publisher's name

Hi

I manage to build a "portlog" in access and whenever it is opened there is a
security warning.  Is there a way to get rid of the warning-- or add my name
as the publisher?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Which version are you using? You can change the security to Low, although
that's not recommended by Microsoft. If it's Access 2007, you can put your
application in a Trusted Location.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I manage to build a "portlog" in access and whenever it is opened there is
> security warning.  Is there a way to get rid of the warning-- or add my
> name
> as the publisher?
> --
> Thank-you!
> Ruth

0
Arvin

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

How can I get Publisher 97 to recognise a Publisher 2002 file?
I have Publisher 97 at home but have a Publisher 02 file that I'd like to read. Is there any way of doing this without getting the upgrade (which I assume would let me)? Guy wrote: > I have Publisher 97 at home but have a Publisher 02 file that I'd like to > read. Is there any way of doing this without getting the upgrade (which I > assume would let me)? Upgrade is the only way. Publisher 2002 can only *SAVE AS* Publisher 98 and newer. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" ...

Using documents created in Publisher 07 in Publisher 03
Hello, Can I access, edit and use documents created with Publisher 07 in Publisher 03 Yes -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kcduro1" <kcduro1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8BCB4DD-4F16-4127-98F2-2BCC8DFED680@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Can I access, edit and use documents created with Publisher 07 in Publisher 03 ...

Publisher 2003 Printer problem
I installed 2003 and by default it chooses roll feed on my Epson 1290 instead of sheet feed. it prints out OK but its annoying me I cannot change it and make it stay on sheet feed. I never had the problem on 2002. Anyone have any idea why its doing this. Thanks in advance, Tim. Have you tried a different printer driver? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "TRY UK" <tryuk@aol.com> wrote in message news:20050104154259.10314.00001930@mb-m25.aol.com... >I installed 2003 and by default it chooses roll feed on my Epson 1290 >instead > of sheet feed. it prints...

Inserting calendars into Publisher
I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use with Publisher to achieve this objective? The "Design Gallery&quo...

Removing file names that are stored in open file box?
When you use open/file and then type in the file name it is stored in a drop-down list. How do you clear this list? hi, Gary ! > When you use open/file and then type in the file name it is stored in a drop-down list. > How do you clear this list? you need to look within the windows registry editor... HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Common\Open Fnd\Microsoft <Office> Excel\Settings\Open\File Name MRU regards, hector. ...

Publisher 2002 font problem, more
I forgot to mention my OS is Windows 98. Bonnie ...

Producing a book with MS Publisher
I want to use Publisher to do page layout for a 200 page book in a 6" X 9" size and have it all in one file to send to a printer. Is this possible with Publisher 2010 if I use the 64 bit version under Windows 7? I have found only one person so far that says that it may be possible. I don't think Publisher will create an index if it is planned. Word may be a better tool and you can always convert the finished book to a pdf file. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Robert Wise" <mwmowl@gmail.com> wrote in message news:207e17d1-c8e4-4c89-ac95-3423355d89...

Creating dynamic ranges which are named.
In Office 2007, I want to create a named range on one tab and use it as the list in data validation in another tab. Imagine the following: 1) one work book with 2 tabs. 2) Tab1 and Tab2 are the respectively named tabs. 3) In Tab2 I have the data range and in Tab1 I want to create a drop down box which will display the values in the data range. 4) In Tab2 the data range is in, say B2:B20. At any stage, I could add more data below B20 and I want that those values are also thereafter provided as options in the dropdown box. 5) Finally let us say I want this dropdown box in Tab1...

How to export names remembered in email "sent to" Contacts
When I type a name into the "sent to" in a "new" e-mail the field will suggest names previously used that are not always in My Contacts. How do I readily identify these and add to Contacts? You can't unless you're using the Outlook 2010 beta. Before then, you'd need to use third party software, such as: http://www.ingressor.com/helpdesk_exchange.htm http://www.nk2.info/ -- Russ Valentine "Ted Southam" <TedSoutham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F351017-3705-41D3-AFB2-C8BDA4429386@microsoft.com... > When...

Can I export addresses from Excel to Publisher? How?
I have MS Office 2003 Small Business. I want to create an address book of names, addresses, and phone numbers so that I can send postcards, advertisements, and other correspondence from my business to my customers. If I create the names in excel, can I export to Publisher or should I simply create my address book in Publisher? You can do a mail merge into Publisher from Excel. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Chadwick" <Chadwick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD46BE1E-C689-4C05-AB50-867228B3009B@microsoft.com... >I have MS Office 200...

naming colours
A learner is "colour-blind" having difficulty identifying colours. In MSWord, the font colours are named, how can I cause colours to be named in MSPublisher 2002? AGJT AGJT wrote: > A learner is "colour-blind" having difficulty identifying > colours. > > In MSWord, the font colours are named, how can I cause > colours to be named in MSPublisher 2002? > > AGJT Not quite sure what you mean - if you hold your mouse over a colour for a second or two a tooltip will appear with the colour name, just like Word. If that's not what you meant, post back...

Is it possible to automaticly name a new sheet 22/10/2003
Once every day a new worksheet will be added to my workbook and I wonder if it is possible to automate the process of naming the sheets. I would like the new sheets to be given the name of the day they were created e.g 22/10/2003. Is it at all possible. Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Marvin Hlavac Toronto, Canada Try naming the sheet with 22/10/2003. It will list the illegal characters that you can't use. That said, this will add a sheet and name it. Sub AddSheet() Dim wSht as WorkSheet Set wSht = WorkSheets.Add wSht.Name = Format(Date, "ddmmyyyy") End Sub ...

Publisher to illustrator or quarkxpress
How do I convert publisher into either illustrator or quarkxpress? Thanks. Copy and paste. Sorry -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "dmccullagh" <dmccullagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5A6E6D0-1A9D-4569-9935-9088CE8FBB27@microsoft.com... > How do I convert publisher into either illustrator or quarkxpress? > Thanks. It's not working, is there anything special we need to try? And we really want to work with quarkxpress not illustrator. Thanks. "JoAnn Paules" wrote: > Copy and paste. Sorry > > -- > JoAnn ...

Trouble with dynamic named range
In an Excel 2010 workbook I created a dynamic named range from the Formula tab using the Define Name utility. The formula I entered is: =OFFSET(Price Groups!$AP$2,0,0,COUNTA(Price Groups!$AP:$AP)-1,1) I want the range to include all non-empty cells in the AP column starting with the second row. When I check the named range using the Name Manager it shows the formula: =OFFSET(Price Groups!$AP$2,0,0,COUNTA(Price Groups!$AP$1:$AP$65536)-1,1) I'm not sure why Excel converts my formula, but I've tried several time to change it back to my formula and each time I get the...

Labels merge from Word to Publisher
Hello, I would like to know if I can merge labels typed in word to Publisher. Is there a way to have the mailing list copied into the Publisher Address List. You can merge from a Word list. In Publisher 2003, Tools, Mail and catalog merge, "open data source", files of type, Microsoft Office Address Lists. In 2000 click Mail Merge on the toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Yogi" <Yogi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355D5724-32E2-4EA9-9460-961A1D2E3A3B@microsoft.com......

Changin a file name
Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically change it's filename to TestFile2.exe (and delete the original). Is this possible using MFC? Or do i have to use dos commands? Take a look at : CFile::Rename SHFileOperation rename When you rename a file the original no longer exists, so there is nothing to delete. But if you really want to delete a file try DeleteFile. AliR. "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179372799.289579.230910@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically chan...

Graphics Insert into Publisher Doc.
When ever I insert a graphic into my publisher docs. they appear as a series of dashes around the perimeter of the graphic & across the diagonals of the graphic not the actual graphic I am trying to work with. Can anyone advise of a fix as this is driving me insane. Regards, Longa Do you have detailed display enabled? View, pictures, detailed display... Otherwise you may need to update your graphics/video driver. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If your images appear, then go to the manufacturer...

Slow printing a mail merge from publisher 2007
I am trying to print a duplex leaflet from publisher and add customer addresses by mail merge. Everything is working ok but takes a very long time to process and print. I have tried breaking down the mail database into smaller chunks to cut down time and also made the publication smaller by making pictures links rather than embeded images. Any other ideas? Thanks Is your printer driver current? Are you using Windows XP? You could create two separate publications, print the merge and manually turn the flyer over, it may make the print go faster. How to troubleshoot problems that you...

Publisher ad's
can users view a publisher ad if they don't have publisher? Hi gregger (gregger@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || can users view a publisher ad if they don't have publisher? Only if you supply them with the ad in a format other than Publisher. You could upload it on the web with Publisher and give them the link. You could also send your ad in an email using html. Publisher 2002/2003 will allow you to go to File > Send Email > Send this page as a message. Doing this converts your ad into an html/email format which can be viewed by anyone using an...

Email asking for "User Name and Password"
My mom's email won't download/send msg's - instead wants us to enter the user name and password. I've done this, double checking I had the correct info, which I did, and it won't take it. I've also been thru the email settings, and the username and password I set it up with is still checked to be 'remembered'. All info is correct. Email was fine one day, the next this happens for apparently no reason. I've had this happen on my laptop at times, but it always goes away without any problems. Her's will not go away. Any idea on what&#...

Can I change a Publisher calendar to a Monday to Sunday format?
I need to have more content on the weekend days than during the week so I was hoping to be able to change it to a Monday to Sunday format vs. having the Sunday to Saturday format. I am using Microsoft Publisher 2003. If anyone knows how that would be awesome! Thank You! See if setting your regional settings to UK in the control panel will change the calendar to Monday. I have a plain vanilla Monday calendar here http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Margimos" <...

Unable to open file from publisher 2003 after an error
While working with publisher, suddenly there is an error popping out saying 'an error occured,restart the program'. After restarting, I am unable to open the file('publisher unable to open the file'). How to open the file again? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "waichunko" <waichunko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EA5D07F-2803-447C-9423-5E5D8C35E54D@microsoft.com... > While working with publisher, su...

Excel 2007
I am receiving a message in newly installed Excel 2007 when opening a spreadsheet in Excel 97 format that I never received when using Excel 2003. The error message is: "One or more invalid names were detected in this workbook. Those invalid names have been changed to #REF" However, I can't find any cells or worksheet names that show #REF. There are no external links in this document. How can I find where the error is coming from? thank you, Bob M.. I'd use a couple of utilities to help find the problem: Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and M...

installation of publisher
I tried to install publisher and I get an error message about 65% thru installation; ERROR 25003; INSTALL SOURCE CORRUPTED. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Dan Russo After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dan russo <drusso33@optonline.net>... > I tried to install publisher and I get an error message > about 65% thru installation; ERROR 25003; INSTALL SOURCE > CORRUPTED. Try copying the contents of your CD to your desktop and installing from there. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before ...