Rebuilding Table Indexes

I have a MS-Access database that has 20 tables.  Each table has several
Is there away to rebuild like SQL Server?

Please help me with this task.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can use VBA code or DDL queries (just like in SQL-Server) to drop and
recreate indexes. There is usually no advantage to that because compacting
rewrites everything anyway.

The only time it is really advantages to drop and rebuild indexes is when
there are very large amounts of data to append to a table. Dropping the
index allows the import to go much faster.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Joe K." <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a MS-Access database that has 20 tables.  Each table has several
> Is there away to rebuild like SQL Server?
>
> Please help me with this task.

0
Arvin

Exchange 2003 Full Text Indexing via a web based search page?
I am attempting to locate a web based search page that I can use with an Exchange 2003 full text index. Has anyone come across something like this? Thank you in advance. Sam OWA has a "Find" page that will leverage a Full-Text Index if one exists. Is that what you are looking for? --Chris ============================================================================ ==== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. Please d...

Table access
I have a front-end database that is linked to a back-end. The back-end is a replica. I recently re-did the back-end, added some tables. I have never had this problem before when I have had modifications but the following happens now: I can refreash the link between the front-end and back-end and the database starts and works ok. When I get out of the database and then re-enter, I get the message 'Run-time error 3112: Record(s) cannot be read, no read permission. This happens every time until I refreash the links and then it again only works once. I have 'compact\repaired'....

Returning A Row & Column from a Table array
Hi, I have a table as follows: Cells A2:A150 List of Names Cells B1:CX1: List of Duties The Array, Cells B2:CX150 have Dates is them many are duplicated or triplicated I have Created Conditional Formats for the Array as follows: Cell Value <NOW(0) is Red Cell Value <NOW(0) +14 is Yellow Cell Value <NOW(0) + 42 is Orange What I would like to achieve now, perhaps in a Separate Worksheet, when I open the workbook daily, 3 Tables indicating the Names & Duties which are now RED, Orange and Yellow. I tried to use INDEX & MATCH but confusing myself. Does this require a VL...

Adding two fields to a table
I current have the following code which works perfectly now: [CODE]CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO [Input] ([Loc_Desc]) VALUES (""" & Me. List12 & """)", dbFailOnError[/CODE] I would however like to add another field's information named (Lnd_Desc) as well in the same row of table (Input). What should my syntax look like for that one. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 INSERT INTO [Input] ([Loc_Desc], [Other Column]) VALUES (""" & Me.List12 & ...

Update query -> Dlookup -> Table refresh error (one of the other)
Phew, I'm pretty stumped on this one. Basically I am running a quick check to see if the user has write permissions to the database (Is there a simple way to check this?) the security is at file level rather than through access though. Anyway, it writes a value to [seccheck] in the table "programversion" then looks up the value to see if it was correctly written. This is a little overkill because it will throw an error at the time of trying to write the value however I thought is better going through with the check anyway: Dim stDocName As String Dim strSQL As String ...

Checkbox column in a table
Hi Everyone, I am a newbie in MS Access. I want to write a query for altering a table such that the new column added should be of type checkbox (which can be done by the design by going to Lookup tab in the design form). So when I open up the table that particular column should be like all filled with checkboxes. (By Default it will be Textboxes). And also how to give a default value to the checkbox ? Please help me out... ! On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:52:20 -0700, Cormalado <Cormalado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I am a newbie in MS Access. I want to w...

Style used in table inherits an indent -- from what?
I'm using a style called Table Cell, which has 0 indent, in a table using the "Table Grid 1" table style. Its built-in paragraph style has 0 indent. My Normal style and almost all other styles have 0 indent. But when I use Table Cell in this table, it has a 1" indent. I think an ancestor of this template had a 1" indent on Normal, but I can't find anything in this template that has it. Can anyone tell me where the indent could come from? When I highlight the cells and remove the indent from the paragraphs, the style is shown as "Table Cell +". --...

Redefining a table range with a macro
Hello, I need help creating code to redefine a table within a macro. I used the macro recorder to creata a table with the same name but to point to another locations. ActiveWorkbook.Names("Table1").Delete ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="Table1", RefersToR1C1:= _ "='Sheet1'!R3C28:R12C37" How do I make this dynamic, so the starting point, #of rows and # of columns are defined by variables? Help is much appreciated. Regards, OMER On May 21, 4:57=A0pm, OMER <O...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > ...

WHY: duplicated entries in suppliers table after using QSimport
hello after using QSimport to populate the items table, i've noticed that there are a lot of duplicate entries being created in the supplier table. There are 254 only distinct supplier names, but there are 654 suppliers total. When you look at the suppliers which are present more than once, you notice (i am 99% sure) that all of the ones that get duplicated are had to be truncated to 30 characters, the max data length for that field. i checked and they are not being duplicated because they are misspelled or even because of trailing spaces in the supplier name 1) would it be harmfu...

Limiting data pulled from another table into a lookup column?
I have a table with "Site" information and a table with "Equipment" information that contains a lookup column to pull the Site Name from the "Site" table. I would like to be able to lock/omit Site Names from the lookup column that have already been closed, yet keep the info for the closed sites in the "Site" table. Is there some way to do this? Thx "BABs" <BABs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3206E4F0-86FF-409D-8A90-6CD890D20F8C@microsoft.com... >I have a table with "Site" information and a tab...

Add data in excel table to existing access database
I'm sure this is simple. If you know that is. I have an existing database - loads of fields, 2 of them are Process Number and Keywords. I have an excel spreadsheet that is produced on a daily basis and I need to enter the information that this spreadsheet contains into the access database. the two fields are the Process number and the Keywords. There must be an easy way to do this. Can anyone help please? ...

Linking Incident and Activity Tables/Views
I am trying to write a query that gives me the ticketnumber for each incident (case) that has a email that contains the text: Error: Failed to Print File (-2147023898) Below I have gotten everything I need, but the ticketnumber. SELECT A.OwnerIdName, A.Subject, A.ActivityTypeCode, A.Description, A.ActivityId, A.RegardingObjectTypeCode, A.RegardingObjectIdName FROM dbo.ActivityPointer A WHERE Subject LIKE '%Error: Failed to Print File (-2147023898)%' OR Description LIKE '%Error: Failed to Print File (-2147023898)%' Addendum to this: How do I link the dbo...

Creation of New Database and Exporting Tables from an existing Dat
I am splitting 10 existing tables statewise. Each such split table will have a distinct name. Eg: In case of Family table, it will have the name of the Tables as, Family Karnataka, FamilyAndhrapradesh etc. I have opened 25 new / different Databases with the respective names of the states - such as Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh etc. Now, I want to copy these split tables to the respective databases. Such as FamilyKarnataka to the database of Karnataka and FamilyAndhraPradesh to the database Andhra Pradesh. Please duide me... S Haresha Babu Sr Manager (IT) Syndicate Bank ...

Pivot Table Calculated Formula If statement
Hi all, In a pivot table I am trying to add this formula: In the insert calculated field-->Formula field i type =IF('FIELD NAME'="STRING TO COMPARE", 1,0) Any Idea why this does not work? The calculated field operates on a sum of the field, and the sum of a text string is zero. The zero result won't equal the "String to compare", so the calculated field will return a zero. Perhaps you could do the calculation in the source data instead, and add that field to the pivot table. Dan McCollick wrote: > Hi all, > In a pivot table I am trying to a...

Data display incomplete after creating Pivot Table
I have created pivot table from spreedsheet. One of the fields "additional comments" doesn't display fully in the pivot report. I have tried increasing column widths and row widths. I have also tried using Alt+enter as suggested in some of other discussion forum. Nothing is working so far. Any help appreciated. Thank you! Hi komal. I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 36 towards the top of my home page. It works OK for me. Check out the file. I hope that it helps in some way. If my comments have h...

Checkmark symbol in Table of Contents
In Word 2003, I was able to put a checkmark next to a heading for an important distinction in my organization, and have the checkmark appear in the Table of Contents. It seems that in Word 2007, that same checkmark does NOT appear in the Table of Contents. Can anyone either explain why, or more importantly, tell me if there is a way to get the symbols to appear? Thank you. How did you put the checkmark in? If it's an ordinary character, then simply typing it in the heading will make it part of the text. If it's going at the beginning of the line, be careful it doesn&#...

align to baseline guides in table cell
I want to align the text in multiple table cells to the baseline guides as used by the rest of the document. I am using styles, and have selected "Align to baseline guides" in the paragraph format, but it does not seem to take effect on the text. Any suggestions would be great Using Pub 2003 Troubleshoot baseline guides http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP062088331033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "prioritypie" <prioritypie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Selecting a Value from a table in a form
Hello, I have a time database set up for employees to enter the time. Right now there is a form where the date is selected, then there is a subform with a drop down list where the employee selects there name, then there is another subform where employees enter there time. Associated with each form is a Date table that displays the days of the year, there is an employee table that lists all the employees names, and then there is a work table which keeps track of employee time. However I am running into an issue with employees changing the employee name by accident in the employee sub...

Building a string out of table columns values
I need to take the table variable @NonexistingHeadlines and build a string out of all of the values in the column HeadlineTitle. Is there a way to do it? On Mar 30, 3:53=A0am, "Andy B." <a_bo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I need to take the table variable @NonexistingHeadlines and build a strin= g > out of all of the values in the column HeadlineTitle. Is there a way to d= o > it? Yes select Column1 + Column2 + Column3 You will have to cast non character columns to a chararcter data type. You can use FOR XML PATH: DECLARE @s NVARCHAR(MAX); ...

Pivot Table question #4
Hi I have spreadsheets that take data via a pivot table from an OLAP cube that is held on a terminal server. The spreadsheets hold figures entered by me and figures obtain from the pivot table. I want to enable the automatic update on the pivot table but the pivot table is sorted by a project number obtained from the OLAP cube. My problem is if a new project is added to the OLAP cube then it is automatically selected from the drop down list. I want to be able to turn this off so that it only selects the project I have previously chosed. For example if I have selected the filter nu...

YAPTQ
Guess I don't understand pivots like I shoud! (Yes, books are on the way) Anyway, data looks like this: SubmittedDate 0-15 16-30 31-45 >45 PxAmount 01/01/2006 1 0 0 0 $10.00 01/05/2006 0 1 0 0 $20.00 01/06/2006 0 1 0 0 $40.00 02/05/2006 0 0 1 0 $50.00 Is there a way to get the pivot tableto look like this 0-15 days 16-30 days 31-45 days etc Jan 1 2 Feb 0 0 1 PxTot $10 $60 $50...

Pivot tables qty
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C356E6.BC4D1160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible and if so how do I recall only quantities greater than = zero into a pivot table. Stock adjustments for items can be made, and some of them will cancel = each other out +5 and -5 =3D 0. This 0 (Zero) qty is still recorded in = the pivot table as the adjustments show in the table I am getting the = info from but I don't want it to, how do I stop the table from = retrieving these lines...

using a reference table
I'm trying to create a huge reference table lets say of the type name1 number11 number12 number13 name2 number21 number22 number23 and so on and so forth (lets say there'll be a thousand entries) and then use it in the following way. in another table, whenever i write in a cell a certain name lets say nameX... i want to program the neighbouring cells to retrieve the information from the reference table about the nameX and to write then in automatically i.e. i write nameX ____ _____ _____ and in the blanks right away it finds the numbers from the reference table and fills th...

PIVOT tables and publishing thrm on a webpage
Is there a way to publish a pivot table in a html page but still kee exactly the same funcitonality that you have on a Excel spread sheet either by converting it to a java applet or something else . Any hel would be much appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Calculated Field in form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? ...