publishing a report in Word

I have created a report in Access that I want to be able to put into a Word
document. When I have the report open, I click the W in the top menu and it
makes the Word file for me perfectly, except that my report has a picture at
the top of it which is my company logo and this logo does not show up in the
Word file. can i somehow get this logo that is on the report to show up in
the Word file as well? Thanks.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:01:03 -0800, RyanF17
<RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Experiment with different controls to put the logo in, such as the
Image control and the Unbound Object Frame.
And with different image formats, such as bitmap and jpg.

-Tom.

>I have created a report in Access that I want to be able to put into a Word
>document. When I have the report open, I click the W in the top menu and it
>makes the Word file for me perfectly, except that my report has a picture at
>the top of it which is my company logo and this logo does not show up in the
>Word file. can i somehow get this logo that is on the report to show up in
>the Word file as well? Thanks.
0
Tom
11/9/2007 4:57:38 AM
I tried a bitmap, jpg, and tif, and they all do the same thing.  the image
looks great in the report but doesnt show up in the word document. any other
suggestions? thanks.

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:01:03 -0800, RyanF17
> <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Experiment with different controls to put the logo in, such as the
> Image control and the Unbound Object Frame.
> And with different image formats, such as bitmap and jpg.
>
> -Tom.
>

> >I have created a report in Access that I want to be able to put into a Word
> >document. When I have the report open, I click the W in the top menu and it
> >makes the Word file for me perfectly, except that my report has a picture at
> >the top of it which is my company logo and this logo does not show up in the
> >Word file. can i somehow get this logo that is on the report to show up in
> >the Word file as well? Thanks.

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 06:21:01 -0800, RyanF17
<RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Perhaps you could create a .dot file (document template), that already
has the logo on it. Then use that .dot file to create a new .doc

Or add the logo using Automation with Word.

-Tom.

>I tried a bitmap, jpg, and tif, and they all do the same thing.  the image
>looks great in the report but doesnt show up in the word document. any other
>suggestions? thanks.
>
>"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:01:03 -0800, RyanF17
>> <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> Experiment with different controls to put the logo in, such as the
>> Image control and the Unbound Object Frame.
>> And with different image formats, such as bitmap and jpg.
>>
>> -Tom.
>>

>> >I have created a report in Access that I want to be able to put into a Word
>> >document. When I have the report open, I click the W in the top menu and it
>> >makes the Word file for me perfectly, except that my report has a picture at
>> >the top of it which is my company logo and this logo does not show up in the
>> >Word file. can i somehow get this logo that is on the report to show up in
>> >the Word file as well? Thanks.

0
Tom
11/10/2007 2:48:55 AM
When you publish a report in Word, it automatically creates a new Word file.
Is there a way that I can make it so that, instead of creating a new file, it
just puts the report into an existing Word file? That way, the existing Word
file can already have the logo on it. Sure I could always just add the logo
afterward but I would be running this report often and needing it to be in
Word so it would save a lot of time to just have the logo already there.
Thanks.

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 06:21:01 -0800, RyanF17
> <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Perhaps you could create a .dot file (document template), that already
> has the logo on it. Then use that .dot file to create a new .doc
>
> Or add the logo using Automation with Word.
>
> -Tom.
>

> >I tried a bitmap, jpg, and tif, and they all do the same thing.  the image
> >looks great in the report but doesnt show up in the word document. any other
> >suggestions? thanks.
> >
> >"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:01:03 -0800, RyanF17
> >> <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Experiment with different controls to put the logo in, such as the
> >> Image control and the Unbound Object Frame.
> >> And with different image formats, such as bitmap and jpg.
> >>
> >> -Tom.

Save the word file as a template (.dot) which includes the logo. Then when
you open the template it should save it as a new document each time.

Mary

"RyanF17" <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When you publish a report in Word, it automatically creates a new Word
> file.
> Is there a way that I can make it so that, instead of creating a new file,
> it
> just puts the report into an existing Word file? That way, the existing
> Word
> file can already have the logo on it. Sure I could always just add the
> logo
> afterward but I would be running this report often and needing it to be in
> Word so it would save a lot of time to just have the logo already there.
> Thanks.
>
> "Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 06:21:01 -0800, RyanF17
>> <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps you could create a .dot file (document template), that already
>> has the logo on it. Then use that .dot file to create a new .doc
>>
>> Or add the logo using Automation with Word.
>>
>> -Tom.
>>

>> >I tried a bitmap, jpg, and tif, and they all do the same thing.  the
>> >image
>> >looks great in the report but doesnt show up in the word document. any
>> >other
>> >suggestions? thanks.

0
Mary
11/12/2007 7:09:20 PM
yes but ideally, i would not be opening the document each time. i would just
be running the report in Access and then publishing the report in Word (by
clicking the W at the top of the screen). When i do this, it automatically
creates a new word file. i just want the logo to already be at the top of the
Word file, like it appears in the access report, whether the logo is already
there or just shows up each time with the rest of the data. thanks.

"Mary Braidigan" wrote:

> Save the word file as a template (.dot) which includes the logo. Then when
> you open the template it should save it as a new document each time.
>
> Mary
>
> "RyanF17" <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When you publish a report in Word, it automatically creates a new Word
> > file.
> > Is there a way that I can make it so that, instead of creating a new file,
> > it
> > just puts the report into an existing Word file? That way, the existing
> > Word
> > file can already have the logo on it. Sure I could always just add the
> > logo
> > afterward but I would be running this report often and needing it to be in
> > Word so it would save a lot of time to just have the logo already there.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 06:21:01 -0800, RyanF17
> >> <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Perhaps you could create a .dot file (document template), that already
> >> has the logo on it. Then use that .dot file to create a new .doc
> >>
> >> Or add the logo using Automation with Word.
> >>
> >> -Tom.

Opening a publisher file on a network
I'm working on a three computer network at a local small buinsess. When I create a publisher file on Computer One, I am unable to open the file on the other two. A message box comes up and says that the file is locked beacuse it is already in use in another program, even though there is no other programs running. What am I missing here? Thanks for the help. Try doing a copy to your hard drive and then open it. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Batwatcher64" <Batwatcher64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6387080B-39D1-4849-A8FA-46595C98A24A@microsoft.com... &...

Intrastat reporting
Hi Guys I've been lumbered with having to create an IntraStat report in Excel from an SQL db that isn't really geared up for IntraStat hence the Excel querying bit. Anybody done anything like this, esp for Netherlands CBS? Thanks Laphan ...

I cannot seem to save my reports with headers and footers. Please
My family company has recently started using Excell to create data reports. I am unable to save a complete file. The Headers and footers disapper. Is there anything I can do to keep them tied(saved) with the report? I would be very greatful to learn a way out of this problem. Thank you. Are you saving the workbook as an excel workbook (*.xls) or something else? brainturnsoffafter12hours wrote: > > My family company has recently started using Excell to create data reports. I > am unable to save a complete file. The Headers and footers disapper. Is there > anything I can do t...

Mailbox Report #2
I need to generate a report that will show me e-mail messages from and to a mailbox for a particular period of time. We are using Exchange 2003. Thanks On 22 Nov 2006 09:19:45 -0800, lajerowa@gmail.com wrote: >I need to generate a report that will show me e-mail messages from and >to a mailbox for a particular period of time. We are using Exchange >2003. >Thanks Enable Message tracking. ...

Help with Mail Merge using Word and Entourage 2008
Trying to write form letters in Word, using info from my Entourage address book. Only some fields show up in the "Mail Merge Helper" -- custom fields that I've put in my address contacts are not available. Am I missing something? Thanks Well, the odds are they are 'there' it's just that they may not appear in the list with your assigned name. They will have the original name of the custom field, such as "Custom_Property_2" or "Custom_Phone_Number_4". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 12/23/09 3:34 PM, in article ...

Publisher #24
I installed Publisher 2003 on my desk computer and my laptop. Desk computer crashed. Now I am trying to reinstall, but sign says I can't because I've already used all my installations. What can I do? Call in your activation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:127386D7-DD8C-4A18-A6EA-41C8862AD4FF@microsoft.com... >I installed Publisher 2003 on my desk computer and my laptop. Desk >computer > crashed. Now I am trying to reinstall, but sign says I can't because I've > ...

Publisher 2007-Last Place you were
Is there a way to open a file and be where you were when you saved and closed the file previously? (Example... in Excel when you close the file and reopen it, it is where you were when you closed it.) Does that make sense? -- Leah L. Hinds Project Manager, Training & Support No... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "leahl" <leah@sharpbancsystems.com> wrote in message news:615FDC5B-8A23-4B22-BC52-C44A06594E2F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to open a file and be where you were when you saved and closed > the file previously? (Example... in Excel when you ...

Pitcher it publishing 2001
I used Pitcher it publishing on my computer with xp but can't load it on vista. I tried to find another product that will let me work with graphics that will work with vista and can't find one that will let me cut out objects (create a cutout with edge finder) I can't afford $200 on up for a software! Is there something I can do so I can load my pitcher it publishing or get an upgrade that will do the same thing? "Picture It Publishing" is/was not "Publisher". Since you need a graphics program I would suggest Adobe Photoshop Elements. It's ~$100, s...

Report Writer #21
Hi, I have a question regarding report writer we want to create a report for a form created with dexterity this form has radio buttons and we want to do the same in the report, show which radio button is selected. The question is when we created the radio button field and want to insert it to a table so I can use the radio button in the report the insert button is greyed out. Do you have anything to help solve this or a better idea on how to make this report with radio buttons on it. thank you very much ------=_NextPart_0001_A423ACD0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding:...

Pivot Report/Chart Setting
When producing a Pivot report or chart in Excel XP, currency fields are defaulting to Count rather than Sum, which I got in Excel 97. Does anyone know how to change this default. Thanks I just tried it with a small test. I got Sum. Are you sure you don't have any text or empty cells in that column? I could get Count with either of those in my data. Paul Axelrod wrote: > > When producing a Pivot report or chart in Excel XP, currency fields > are defaulting to Count rather than Sum, which I got in Excel 97. > Does anyone know how to change this default. > Thanks -- D...

Quotes, CRM and Crystal Reports
Hello, I'm trying to create a Quote report that we use to print out and send to our customers, but I've been trying to get the individual notes attached to each quote to appear on the report also, but when I pull in what I think are unique notes from the annotation table, I'm also getting notes that were attached to products within the quote. Does anyone know how CRM references just the notes that are attached to each quote in just the notes section? Thanks Martin It may be possable to add notes through creating a custom report (requires an upgrade of Crystal -if you dont...

Cannot filter reports by customised fields
Hi all, I've added some additional fields in Opportunity entities however in reporting I get the following error. "Error in formula This field name is not known.. File 4703807d08dee12e.rpt." That happens when I tried to add filtering using the customised fields. Is this a bug? Thanks, Keng Yuen Keng, You need to refresh the report's data source. Use DataBase - Set DataSource Location and chose the same connection to replace it. Stephen "Keng Yuen Lok" <kengyuen@nospam.newgroup> wrote in message news:eYf4%23XsqEHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >...

Save Word 2003 doc based on input
I have a template which gets changesd every two weeks. I want to create a macro that will save the template based on the two dates. Is that possible? I would suggest that it is a document created from the template that you would be wanting to save with those two dates. If the document was to be saved with today's date plus the date two weeks in advance, the following autonew macro in the template would save any document created from the template in the default document folder with the file name of the form 2010-02-22 - 2010-03-08 ActiveDocument.SaveAs Format(Date, "...

Word 2007 cannot open large size document?
Hello. I have Office 2007 and Vista Business installed on my computer. Recently I am doing my report using Word 2007. The report (Word document, saved in *.DOCX) contains large amount of images and the document is about 12.6 MB. The report has about 188 pages, but I can only scroll from page 1 to page 104. I want to know how do I fix this problem? Perhaps increasing the cache of Office? Or something else I can do? Thanks a lot. The document may be corrupt - http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...

Blank Pages in Word
For double sided printing i would like to be able to add blank pages that DO NO include headers, footers or page numbers and do not disrupt the numbering. ie.; page1 - page2 - page3 - blank - page4 - page 5 - blank - page 6 . . . This is to accomodate new sections, chapters and such to start on a right facing page. You will need to insert section breaks and then turn off the Same as Previous setting to disconnect the headers/footers for those pages you want to be blank. You will also need to then copy the header/footer information to the next section where they are again wan...

Excel-Word Mail Merge
I'm working with an Excel file, a statewide address list. I've been asked to generate mailing labels, but of course not to everyone on the list. The "list maker" has hidden the rows of addresses he does not want the mailing to go to. When I do the merge, I get blank labels for what I'm assuming are the hidden rows. The addresses are not all in adjacent rows. Is this doable without a lot of dancing around? Is this a question I should be asking a Word group? I'm using Word and Excel 2000. Thanks. Maureen There are ways to deal with blanks in a mailmerge. Don'...

macro to eliminate spaces between words
i've a book full of references made wrong , for example the correct refernce is FFF and in my book i've F F F. It's possible with a macro eliminate this spaces? Help me please. My book has 10 pages all wrong:( Thanks Hi why not use 'Edit - Replace' for this? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "CSAM" <CSAM@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C3D850FF-664F-4B1D-BD87-D90CBB1CBDE1@microsoft.com... > i've a book full of references made wrong , for example the correct > refernce > is FFF and in my book i've F F F....

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL?
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! ...

Publisher 2007 trialV does not recognize user Word dictionaries
Publisher 2007 trialV does not recognize user Word dictionary. If I try to install the dictionary in publisher it says save dictionary as unicode. I do not have this as a save option in Word XP. Thanks, Dick. ...

Z type report from reports menu
does anyone have a report similiar to a Z report that I can print through the reports menu for all registers for the day. check out http://jeanholland.com/ they have some great reports including a custom z report "jane" wrote: > does anyone have a report similiar to a Z report that I can print through the > reports menu for all registers for the day. ...

Re: Using word templates as email
It isn't that you can't do it, you just can't do it without the appropriate software... And neither Mac Word nor Pages are appropriate software. I believe your best bet is to use Pages to construct your newsletter then use the Share> Send via Mail> PDF. That should give you the type of result you're looking for without having to become an HTML coder & without having to invest the time & money in projects - unlike the solicitations you referred to - which provide no return on your investment. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/9/10 11...

how do I scan a medical record into a word document?
how do I scan medical records into a Word document? You'll need OCR software that converts the scanned image into an editable format. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Concerned Mother" <Concerned Mother@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F2669F-C240-43C7-A79F-545E8E19DFB4@microsoft.com... > how do I scan medical records into a Word document? See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the...

WORD 2007 Student Edition
DELL Dimension 9200, VISTA ULTIMATE 32, 4G RAM. I have a word document now 900 KB called Medicine, where I copy and paste all sorts of medical information from the Internet. Ever since I installed the office 2007 student version, for unknown reasons it will shutdown. It will start to find the problem and later says it cannot solve the problem. Now to copy and paste in the document I have to save every step. 1. after pasting 2. after inserting Textmark 3. after linking with the Textmark. If I don't save and WORD shutsdown, only after rebooting the computer it works again. Req...

Publisher 2003: Unable to see formatted textbox border color.
In a blank publication in Publisher 2003: - add a text box - format text box -- Line: Color ---- can choose any color but the dropdown doesn't reflect the color chosen. The page doesn't show the Border in view, print preview or in printing. When I sent the .pub to a co-worker and they were able to see the border. I have re-installed office and this still occurs. Any suggestions and/or thoughts?? Lisa wrote: > -- Line: Color ---- can choose any color but the dropdown doesn't reflect > the color chosen. The page doesn't show the Border in view, print preview ...

CRM 3.0 and Reporting Services
I have installed CRM 3.0 SBE on SBS 2003 sp1 / SQL Server 2000 sp4. The installation of reporting services failed. I haven't looked at the error at the time of installation. What would I need to do to install Reporting Services. Thanks in advance ...