remove com add-ins in Office 2007

I have Chinese menues appearing when I enter Access, which I have traced to a
Com Add-In.  I have found a way to disable it,  but want to remove it
permanently. When I try to remove it a message says only an administrator can
remove the Add-In. I am the administrator for Windows operating system on my
computer, but cannot remove a Com Add-In within Access.  What am I missing or
doing wrong?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

What operating system? If Vista or Win 7, find msaccess.exe wherever it is
in Program Files, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Chuck J for Animals" <Chuck J for Animals@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:05444FD3-CE63-4DA1-8745-7B945A65BAF0@microsoft.com...
>I have Chinese menues appearing when I enter Access, which I have traced to
> Com Add-In.  I have found a way to disable it,  but want to remove it
> permanently. When I try to remove it a message says only an administrator
> can
> remove the Add-In. I am the administrator for Windows operating system on
> my
> computer, but cannot remove a Com Add-In within Access.  What am I missing
> or
> doing wrong?

0
Douglas

Junk Mail and Detect and Repair wont work in Office 2003
I am trying to update the Outlook Junk Mail filters, KB914454 it wont let me in Office 2003 it continually shows the shield icon saying I have an update to complete when I do it fails, tried to repair, that fails too, should I try install even tho my software or CD is Office 2003 and I have SP2 on the computer already or is there a registry fix, do I really need Junk Mail, how can I stop this update from happening, I use AVG and it works fine ...

Problems installing Office 2004
I used a trial version of Office 2004 in my MacBook until it expired. I few days ago I bought I licensed Office 2004 - Student and teacher edition and tried to install it in the MacBook. I deleted the previous version by dragging all Office folder to trash. I inserted the CD but could not install using the installer since it did not appear active, so I copied the whole Office folder to the Applications. After this I tried to open an Office application, but no one opened. I tried to remove Office using the removal tool but that also did not open. Any suggestions of what should I do? ASPer...

Re: Outlook 2007 create background
I played around with this further. You can still use any HTML editor to = create stationery and place it in the user's Stationery folder. You can = also use FrontPage 2003 to create new themes with background images. = Details at = http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.e= ntry --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =...

Can I add a domain to the Blocked Senders list?
I am just getting used to Outlook 2003 and trying to make use of the SP{AM filter. I see that when I right click on a message that one of the options id to add a sender to the "Blocked Senders List" Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Thanks Dunc Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? There is an easy way, if you're running Outlook 2003+SP1. Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail...

Office 2007 conversion to office 97 toolbars
I have Office 2007 on two laptops and i hate the new tool bars. Is there a converter to get the Office 97 tools bars to display? Try this link for an Add-On: <http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-18483_4-10637184&ontId=18483_4&spi=ca8ce47486251af8383c1da88963710e&lop=link&tag=tdw_dltext&ltype=dl_elite_dlnow&pid=11110773&mfgId=6254316&merId=6254316&pguid=m6kYFwoPjAIAADLhMj0AAABs&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.cnet.com%2F3001-18483_4-10637184.html%3Fspi%3Dca8ce47486251af8383c1da88963710e> OR <http://download.cnet.com/...

Outlook Connector for Hotmail & Outlook 2007
I couldnt synchronize properly with my hotmail account and my calendars, tasks, contacts doesnt sync the current connector doesn't work with outlook 2007 - you need to wait for an updated version of the connector. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Add item discounting to inventory wizard
It would be infinately useful for me to be able to assign volume discounts to items based on MPQ and Regular, A, B, and C prices. For example. I sell an item that comes in a box quantity of 25. If a customer at any price level buys 25, the system discounts the item 10%. As it is now, I must go through item by item and enter this information. In my situation, I have thousands of items to update every time prices change. So it would be nice to simply say "if [MPQ] of item is purchased, discount 10%". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft r...

Remove Exchange 2003 ADC server from Admin Group
DC's: win2k3 exchange: all 2003 enterprise sp2 1 FE /3 BE -Tried to remove my First exchange server using microsoft's KB822931. -Problem is server still has the ADC server role mapped to it. -Turned it off to test if it's ok but my BE servers servers have started queuing some emails that htey are trying to send to this server. -Emails are from Servername-IS@exchg.mydomain.edu Subject: Hierarchy the other one is the same but subject: Status. -Do i even need to move this role (ADC Server) in light that i dont have any exch 5.5 servers? -can i just uninstall exhc...

cannot download updates for office mac 2004 student/teacher edition
Hello, I have not been able to download office updates for my 2004 version of Office Mac student/teacher since 2005/2006 at home. I first had it on my iBook G4 and received updates no problem until late 2005 early 2006. Then I could only get the updates when I used the open internet connection at the Apple store or another open connection not in my house. When I bought my new iMac G5 and installed the second of three licenses on this computer, I could not get updates for this one either. However, my friend, who is using the third license, had no problem getting the updates for his Macbook...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

MSP 2007 resources help
Hi all, Three questions: 1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP? 2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month. Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the appropriate cost? 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their cost? Thank you in advance -- - Hello...

Outlook 2007 CRM error
I get an error when starting Outlook that I have no CRM functionality, event ID 5897 shows up in the app logs with an autentication error message 0x8007002. Any ideas on what I should be looking for or how to fix this? ...

Cannot Close Outlook 2007. it keeps recovering info and restarting
Hi, I installed Windows Update KB980248 and updated the Bluetooth device driver three days ago. But since then I found I could not close Outlook. Every time I clicked close on top right corner, the main window closed but the outlook icon on the tray did not go away. Instead, it gave out a dialog saying 'Outlook stopped working', and then another dialog 'Outlook is trying to recover your information', followed by a dialog 'Outlook is restarting'. Then it restarted and the full window came back. I have been using Outlook 2007 for more than 2 years and it...

http://www.ebvalues.com
http://www.ebvalues.com ...

Using Microsoft Map in Office XP
How can I add the add-in Microsoft Map to work in Office XP? Thank you for looking. John John MS Map not available with versions 2002 and 2003. MS Map Point is now the application used. Costs about $250.00 US. An alternate is to use MapInfo product(which was the Excel 97 and 2000 product). Very costly at minimum $595.00 US just for upgrade. http://www.mapinfo.com/location/integration But............found this tidbit on the net thanks to Debra Dalgleish. Mystery of the Missing Map Tool: If you believe Microsoft, the Excel Map tool is permanently out of action in Offi...

Outlook 2007 Delegate not receiving invite emails
One of my assistants is not always receiving meeting invites (on behalf of) from our clients even though the executive she supports has her as a delegate. They are both using Outlook 2007 on a 2007 exchange server. Any ideas or others having this trouble? ...

News: Mac BU sweetens Office 2008 upgrade deal (Updated)
Microsoft has modified its special offer for potential Mac Office users. Those who are just dying for a copy of Office now but are waiting for the January release of Office 2008 can now buy any version of Office 2004 for Mac and upgrade to 2008 Special Media Edition for the cost of shipping. That's $6.99 in the US or $10 in Canada-I guess Microsoft hasn't heard yet that the US dollar is valued below the Canadian dollar now. But how is this different from the previous offer? In September, the "free" upgrade to 2008 was for an equivalent version of Office. So, for exampl...

Four New KBs Issued on Updating Office 2003 SP1 Aug 18, 2004 (from Sloan Crayton?--Thanks)
*Recent KBs that May Help with the Epidemic or Pandemic of Office 2003 Installation Problems* You cannot update your Office 2003 program to Service Pack 1 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;884298 Description of numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in Office 2003 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=832672 Frequently asked questions about the local install source feature in Office 2003(August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=830168 How to troubleshoot an update installation by using log file...

Cannot Start Outlook 2007
I downloaded an update for Outlook 2007 today and now cannot open the program. I get error message which says" Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I need some help please. This is my business email and I am out of luck. Thanks "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C97BB9D-810F-471F-B90F-64AE65FEE76B@microsoft.com... > I downloaded an update for Outlook 2007 today and now cannot open the > program. I get error message which says" Cannot start Microsoft Office > Outlook. Cannot...

creating shared calendar in outlook 2007
Hi, I would like to create a shared calendar (diary, bookings) for the corporate, the thing is, when I go to organization and default folders, I'm able to create but when I go to OWA or Outlook 2K7 can't seem the folder (either rss and others, only the main mailboxs), also I cannot see public folder , only mailbox in bot owa and outlook 2k7. What is the best method to create a shared calendar? Sorry, I'm completely newbie regarding ex2k7 On 4 Mar 2007 03:50:49 -0800, "k0D" <camocas@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to create a shared calendar (di...

Remove Sync Issues / Server Failures message
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? ...

I can not remove the read only from a file on a cd why
Can someone help me. When I store a file on a cd and then retrieve it, I can not edit it, it comes back as read only. When I go to the file and try to change the attribue within the properties and remove the read only access it is denied. If I save on the hard drive I can make what ever changes I want. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Jeff Smith (212) 929-8024 Jeff, as far as I'm aware, it is still not possible to save a file directly to a CD, as it needs to be "burnt" via burning software . This includes any changes to the file if you have opened it directly from...

Microsoft Office Outlook Connector #3
Dear all, I have downloaded the office outlook connector and for some reason one of my hotmail account does work. It can login to the mail box ok but does not load the mail or sent mail to hotmail. I have deleted the account for Outlook 2003 and recreated the account a few times but still not working. The weird thing is that 2 other hotmail account works on the same machine and outlook 2003. It does not display any error whatsoever. Regards, Kueh. ...

Word 2007: how to save to original folder?
How do I force Word 2007 to default to saving files to the folder containing the file I opened? Clearing the "default folder" in the options doesn't do it (at least not with "Save As" when the target is a thumb drive). We generally strongly recommend against saving to (or opening from) any type of removable drive or media. Much safer to save/copy to the HD and then copy/open from there. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MacAndrewSC" <MacAndrewSC@discussions.microsoft...

Publisher 2007 Trial Help
I installed the trial version of Publisher 2007 and want to uninstall it now. I have tried to remove in the "add/remove" programs section. And I have also tried a suggestion I found in an earlier post about going to the "installer" and trying to uninstall it there. Oh and I tried repairing it and then trying to uninstall it. I can't even open the program from my programs menu and I can't get into the language section to check the language. It tells me that the language isn't compatible with my version or something to that effect. Nothing has worked...