Report Help 05-24-07

I have just created a report the prints to my label printer.

The  report has a text box for each line of the address with printing
initiated from a button within the individual record on a form.

My question is is there a way to suppress empty text boxes in the report as
some of the records that don't have all the address fields populated look
odd spaced out by the empty records

Grateful for any help

Paul

0
Paul
5/24/2007 9:21:03 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In news:3ln5i.5530$F_4.2937@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net,
Paul Martin <ricketrescue@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have just created a report the prints to my label printer.
>
> The  report has a text box for each line of the address with printing
> initiated from a button within the individual record on a form.
>
> My question is is there a way to suppress empty text boxes in the
> report as some of the records that don't have all the address fields
> populated look odd spaced out by the empty records

How well it works depends on how you have the text boxes laid out, but
you can set each text box's Can Shrink property to Yes.  That will let
the the text box essentially disappear if it's blank and there's nothing
else on the same line with it.

If that doesn't work, you can use a single text box for the whole
address, giving it a controlsource expression that assembles the address
from the individual fields, skipping those that are blank.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Help with Excel
I have windows xp on my new computer and it don't support excel, i have file on my old computer with excel how can i get excel to work with my xp version You will need to put Excel on your new machine - it is NOT part of Windows. If you have the Excel or MS Office disk from the old machine you can use that to install the applications on the new PC. Of course, once you have it running you must uninstall the apps for the old PC. You can install Excel 97, Excel 2000, Excel 2002 or Excel 2003 on the new PC. If you do not have the disks then you are in for a shopping spree. Best wishes Berna...

Frx Reports to be use on other client machines without installing
Hi, I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want to run these reports on other clients machine without installing the Frx. Can u please tell me the correct way. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Dexdev" wrote: > Hi, > > I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance > sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want t...

help #12
i cannot access my emails ...

Excel charts won't appear or preview. Help!
Hello, In Excell 2003 I cannot get my charts or graphs to appear or preview. I was able too at first. But I accidentally hit right click and then clear several times after having created template line chart for the first time. This subsequently one at a time removed different aspects of my chart until my chart was gone. And now i cannot get the charts to appear again. Not even a preview. Thank you in advance foe your help and advice. This problim has been solved. Thank you. ...

Charting 3 columns help
I am working on a staffing chart with three columns: Staffing Time Incident 6 3 1234 15 9 1234 I would like a graph to show the "Time" on the left the "Incident" on the bottom and Staffing in the chart I have racked my brain and have not figured out how, to make the chart work that is :o) Do I need to re-arrange the columns? a different way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve In your brief sample, Incident has no variation. How do you want staffing to appear in the cha...

Lifetime Planner Report
I printed the 20 pages of the Lifetime Planner and notice that several of the graphs on the later pages show blank. Does anyone know how to view the Lifetime Planner report before printing or save to a separate file for viewing and printing. >-----Original Message----- >I printed the 20 pages of the Lifetime Planner and notice >that several of the graphs on the later pages show blank. > >Does anyone know how to view the Lifetime Planner report >before printing or save to a separate file for viewing and >printing. >. > I have the same problem --- did you ge...

reporting services report delivery
We recently moved our 2K3 Exchange server from an older machine to a new one. After the migration our reporting services reports delivered via email no longer show the KPI graph images embedded in the reports. Only a red x is displayed. You cannont right click on the picture and get the picture to show. This happed at the same time we moved to the new serve so I am guessing I missed a setting during the move. Any suggestions where I may have missed something? CSL1973 <CSL1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We recently moved our 2K3 Exchange server from an older machin...

Help with what should be a simple formula..
Hi guys! I'm blanking out on how to write this simple formula, and honestly, not sure how to search the forum for help with this particular one. I'm trying to find profit margins basically. I want to break down profits into 1 Hr, 2 Hrs 8 hrs, etc.. for example, I the time it takes to produce item#1...say 10 Minutes.. In the 1 hr box want to figure out the profit based on 60 minutes of work.. My table looks like this.. A1=Item#1; B1=Cost to make Item; C1=Selling Price; D1=Time to make Item; E1=60 Minute profit; E2=120 Minute Profie.etc.tec.etc. A2=Item#2................................

Formula Help Please?
I'm trying to figure out the best formula to resolve the following: A B C Name Jan. Feb 1 Barb 8 3 2 Group 4 5 3 Ernest 6 7 4 Group 7 9 5 Heidi 9 4 6 Group 4 8 7 Total ____ ______ What we are trying to accomplish, is a formula that totals the values in column "B", however, those values which are "group" (B2, B4 & B6) should be multipl...

help with loading ACT into Outlook2000?
help lol, can't seem to do it any suggestions? thanks Try Act! support? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | help lol, can't seem to do it any suggestions? thanks ...

CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors
Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The second error I get is : Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. Chris Holub MCP CCNA 1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing, can you send me detail or s...

help on composing an aging report for transactions
hello all, I am new to SSRS. I need some help on how to create an aging report in ssrs. This is what my report should look like: Month identify $ $closed $Recovered $Open 0-30day 31-60day Jan 2009 $$$ $$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ I am having trouble on the days column. My user want these fields to contains the total $$ amt that was recovered in 0 - 30days and 31 - 60 days. how to do that? Please help.... Sherry From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_0_0_0_0_0/sql-...

Report Writer and effective dated tables
Hi, I am new to using report writer. I am trying to write a report that will just pull back the latest effecitve dated row by employee. A SQL statement that can do this would be something like: SELECT MAX(effective_date) FROM myTable WHERE effective_date <= Now(); I can not figure out how to do this in Report Writer. Any suggestions? Anyone know if this is possible? "badabing" wrote: > Hi, I am new to using report writer. I am trying to write a report that will > just pull back the latest effecitve dated row by employee. > > A SQL statement that can do thi...

CRM/Help Desk Software
Does Microsoft have a CRM solution comparable to Remedy Help Desk or Avaya. If someone can assist it would be greatly appreciated. CB Hi Carleton, I'm not aware of a Microsoft helpdesk but if you are simply just looking for alternatives, we are using a product called ieSupportManager. If you do a search on Google you will find the website. A free trial version is available which is fully functional. We purchased two copies. We use one for helpdesk / issue tracking and we use the other copy for bug tracking and defect tracking ( although it is primarily a helpdesk product ). There i...

HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
Hi all, I've had this Presario 2195US laptop for 4-5 years; running XP from SP1 to (now) SP3... no problems. 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to connect a 160gb USB-encased hard drive with no luck... proceeding along I pretty much hosed my windows. Anyway, I decided to reformat/install a copy of XP Pro w/SP3 (thought XP Home didn't like 160gb) and, after a few MS updates, every time I boot the system it shows the DESKTOP, the bottom left of the TaskBar and NOTHING on bottom-right. Cursor moves, I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and, when I move cursor to TaskBar area... cursor turns in...

Need help setting up fields on a liquor store import file.
What is the best way to set up the fields on the excel sheet (import) for a liquor store. Should I put the size of the bottle with the extended description or should i put the size in the sub description? I also have sku's (item lookup codes) for each child item but do not have one for the parent (a case of the product). How should I handle this? Do I make up my own lookup codes or should i just not use the parent child relationship and store everything as a child? What benefits does each one have? I always include the size in the primary description field. I always keep the d...

need help with tables so form okat- multiple equipment for 1 job
Here goes. I know this should be simple not sure why I can't see this right. Here is what I want to end up with not sure the best way to set up the tables to get what I want. and/or best way to create the form(from a query) or using form wizard pulling in tables that I need. I want to END up with a Form for all possible JOBS(cleaning jobs) with equipment needed and soaps needed for each job. There are many pieces of equipment for each job - mop, bucket, etc.(can't figure out how to get this in a form without listing with a comma) Have so far - don't thinks the tables a...

HELP
On 2/10/2010 several MS Updates came up and I installed them. After that I found out I could NOT disable my Network Connection (right-click Taskbar Tray icon, select Disable). I the a dialog (screenshot at link below)... "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account." http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfzwvmhi0aj/NetworkConnections.jpg Note that BEFORE I installed the updates on the same day I COU...

Another time calculation issue, thanks for any help!
Hello All, I was hoping to do this without to much difficulty but not having much luck. I got the round down to the nearest 15 minutes. NOW I would like to round up to the nearest 15 minutes (ie. .25, .5, .75 ONLY), in fifteen minute intervals. Here's some of what I've tried so far... Round(1.2/0.6,0) answer: 2 would like 1.25 Int(1.9*8.0+0.6)/8.0 answer: 1.875 would like 2 -Int(-1.2)/60 answer 1.66 would like 1.25 I store the time in decimal format (I need that for another calculation which works perfectly). Any Ideas? Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical...

ciao 12-06-07
ciao robi cm va???? ...

How to make a filter in a report?
I know this may be a odd question considering the number of posts on filters in reports... but I can't find anywhere a description on how to create a filter (input box) in the report in the first place. I have joined the source with a query that contains "total sales" for each customer and I want to filter the report so that only sales above x dollars are shown. I presume there's a way to make a textbox / select list that can be used to enter the value (sales) and operator (< >) to filter the output (report)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden Mikael Lindqvist wrote: >...

Report Footer 02-11-10
I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the details section, on the last page of the report. Is there an easy way for me to force the report footer to the bottom of the page (like the page footer is)? On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:06:01 -0800, RSteph wrote: > I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear > at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the > details section, on the last page of the...

Import New Reports in to CRM 3.0
I have created several reports in Visual Studio. Is there a way to 'import' them into CRM so that all users can use them? Also is there a way to have these reports run on a schedule? thanks! Christian ...

Help with a summary
Hi all - I hope I ask my question clearly.. I would like to make a summary of one spreadsheet on another in the same workbook. The problem is that I have weekly columns and I want the summary to reflect only the most current column, which is not an accumulated total of the previous weeks. Is there a way to: In Sheet1 ask Excel to "Show the furthest right column" from Sheet2? I tried to do a lookup function but it was getting far too messy and not really working the way that I had hoped Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you! Kristine the trick is to put in a number that is h...

email newsletter help publisher 2002
Hi, i have office xp 2002...anyways, I want to create a newsletter to send via email, preferable not as an attachment..how exactly do i do this..thanks, Kasey www.weaim2pleez.com Create it as a web page, copy and paste into the email and send as HTML. Many folks will not accept HTML emails because of security reasons. Use the PDF alternative. Free writers are around. http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "weaim2pleez.com" <weaim2pleez.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...