Pulling data for a report from a form

Hi,

I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have
this formula in a report field:

=onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty)

but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead.

Thank you

josros60
12/17/2009 3:37:43 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use:

=Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have
> this formula in a report field:
>
> =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty)
>
> but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead.
>
> Thank you

Arvin
12/17/2009 4:17:48 AM
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 03:37:43 GMT, "josros60 via AccessMonster.com"
<u56159@uwe> wrote:

This would work perfectly if "onHand" is a public function in a
standard module, taking two arguments. Is it?

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Hi,
>
>I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have
>this formula in a report field:
>
>=onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty)
>
>but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead.
>
>Thank you
0
Tom
12/17/2009 4:21:00 AM
Hi, Thank you for your answer.

at last i got it to display the unit in stock by pasting the expression in
the query field:

On hand: onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty)

but now i got one problem when i click on the report first ask:

enter parameter value, and above the imput box dispay:
Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty)

how to get rid of this message?

because i do not enter anything just click ok and shows the report fine with
the unit in stock displaying the right values.

thank you again

yes i guess you're right is a public function, this one: ModStock

Arvin Meyer [MVP] wrote:
>To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use:
>
>=Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty
>> Hi,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>
>> Thank you

josros60
12/17/2009 6:11:17 AM
Hi,
Thank you for your reply, but how can i get rid of this message when i hit
print the report i get this message before it prints:

Enter Parameter Value

Tom van Stiphout wrote:
>This would work perfectly if "onHand" is a public function in a
>standard module, taking two arguments. Is it?
>
>-Tom.
>Microsoft Access MVP
>
>>Hi,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>
>>Thank you

josros60
12/17/2009 9:33:20 PM
Because you placed it in the query criteria, you get a prompt, if the form
isn't open. The only way to get rid of it is to either delete the criteria
or change it to:

Like Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty & "*"

which will ignore the InvDateQty  textbox if it's empty. Also pay attention
to your expression. Do you really have only a closing parenthesis?
--

> Hi, Thank you for your answer.
>
> at last i got it to display the unit in stock by pasting the expression in
> the query field:
>
> On hand: onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty)
>
> but now i got one problem when i click on the report first ask:
>
> enter parameter value, and above the imput box dispay:
> Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty)
>
> how to get rid of this message?
>
> because i do not enter anything just click ok and shows the report fine
> with
> the unit in stock displaying the right values.
>
> thank you again
>
> yes i guess you're right is a public function, this one: ModStock
>
> Arvin Meyer [MVP] wrote:
>>To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use:
>>
>>=Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>>
>>> Thank you

Arvin

best use for x,z and zz report
now we are using z report for end of day and zz report for end of month (x report just to get hard copy of inday sales) is thier a better or more usefull way to use this three reports? best reqards Hi Bacha11....you describe what most RMS users (I believe) do with the X, Z and ZZ reports - if you have multiple shifts (example a morning shift and a afternoon shift) on your registers you could use the X and Z reports for shift reporting and the ZZ for end of day (it will include both Z reports from both shifts) - other than that I think you're good to go.... "BACHA11" wrote:...

How do I sort data in a spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that has a number assigned to each name and it was made in aphabetical order. I want to change it to numerical order. How do I do this? You can't in Publisher. You can try pasting the data into Excel, sorting it and then paste it back into Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "stmary" <stmary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92E24369-2E8E-4B02-899D-95A4E389D6D2@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that has a number assigned to each name and i...

Best way to get a pick-list on a form?
Is there a safe and effective way to get a pick list of values for a Standard Outlook form? Maybe a Macro button? What I want is to limit and auto-enter some properties, without having to re-do an entire form. Simple, or no? -- dBaser from back in the day ... It might be simple, but it's hard to say without knowing exactly what you mean by "standard Outlook form" and what business goals you're trying to accomplish, in what version of Outlook. Please provide more details. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Ju...

How pull data always from same location?
I want worksheet AA to pull data from a set location of worksheet BB. Worksheet BB is edited by a user who may add, delete and move the rows. If I make 'AA'!A10 set to ='BB'!A10 that works fine until my user moves the data on BB to row 50. At that point my 'AA'!A10 shows a value of ='BB'!A50. How do I set things up such that even after my user moves data to row 50 my 'AA'!A10 continues to pull from ='BB'!A10? Thanks =INDIRECT("'BB'!A10") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "xrbbaker" <xrbbaker@discussions.microsof...

How to show child form with cannot access a dispose object error
Hi, I have child form attached to a parent form. It is declare in parent form. private frmChild child; I also have an event to show the form and activate it. if (this.child == null) { this.child = new frmChild(); this.child.MdiParent = this; } this.child.Show(); this.child.Activate(); No problem when called for the very first time to show the child form. Problem occurs when the child from is closed and the called again to show. "Cannot access a dispose object" error occurs on .Show() line. I do not want to just hide the child form. Can I completely d...

Generating report in Access
Is there a limit of length of the report? I can't make it longer than 21 inch... :( You have paper longer than 21 inches? Are you trying to fit everything onone "page"?You should be able to use as many pages as you need to fit it all in.-- RegardsJeff BoyceMicrosoft Office/Access MVPhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentorhttp://microsoftitacademy.com/Microsoft Registered Partnerhttps://partner.microsoft.com/"Yue Zhao" <yuezhao@bu.edu> wrote in messagenews:eKf7l8YYHHA.944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...> Is there a limit of length of the re...

Removal of broken Hyperlinks from data copiedfrom a web page in to an Excel Spreadsheet
I have copied over 600 + lines into excel from a web page data base. I have cells which appear as hyperlinks (blue underlined text). When I put the insertion point over the cell, I get the little "hand" and a hyperlink box opens but is blank. I do not want the text in the cells to be hyperlinks nor do I want to open any hyperlinks. I went to the edit menu to select links to remove all but links is grayed out. I can remove each one, one by one, by using the arrow key to move into the cell, doing a right click and select, remove hyperlink. This works, but will not accept multiple...

Sub Form Properties
I'm sorry I have asked this before but it was ages ago!! How do I get back to the properties of the main form / sub form relationship? Regards. Bill. I think you are talking about Master/Child links. Open the form in design view. Click on menu VIEW - Properties. Then click on the very top left corner of the subform (on the edge, not the little square box) and the outter edge should be highlighted for sizing. If you miss, then click in the main form and then try again. The third and fourth properties will be the Child and Master links. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a lit...

Hi All, I would like to load an Excel spreadsheet directly into a single table in Oracle. Both the spreadsheet and the table have the same ordering of columns and have compatable data. I am aware that a way to achieve this would be to convert the .xls file into a .csv file and then use sql loader. However, I am interested in doing this in a quicker/easier way directly from Excel, eg. by adding in some functionality and clicking on a new button for loading into the database. We are all able to read from a database in Excel by importing external data. Surely there is a way to change that...

How can I "undo" an entry on a form/subform while still entering data ? 11-18-07
Hi I posted this question a couple of days ago and got 1 response but couldn't read it. Hopefully someone will have and answer. I have a form/subform for entering invoice data. What can I do if I realize that I have already entered the invoice ? Example: I enter the main form data and enter 5 lines of detail on the subform and then I realize that I have already entered this invoice before ? I would love to have a button that I could click that "undoes" the entire entry. How can this be accomplished ? Thanks Mark <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:81271...

Number Records by group in Report
I would like to number or rank records in a report by grouping. The ranking or numbering would be based on the lowest time. I have a field of [HandleTime] in "nn:ss". The groups would be based off a department. Any Ideas. I have looked out numbering them in a query, but that does not help for the groupings. Thanks - David Add a text box to the Detail section, and give it these properties: Control Source =1 Running Sum Over Group This assumes the Sorting And Grouping box is sorting by the times within the group, and you don't have to show 2 identical times as...

create an expense requisition form
Can you please help me to learn how to create an expense requisition form? thanks, ml Being by looking here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "desesperada123" wrote: > Can you please help me to learn how to create an expense requisition form? > thanks, > ml You could start by browsing the MS Template Gallery http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp Search for "expense" or "requisition" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 14 May 2...

Access 2007 Run-time Error 2467 when accessing a listbox value on a sub form
I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite some time and has run without errors. A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the following line that references a listbox value on a sub form. If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = "" Then .. .. .. I changed the code to If Nz(Forms! frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = ""...

Analysing data through pivot
Hi, I am trying to convert the payroll data I receive from my clients into a csv file that I import in to my payroll program. Ideally I would like it to be all automatic (marco). The problem lies in the variable nature of the information I receive. Here is the basic layout: NAME | ID | Basic pay | Commission | Overtime Bob 2 500 300 50 James 3 400 20 Sarah 4 500 And so forth THe layout I am trying to achieve is the following: Bob 2 Bas...

slow money report
Hey Guys: Am running win xp and money 2007. My monthly reports has crashed. When I click on the report, it searches for changes in the monthly data, etc, but then "hangs". I think this is what is slowing my computer; my computer's processor is running something in the background causing everything to be slow: my browser, money, etc. How can I correct this problem in money? Have tried to reinstall money without success and reset my computer to an earlier date again without success. Have you tried any of the File | Repair methods? "Curtis Glenn" <CurtisG...

Dynamic bar chart, must ignore "n/a" data...
Okay, gang, here's what I am trying to do. Assume I cannot use macros or pivot tables (the end chart must be usable by folks with ZERO excel ability.) Formulas only. (I know this would be easy with pivot tables.) Assume I have a table that is calculating how many pieces of fruit I pick. I have a column (A) that is called FRUIT. The user of the spreadsheet picks the type of fruit from a validated drop down list in (A) and then enters the number of pieces picked in (B). so the data might look like this: APPLE 2 APPLE 3 PEAR 2 PEACH 2 APPLE 4 Where each row is a different day...

Form for searching database?
Hi, I have a large list of resources that has been categorized by topic, audience, type, language and availability. I would like to know if it is possible to create a form where a person can enter what they are looking for (e.g., specificy the topic, language and availability) and somehow have Access return a report of what resources match the desired criteria. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julie If you just want to choose *one* field to filter on, and narrow it down as you go, see: Find as you type - Filter forms with each keystroke at: http://allenbrowne.com/AppFind...

Open a new form for the same record.
Hi All, My new question is: I am trying to open a new form from my main form, for the same record I am editing. My code is: DoCmd.OpenForm [PICS], acNormal, "", "[MODELNUMBER]=FORMS![PARTSFORM]! [MODELNUMBER]" This code works fine if that [MODELNUMBER] already exists in PICS table. If I have not entered any data for that Model Number in Pics, the form opens blank, "No [MODELNUMBER], and I have to manually enter it. I tried If statement to check for [MODELNUMBER] to see if its Null, and fill the field, but did not work. Any ideas to put me in the right direction...

Installing corporate custom forms?
Hi All Is there a procedure for installing pre-built custom corporate .oft files on an Exchange 2000 system? Thanks, Jack B. ...

Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order/Rename Report Options
Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order in the Report Options Window For example, when the Trial Balance Report Options window is open, the drop down list of report options appear to be in the order in which the reports were created, making it difficult to navigate to find the desired report option, especially when many options have been created. Would also like the ability to rename a report option. -- Elisabeth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...

Weird lines showing up on query, report & table printouts
I'm using Access 2007 and everything was working fine. Then all of a sudden it started printing very small grid lines in the upper left corner of every page of any query, report, or table printout. Everything looks fine in print preview but the lines keep showing up on the printouts. I found one website where another person described the same problem (it was posted in 2006 so was probably for an earlier version of Access) but there were no suggestions given as to what might have caused the problem or how to fix it. I've tried rebooting the computer, using earlier backup v...

importing customer summary data
Hello: This GP 10.0 client is not going to import customer historical data. But, they want the Customer Summary data to be updated and accurate. Is it safe to import this data through Table Import? If not, is it possible to do so through Integration Manager? Thanks! childofthe1980s It's possible todo through Table Import. There is no standard adapter in IM for customer summary data. If you ever run reconcile, you could have a problem because you won't have the transactions to support the summary data. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hell...

Report crashes when there are no records
hello I have a command button that uses DoCmd.OpenReport... etc... to print a report in preview mode. The report's record source is called qryData. On occassion, this query has no records, though I don't know this when I click the command button. In this case (no records in qryData) the program hangs. How can I prevent an attempt to print when there are no records in the underlying query? thank you -- Thanks Sophie You could try code like: If DCount("*","qryData") > 0 Then DoCmd.OpenReport ..... End If Otherwise most of us would place some code...

Automatic removal of data labels with 0 value in a chart
Hi, I have some charts that I want to remove only the data labels which value = 0. I know how to do this manually,I am only interested in finding out how to display data labels in a chart whose values are equal to 0. If the only way to do this is by using BVA code, would you please send me some code. Is there a toggle swith in the Excel Options just like the one that currently exists not to display 0 in a work sheet? I have about 100 columns in seven different charts that I need to edit manually every week and it is very time consuming. Thanks. You can use a simple custom num...

Data Migration Framework failed
Hi, I tried to use the DMF to migrate simple data in the CRM. But it failed. It is a very simple scenario. I have a csv-File with only an AccountNumber and Name. I tried different cases. First the one above but it failed because the AccountID can not be NULL in the CDF database. Then I generate my own IDs but still no effect. So I tried to set the AccountID as identy row but again no success. Then I added a forth column in my source csv-file which has the OwningUserName in it. I fired the stored procedure to map the users. But the migration still won�t work. I get the data in the CDF Databa...