reading file name from folder function

I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all
the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me
know. Thanks.

0
00ScarlettJohnson
5/18/2007 5:43:07 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi.

>I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all
>the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table.

Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the
contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example:

http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

Check out the Dir function in MS Access help.
--
Gerwin Berentschot
gerwin@mraccess.nl.(nospam)

"'69 Camaro" wrote:

> Hi.
>
> >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all
> >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table.
>
> Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the
> contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example:
>
> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html
>
> HTH.
> Gunny
>
> See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
> See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
> Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
> http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
> info.

Hi, Gerwin.

> Check out the Dir function in MS Access help.

The Dir function doesn't store the file name in a table.  The getFileInfo( )
function on that Web page does -- after using the Dir function to read the
file names in the directory.

"Gerwin Berentschot" <gerwin@mraccess.nl.(nospam)> wrote in message
> Check out the Dir function in MS Access help.
> --
> Gerwin Berentschot
> gerwin@mraccess.nl.(nospam)
> Mr. Access - Access development and training
>

> "'69 Camaro" wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read
>> >all
>> >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table.
>>
>> Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the
>> contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example:
>>
>> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html
>>
>> HTH.
>> Gunny
>>
>> See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
>> See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
>> Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
>> http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
>> info.

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Renaming Partial File Names

Qrp Date functions

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...