Re: Storing and Retrieving 'DateLastStored'

Steve Schapel <schapel@mvps.org.ns>
 wrote in news:eFG3ag3RIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl

> MJ,
>
> Sorry. just a quick tangential comment at this stage, as I haven't
> quite got a handle yet on the real questions you are asking.  But I
> thought I should point out that your variable declarations are
> probably not doing what you want them to.  For example, this line: Dim
> StartDate, EndDate, PrevDate As Date .... I imagine you think is
> creating 3 date variables, whereas it is not, the only date variable
> will be the PrevDate.  You should do it like this: Dim StartDate As
> Date, EndDate As Date, PrevDate As Date .... or, in my opinion, better
> to do each one on a separate line: Dim StartDate As Date Dim EndDate
> As Date Dim PrevDate As Date
>
> -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP
>
> MJ wrote:
>> We have built a database that imports data from a number of files
>> that are produced daily and compiles it into a single "MASTER" table.
>>  Most of the time the user will only be importing a single day at a
>> time, but after weekends and when we initiate this database we will
>> process multiple dates at a time.
>
>> This importing process works, but we want to put a safety into the
>> code to prevent loading of previously loaded dates.
>
>> My initial thought was a simple If then-Else where:
>
>> ======== Private Sub CmdImport_Click()     'Import Files

test test test
0
Fred
12/26/2007 5:50:19 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Exchange Server 2003: Can I set a public folder or information store up on different server?
Hi I was wondering if it is possible to set up a second information store for public folders onto a separate server. The primary information store would reside on server 1 with its private and public edb file but i would like a second public accessible edb file set up on a second server distinct from the exchange server. Thanks in advance for any help. Marco You mean a Public Folder server? Yes, you can. If your PF traffic/performance requirements justify it, as they do in some organizations, you can setup a setup a separate server and host Public Folders on it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP -...

Need to re-add "Tools" button to Menu Bar
I have inadvertantly removed the "Tools" button from my Menu Bar an need to re-add it. Does anyone know how to do that? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi goto 'Tools - customize', select your menubar in this list and click 're-set' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have inadvertantly removed the "Tools" button from my Menu Bar and > need to re-add it. Does anyone know how to do that? > Thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ A) The OP lost his Tools menu, so he can&#...

Please add delete action to IMF for information store
Can *anyone* in the Microsoft Exchange team respond to this: Please can the option to *delete* messages be added to the IMF actions for an information store? Why would we want to do this? We are a K12 school and have two Information stores, one for staff, one for students. It is quite acceptable to deliver spam into the junk email folder for staff. It is *not* acceptable to do this for students. Even though the UCE level is getting set correctly (ie the message is correctly classified as spam) the inability to *delete* such messages from the student information store results in adult m...

[Fwd: Re: The End Is Near]
FYI Gordon wrote: > <http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.office.misc/browse_thread/thread/ 4a1085031376b996/1c59d0d1d1b6f548?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=The+End+Is+Near#1c59d0d1d1b6f548> > So it may . That's a very grey area. Surely it was firstly up to the Op to > use his/her conscience, and secondly, but most importantly the "mvp > moderator" should have posted REASONS why it possibly violated the licensing > agreement - and not just arbitrarily delete posts..... > > -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS&...

Exmerge on Running Information Store
Can we use Exmerge on current running production Information store to export a particular user's mailbox? His account has been disabled? will this be a problem? Or export has to be done from a recent backup? if the account is disabled, you won't be able to run exmerge against it...unless you add some permissions...or you could just re-enable the account, but expire it, instead...then you can run exmerge against it... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mallik Vatti" <MallikVatti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F06D0F1-36E5-4F43-BDCF-902CA8D0DC50@microsoft.co...

Problem with Recovery Mail Store Process
Running Exchange and windows server 2003; Trying to recover a lost email from backup. have created the Recovery mail store, and database. Run the backup restore from a windows server that does not have exchange on it. Backup appears to run ok, no errors in report, Get to running the hard recovery from a command prompt and get the message, " Eseutil /cc not recognized" I'm at a loss what to do. Have the various documents on using the recovery mail store process and admin of Exchange server but am obviously missing something very basic. Help is greatly appreciated. Thank...

Re-activation of Money Plus ...
Okay, so I have a copy of Money Plus that has only been installed and activated one time. My expiration is currently 09/2009 per Help ... About. My question is, can I simply uninstall and reinstall the application on the same computer, use the same activation code, and extend my use until January 2011? Thoughts? No. The date the key was first activated is stored in the activation system. "Joe G" <JoeG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F02C12C8-BA0C-4E9D-821D-062D0347AD0D@microsoft.com... > My question is, can I simply uninstall and reinstall the appli...

Where is the Email Account info stored?
I currently have my PST file stored on a separate partition from my program files. Then if I need to restore an image, my data is unaffected. However, is there a way to perform a similar storage to my email accounts? I just restored a partition and I lost all of my account information (Tools -> Email Accounts). Where is that info stored? How do I store it elsewhere from the C: drive? Thanks. It's in the registry. In Office 2003 the Save My Settings wizard will save that information. Office 2007 doesn't have that but the Vista migration tool will move it. <-> wrote...

Outlook Express message store help!...
I recently uninstalled IE6 and then reinstalled it the next day. Now I can't lunch Outlook Express, I get the error message: "Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full." I have plenty of memory and disk space. How do I fix this problem? Thanks for your help!... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.ou...

What is the maximum no of bytes that can be stored in a excel file
what is the maximun of bytes that can be stored in a excel file I am trying to save records from another Quest TOOL called (TOAD) into MS- Excel. Please let me know. Eagerly waiting for your reply Thank -- prekid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prekida's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2660 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39879 The limit on bytes depends on your computer's RAM. The max number of rows Excel can have is 65536 and the max number of columns is 256....

re:Back up
Thanks Cal Now when I back up it asks me to check floppy, how do I tell it to back up in the usb port. Going to go get one now. Bob -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- If the usb Disk is in the USB slot, it will allow you to change from A: to F: or what ever the drive leter is. Once you have changed it it will then choose that drive each time. As you have not had a USB dirve, remember to "Safely remove the drive" so th...

Cannot send or receive email / Intermittent evey 3 days / ok if re
Hi everyone, I have a standard edition 2K3 exchange on 2K3 standard edition. The mail boxes (on one store) were move from 2K exchange. I had no problem for a long while. But suddenly, it seems that I cannot send or receive any email. When this happen, I cannot restart the smtp service (it does stop, it does not restart), I have to reboot...then everythig is fine. This happens every 3-4 days. The even log does not show anything. Does anyone have an idea of how to track the problem? The server does not run anything special beside SAV Enterprise edition... How much free space is on the ...

exchange 2003 private and public stores
My Exchange 2003 information stores must be manualy mounted on restart, there are no failures in the event log. Any thoughts? Paul ptaylormcp wrote: > My Exchange 2003 information stores must be manualy mounted on > restart, there are no failures in the event log. Any thoughts? > > Paul All your Exchange services are set to start automatically? I can't imagine your application event log is entirely useless here.... Hi, somebody checked the option "don't mount on starting"??? => can you verify in the properties of each bank. Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BAR...

issues with RMS 2.0110 HQ and multi stores environment
Dear All, good day I have the following issues with RMS 2.0110 HQ and multi stores environment -Discrepancy between store Qty, HQ Qty, and physical Qty o Some stores the HQ Qty = physical Qty and store Qty (store level) does not equal the Store Qty at HQ level, I have performed the full Item count WS and no news. o Qty at store level when generating Qty list Qty on hand does not = the physical Qty, but when generating item movement report Qty on hand = physical Qty. o At the item movement report I figured out an Unknown movement type, it may conducted at the same time of sales transactio...

Retrieving Personal Folders
A friend lost all her outlook information, including contacts and the folders she had set up to sort her email. I was able to restore the contacts and the inbox email but cannot locate and restore the personal folders and their contents. When I asked her what happened she said "I think I responded 'yes' to something when it asked me if I wanted to move my folders." :-) Anyway, any help on how to find her missing folders and import them to her Outlook program would be appreciated. She is running Outlook 2000 and WinXP (not sure if Pro or Home). Thank you. Your questio...

How to stop offline email retrieval from POP3 account
Outlook continues to download email from a POP3 server even when Outlook is closed and the workstation user has logged off the machine. We have checked the settings under Options, Mail Set Up, Send/Receive. Is there another reason we are having this unwanted result? This prevents a user from retrieving mail remotely, since mail is not remaining at POP3 server for remote pickup. Thanks for your help. CJK <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook continues to download email from a POP3 server > even when Outlook is closed and the workstation user has > log...

TLS: Question re. Outbound TLS Behavior
I cannot find any documentation as to the behavior of this specific aspect of Microsoft's implimentation TLS... If the box for TLS is checked in the Outbound Security options on an SMTP connector, will it attempt TLS and fall back to non-TLS if the receiving server does not respond to TLS? Or, to put it another way, can both outbound TLS-encrypted messages and outbound non-TLS-encrypted messages by handled by the same SMTP connector? Does checking the box mean "Attempt" oubound TLS or does it mean "Require" outbound TLS? Here is my problem. My customer has sever...

re-enabled user cannot acces mailbox
I have re-enabled a user, logged them into a pc, but we cannot access his mailbox by either outlook2003 or owa. What have did i miss? tia How long did you wait? Possibly AD replication issues. Give it some time. James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com Randy H wrote: > I have re-enabled a user, logged them into a pc, but we cannot access his > mailbox by either outlook2003 or owa. > > What have did i miss? > > > > tia grrr, I thought I waited long enough, guess I didn't. Working now.... thanks. <jamestechman@gmail...

How to re-create an MFC app
Hello I am using Visual C++ v6 and have an MFC sample but without the dsw/dsp files. So I have the .rc file etc. What is the easiest make to re-create the project. I think it was created in an earlier version of Visual C++. There is a makefile but if I run nmake - it doesn't create any project files. Angus In VC6, you should be able to open the make file in IDE. File::Open Workspace should do it. Once you open it, see if you can save it as ..dsp or it may prompt you to create it when you open it. --- Ajay to recreate the project open MFC and create new WIN32 empty project, F...

Store Based Pricing report from HQ
Hi All, HQ allows each store to have different pricing for items at different stores - this is great - but how do I report (from HQ as this is where the items have to be setup) what the prices are for each store. Preferrably the report only needs to show which items are different from that as currently set in HQ. Has anyone got a report for this or can point me in the correct direction for creating my own report. Thanks, Jason. In HQ, Look at the "Snapshot" reports - these should give you the store specific data you want. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tib...

How to retrieve data which contain "/" in it
Hi, I try to pull a data from access with contain a speacial character "/" in it but what i get is it not return a single data, so how do i wanna retrieve it? below is statement I use it but it return nothing. SELECT LDDATA.COR, LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.PCODE, LDDATA.QTY, LDDATA.BOXNO, LDDATA.CASENO, LDDATA.RSNOS, LDDATA.RSNOE, LDDATA.NOFRS FROM LDDATA WHERE (((LDDATA.COR)="A11/LC/000002/11/06")) ORDER BY LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.BOXNO; On Tue, 22 May 2007 21:53:02 -0700, osmanar <osmanar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I try to pull a data from access with...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

Mfg stored procedure
I am trying to locate the stored procedure that is called to activate the Manufacturing Series Sales Item Detail window from Sales Order Transaction Entry. If it truly is a stored procedure. Does anyone have experience with this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Re: Trying to Calculate a Projected Date
Hi! Doh! Must get to bed! =WORKDAY(Start_Date,15*5,Holidays) It's a 75 day course net of holidays and weekends. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:... > Hi jedicris! > > It looks to me like you want: > > =WORKDAY(Start_Date,15*7,Holidays) > > I think that the problem with the earlier method was playing around > yourself with working days....

Vlookups yielding wrong N/A results (numbers stored as texts and viceversa)
Hi there, my problem is that I have to do a number of vlookups (exact matches) on customer codes (which are numeric values). Most of the times, Excel returns an N/A error, even when it shouldn't, because the code is in both tables. My understanding is that this happens when Excel treats the code in the first table as a number, and the one in the second table as a text. How do I solve this extremely annoying problem? Since Excel is a spreadsheet and not a database, it allows you to choose a formatting, but not to set a data type for a field. So how do I make sure Excel treats the custome...