Report Template

I am trying to create a default report template - once I have created the
template, I change the default from "Normal" to the name of my report
template in the Access Options dialog box, in the Object Designers area,
under Forms/Reports in the Report Template text box - however when I create a
new report I do not get all of the controls that have been set up in my
template - I only get the background colors. I need to show my company logo,
the page numbers, the date and time, and a title - but none of these appear
when I create a new report based on my template.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Check www.allenbrowne.com I think he has a solution for default report pages.

"bbruestle" wrote:

> I am trying to create a default report template - once I have created the
> template, I change the default from "Normal" to the name of my report
> template in the Access Options dialog box, in the Object Designers area,
> under Forms/Reports in the Report Template text box - however when I create a
> new report I do not get all of the controls that have been set up in my
> template - I only get the background colors. I need to show my company logo,
> the page numbers, the date and time, and a title - but none of these appear
> when I create a new report based on my template.
What version of Access are you using and what OS?

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
3/12/2008 2:34:52 PM
I am using Access 2007, Windows Vista

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> What version of Access are you using and what OS?
>
> bbruestle wrote:
> >I am trying to create a default report template - once I have created the
> >template, I change the default from "Normal" to the name of my report
> >template in the Access Options dialog box, in the Object Designers area,
> >under Forms/Reports in the Report Template text box - however when I create a
> >new report I do not get all of the controls that have been set up in my
> >template - I only get the background colors. I need to show my company logo,
> >the page numbers, the date and time, and a title - but none of these appear
> >when I create a new report based on my template.
>
> --
> RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

If we had a sample to work on we might be able to figure out what is going on.
You would have to use one of those free upload sites since this forum does
not allow binaries.  Short of that, I doubt I will be of much help.

bbruestle wrote:
>I am using Access 2007, Windows Vista
>
>> What version of Access are you using and what OS?
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>> >the page numbers, the date and time, and a title - but none of these appear
>> >when I create a new report based on my template.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy

Copying only report sheets
Hi: Happy new year. I created a MS excel workbook which has 4 data sheets and 4 report sheets. Each report sheet links to each data sheet. Now I want to create another workbook that will show only the 4 report sheets. How can I do it in VB code? Agin, in each report sheet, I copy and paste data from data sheet and thus each report points to individual data sheet. Workbookname: ctces sheet names:dat1,rep1,dat2,rep2,dat3,rep3,dat4,rep4 Best wishes and thanks -- jesmin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jesmin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

problem creating report
I have 15 working forms from 2 diferant colums from one table what I want is to run each query on its own line of a report with 4 calculations at the end I can select 1 query and produce the first line but how do I move to second line and query? thanks Duane Hookom wrote: > This is a really unusual question. What do your forms and columns have to do > with your queries and report? > > A report can have only one record source. This record source could be a > union query. You can also use subreports to display additional queries. > thank you ...

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

Calendar Template
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I really need to download a 2010 calendar for excel - there does not seem to be anything compatible to download on to my system. <br><br>Any tips? HayleyB@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I really > need to download a 2010 calendar for excel - there does not seem to be > anything compatible to download on to my system. > > Any tips? There's a boat-load of templates on the Microsoft Office web site. You may need Stuffit Expander to uns...

Invoice Template #2
Hi, I am using the invoice template in Office XP. My problem is that the current default currency is the $, I require the �. I have tried the excel help and changing the currency symbol whilst in the invoice works, but as soon as I open a new one it reverts back to the $ sign. Is there a way to set the � sign as default. In Office 2000 I had no problems at all. Thank's in advance. OS (XP Pro) is set to UK English and so is the keyboard. Regards, Monty. ...

Delivery report #2

CRM 3 Email template issue
Greetings all, I have created an email template that includes accountcategorycode in the following context: This customer's SLA is {!Account:Service Level;not set}. When the email is triggered, the text looks like: This customer's SLA is 6. instead of reflecting the label for the value. I'd like it to display: This customer's SLA is <SLA info from the label>. Am I expecting this to function a way that it can't easily? Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. -Sam ...

Using a listbox selection to limit records in a form and report
I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the results of a form to just those names. On a similar track, I want to use the selected names to limit a report. I have the listbox created and have added a button next to it to initiate the next step, but cannot figure out how to do it. Also, would like to (if possible) use multiple listboxs in the same way (ie, name and/or department). "dascooper" <dascooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1227B7CC-3345-4FDC-8EB0-94BEF46660FD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the resu...

Accounting templates
Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 Kaye Browse through the Excel section of the MS Template Gallery. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:59:05 -0800, "Kaye" <Kaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income >statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 ...

Do you offer an ID Badge template?
Does Microsoft offer ID badge templates in Publisher or Word or where? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=identification -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wayne H" <Wayne H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F503B94B-21F4-44A1-8179-CBEBDA52A109@microsoft.com... > Does Microsoft offer ID badge templates in Publisher or Word or where? ...

RFP Checklist template
I need a template for an RFP Requirements Checklist (Excel or Word). It would be great if it were tailored to RFPs for Content Management, Document Management or Workflow solution applications. ...

Discrepancy with report and x/z tape for weighted items
We sell chocolates by weight at one of our stores and we have found that there is a rounding issue with this item, it processes correctly but at the time of closing the sales amounts on the x/z report do not match, it is usually a penny different but because of this the batch won't integrate to our accounting software (Great Plains). Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

template?
I have several word doc. pages that I would like to convert into email templates that I can send to various contacts as needed. The docs. have graphics etc. already. Is there a way to drop them into an email message and keep them as a template? -- Trying to get ahead Outlook and Word versions?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "G...

Print 2 reports
Hi, Is it possible to print 2 copies of my report using the following code? thanks. ************************************************* Private Sub Command27_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command27_Click Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[WarehouseID] = " & Me.[WarehouseID] DoCmd.OpenReport "rptWarehouse", acViewNormal, , strWhere DoCmd.GoToRecor...

Report based on parameter query
I have a report that is based on an ordinary parameter query (i.e. right now it pops up dialogs asking for three values that it needs for its where clause). I use this query in several places, so I don't want to make the parameters dependent on specific form controls, which is the only information I've been able to find on google on feeding parameters in a report query's Recordsource. What I actually want to happen is to make a button in the main switchboard which, when pressed, will look up those values in a different query I already have and then use those to populate th...

Modifying Address Book Templates
I'm following direction from the Administrators Pocket Consultant for Exchange Server 2003. I want to create a template that people will see when opening the details of someone in the GAL. I'm trying to modify the "Internet Address" template in ESM on Exchange Server 2003/Win2k3. I have full control of this box, information stores as well as the AD Schema but I can't seem to access the add or modify buttons in this template. I've never done this before so please point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - T...

Opening an Excel template from a 3rd party app
I am running a 3rd party app & have have created a menu item in this app which opens a Excel template. The only problem that it opens the Excel template and not a xls file based on the template & this causes sharing problems as multple users use this spreadsheet. Is there a switch or different command in the command line that I have to put in to open as an xls file? The command line I have is: Excel.Sheet.8, [Open("F:\Excel Forms\Application Form.xlt")] Using Excel 2002 TIA -- Tony Barb. I tried "New" in the command line & it worked!. Many thanks ...

Help! Crystal Hist Stock Status Report
We just changed our procedures in Sales Order Processing so the GL Posting Date is different than the Document Date. This has caused a problem with the Crystal Report that works as an inventory stock status report. I can fix it if I can get access to the GL posting date. My report has the following tables, IV00101, IV00102 & IV30300. The IV30300 only has a document date field available. Anybody know how I can tie this report to another table to get the GL posting date? The GP hist stock status can do this because it has a report option to key off the GL posting date. I believ...

Multiple Unrelated Queries In One Report or Form?
Hello guys, I've been tasked with generating a report for my boss that provides an overview of our core database statistics. This includes the total number of orders placed each month and the total value of orders placed each month. I also need to provide the same information for purchase orders, quotations and discrepancy reports. Each individual query is a piece of cake on its own but how can I display all of this information either in a form or preferably in a nicely formatted report? The queries are all completely unrelated so there's no way I can somehow joi...

.xls Report opens rather than Snapshot Report
I�m using AK2000. The database has seven users and is split into a frontend and backend. The backend is on a novell server. The frontends are located on the users pc�s. All of the users have identical frontends and they were able to E-Mail reports in snapshot format. A few days ago when two of the users tried to E-Mail snapshot reports the reports were created in .xls format rather than .snp format. I have had our IT staff reload snapshotviewer on the two pc�s, however, that did not fix the problem. Has anyone had any problems like this? Were you able to fix it? ...

report by date 02-19-08
->Hi, ->My project is in MS Access 2002. ->In that I have one form which I am using to generate report by date. ->In that form I have two three fields StartDate,EndDate,ItemNo all are of type [B]Text[/B]. ->Now when I select StartDate and EndDate both of same Year then its working properly. ->But if I select StartDate from Previous Year and Today's Date as EndDate then it will simply show results of current year and only of StartDate. ->Means if i enter StartDate=1/1/2007 and EndDate=02/19/2008 then it will show all results of current year(1/1/2008-02/19/2008) and resu...

Using OLE frame with an Excel sheet for a report template 04-09-07
I am trying to use an Excel file as a template for an Access report. Linked the excel file through OLE frame with the properties set as follows: Source Doc : C:\sajit\test.xls Source Item : test1 where test1 is the range name in which the template is. I also have other sheets which are used as templates for other reports. The templates were made by making a 'Copy' 'Sheet' from the previous sheet, each sheet contains one template range. When I preview the report, Access picks the wrong template, even though the filename and the range name specified in properties are cor...

Customize reports 07-22-04
Hi, I need to customize a report or create a new report. I try to install Crystal Report Enhanced version on the CRM Server computer but I get an error message. With Crystal Report Enhanced I can to development new reports? Thanks in advance Carlos no, thats just a module so that when you use Crystal Reports it can properly connect to CRM -Gary "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255501c47022$6ed9c120$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > I need to customize a report or create a new report. > > I try to install Crystal Rep...

Count number of records on a report page
Hi All, My report has several grouping levels and works OK. I am OK with creating a text box to count the entire number of records in a report and in a group. But I've been asked to count the number of records printed on any given report page. How can I do this? I'm using version 2003. Thanks in advance TRY this. Add a control to the detail line to number the detail lines Name: txtLineCount Control Source: =1 Running Sum: OverAll Add a control to the page header Name: txtPageStart Control Source: =[txtLineCount] Add a control to the page footer Name: txtRecCount Control Sour...

Dsum in report header problem
I have a text box in a report header where I need to use dsum because the I need the sum of fields in a table that is not the recordsource of the report. I've hit errors or undesired results no matter what I've tried. From code (rpt header format), if the first record in the table matches the criteria, it returns the sum of all records. If the first record doesn't match the criteria, it returns nothing. Me.Text127.ControlSource = "=DSum('[CostPerPaycheck]','tblSavingsFunds',[fundstatus] = 'Waiting')" From code (rpt header format), when att...