>dirtrhoads@discussions.microsoft.com>
0
Shannon
5/20/2010 12:33:56 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Find and replace 03-04-10
I'm trying to scan a field in one of my tables and find a specific character and remove it. However, the character is a " so I'm having difficulty. The field I speak of of contains the sizes of our material so the values look like this: 1/4" 1/2" 1/3" and so on. How can I find all of the " in my feild and remove them? I don't want to replace them I just want to remove them. Thanks, Chris Savedge Create a query, and in the Criteria row under the problem field, enter: Like "*[""]*" -- Allen Browne - ...

DATE #10
Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 Format? "����" <cola@hz.cn> wrote in message news:OOQhTbRaKHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 > Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 > See your other post "ÎÞÃû" wrote: > Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 > Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 > > > . > Hi, Highlight the cell, right click in the mouse, cell format, custom format and enter yyyy-mm-dd "ÎÞÃû" wrote: > Fe...

Formula needed 01-22-10
Hi I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! Krissy wrote: > Hi > I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and > for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the > same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Omit the "values to be summed". =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2...

Re: Storing and Retrieving 'DateLastStored'
Steve Schapel <schapel@mvps.org.ns> wrote in news:eFG3ag3RIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl > MJ, > > Sorry. just a quick tangential comment at this stage, as I haven't > quite got a handle yet on the real questions you are asking. But I > thought I should point out that your variable declarations are > probably not doing what you want them to. For example, this line: Dim > StartDate, EndDate, PrevDate As Date .... I imagine you think is > creating 3 date variables, whereas it is not, the only date variable > will be the PrevDate. You should do it like thi...

SendTo PDF Not Working on GP 10
I upgraded a client from GP 8.0 to GP 10.0. Since the ugprade, they are unable to use the SendTo PDF option from within GP. We have tried reinstalling Adobe and that hasn't changed anything. The users can see the PDF being created but a blank email doesn't open from their email client as it used to. The client is on version 10.00.0991 and I thought this issue was to be resolved in 10.0 SP 1 but obviously it hasn't been for us. The client is also using Outlook. Is this still a bug with 10.0 or are we missing something? I am on Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.0 with Microsoft ...

Lost contact list 04-22-10
I amusing Windows live mail...it had no problem picking up my contacts from Outlook Express. Now that I syncronized messages from my Hotmail e-mail account and my Telus email account into Windows Live, my contact list is only the two contacts from the hotmail account. All the rest are gone. They are still in the Address Book, but I cant access them How can I get it back into Windows Live Mail ??? Help please. You signed into the Hotmail account when you started Windows Live Mail. This is optional and not at all related to getting your mail. When you sign in, WLM sync...

Appointment Activities 12-05-04
Hi, It appears when an appointment passed its scheduled time, it would complete itself without user input, and disappearing from the Home\Past Due Activities view. Other activities, such as phone calls and tasks etc are OK (or it seems). Does this make sense to anyone? If yes is there a solution or workaround? Thank you for your help in advance. Tony Tony, I am getting the exact same behavior, for what unknown reason, I don't know. It's pretty ridiculous if just because the date has passed that an appointment would be autocompleted. Bob "Tony" wrote: > Hi, >...

Outlook 2003 03-17-10
Dear Sir, 1. Process will complete mailing address to sent item means anything ? 2. Repairmail up screen time that does not match the running because of what ? 3. The move affects the computer to send mail or receive ? Best Regards, On 3/16/2010 8:19 PM, supatsiri wrote: > Dear Sir, > > 1. Process will complete mailing address to sent item means anything ? > 2. Repairmail up screen time that does not match the running because of what ? > 3. The move affects the computer to send mail or receive ? > > Best Regards, What is your native language? Please post ...

SMTP Connector #20
Hello Everyone: Have a Exchange 5.5 Server co-existing with an Exchange 2003 server until we finish migration. I only have a few mailboxes on the 2003 server and have a problem. I needed to delete the SMTP connector between the 2 servers. Deleted it off of the 2003 server and when I go to delete it from teh 5.5 site, I get an error and it won't let me get rid of it. Now those mailboxes on the 2003 server can get mail from the outside but cannot send out. How can I resolve this. If I re-create the SMTP connector on the 2003 box, it still does not work. Any ideas? Thanks Hi, I...

Error re-serializing a soap class
I have a web service that defines a class that is returned to the calling program. Nothing special or complicated, mostly string. The calling program then tries to serialize the returned class using the XmlSerializer and I recieve a InvalidOperationException. Additional Information: there was an error reflecting type xxxx. ser = new XmlSerializer( typeof(JLConfigService.CJLOperatorInfo) ); data = new StreamWriter( "L:\\OprInfo.xml" ); ser.Serialize( data, sd.OprInfo ); data.Close(); Both the client and the server are .net 3.5. There is a lot of decoration on the class defi...

Percentage tax calculation 07-01-05
Hi all, i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see this features in crm. any suggestion? Thanks in advance, Joe On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:37:17 +0200, "Joe Fischietti" <joefischietti@removemelibero.it> wrote: >Hi all, >i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see >this features in crm. >any suggestion? We have an add in that will do this. It allows tax rates to be set by percentage on quotes, orders and invoices. The tax rate is set for each product with a configurable default and may be over...

disappearing e-mail 04-21-10
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some email just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am. What next? "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message news:C8EFF7C5-B8C5-4F52-8D9F-070299902F6C@microsoft.com... > This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some > email > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other > threads that say make...

Mail Merge 03-12-10
I have a log that has multiple lines with the same individual that I am trying to merge into one page per individual in word, I have to do a more advanced mail merge. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:33:01 -0800, Brooke <Brooke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a...

Dynamics GP 10 Reporting Question
I heard reporting in GP 10 is upgraded. Does anyone know if it will be anything like Rockton Software Dynamics Report Manager where you can send any report to like Sql reporting services or crystal? ------=_NextPart_0001_70733CB7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I haven't heard anything at all that reporting in 10.0 will be changed. While I guess it's possible, I would assume for now that there won't be any big changes in general. I would expect more MS Office & SQL integration in the next version for sure, but I can't see everything rewrit...

Crystal Error 08-16-05
I was having a problem with Prompt Fields when I 'printed' a report in CRM. I can view and Export the report just fine but I can't Print it. I installed patch 834913, but now I get a dialog box that says... Crystal Report Viewer Information is needed before thsi report can be processed.[On Cache/Page Server: SERVERNAME.pageserver] Any ideas? This is a simple report with no subreports. The prompt field is being used to sort the report. I have published the entire site and restarted all IIS and Crystal services. Thanks! open the report in crystal designer and go to database-...

Home based Job For Indian
Want the pleasure of life, don't worry, work 1-2hours/day and earn Rs. 10,000-15,000/month online from your home/cafe/office PC. For details write # ejob1189@rediffmail.com Please write the subject of mail as: "Job Inquiry" ...

Was: Was: Re: Mulitipage Tomfoolery
Dave Peterson wrote: >You could hide the application (and remember to reshow it when your userform is >dismissed). > >application.visible = false >userform1.show >... >application.visible = true >.... > >But then other stuff will be visible instead of excel. (As a user, I think I'd >rather see the excel screen than some other application--but maybe not, too ..<bg>.) Thanks for replying; I only saw this today whilst looking for something else. I've put your suggestion in, and it's spot-on. Now: is there a way to minimise the form? With the s...

Date and Time 05-14-10
I have cells in a worksheet that are formatted as date but still show as date and time. How do I pull out the time. E.g. 04/07/2009 1:00:00 AM I have tried the =left() and also =right () formulas with no luck. Date and time are just numbers underneath the formatting. 04/07/2009 1:00:00 AM is 39910.04167 Format the cell to General to see that number. Use Data>Text to Columns and delimit by decimal point. In third step choose the right hand column and "Skip" Finish Re-format the cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 14 May 2010 14:30:0...

pick a number from 1 to 10
hey all, i want to create an asp.net web page that allows internet users to pick a number from 1 to 10. how do i manage users picking the same number? (if 2 users somewhere happen to be selecting the same number and the same time). Is this a concurrency issue? thanks, rodchar hi Rodchar, On 19.12.2009 19:01, rodchar wrote: > i want to create an asp.net web page that allows internet users to pick a > number from 1 to 10. You may use ten links or buttons. But what should happens after they "picked" a number? > how do i manage users picking the same nu...

Customizations 03-10-06
Hi, using the "customization" in "Settings" showed me an "E-mail" entity, althought there is no way to setup where to display it ("Areas that display this entity") and I'd like to find out how to adapt this!! Thanks for your helpfull reply, SturE Email enitity is a type od Activity, there is no way to modify display area for activities in user interface. You can try to modify sitemap.xml, but you will need some knowledge... "Sture Van de moortel" wrote: > Hi, > > using the "customization" in "Settings" ...

Query help please 04-08-10
I have two combo boxes. Location and Super1 The location box lets you select a location where a staff member is working at.For example U3 B-days. The Super1 box lets you select their supervisor who works U3 B-days. As it stands right now it will work. The problem is that it will show all Supervisors through out the whole place. I found a way where I can select from the Location box where it will pull up just the supervisors for that location in the Super1 box. That works so far so good. Now, where the problem comes in is when the staff member is a supervisor. For example: Staf...

SetFocus problem 02-05-08
Alright, this is driving me nuts. I have an unbound text box (txtAddInvoices) on a form (A2003) where a user can enter an invoice number and the code in the After Update event creates a recordset clone and looks for the invoice number. If a match is not found it displays a message box. It works fine except that I cannot get it to set focus back to the text box after the code runs. Here is the current code (slightly condensed); Private Sub txtAddInvoices_AfterUpdate() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strCriteria As String Dim strMsg As String Set rst = Me.RecordsetCl...

How to re-assign mini-icons to *.html file types in WinExplorer?
Occasionally the mini icons in front of a files of a certain file type (e.g. all *.html) in Windows Explorer are lost. Instead an ugly dummy icon is shown. How can I re-assign the Internet Explorer typical blue "e" mini icons to them again? Resp. how can I don this in general for a file extension .yyy? Cindy Right click on the file and go to Properties and hit the change button = and then designate the program with which you wish to open the file. steve "Cindy Parker" <cypy@live.com> wrote in message = news:4c57d81c$0$6986$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.ar...

Linking cells 01-22-10
My excel skills are lackluster at best, but I am trying to link specific cells in 2 different spreadsheets and could use some help. What I would like to do is automatically update a column in one file when I enter info in another column in the other file. Basically I need the date to update automatically to show the last pick up date for specific suppliers.... for example, if we pick up from XYZ company on Jan 1, I need that date linked to that client, and then we pick up again from XYZ company on Jan 21, I need the date updated to Jan 21 on the second file. Hope this m...

xldialogprint arguments 01-25-10
Are there any arguments that I can pass in the .show method. I am specifically looking for a way to hide the print preview button. Thank you, Tom I don't believe you can hide the print preview button. You can though preset most of the options by passing the relevant arguments. range_num, from, to, copies, draft, preview, print_what, color, feed, quality, y_resolution, selection, printer_text, print_to_file, collate Regards, Peter T "TWR" <TWR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44C13F42-80D5-49E3-918F-B0F8C9422F07@microsoft.com... >...