Qucik Access Toolbar not showing custom controls

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with the QAT in access 07
I'm trying to add custom buttons via XML, and not having any luck.
I can populate the QAT with IDMSO controls, but when I use a custom id
button it doesn't show in the QAT bar.
Below is a sample code I have been working with, the Copy and Paste
buttons will show up but not the Test button.

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/
customui">
   <ribbon startFromScratch="true">
     <qat>
       <documentControls>
          <button id="Test1" label="Test"  imageMso="Delete"
onAction="=OpenMyForm('test')"/>
          <button idMso="Copy"
          <button idMso="Paste"
       </documentControls>
     </qat>
   </ribbon>
</customUI>

I've tried with and without a label and with and without a size.
I've tried using custom button images
I've tried opening forms as well as MSO functions.
I have checked that 12.0 library is check off.
And I have restarted access for every change I have made, not just
close and reopen the database.

I'm total Lost at this point.

Thanks for any help

Carter

1
Preditor
10/3/2007 4:49:25 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Anyone have any ideas on this!

i really need some help, i would like to put a Combo box on the QAT.

but i can't even get a custom button to work.

thanks, Carter

0
Preditor

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

users with restricted access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

Controling a MailMerge...
I am about to redo a procedure that will control a mail merge. My current process requires that the AccessDB is closed. This is the process now: 1) Data exists an access table that represents children in a household. 2) The assumption is made that the youngest child stores the most current mailing address and parent's names. A form/sub-form process allows viewing all children in a selected household as well as updating the address information. 3) A button on the main menu starts the mail-merge. It runs a Make Table query that generates the data necessary for the household. Then l...

"Customize Outlook Today" does not respond
The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer functions. I use Outlook 2000 on two separate computers. the Customize feature works on neither one. They both formerly functioned perfectly. I have noted a few other postings with the same issue, but there have been no responses. Is it possible that one of the updates to Outlook 2000 has rendered this feature inoperable? Since I keep my programs up to date, that is the only guess I have. I have the exact same problem on more than one pc. I have been searching for an answer all day. I just decided to start using the opti...

Copy Toolbar
Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > You...

no access to send internet email

Saving toolbar changes

Custom reports #3

Items for review wont show up
I am using MS Money 2004 Small Business. My checking account balance is downloaded each day from my bank. For the last couple days, it continues to download transactions, and tells me that there are now 8 items to review, but when I open up the account, nothing is bold faced to review. On the pane to the left, it still lists 8 items to review. I even went to the bank website and downloaded in the most recent transactions, but this only made the list of items to review larger. I still can't accept any of them. I have tried a quick repair. I also tried restoring the back up, bu...

insufficient privilege to control the folder
Hello, Has anyone seen anything like this before? A short time ago my Outlook INBOX suddenly became empty. I had clicked on an email to delete it. When I attempted to delete it said that I had insufficient privilege to control the folder. Then all emails disappeared. Email still comes in but I can't find all the other email I had in my INBOX in the deleted items or any other folder. Thanks, Dan ...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...

Excel and Access
Hi All, I admit I am a complete novice on this aspect of using Excel. My requirement is as follows. I have an Access Database called nt1.mdb on drive D: in which there is one table (Table1) of data, indexed on column1 I wish to connect to this database and search the contents of Table1 for a value in column1 that has been entered into an Excel userform. The values of the other columns in Table1 should be returned if the value is found. How do I connect to the mdb, do the search and read the resulting values from the table? Any help gratefully received. Cheers There's sample ...