Record Selectors & Navigation Buttons: Set BackColor?

Anybody know how to coerce the colors of a form's RecordSelectors
section and NavigationButtons?

I'm guessing there's an API call somewhere, but don't have a clue
beyond that.
--
PeteCresswell
0

"(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message
> Anybody know how to coerce the colors of a form's RecordSelectors
> section and NavigationButtons?
>
> I'm guessing there's an API call somewhere, but don't have a clue
> beyond that.

You can replace the standard navigation buttons with your own, of course,
thus giving more control.  The record selector, though, is going to be
tough.  You could replace that, too, I guess, with a control of your own.

To work directly on the built-in UI elements is going to require some pretty
deep wizardry.  Where's Stephen Lebans when you need him?

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
2/17/2008 7:04:00 PM
One of the few persistent Device Context(hDC) handles is the one linked to
the form's hWnd property.

The handle to a Device Context you get returned when you call:
hDC = GetDC(Me.Hwnd)
actually corresponds to the screen area of the RecordSelector. The problem
is knowing when to repaint this area. You'd have to use a Timer or Subclass
the Form. IMHO neither direction offers a viable solution.

Alternatively, I know in the past I have tried to over ride the current
default for the Background Brush used to paint portions of an Access form.
As far as I can remember this technique does not work for the Record
Selector area. But you can easily test this yourself. The MDI Background
solution on my site contains the required code. Simply substitute your
form's hWnd property where requried.

Finally, it might be simpler to recreate(in single form or continuous view,
the record selector area with a control(s) of your choice.
--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message
> Anybody know how to coerce the colors of a form's RecordSelectors
> section and NavigationButtons?
>
> I'm guessing there's an API call somewhere, but don't have a clue
> beyond that.
> --
> PeteCresswell

0
Stephen
2/17/2008 8:09:39 PM
Per Stephen Lebans:
>Finally, it might be simpler to recreate(in single form or continuous view,
>the record selector area with a control(s) of your choice.

And... simplest of all.... Fagedddaboutit!  -)
--
PeteCresswell
0

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Unique records in Pivot Tables
Excel 2000 I have data that stores Client Invitation to Tender and Supplier Contract details. Each Client ITT is uniquely identified. However we send out the same ITT to many suppliers so each request for service is given the same identifier, eg Reference Client/Supplier Contract Name Value Status AC/001 Client blah 4,000 pend AC/002 Client blah2 5,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend When I create my table by Client to get the total value pending ...

Set up a script for a live performance with a cue call sheet
How do I set up a single one-sided sheet to follow a live performance script and be able to write stand-by notes and cues in a column beside the script with a timecode format ...

Records will not open
I am experiencing a problem with certain records within CRM that will not open. The system will try and try to open the record (pinging out two processors) until it finally times out. This is only with certain records but not others... Any suggestions? We experienced a similar problem. We created those records again (Leads) and deleted the old ones... all worked fine then "Phillip Sperry" <phillip.sperry@mxsecure.com> wrote in message news:9FeSb.10804$QJ3.6760@fed1read04... > I am experiencing a problem with certain records within CRM that will not > open. The syst...

Resizing Option Button?
Hello Friends, I have asked a Question in mrexcel.com. But, the reply was it is not possible. Please check the below link and tell me is doable. http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewt...7747&highlight= Thanks, Nawaf -- countryfan_nt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ countryfan_nt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11051 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482535 No you can't, at least not the actual button part. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if ...

see chart from pushing button
how would I see a chart from pushing a button on the spreedsheet ? ...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Button Control Event: question
I have a small dialog that prints data it queries from a server to a listbox when a user presses a start button. What I'd like to do is to have the data continually print after the button is pressed until the user presses a stop button. So, I guess I would need to initiate some kind of continuous loop for the data querying/printing, but I'm unsure how to get the stop button to break the loop. If this even the best solution. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could accomplish this, or perhaps a better design idea? Thanks, Marcus Marcus wrote: > I have a small dialog that prints d...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Set Out of Office (or a rule) to only function on weekends
Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a rule or out of office assistant to run for specific date ranges. How do I set up either a rule or the out of office assistant to 'push' mail to me only on weekends? HCA.CWT.RN wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 09:04 > Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets > forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a > rule or out of office assistant to run for spec...

How do i give each email account i set up its own inbox etc?
i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... About the best you can do is create an inbox rule that moves messages based on the account it was received with. "joejnknsn" <joejnknsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E487FD01-2110-4BEC-930B-10590F05E885@microsoft.com... >i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from > different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... ...

HELP! Record Macro in TOOLS > MACRO is gone!
I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a project and I need this back. Can someone help? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks, Joe M. Try this: In the customize window > click the Options tab > push the reset toolbars & menus button. Exit excel and re-load it Micky "Joe M." wrote: > I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and > now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a ...

How to record sell of asset & see true cost?
I had bought a car 4 years ago on loan and some downpayment. And recently I sold it. I had the following accounts setup in Money 2004 Delux: 1. Car Asset with only Opening Balance of $30,000 2. Car Loan account which tracked Principal and Interest amounts (the loan is fully paid) 3. Auto category as Expense category with sub categories such as Purchase Cost (downpayment), Fuel costs, Insurance, etc. All car expenses were tracked under one of these sub categories. I would like to record the sell of the car. Where would I record it and how would I categorize so that I can get...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...

Continuous Form, Window Top Record Ordinal
On continuous view forms, there should be a form property that has the recordset ordinal of the top-most record currently displayed in the form’s window. For example, if a recordset contains 100 records and the CurrentRecord is 5 and the user scrolls down until the CurrentRecord disappears off the top of the screen, what is the recordset ordinal for the record that is now at the top of the window? Left clicking on the scrollbar slider will display “Record: x of y”, but there should be a property that contains the value of x for code purposes. Perhaps call it “WindowTopRecord...

Extracting records from a list
I would like to extract records from a long list of 500 rows. The list is already sorted by the first column. There is a maximum of four possible values for the first column with multiple values for the other ones. I would like to create four different lists, each with only one of the possible value in its first column by extracting them from the "master" list. Any help or pointer will be gratefully appreciated. Here is some very simple generic code Code: -------------------- Set SourceSht = Sheets("Sheet1") Set DestSht = Sheets("Sheet1") ...

Hover buttons not loading quickly & Java Security Warning
Hi, I am pulling my hair out over this one! I'll be most grateful for any help. Here is the beginning of my new site: http://www.johnblaustein.com/web3/ You will notice that when the splash page transitions to the home.html page, the link images do not load immediately. I used FP2003's hover buttons for the links. The reason I want to use images instead of text for the links is so that the size of the links won't change if the user adjusts those browser settings. Can someone tell me why the buttons are loading so slowly? I suspect it is because the browse...

cant set up a rule
i have a hot mail account but i am how using offine outlook and wanted to set up a rule it wont let me because message sent and received using http e-mail accounts can not be filtered using outlook rune all i want to do is send a reply e-mail as my template As you've mentioned rules don't work at all on HTTP mail accounts. Doesn't matter what action you're trying to take on the items "julie fun fitness" <juliefunfitness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9AA672B-A499-4438-A6C5-E3E363B5FBF2@microsoft.com... >i have a hot mail accoun...

No records!! No errors!! after Sync.
We installed the sales for outlook client on a laptop and then replicated with the central database without any issues. The new user is a part of the business unit that owns all the records in the central database. After the replication there are no records being transferred to this laptop. We tried replicating a few times with no errors provided but no records being transferred. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks, Nathan ------=_NextPart_0001_6228563F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Nathan~ Check and see if you received any errors within the subscriptions of...

List records that do not include specified value
I have a very basic select query that list all the records from a table SELECT tbl_cngu.cngu_no, tbl_cngu_recalls.recall_no FROM tbl_cngu LEFT JOIN tbl_cngu_recalls ON tbl_cngu.cngu_no = tbl_cngu_recalls.cngu_no ORDER BY tbl_cngu.cngu_no, tbl_cngu_recalls.recall_no DESC; Now I need to apply a twist and do no know how. The [recall_no] field is a numeric field 1,2,3,4,5,... and what I would like to do is supply the query with a [recall_no] value and have the query return those records for which there is no such [recall_no] for a each given [cngu_no]. How would I do this? T...

Setting Primary Contact Should be Easier
SUGGESTION: Setting a primary contact inside an account should be a lot easier than it is. Here are some ideas: 1) A user should be able to right click one of the contacts in the list of contacts FOR THAT ACCOUNT and choose from a menu to make them the Primary Contact. 2) Have an option inside the contact window to make them the primary contact for the associated account. 3) At minimum, you should have the form assistant ONLY show contacts associated with that account . . . or when you do a lookup for the primary contact field, it ONLY shows contacts for that account. This is just...

create a button when pressed it will +1 to another field
Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will add 1 to another existing field and every time it is pressed it will add another 1. Private Sub Commandbutton1_Click() Dim myRange as Range Dim myNumber as Long Set myRange =3D ActiveSheet.Range("a5") '<=3D=3D change myNumber =3D myRange.Value myNumber =3D myNumber + 1 myRange.Value =3D myNumber End Sub susan On Nov 24, 9:25=A0am, mswisher <mswis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will...

Variable Pass to new record
Can somebody help me to pass a variable to one record which is search and selected. For Example on one record I have startCoupon = 101 then add 5 on this StartCoupon then it will become startCoupon will be 106 Then we search another record and select the record I want the StartCoupon value automatically show in textbox as 106 Please help me to make it possible. On the next record, set the DefaultValue property to: = DMax("FieldName", "TableName") -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com &qu...

navigation pane
How do I limit the text within my document map to only show headings? Currently, my headings are showing, but some text formated as "normal" or "body text" within my document also shows up in my document map. Even when I right click and choose "show heading 3" (for example), the normal text still appears. If I highlight the problem text within my document, and click on "normal", it will disappear within the document map, but next time I open the document, it will have reappeared. Any help would be appreciated! I can't answer until I know what applic...

apostrophe in record
I inherited a database and figured out that the following code will not work if there is an apostrophe in the record. Any suggestions? Private Sub Combo55_AfterUpdate() On Error GoTo Err_Combo55_AfterUpdate Dim rs As Object If IsNull(Combo55) = False Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst Do If Site = True Then Call AddContact DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext Loop End If Me.Combo55 = "" Exit_Combo55_AfterUpdate: Exit Sub Err_Combo55_AfterUpdate: Me.Combo55 = "" Resume Exit_Combo55_Aft...