table design view, then set it again for the control holding
the memo field in form design.

UpRider

"Robert McN" <RobertMcN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a
> memo
> field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded
> the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to
> format
> individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free
> add-in
> that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as
> adding
> italic, bold, and underlining?
>
> Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> Bob

0
UpRider
10/2/2007 7:08:36 PM
Thank you very much for getting back to me.  This is excellent news.

Bob

"UpRider" wrote:

> Robert, rich text is valid for Memo type fields. You have to set text type
> to rich text in table design view, then set it again for the control holding
> the memo field in form design.
>
> UpRider
>
> "Robert McN" <RobertMcN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a
> > memo
> > field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded
> > the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> > been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to
> > format
> > individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free
> > add-in
> > that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as
> > adding
> > italic, bold, and underlining?
> >
> > Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> > Bob

Yes, better than we've come to expect in earler versions. Having said this,
it is based on my experience with export to Word 2007.

"Robert McN" wrote:

> It is rare that a new software feature can bring joy to my heart, but I am
> practically ecstatic.  I have been asking for this feature, literally, for
> about 13 years.  I figured it would never come.  Thanks for pointing this
> out. And thank you to the developers who made this change.  You've made my
> day.
>
> Question: do you know if one exports data say to MS Word, will the Rich Text
> formatting be retained?
>
> Bob
>
> "Tom Ventouris" wrote:
>
> > Rich Text format for Memos in:
> > Tables - Look in the Properties General Tab, third from the bottom.
> > Forms and Reports - Proprties Data Tab, second from the top.
> >
> > Be sure to set the Text Format to Rich Text in the table as well as the form
> > or report, or you get all sorts of symbols where the formatting should be.
> >
> > "Robert McN" wrote:
> >
> > > In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo
> > > field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded to
> > > the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> > > been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format
> > > individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in
> > > that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding
> > > italic, bold, and underlining?
> > >
> > > Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> > > Bob
I am new to this thread........I have Access 2003 and sent an earlier
question about copying in excerpts from various WORD documents into a memo
field on my form.  The WORD formatting does weird things in Access.  One
person answered and said it was how it handled "rich text formatting".  Do
you know of any way to handle this in Access 2003.  I guess in Access 2007 it
is no longer a problem.  Is this problem totally resolved in 2007 or could I
still have issues.  I need to pull in language from 33 different labor
contracts and there is all kinds of various WORD formatting involved.  I
wonder if the upgrade would be worth it.

Thanks for any advice

"UpRider" wrote:

> Robert, rich text is valid for Memo type fields. You have to set text type
> to rich text in table design view, then set it again for the control holding
> the memo field in form design.
>
> UpRider
>
> "Robert McN" <RobertMcN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a
> > memo
> > field (or mixed formatting within any text field).  I have just upgraded
> > the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not
> > been added.  Is this correct?  (If so, why?) If it is not possible to
> > format
> > individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free
> > add-in
> > that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as
> > adding
> > italic, bold, and underlining?
> >
> > Thanks very much for any information you may have.
> > Bob

Default number format
Is there a way to change the default NUMBER format for new workbooks? I found the default FONT, but not default NUMBER format. Dave French David Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART This will be the default workbook for File>New>Workbook. You can also open a new wo...

Adding Rental Property to MS Money 2007
Hi; I am a new user to money. I have one rental house. What is the best way to add it to ms money to track income and expenses? I am looking for something very basic. I have managed it for the last ten years on paper and have always done my own taxes. Thanks for any help Pat I am thinking of adding a new "Bank Account" called 310 Judy (The address of the house). Then my rental income would be deposits to the account and my expences would be the withdrawls. Is this a viable option or am I going to run into problems later? Thanks Pat So why change? "komobu" <curra...

HDD unable to format in Storage Manager
Hi I am using wince 6.0 platform builder to mount hard disk. I am able to mount hard disk, but I could not format the drive, Also i could not see the content of the HDD when i tried with an already formated disk. whenever I Click the storage manager -> Dismount->Format, it shows message box "Unable to format store". I have attached my platform registry settings --------------------------------------------------------------------- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Instance\genericide] "Prefix"="IDE" "Dll"="atapi.dll"...

How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outllook 2007?
Hello, How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outlook 2007? -- Thanks, Bob You don't. The closest you can come is turning on autopreview.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message = news:OQ4zcEwzHHA.5408@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, >=20 > How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outlook 2007? > --=20 > Thanks, > Bob=20 >=20 > you...

Text to Columns...
Does anyone know the official function of the menu option called "Text to Columns..." which is found under the "data" option on the menu bar? How does it work? What is it supposed to do? Answers to these questions would be appreciated. Thank you... Craig craig_madrin@goodyear.com It allows you to separate text in a cell or column of cells either by position (fixed) or based on a delimiter, and place the separated data in one or more columns. It can also do some rudimentary data manipulation, including parsing dates, converting numbers to text, text, etc. Th...

OWA2007 direct file server access lack of fine grained control?
Hi all, One of the new features of 2007 that we were really keen to implement was the ability for users to access their home directories via the web. However, it turns out that there is very little control in terms of restricting acccess to only specific file shares on a server? Let me explain properly... We have all our file shares(staff home dirs, student home dirs, corporate data, class materials) on a single file server. We only want to allow access to the staff home dirs via the web, but everything I've tried so far, including denying access to the mail server at both NTFS and...

Conditional Formatting Need
Please Help, I really tried on my own. Column A and Column B If the cell value in column A1 is <6 format should be Blank If it is 6.0-6.99 then it will look to B1 for more info If it is 7-0-7.99 then it will look to B1 for more info And if it is 8 or greater it will look to B1 for more info If A1�s value is 6 or greater it is possible it will still remai blank, but now it will look to B1 for that value, to determine wha should happen with A1 If B1 is greater than 2.99 then A1 will remain blank and also B1 wil be blank If B1 is between 2.0 and 2.99 and A1 is between 6 and 7.99 the forma...

Conditional formatting
Hi, i need a formula to add in conditional formatting, that will change the color of a cell if a certain condition is met. I have a table with datas. I need to change the patter color of the rows (rangeA:G) if G is emty. I need to change the color only if the above and below cells are not empty Ex: D 1 john 2 john 3 4 john i need the empty row (A:G) to be blue Can this be done? Thanks! This should do what you want: VBA Code: -------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim Rng As Range, MyCell As Range Set Rng ...

Sorting different strings of text
I'm trying to sort a column of text separtated by commas, where the same strings may not always be in the same order within the cells. I'm trying to run a pivot off these codes, but I'll probably double the size of the chart if I can't sort. ie pr905,m806,pr903, pr905,pr903,m806, pr903,pr902, pr902,pr903, M807,PR903, PR903,M807, I'd appreciate any help-- Thanks in advance, Jake You could use TEXT TO COLUMNS to split out the strings You may have to do a global search and replace for spaces Sort the results (from left to right) Concatenate them back together with =A1 &...

Header/Wrap Text
I wondered if you could help me with a few things in Excel: Is it possible to put a header on the first two pages of a 3-page spreadsheet? Also I have "wrap text" setting in all my cells, but in one cell -- it only prints two-thirds of the text no matter how big an area I make for it. I have retyped the remaining text several times and the Wrap Text box is checked. Do you know why that would happen? Is there some sort of limit as to how many characters you can have in a field? Thanks so much for your help. Pat Hi 1. For a header change within one change you'll need...

import many text files
I have to import text files in Excel. I'd like to bypass the procedure of "lines to skip" and "Delimiter Selection" since it's always the same. Is there a way to tell Excel how to import a certain type of file (regarding the extention) and to do it without asking questions ? Thank you If your text files are comma delimitered, then changing the file extension to .csv rather that .txt will cause Excel to open your text file without going through the import wizard. >-----Original Message----- >I have to import text files in Excel. I'd like to bypas...

Text and Data for Axis Lables
Hi, I have a chart that I am working on and in it all of my X axis lables are in my excel workbook except 1. How can I define the lables using the data contained within my workbook and manually enter a text lable for the one exception. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You have to put them all into the worksheet. Could you just rearrange the data to allow this? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/...

Where the cursor starts after clicking no a text box
Hello, I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today. I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to fin...

using a check box to display text from a list
Excel 2003 I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Roger W wrote: > Excel 2003 > I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a > list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no > success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Hi Roger, Try to post the code you used, so we can suggest how to modify... -- Thanks in advance for your feedback. Ciao Franz Verga from Italy ...

how to save a file as ASCII: expanded comma delimited text (.exp).
How do I save and excel file as an .exp file, or as they requested an ASCII: expanded comma delimited text (.exp) ...

Extract SSN's from a free form text field...
I am trying to extract SSN's from a free form text field where the SSN may appear in any portion of the field (beginning, end or middle of the field). The SSN will always be preceded by "SS", "SSN", or "SS#". The SSN may be listed with or without dashes or spaces. The SSN may be preceded by a dash or space or neither after "SS", "SSN", or "SS#". Examples: Example #1 - SSN-123456789; Example #2 - CE UNEMPLOYED SS# 987-65-4321 CBR 444-4444 SHADY COVE Example #3 - SE RETIRED SS 876543219 SE RETIRED OTHER SVC WRKING IN CA These ar...

How do I install an existing word 2003 template in 2007
I need to install existing templates from word 2003. I can add them under templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but their particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon. I run XP but no Save In Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions. Tearing hair out. Word 2007 is not fussy where the document templates are stored (apart from the normal template). If the templates contain macros then the folder must be a trusted folder. Either make the folder containing the templates a trusted folder or move them to an alr...

Access a excel file through FTP without write protection
hi ng I have made an excel application which is supposed to be a multi user application. I have placed the application in my libary on my web hotel, and it is supposed to be accessed by the users through FTP in Excel (where the users get the password and username). But when I try to access the file from Excel by FTP- I can open it - but it is write protected. When I go directly into my FTP-drive from the internet explorer and right click on the file - it shows that the file is NOT write protected - How can I access the file through Excel with FTP without the file is write protected. ...

Outlook 2007 SP2 on Windows 7
Hi All, I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 7. After I installed office 2007 sp2, in outlook 2007 when I create new email or reply email, the mouse buttons seems not work any more. I don't have highlight and right click. It was working before I installed sp2. I try reinstall everything without any luck. Is this a outlook bug? I don't think it's a bug - did you try Help, Office Diagnostics? Have you rebooted since installing SP2? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Conditional formatting not working
-- ---- HTH Dale ...

Default cell format #2
In Excel 2002 SP3 the default decimal place formatting in cell properties has changed from 2 decimal places to 4. How do you change back? This has also affected the currency and decimal default formats. Doug One particular workbook or the default new workbook? Format>Style>Normal>Modify. Change the Number format to 2 decimal places. If you have a BOOK.XLT template in your XLSTART folder, you would have to change the Style settings in it. All workbooks? Could be your Windows Regional and Language Options got changed. Start>Settings>Control Panel>Regional and Langua...

Hyperlinks in Outlook 2007 with Windows 7
I did a fresh install of Windows 7 and Office 2007 and right off the bat the end user cannot open up hyperlinks from within outlook. IE8 is the default broswer. No other browsers have been installed. I all reset IE8 from the advanced tab and also unintalled and reinstalled IE8 as well. Troy See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Troy" <Troy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D34D8C9-CCB1-4F...

ADO RecordSet Save generates "Access Denied" error (80070005)
I have an Access DB with some code that has been (and still is) running fine for a long time. I have recently set up a few Windows 7 x64 machines, and this bombs on those machines only. (other machines are Vista 32-bit). The code is using an ADODB RecordSet to create a new record (AddNew), sets the various columns to appropriate values, and then does a Save. I get the Access Denied error on the Save command, but when I examine the table, the record has been created successfully. Any ideas on what is different between the two environments that might be causing this? Any t...

Third party utilites to synch two computers (Outlook 2007)
Hi, Because synchronizing two computers with Outlook 2007 seems a daunting task that involves copying PST, some files in the program directory and some other in the registry, could someone recommend any third party utility to do the job ? Thanks Bangali Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Bangali asked: | Hi, |=20 | Because synchronizin...

Losing Conditional Formatting
Hello, I have an MS Project file from which I have certain tasks paste linked into Excel. In Excel I have some conditional formatting set up for those tasks. When I save and close the Excel file and reopen it , all of the conditional formatting I just created is gone. Is there something with the linking between Project and Excel that affects conditional formatting? thx, Jeff ...