Restrict a Text Box

Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
line!

--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb

0
Bob
3/16/2010 10:55:03 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Bob,

In size or in characters?  Not sure I understand...

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
line!

--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb
Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

0
Gina
3/16/2010 11:13:32 PM
Thanks Gina, Actually in size because someone could enter some data on the
next line and it wont be seen
Regards Bob
"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> Bob,
>
> In size or in characters?  Not sure I understand...
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
> line!
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> MS Access 2007 accdb
> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

0
Bob
3/17/2010 12:01:11 AM
Bob,

Then what you would want is characters...  You could put something like this
in the On_Exit of the field...

'Watch out for word wrap
Private Sub txtYourTextBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
    If Len([txtText]) > ??? Then
        MsgBox "You have exceeded the ??? character limit by " &
Len([txtText]) - ??? & " characters.  It will not be seen in its entirety",
vbCritical, "Too Many Characters"
        DoCmd.CancelEvent
    End If
End Sub

OR

'------ start of example code ------
Private Sub Text0_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
'Posted by Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Const conMaxChars = 10

    Select Case KeyAscii
        Case vbKeyReturn, vbKeyTab, vbKeyDelete, vbKeyBack
        Case Else
            With Me.Text0
                If Len(.Text) >= conMaxChars Then
                    If .SelLength = 0 Then
                        MsgBox "Sorry, no more than " & conMaxChars & "
characters will fit!"
                        KeyAscii = 0
                    End If
                End If
            End With
    End Select

End Sub
'------ end of example code ------

--

Thanks Gina, Actually in size because someone could enter some data on the
next line and it wont be seen
Regards Bob
"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> Bob,
>
> In size or in characters?  Not sure I understand...
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
> line!
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> MS Access 2007 accdb
> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

0
Gina
3/17/2010 12:21:37 AM
Thanks Gina, Just having trouble with the msgbox!
Regards Bob
Private Sub tbName_Exit(Cancel As Integer)

    If Len([tbName]) > 80 Then
        MsgBox "You have exceeded the 80 characters limit by "
&Len([tbName])  & " characters.  It will not be seen in its entirety",

> Bob,
>
> Then what you would want is characters...  You could put something like
> this
> in the On_Exit of the field...
>
> 'Watch out for word wrap
> Private Sub txtYourTextBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
>    If Len([txtText]) > ??? Then
>        MsgBox "You have exceeded the ??? character limit by " &
> Len([txtText]) - ??? & " characters.  It will not be seen in its
> entirety",
> vbCritical, "Too Many Characters"
>        DoCmd.CancelEvent
>    End If
> End Sub
>
> OR
>
> '------ start of example code ------
> Private Sub Text0_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
> 'Posted by Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
>    Const conMaxChars = 10
>
>    Select Case KeyAscii
>        Case vbKeyReturn, vbKeyTab, vbKeyDelete, vbKeyBack
>        Case Else
>            With Me.Text0
>                If Len(.Text) >= conMaxChars Then
>                    If .SelLength = 0 Then
>                        MsgBox "Sorry, no more than " & conMaxChars & "
> characters will fit!"
>                        KeyAscii = 0
>                    End If
>                End If
>            End With
>    End Select
>
> End Sub
> '------ end of example code ------
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Thanks Gina, Actually in size because someone could enter some data on the
> next line and it wont be seen
> Regards Bob
> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Bob,
>>
>> In size or in characters?  Not sure I understand...
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>> Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
>> line!
>>
>> --
>> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
>> MS Access 2007 accdb
>> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

0
Bob
3/17/2010 12:59:01 AM
Bob,

You didn't say what problem but maybe word wrap?

The below should be all on one line...

> [...]

> next line and it wont be seen
> Regards Bob
> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Bob,
>>
>> In size or in characters?  Not sure I understand...
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>> Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
>> line!
>>
>> --
>> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
>> MS Access 2007 accdb
>> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

3/17/2010 1:11:42 AM
Thanks Gina, All Good
Private Sub tbName_Exit(Cancel As Integer)

    If Len([tbName]) > 60 Then
        MsgBox "You have exceeded the 60 characters limit  "

        DoCmd.CancelEvent
    End If

End Sub
> [...]
>> next line and it wont be seen
>> Regards Bob
>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> Bob,
>>>
>>> In size or in characters?  Not sure I understand...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
>>> line!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
>>> MS Access 2007 accdb
>>> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

3/17/2010 1:24:24 AM
Glad to hear you got it working...  Well, one of them!

You're welcome,
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
Thanks Gina, All Good
> [...]

>> next line and it wont be seen
>> Regards Bob
>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> Bob,
>>>
>>> In size or in characters?  Not sure I understand...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
>>> line!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
>>> MS Access 2007 accdb
>>> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

3/17/2010 1:59:22 AM
jhall@myglnc.com
"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> Bob,
>
> Then what you would want is characters...  You could put something like
> this
> in the On_Exit of the field...
>
> 'Watch out for word wrap
> Private Sub txtYourTextBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
>    If Len([txtText]) > ??? Then
>        MsgBox "You have exceeded the ??? character limit by " &
> Len([txtText]) - ??? & " characters.  It will not be seen in its
> entirety",
> vbCritical, "Too Many Characters"
>        DoCmd.CancelEvent
>    End If
> End Sub
>
> OR
>
> '------ start of example code ------
> Private Sub Text0_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
> 'Posted by Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
>    Const conMaxChars = 10
>
>    Select Case KeyAscii
>        Case vbKeyReturn, vbKeyTab, vbKeyDelete, vbKeyBack
>        Case Else
>            With Me.Text0
>                If Len(.Text) >= conMaxChars Then
>                    If .SelLength = 0 Then
>                        MsgBox "Sorry, no more than " & conMaxChars & "
> characters will fit!"
>                        KeyAscii = 0
>                    End If
>                End If
>            End With
>    End Select
>
> End Sub
> '------ end of example code ------
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Thanks Gina, Actually in size because someone could enter some data on the
> next line and it wont be seen
> Regards Bob
> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Bob,
>>
>> In size or in characters?  Not sure I understand...
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>> Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
>> line!
>>
>> --
>> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
>> MS Access 2007 accdb
>> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

0
James
3/27/2010 3:25:18 PM

"James Hall" <Jhall@microsoft.com> ????
> jhall@myglnc.com
> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Bob,
>>
>> Then what you would want is characters...  You could put something like
>> this
>> in the On_Exit of the field...
>>
>> 'Watch out for word wrap
>> Private Sub txtYourTextBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
>>    If Len([txtText]) > ??? Then
>>        MsgBox "You have exceeded the ??? character limit by " &
>> Len([txtText]) - ??? & " characters.  It will not be seen in its
>> entirety",
>> vbCritical, "Too Many Characters"
>>        DoCmd.CancelEvent
>>    End If
>> End Sub
>>
>> OR
>>
>> '------ start of example code ------
>> Private Sub Text0_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
>> 'Posted by Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
>>    Const conMaxChars = 10
>>
>>    Select Case KeyAscii
>>        Case vbKeyReturn, vbKeyTab, vbKeyDelete, vbKeyBack
>>        Case Else
>>            With Me.Text0
>>                If Len(.Text) >= conMaxChars Then
>>                    If .SelLength = 0 Then
>>                        MsgBox "Sorry, no more than " & conMaxChars & "
>> characters will fit!"
>>                        KeyAscii = 0
>>                    End If
>>                End If
>>            End With
>>    End Select
>>
>> End Sub
>> '------ end of example code ------
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>> Thanks Gina, Actually in size because someone could enter some data on
>> the
>> next line and it wont be seen
>> Regards Bob
>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> Bob,
>>>
>>> In size or in characters?  Not sure I understand...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> Can you restrict a text box to only one line, my text box only shows one
>>> line!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
>>> MS Access 2007 accdb
>>> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

0
z136899587

CTabCtrl and retrieving text with GetItem
I am using the following code to show a popup menu when the user right clicks on a tab in a CTabCtrl: void CTabBar::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { TCHITTESTINFO info; info.pt.x = point.x; info.pt.y = point.y; long tab = m_tabctrl.HitTest(&info); if (tab == -1) return; TCITEM item; item.mask = TCIF_TEXT; if (!m_tabctrl.GetItem(tab, &item)) return; ....... My next step from here was to retrieve item.pszText. However - GetItem is ALWAYS returning false. For example, I have 1 tab and I right click on it. HitTest return 0 (ind...

IE8 Instant search box
Hi All I finally succumbed to the temptation to download IE8. I have spent the last 3/4 of an hour trying to regain control of my browser :-) I have switched off all accelerators and all that other stuff - even figured out how to stop the browser popping up the accelerator icon EVEN though I'd switched them off . . . I am happy to use the instant search box. (It's in a convenient place...). I DO NOT WANT any kind of suggestion from IE8 about what I'm looking for. I KNOW what I'm looking for - and the computer hasn't got a clue . . . So managed to sw...

How do I make numbers become text?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please help, and thank you. From earlier postings: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this, download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here: http://longre.free.fr/english/ It is downloaded in a zip file which also conta...

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

Need an unbound text box and command button (Search)
I need to create an unbound text box with a command button (Search) on my form which will enable the user to find the current record for a space no. I would like the user to only have to type in the space no. My fields are: SpaceNo Current "Yes" I am not experienced at writing code. Thanks so much. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200911/1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:09:36 GMT, "Uschi via AccessMonster.com" <u25116@uwe> wrote: If you don't write code, it may be easier to instruc...

Want Input boxes to accept unicode strings on Standard Windows XP
I have a MFC application that is currently built with MBCS mode. If I run the program on a Chinese OS (Windows XP), the input boxes (Edit Controls) can accept Chinese chars and display correctly. If I run it on a standard English XP, the input boxes won't accept Chinese chars (display as "????") -- please note that I have already installed CKJ on the system and IE and Outlook can display Chinese correctly. Is this just because of different MFC libraries used for the application? Can I force the application running on Standard XP to use the unicode libraries so ...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

CONCATENATE text to create a formula to be evaluated
Hi, I am wanting to concatenate a set of text to create a formula. I have done so below. =CONCATENATE("=MAX('",O1,"'!A3:A65536)") The result is: =MAX('2009'!A3:A65536) ....but it treats this as a text string when I try to use INDIRECT Cell O1 contains the year minus 1. In this case O1 = 2009. All of my worksheets are named as a year e.g. 2007....2008....2009...2010. I am entering this on sheet 2010. Now the real question: How do I make another cell evaluate this string as an actual formula and spit out the highest number for ...

text in formula
Help!!! Is there a way to have a formula where a cell with text is in it, but it is not included in the formula. Like I have a random cell that appears sometimes within the range but because it is text and I do not want to include it in the formula. Is there a certain "symbol" that could be used? HELP!! Hi maureen, It depends on what the actual formula is, but *some* functions ignore text entries. You could use the ISNUMBER function to include only those entries that are numbers. Post your formula for a more detailed reply. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Help...

Linking text within Excel-- help!
I have a mailing list that I will be importing into Excel, and am trying to link the names on the list to invoices for those people on the list. Can I do this in Excel by using links? The Excel help feature only seems to describe links with figures (numbers), not text. e.g. Mr. Bill Jones, 123 Main Street, Middletown, OK 40404 (each word in its own cell in the mailing list worksheet) ....would link to a worksheet that had Bill Jones' name and address but also indicted that he purchased a $100 product on June 15 and his bill has been paid in full. My questions: 1. Each of the 300 or...

Selecting Text Box
Is there a keyboard command that one can use with the mouse to select the text box (frame) rather than trigger the Edit Text mode? When there are many objects on the page, getting the mouse to click on the right frame can be a real problem. But if the cursor is in the right box, some keyboard command (with or without the mouse) should help select the right object. Thanks! ...

Deleting a single character in a text field
In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. hi, ma1000 wrote: > In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i > would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in > excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. Create a update query, use Replace([yourField], ".", "") as new value. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

descriptive statistics
I have a survey which has some text answers and some numerical answers. I need to complete histogram and descriptive statistics on this data but I get an error message stating my "data contains non-numerice input". Does that mean all data has to be converted to nummerical format? one way to solve theproblem use count if suppose non numeric data for e.g. a.s.d.f.g etc are in A1 to A100 find out unique set by using advance filter and then use countif function "allen367" <allen367@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3E2CE4F-7A2E-47FF-8B6E-D88EFF52C...

Lines of text move when viewed in print preview and printed
I am inserting pictures with-in paragraphs of text. I have tried formating as both exact and in-line, using top/bottom. The text moves up 1-2 lines when printed or viewed in print preview. This change in text lines also happens when view is changed from 50% to 100%. I am working with two column text and the pictures are inserted into each column. How can I fix this problem? What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? You people that think we have crystal balls or are mind readers are exasperating! -- >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows and Publi...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

check boxes
I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer using check boxes. I sent that template to my laptop to complete working on the template and the check boxes now show up like this: {form check box} How do I get this to go back to a check box? Hi JOLOJO58, Simple: Press Alt-F9 to toggle the field code view. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "JOLOJO58" <JOLOJO58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C83A55C-B768-43BE-A171-762EEA78DEAC@microsoft.com... >I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer...

extracting numbers from a text field and applying formula
here's my question... i have a cell that has a text field of this type: '9-19' (a-b) I want to create a formula that will subtract 19-9 (b-a) and return the result as a number// can anyone help?! is this even doable? I'd really appreciate it! PS also, i'm very fairly new at excel so a detailed response with th formula would really help! ALe ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try: =MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99)-LEFT(A1,FIND("...

Combo box #18
Hi I'd like to have a drop-down list in one cell and based on the selection in this cell, there needs to be another list of drop downs in an adjacent cell. How do i do this? Eg - first cell would have drop down - A, B , C If A is selected, the drop-down needed in anotehr cell is AA, AB, AC, AD. And if B is selected, the second cell should drop down BA, BB, BC, BD. Pls help. thanks > I'd like to have a drop-down list in one cell and based on > the selection in this cell, there needs to be another list > of drop downs in an adjacent cell. How do i do this? See here h...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

Formating, paragraph marks, boxes etc, how do I get rid of them?
One day I opened up excel and it had all these marks for formating in my form. This also happened in word. How do I get rid of them? Josh: In Word, paragraph marks can be turned on/off by clicking the paragraph icon (looks like a capital P but with two, vertical strokes instead of one). I just finished wandering through Excel 2000 looking for the same icon and the only mention of the paragraph mark is related to object linking and embedding. I've also done a lot of forms in Excel and don't remember ever running into paragraph marks. Are you using OLE in the spreadsheet...

Using combo boxes
I am trying to use a combo box control to access a list of data. i am having problems 'pointing' the combo box to the list of data I would like to use. Where do I tell the box where to look ??? thanks PS I cannot use the 'forms' combo box as this has does not allow me to type in the combo box. Look at the Listfillrange property. On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 "Disco" <stuart_langan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >I am trying to use a combo box control to access a list of >data. >i am having problems 'pointing' the combo box to the list >of data I would l...

How do make a text with broken underline #2
I've seen in a sample template for brochure a text with broken underline and the underline color can be change to other color, I was trying to find out how to do it. Maybe someone here knows how, I would be very grateful. ...