follows:
Date: Format([tblInvoices.InvDate], "dd/mm/yyyy")               (UK format)
In the Query, this is fine - just the date, no time shown.
I saved an export spec in the Advanced bit of the File/Export wizard.
But in the resulting csv, there are six zeroes representing the time!
However if I do a manual export by following exactly the same process but
not saving it as a spec, it works fine and the time characters do not appear.
There doesn't seem to be any other more detailed option in the Advanced
window, to fine tune this. So why does it fail to exclude the time when I use
the saved export spec?
Many thanks
CW
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Saving an export specification shouldn't change the exported format, but
it's possible that your use of Date as the field's alias is a "clue" to Jet
that you want to export a date with the time. Try changing the alias to
something else, such as InvoiceDate.
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"CW" <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot remove the time from the date when exporting invoice data to a csv
> file.
> I have followed previous advice and created a query based on my
> tblInvoices
> table, in which I have formatted the InvDate field in the Design Grid as
> follows:
> Date: Format([tblInvoices.InvDate], "dd/mm/yyyy")               (UK
> format)
> In the Query, this is fine - just the date, no time shown.
> I saved an export spec in the Advanced bit of the File/Export wizard.
> But in the resulting csv, there are six zeroes representing the time!
> However if I do a manual export by following exactly the same process but
> not saving it as a spec, it works fine and the time characters do not
> appear.
> There doesn't seem to be any other more detailed option in the Advanced
> window, to fine tune this. So why does it fail to exclude the time when I
> use
> the saved export spec?
> Many thanks
> CW

0
Ken
12/31/2007 5:53:07 PM
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 05:19:01 -0800, CW <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I saved an export spec in the Advanced bit of the File/Export wizard.
>But in the resulting csv, there are six zeroes representing the time!
>However if I do a manual export by following exactly the same process but
>not saving it as a spec, it works fine and the time characters do not appear.
>There doesn't seem to be any other more detailed option in the Advanced
>window, to fine tune this. So why does it fail to exclude the time when I use
>the saved export spec?

Probably because the saved spec was based on the Table, rather than on the
Query. Try recreating it based on the query.

Also change the name Date: on the query definition; that's a reserved word for
the builtin Date() function and Access may well get confused which you mean.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
12/31/2007 6:05:02 PM
Thanks John and Ken - I have changed the fieldname to InvoiceDate and
modified the export spec to reflect this new name. Sadly, no improvement - I
still get the time shown in the csv as 6 zeros!

> Thanks John and Ken - I have changed the fieldname to InvoiceDate and
> modified the export spec to reflect this new name. Sadly, no improvement -
> still get the time shown in the csv as 6 zeros!

dump the use of the export spec until you get this working. I am un-able
reproduce your problem...

I suspect you have your export spec set as "date" for the export..and you
only need it to set it as a string, since this is just a export after
all....

Force it as a string in your spec, or dump the use of the spec.....

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
12/31/2007 8:03:14 PM
I'm not aware of having set the export spec to anything (i.e. date or string)
- there didn't seem to be any way to do this - how would I "force it" to be a
string as you suggest?
Thanks
CW

"Albert D. Kallal" wrote:

> "CW" <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks John and Ken - I have changed the fieldname to InvoiceDate and
> > modified the export spec to reflect this new name. Sadly, no improvement -
> > still get the time shown in the csv as 6 zeros!
> >
> dump the use of the export spec until you get this working. I am un-able
> reproduce your problem...
>
> I suspect you have your export spec set as "date" for the export..and you
> only need it to set it as a string, since this is just a export after
> all....
>
> Force it as a string in your spec, or dump the use of the spec.....
>

> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

How are you exporting the query and using the export specification? Perhaps
the syntax for that export code is not correct, and your specification is
not being used at all?

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"CW" <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks John and Ken - I have changed the fieldname to InvoiceDate and
> modified the export spec to reflect this new name. Sadly, no improvement -
> still get the time shown in the csv as 6 zeros!
>
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 05:19:01 -0800, CW <CW@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I saved an export spec in the Advanced bit of the File/Export wizard.
>> >But in the resulting csv, there are six zeroes representing the time!
>> >However if I do a manual export by following exactly the same process
>> >but
>> >not saving it as a spec, it works fine and the time characters do not
>> >appear.
>> >There doesn't seem to be any other more detailed option in the Advanced
>> >window, to fine tune this. So why does it fail to exclude the time when
>> >I use
>> >the saved export spec?
>>
>> Probably because the saved spec was based on the Table, rather than on
>> the
>> Query. Try recreating it based on the query.
>>
>> Also change the name Date: on the query definition; that's a reserved
>> word for
>> the builtin Date() function and Access may well get confused which you
>> mean.
>>
>>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Ken
1/1/2008 5:19:04 PM
> I'm not aware of having set the export spec to anything (i.e. date or
> string)
> - there didn't seem to be any way to do this - how would I "force it" to
> be a
> string as you suggest?

In your format command, you could add a cstr() command to *force* the result
as a string.

That way, the delimiters, and date settings in the spec WILL BE ignored (the
m/d/y settings, and also stuff like the check box to export as a 4 digit
year).

As mentioned, if you don't use a spec, then the date settings for export in
the spec ARE ignored, but, then your international date settings from your
control panel *may* be an issue. So, I am suggesting  EITHER WAY (using a
spec, or NOT using a spec) to force the result as a string. Therefore we
simply will by-pass any issues of date formatting that "windows" date
settings might effect this, and we also by-pass any settings that ms-access
(in the spec) for dates also...

eg:

cstr(format([dateField],"MM/dd/yyyy"))

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

0
Albert
1/2/2008 1:22:59 AM
Ken -
I'm using a command btn that fires a macro set up as follows:
Action: TransferText
Transfer Type: Export Delimited
Spec Name: InvoiceExport Export Specification
Table Name: qryInvoiceTransfer
File Name: .....\My Documents\InvoiceExport.csv
Has Field Names: No
I hope that's the info you need, and many thanks for your continued
assistance!
CW

"Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:

> How are you exporting the query and using the export specification? Perhaps
> the syntax for that export code is not correct, and your specification is
> not being used at all?
>
> --
>
>         Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "CW" <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks John and Ken - I have changed the fieldname to InvoiceDate and
> > modified the export spec to reflect this new name. Sadly, no improvement -
> > still get the time shown in the csv as 6 zeros!
> >
> > "John W. Vinson" wrote:

> >> Probably because the saved spec was based on the Table, rather than on
> >> the
> >> Query. Try recreating it based on the query.
> >>
> >> Also change the name Date: on the query definition; that's a reserved
> >> word for
> >> the builtin Date() function and Access may well get confused which you
> >> mean.
> >>
> >>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Your macro's setup looks correct. I'm at a loss for why you're seeing this,
other than Albert Kallal's most recent suggestion about explicitly casting
the output as a string value. See his post elsethread.

--

> Ken -
> I'm using a command btn that fires a macro set up as follows:
> Action: TransferText
> Transfer Type: Export Delimited
> Spec Name: InvoiceExport Export Specification
> Table Name: qryInvoiceTransfer
> File Name: .....\My Documents\InvoiceExport.csv
> Has Field Names: No
> I hope that's the info you need, and many thanks for your continued
> assistance!
> CW
>

> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> How are you exporting the query and using the export specification?
>> Perhaps
>> the syntax for that export code is not correct, and your specification is
>> not being used at all?
>>
>> --
>>
>>         Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>

>> "CW" <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks John and Ken - I have changed the fieldname to InvoiceDate and
>> > modified the export spec to reflect this new name. Sadly, no
>> > improvement -
>> > still get the time shown in the csv as 6 zeros!

0
Ken

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

first time linking worksheets need some info and help
I'm trying to link 4 cells with dates in them to be inputted into the second sheet for calculation. BUT the info is in a cycle. So basically I need it to link and stay. But when I do the next cycle, I need the info to change. I do have a column that is counting the cycles. So can I make it so it'll link the info until the cycle number changes? (a Formula???) if so how do i put a link and formula together. Also if this is figured out,can you possibly link a cell to two different worksheets within a workbook? Thank You Bryan Bloom Hi, Can you give an example as to what you are...

Run Time error 1004
Hi, I am trying to programmatically copy the text contents of one cell (including formatting) on one worksheet to a merged range on another. I get the error in the title when I run the macro initially... then strangely it works with no error after failing to run it a couple of times. My code is as follows: Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("admin").Select Range("A2").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Submission Form").Select Range("D6:G8").Select End With Selecti...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Forced Removal of Failed Exchange 5.5 Server
A failing Exchange 5.5 infrastructure prompted a rapid migration to Exchange 2000. A mixed mode environment was created and all security principals and data was moved to the new servers before the old server failed. Exchange 2000 is functioning and about to be integrated into an Exchange 2003 environment. However, there is still a grayed-out reference to the now failed/non-existent Exchange 5.5 computer. How can this be resolved? You can delete the server object from ADSI Edit. ADSI edit comes with windows 2000/2003 support tools. Open ADSIEdit and navigate down to the servers lev...

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

date/time formatting

How to remove black frame/background around the icon <1183463901.227455.123960@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com>
Hi, I have created a toolbar using Deskband in Visual Studio 6.0. I have added icons for the buttons but for every icon, I see a black background/frame. Even if I open the icon in MS Paint, I see that black frame. Its like all the icons are sqaure in shape and except for the actual picture everything else is black! I have never worked with icons before and I do not know how I can get rid of this. It makes my toolbar look very ugly. Please somebody help EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Normally, icons (.ico) files are actually two bitmaps, a mask bitm...

Time Conversion
I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minutes (1:30) T.I.A. Ed What you could do in an adjacent row or column is format them as Time and then using a formula, divide the input time by 24(hours in a day). >-----Original Message----- >I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which >currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I >have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minut...

removing predefined locked fileds
do someone know by a chance how to remove predefined locked fileds from some forms (like address fileds in the Order form) ? On Feb 4, 1:05 am, "eliran" <eliran...@gmail.com> wrote: > do someone know by a chance how to remove predefined locked fields > from some forms (like address fields in the Order form) ? You can't remove, but can hide them using onLoad event script like this: crmForm.all.ordernumber_c.style.display="none"; crmForm.all.ordernumber_d.style.display="none"; If there are a lot of fields, that you want to hide, you can p...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

Paid Sales Transaction Removal error message
Hola Familia When I try to do run a "Paid Sales Transaction Removal" against a specify customer (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Routines >> Sales >> Paid Transaction Removal) in Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005, I get the following error: [Microsoft] [SQL Native Client] [SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PKRM30101’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.RM30101'. I searched for the error message in Customer Source Knowledge base and found Article ID : 861084, which I followed and it showed the duplicate document (invoice...

Sum Times
I have four fields on a form to show time. I want a seprate "Total" field to add the time between the first two fields and then add the time between the second two fields. Like this: In LunchOut LunchIn Out Total 6:00am 12:00pm 12:30pm 4:30pm 10 hours The first four fields are stored as medium times. Can someone let me know how to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 "ladybug via AccessMonster.com&quo...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

Taking a loooong time for new mailboxes to appear.
Hello, We have a tool which creates a batch of mailboxes, then logs into each one via MAPI to migrate old messages. Today we ran the tool and mailbox-enabled 300+ mailboxes in one go. Although the Exchange tabs were present and the SMTP address was filled out on each user in ADUC, the mailboxes didn't appear in ESM until about an hour later. How is that possible? Manually running RUS didn't help either. We've got one DC and a separate E2k3 server. Thanks, - Alan. Any RED errors in the event logs on that Exchange box during that time> "Alan" wrote: > Hello, ...

Cannot publish or export in Deployment Manager
When I click on "Publish Customization" or "Export Customization" I get an error: Runtime Error! Program: C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What can be causing this, it was working before? Thanks in advance, Bilge Gul ...