Refresh ODBC link

I have a link set up to pull information from our system directly to an
Access table.  Our systems department has added a couple of new fields to the
table but it doesn't automatically update my Access table.

Is there a way to refresh the table to get these new fields, or do I have to
set up a new table?  Thanks.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Go to the linked table manager (Tools/Database Utilities), open and select
your table, then refresh the link.
Milton Purdy
ACCESS
State of Arkansas

"nitengale" wrote:

> I have a link set up to pull information from our system directly to an
> Access table.  Our systems department has added a couple of new fields to the
> table but it doesn't automatically update my Access table.
>
> Is there a way to refresh the table to get these new fields, or do I have to
> set up a new table?  Thanks.
Thank you - I knew it was something simple and I was just having a moment.

"golfinray" wrote:

> Go to the linked table manager (Tools/Database Utilities), open and select
> your table, then refresh the link.
> Milton Purdy
> ACCESS
> State of Arkansas
>

> "nitengale" wrote:
>
> > I have a link set up to pull information from our system directly to an
> > Access table.  Our systems department has added a couple of new fields to the
> > table but it doesn't automatically update my Access table.
> >
> > Is there a way to refresh the table to get these new fields, or do I have to
> > set up a new table?  Thanks.

Exchange 2007 linked mailbox
Hello all We are running Exchange 2007 sp2, there are a few mailboxes that are showing up as "linked" mailboxes. I read a blog post about this, and a possible fix for this issue is to locate the user account using adsiedit and change the msExchRecipientTypeDetails from 2 to 1. When I do this all the mailboxes that showed up as linked, now show up as a regular mailbox, so it appears that changing the attribute worked, but after a day or two the mailboxes go back to being linked and the attribute changes from a 2 back to a 1. Any thoughts on what could be causing ...

ODBC?? Errors in Tukish Windows
Hi. We are a software developer based in the UK. We use Access as our back-end database. When we run our software in Turkish Windows, we get odd Turkish errors, relating to Syntax error in FROM clause and also Too Few Parameters, Expected 33. We know that the errors relate to the Access code encryption (as these errors appear when the user enters their username and password which is an encrypted Access table). Could someone offer some suggestions on how to resolve this as it ONLY happens in Turkish. When we install Visual Studio on the same machine, the errors go away... Does anyone kn...

Business Portal Linking to American Employee List
Our Business Portal links to the American listing of employees. Being that we are a Canadian firm, we don't have any American employees. Is there a way to change this setting? Or at least an easy way to convert the data in GP without manual entry? Adam Adam, We are interested to discuss the possible solution, please touch base with me nj.tech@hotmail.com "Adam" wrote: > Our Business Portal links to the American listing of employees. Being that > we are a Canadian firm, we don't have any American employees. Is there a way > to change this setting? Or ...

Web Link in Outlook Email takes long time?
Using Outlook 2003. I have a farily high end system but when clicking on a web link in an Outlook email it takes possibly 15-30 seconds for the browser to open and go to the web page. Why is this? Is there a setting to improve on this? No setting really. Thankfully, Outlook 2007 is much better. "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:uJIblvufIHA.4728@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Outlook 2003. I have a farily high end system but when clicking on > a web link in an Outlook email it takes possibly 15-30 seconds for the > browser to...

Links #17
When open excel such as financials thubnail it says this workbook contains links etc. It shouldn't and I don’t want it to have links. How do I find the links and eliminate them in excel? Hi Terry, Try Bill manville's FindLink addin which is freely downloadable at: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Def�ault.htm --- Regards, Norman "TerryTutor" <TerryTutor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64759427-1ABE-49F1-8585-DE9ABC0EC86F@microsoft.com... > When open excel such as financials thubnail it says this workbook contains > links etc. It sho...

Why can't I link text to autoshapes
OK - I've searched this group and found numerous references to this issues: I know - select the autoshape, type = in the formula bar then click on the cell you want to link the autoshape to. Press Enter and voil� the text appears in the autoshape. Only problem, it doesn't work for me. Every time I follow those steps, I get a new plain text box, but not the text in the autoshape I started with. Give me a hand, it's been driving me crazy for days! T. As answered in .excel.misc -- '=================================== I'm not sure how John did it, but you could: Select th...

linked sheets
Hi all I have a spreadsheet with a number of sheets. on sheet one is a merge row in column a with the heading and then various rows with the data A N 123 B A 123 C M 334 D E 233 The first 3/4 rows are identical on the next sheets and are linked to sheet 1 (if sheet 1 changes the data changes). However I may need to add a new row in sheet one (in example above a new row between the 123 and 123. Is there a way that will update the new row on the other sheets. Any suggestions greatly appreciated Rexmann Ps I use Excel XP on the sheets other than sheet1 in column A use =indirect...

Blue underlined links in Customer Maintenance window
Is there any way to create my own action for a blue underlined link in Customer Maintenance? I know for the label properties in Modifier, I can select the "Zoom" property to true and it makes it blue and underlined. But, how can I actually make it do something? Is this possible in VBA? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks. -Joe Joe, The "Zooms" in Great Plains are just buttons that perform an action. You could use modifier to add a hidden button to any label, be sure to mark it as zoom to get the icon to change. Then add your VBA to the button change event for ...

Outlook 2003 refresh
If I set my view to "Unread Messages in This folder" and I receive a new message which I then open and close the screen doesn't refresh until I click another folder or press F5. In Outlook 2002 the screen would refresh after opening it and closing so that I only viewed Unread messages. Is this by design or is there a setting somewhere? "by design" as in known issue. "Cale Dunn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55b101c48a1e$e7a775a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > If I set my view to "Unread Messages in This folder"...

Refresh all but 1st sheet
Should't this work? Also, it ask to inmport text, how to say "yes" evertime? Text name will be different ever time. Sub Refreshall () For i = 2 To Sheets.Count With Active.Sheet Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False Next i End Sub Thanks Hi, Although the loop index goes from to to the number of sheets the refresh is made on the activesheets selection, which never changes. Disabling DisplayAlerts should suppress the dialogs. Try something like this. Sub Refreshall () application.displayalerts=false For i = 2 To workSheets.Count wo...

linking Picking ticket with receipt No.
Hi, Need to know if is possible to have a picking ticket form were we can add a receipt No.(from receiving transaction entry) for each item line on the picking ticket listing, and How to Do it. Thanks for any help... JPC If you have serialized inventory, yes. If you ONLY buy to order and NEVER have two sales orders or two POs for the same item open at the same time, perhaps. I spent weeks trying to get this to work for a client without serialized items and it always failed. Every time I asked, they only had unique order pairs. Every time I looked, they had multiple orders for th...

Error msg when deleting links
When using the delete links add-in, six out of seven links found were successfully deleted. The remaining link returned the following error msg: Routine location error code: 6. Some defined name links may not be deleted. The deleted links reference sheet listed an internal link location of NA for this link. This link still appears when attempting to edit links. Any idea how to find and subsequently delete this invalid link? I don't think I've used this "delete links addin", but I have used this one. And it might help you: Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co....

Linked cells between worksheets and sorting
Hello, I have 500+ rows of data on a worksheet called 'Personal Details'. From this worksheet, two columns (first name and surname) feed into other worksheets by cell linking e.g. into the 'Course Information' worksheet (links are all within same workbook). The other worksheets have additional columns of data e.g. 'Course Information' has a column called Tutor, the tutors names are linked back into the 'Personal Details' worksheet. The problem is for example, when I sort the Surname column on 'Personal Details' A-Z, the tutor name column...

Get rid of Automatic Links when opening
I received an excel workbook from someone else and it has our list pricing on it, it has 4 tabs on the bottom with different pages showing different pricing. It was updated from another workbook within their company so it has automatic links in it. Obviously from where I am it will not connect to their auto links. The pop up is annoying and I'd like to know how to get rid of it without copy and pasting all the info into another worksheet and reformatting all the pages. I need to edit this workbook and forward to my customers, I rather not bother them with this Automatic update q...

CRM Link field only accepts weblinks
The CRM data type of Text -> Link does not accept links other than http:// or https:// and automatically prepends http:// making it useless for links such as file locations such as //server/file.doc ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microso...

Linking a range from an external workbook to a single cell
I am linking a series of workbooks to a summary work book. I need to know if I can enter a cell range from the external workbooks to a single cell in a summary workbook. In this instance I have 12 months data stored in workbook A in 12 seperate columns. I know I can link each cell in workbook A to a corresponding cell in workbook B. However this requires me to link each of the 12 cells in workbook A to the 12 in workbook B. I would like to enter in the first cell in workbook B the start of the range of 12 cells in workbook A and automatically generate the same range in workbook B. I have tri...

Linking cells to Pivot Tables in Office XP "Get Pivot" frustrations
I was recently upgraded to Office XP at work. I've encountered one frustrating new feature. I can no longer link a cell to a pivot table cell and copy this linked cell across the row. For example, in the linked cell formula,instead of the linked cell referring to the pivot table cell as "C11" it refers to it as "GETPIVOTDATA("PMPM",$I$18,"Rpt_Date",DATE(2003,11,1),"renew_current",DATE(2004,1,1))". This may return the correct value for this intial cell but if I try to copy this link to the next cell over (across the row), I get the same val...

Refresh screen #2
Thanks - thats the time part - do you know of a way i can refresh a excel worksheet. Basically my workbook reads cells from another when i opens but these cells are continually changing and i need my workbook t keep updating while it is open -- LB7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26377 what are you talking about?!?!>-----Original Message----- > >Thanks - thats the time part - do you know ...

Linking worksheet functions and arrays
Doozie of a question - workbook, formula linking Hey guys, So I have this workbook with tons of different worksheets, wit different names. I also have a summary page with summaries of th answers from these sheets. Is there any easy way to make the summary formulas automatticall include any new worksheets that are added? I was thinking if I could do a list of the worksheets, then I coul just tell it somehow to say = sum({list} for cell b56) - this calcs the sum for all the b56 cell in that list. I tried to do this through concatenate, but it comes out as text an errors. There seems to be...

Cell Linking #2
I'm not sure if "cell linking" is the correct terminology for what I need but all I want to do is have 3 columns, 2 of which are alphanumeric, and when any column is resorted the other 2 columns should resort also so that the rows will always stay the same. Thanks. -- buzzfever ------------------------------------------------------------------------ buzzfever's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29553 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492578 Make sure you select ALL 3 COLUMNS before you sort. Then,...

URL links won't open in MS Outlook 2000
Hello, When I double click on the URL link sent in an email, Outlook 2000 won't open it. I run OS Win 2000 SP 4 with MS Office 2000. Does anyone knows a fix to this problem? Thanks Jacek I've got the same problem. Let >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >When I double click on the URL link sent in an email, >Outlook 2000 won't open it. I run OS Win 2000 SP 4 with MS >Office 2000. Does anyone knows a fix to this problem? > >Thanks Jacek >. > ...

Email link in Outlook 2003 opens two windows.
I installed Office 2003. I am running Windows 2000 Pro. At first an Outlook email link opened one window and another small one saying Locate Link Browser. I pointed the locate to Internet Explorer. Now two windows open each time. My only browser IE. Any ideas? Thanks K. Boatwright wrote: > I installed Office 2003. I am running Windows 2000 Pro. At first an > Outlook email link opened one window and another small one saying > Locate Link Browser. I pointed the locate to Internet Explorer. Now > two windows open each time. My only browser IE. Any ideas? Thanks Did y...

Refreshing Lists
Every 10 minutes each POS terminal gets a "REFRESHING LISTS" message at the bottom of the screen (bottom left). I'm not sure - although I suspect that it's a data/screen refresh - what this is doing but I'd like to set the refresh interval to something more uninterruptive - like every 60 minutes. I'm sure others have experienced this? We are running 1.3r with Store Ops and HQ. Any suggestions? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_019C_01C7BFF8.8C569E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: ...

Creating reports in access and linking to CRM
I am looking for some ifo on creating a report in Access 2002 and linking the report to a table in crm. Is this possible and where can I find additional information. I am also looking for any information on creating an Access database and retrieving the information in CRM as a backup medium if CRM is down. Thanks if you have a crm system running then you can look at the table structure for crm and work out which tables contain the details etc. For example all crm opportunities are stored in a table called opportunitybase "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

SOP-POP Link
When a purchase order is generated from a sales order, the purchase order changes the order of the items to alphabetic/numeric. Is there any way to keep the items on the PO in the same order that they are on the sales order? Elaine, Out of the box - no. However MBS Professional Services has an inexpensive addon that does this. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6803400-67F3-4730-AB33-B17FFD0B9E4C@microsoft.com... > When a p...