Record Selectors - can it trigger a procedure

Hi
I have a form which displays records in datasheet view, with the grey
Record Selectors down the side. Normally, to delete a record, you can
just click on the Record Selector, the use the delete button.
However, this for uses a query, so the data is read-only.
Is there a way I can get it to trigger a procedure if the Record
Selector is clicked, where I can write code to do the delete?

Stapes

0
Stapes
7/9/2007 12:51:06 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Whenever you change which record is current, the form's Current event fires.

If you're trying to do a delete, the BeforeUpdate event should fire.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a form which displays records in datasheet view, with the grey
> Record Selectors down the side. Normally, to delete a record, you can
> just click on the Record Selector, the use the delete button.
> However, this for uses a query, so the data is read-only.
> Is there a way I can get it to trigger a procedure if the Record
> Selector is clicked, where I can write code to do the delete?
>
> Stapes

0
Douglas
7/9/2007 1:09:38 PM
To answer your questing:  Not the way you want it to do.  If the
underlying recordset can't be edited then it can't be deleted.

Unsolicited response:  It would be a dangerous thing to have the
selector automatically delete the record in view.  Rather than make
some part of the normal interface respond in a potentially unexpected
manner it would be better to put a separate control on your form.
That's true even if you are the only user of the application.

I've had the experience of opening an application I'd done years ago
and being surprised at its behavior when I opened it after years of
non-use.

In your case it sounds like you really need to go back and fix the
underlying query so that it produces an updatable recordset.

HTH
--
-Larry-
--

"Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a form which displays records in datasheet view, with the
grey
> Record Selectors down the side. Normally, to delete a record, you
can
> just click on the Record Selector, the use the delete button.
> However, this for uses a query, so the data is read-only.
> Is there a way I can get it to trigger a procedure if the Record
> Selector is clicked, where I can write code to do the delete?
>
> Stapes

0
Larry

How can I request to create a new Formula?
The fomula is a mix of VLOOKUP and SEARCH: =VSEARCH(A1;table1!A:A;2;false) In the A1 is the Text “Shell GmbH” In the A2 is the Text “Deutsche Shell” In the A3 is the Text “Shell LTD.” In Table1 Colum A it says Shell In Table1 Colum B it says Shell Group The result would be that the formula would give back always “Shell Group”. The option “true” would even accept “Shel” or “Schell” Thanks, Eckhard ...

Can Outlook Verify an Address?
Hello, Can Outlook verify a mailing address? Thanks no "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:IpmTh.33754$AS6.1504@trnddc04... > Hello, > > Can Outlook verify a mailing address? > > Thanks > > "Talal Itani" wrote in message news:IpmTh.33754$AS6.1504@trnddc04... > > Can Outlook verify a mailing address? Only by sending an e-mail to find out if your mail *server* can successfully connect to the specified domain in the e-mail address, that there is a mail server that will accept e-mails from your domain's mai...

How can multiple users access same mailbox and send as that mailbox name?
Hi Folks, I'm hoping this turns out to be a dumb question with an easy solution: My customer wants both user-1 and user-2 to receive all mail addressed to user-3@company.com. Additionally, the customer wants user-1 and user-2 to send all their mail mail with user-3@company.com as the default sender address. User-1 and user-2 should be able to see all mail sent with the user-3@company.com sender address, whether sent by user-1 or by user-2. Any changes, deletions, etc, made by user-1 should be seen by user-2 and vice versa. Thanks for your help! Frank Frank Denman Den...

Error after importing organisation
Hi, After importing one organisation into another, we are getting the error 'Record is Unavailable. The selected record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it'. We get this when just trying to load/access the home page on crm 4.0. Any suggestions? Many thanks Matt ...

Can't open #2
I got a new dell just after Christmas. I was using MS Outlook. Then, I started having trouble. Now, I can't even open it. The task manager say it is "not responding". I have tried to run setup to repair but that doesn't help. PS: I recently installed Winfax 10. Is there a problem between these two programs? Yes, there are problems integrating WinFax Pro 10 with Outlook -- depending on your Outlook version, you need a specific WFP10 version. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/utilities/winfax9.htm for some information and links dealing with those issues. -- Jocelyn ...

How do I get the macro "stop recording" tool bar back?
While recording a macro in excel (11.63...), I clicked the X (close button) and now can not get the "stop recording" macro tool bar to show. I would like to use the tool bar for the reference button. Hi choose tools / macro / record new macro click OK now display the stop recording toolbar (view / toolbars / stop recording) now click on the little blue square box and everything should be fine again when you next go to record a real macro Cheers JulieD "RBD04" <RBD04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67DA2DFF-6EA7-41CD-88B6-636B5B7A0C76@microsoft....

Improvements for "lookup records" dialog
Hello. When you want to lookup records for example in the advanced find you get a dialog where you have a searchbox at the top and two listboxes where you can select and deselect items. In german, this dialog has the title "Datensätze nachschlagen". You can customize the view of the left listbox with the view "search view" (in german "Suchansicht") of the desired entity. There you can define the display order of the columns, the columns you can search in and the sort order. But in this dialog, CRM only minds the display order of this view. it ignores...

can't open excel 2003
I have been running Excel 2003 (Part of Office 2003) under Win2K for ages. All of a sudden, apparently after installing Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB905756), Excel will no longer open. The flash screen appears for an instant and then disappears. Trying to open it through PowerPro gives me an error message saying that there has been a "sharing/network protection error". MS Computer Management identifies the error as Event ID 2001 (which doesn't provide too much information) and adds the description: Rejected Safe Mode action. After trying a number of quick fixes ( such as ref...

How can I loop through XML like this? thanks

How can we save email sent via mail merge into sent items folder
When we use mail merge utility, is there a possibility to save items in sent folder so that they can be forwarded or copied to specific people later Hi, it is easy with our Mail Merge Toolkit for Microsoft Office: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/ This screenshot is an answer to your question: http://www.mapilab.com/images/screenshots/mail_merge/mmt_3.gif Alexander Gorlach, MAPILab Ltd. http://www.mapilab.com/ "Sudhakar" <Sudhakar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F313B1EC-5DAD-4C9B-AA6D-701FD7E6CD70@microsoft.com... > When we use mail merge ...

Can I stretch an Excel document vertically when printing?
I want to print a document in Excel. I have shrunk it to one page wide but now it is too flat. I want to stretch it so it fills the whole page. Is this possible cause I can't seem to find a setting? Maybe you should change the page layout to landscape and see what that looks like. Regards Trevor "jstratman33" <jstratman33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E23E8AF4-1D1D-4558-9FD7-5A8F556C785F@microsoft.com... >I want to print a document in Excel. I have shrunk it to one page wide but > now it is too flat. I want to stretch it so it fills the who...

keep record and groups in record together
I just posted this but I'm not sure if it actually posted so I am reposting. Sorry if this is twice. I am trying to keep records from splitting, bleeding onto the next page. I don't want each record on one page, but I don't want a record to start on one page and continue on the next page. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Debbie Go the section header and right click to get properties. Set force new page to before section, after section, or both depending on what you need. "Debbie S." wrote: > I just posted this but I'm not sure if it actually post...

i want notifier in outlook express , please help how can i get ?
i want notifier for new mail on my screen but i am unable to find the same . Ask in an Outlook Express group. This group is for Outlook, which has nothing to do with Outlook Express. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "raman sharma" <raman sharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:078E35DB-16E5-4840-81D1-52763D5C7AB4@microsoft.com... >i want notifier for new mail on my screen b...

Can I determine which cells on a sheet are locked and which are not?
Is there any kind of report, etc. I could look at that would tell me what cels are unlocked or vice versa on a protected worksheet? I have 8 worksheetsin a workbook, with each sheet comprised of more than 550 rows and 14 columns. I could tab from cell to cell to determine if I have all the desired cells locked, but with nearly 60,000 cells, that is not at all feasible. Does anybody have any ideas? Basically all I'm wanting to do is to be sure that all of my cells that need to be are locked, so that when I share this workbook I need not worry about others getting into areas they...

How can I delete all hyperlinks at once in an excel document
I have an Excel spreadsheet for our department's use which has much information that would be useful to other departments. We have hyperlinked copies of drawing data to this document which we do not want to have available to everyone. Can I copy this file to a different location and then delete all the hyperlinks at once easily? Thanks, cindylou5594 Hello Cindylou, This newsgroup is for questions concerning Microsoft Project, not Microsoft Excel. That being said, assuming your links are to documents, a find command looking for the "\" character should find an...

Macro can't run!
I recorded a macro as follows: Sub Macro1() With Selection.ParagraphFormat .LeftIndent = CentimetersToPoints(0) .RightIndent = CentimetersToPoints(0) .SpaceBefore = 2.5 .SpaceBeforeAuto = False .SpaceAfter = 0 .SpaceAfterAuto = False .LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceAtLeast .LineSpacing = 0 .Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify .WidowControl = False .KeepWithNext = False .KeepTogether = False .PageBreakBefore = False .NoLineNumber = False .Hyphenation = Tru...

Can anyone one help??
Hi, I have a worksheet that contains (to make it simple) the folowin info: Customer date shop cost sam 23/11/2005 asda �23.50 john 16/11/2005 tesco �14.60 marc 12/11/2005 sainsburys �15.00 andy 14/11/2005 M & S �23.50 steve 12/11/2005 sainsburys �19.00 paul 14/11/2005 M & S �15.00 bill 23/11/2005 tesco �12.00 burt 16/11/2005 sa...

UMDF can not pass a stucture with pointers?
Hi there, I am trying to port a old wdm driver to UMDF and ran into a problem. I hope some WDF experts out there can shed some lights for me. Basically, there is a structure defines as follows: typedef struct _VendorRequest { UINT32 xxx; UINT32 yyy; PVOID pDataBuffer ; UINT32 dataLength; } SVendorRequest, *PSVendorRequest; and applications is trying to pass this structure as input buffer when calling DeviceIoControl PSVendorRequest vr = (PSVendorRequest) malloc(sizeof (SVendorRequest) + 8); vr->xxx = xxx; vr->yyy = yyy; vr->pDataBuffer = (uint8_t *)(v...

message larger than current system limit -can i change the limit?
"...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the limit to receive larger emails? I have construction documents/plans that require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is burdensome to them. In article <97BF09CF-8C70-40D0-A74F-F4EA14F98A43@microsoft.com>, Shane@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the > limit to receive larger emails? I have construction documents/plans that > require more space. It is awkward to ask a cli...

Linking from a report to a form for same record
How can you make a report that allows you to have a link or button for each record that displays which you can click and it will open a form for that specific record? This maybe easy, but I am still new to access. I appreciate any support that can be provided. A report is used to print out selected data in one or more tables in your database in a selected format. A report can be previewed before printing. A report is not interactive so it is not possible to do what you describe. However, a list of data can be displayed in a form. A list consists of multiple records and each r...

Converting Lead
We seems to have a problem with our CRM system where someone tries to "Convert a Lead" and clicks the "Open newly created record(s)" checkbox. The system will convert the lead, but it will NOT open the newly created records. At first I thought it was a Pop-Up block issue, but I tried it myself with all Pop-Up blocking turned OFF and it still is happening. Any Ideas? Regards, Eric S. On the subject line I meant - "Not Working"... "Eric S." wrote: > We seems to have a problem with our CRM system where someone tries to > "Convert a ...

How can I print an organization chart across 15 pages correctly?
In Excel 2003 with SP2, I created an organization chart that spanned seven pages across. The printout appeared shrunk at the start and finish. I expanded the chart to 15 pages in order to create larger-sized boxes. This looks good on the screen, but the squashing effect still happens at the beginning and end, and the fact many pages are duplicated in the center of the chart is very obvious. In both printouts the center of the chart is duplicated at the expense of crushing the sides, while the screen correctly displays evenly-sized boxes. I could not find the maximum size limit for ...

Can't reply to e-mail or send e-mail
Can not reply ,forword or send any E-Mails ! On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:07:13 -0400, "Gabriel A.Williams Sr." <williamssrgabriela@yahoo.com> wrote: >Can not reply ,forword or send any E-Mails ! I would suggest that you post in a forum supporting your email software, or contact Yahoo. This forum is for the database software Microsoft Access, and not the right place for your question. When you do find a forum for your email, please indicate what program you're using and enough information that someone who cannot see your screen might have a chance to answer. -...

Why can't I paste into a word document from Office clipboard?
I'm using Microsoft Office professional Plus 2007 and Home Vista Premium. I've had few problems in the first six months of use but suddenly I find I can't paste copied text from an email into a word document. It appears on the clipboard but will not paste. I can copy within the document and from one word document to another. Has anyone got any idea what's changed? ...

Can I change in the navigation Pane
Hello, can I change the "Sales" label in the navigantion Pane to another word Thanks in advance Ahmed , Yes you can, by modifing the Sitemap. Export the sitemap, copy it!!, make the changes and import the new sitemap back into CRM HTH Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu Ahmed Maaloul schreef: > Hello, can I change the "Sales" label in the navigantion Pane to another word > Thanks in advance Thanks , but I don't find the tag that permit me to change the label "Sales" "Frederic @ Traviata" wrote: > Ahmed , > >...