publisher's name

Hi

I manage to build a "portlog" in access and whenever it is opened there is a
security warning.  Is there a way to get rid of the warning-- or add my name
as the publisher?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Which version are you using? You can change the security to Low, although
that's not recommended by Microsoft. If it's Access 2007, you can put your
application in a Trusted Location.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I manage to build a "portlog" in access and whenever it is opened there is
> security warning.  Is there a way to get rid of the warning-- or add my
> name
> as the publisher?
> --
> Thank-you!
> Ruth

0
Arvin

Deleting Range name's listed in the range address box.
In Excel, in the top corner of the application there is a box which list the name of a select range (e.g F19 etc..). when I use the querytables method to import a CSV onto a worksheet. This range address box, has the name of the data I have imported. when I use clear, or qyertytables delete to remove the imported data - I am unable to remove the name of the data appearing in the drop-down list for the range box. Is there anyway to delete this ? or is it not a problem ? I am concerned because I this rangelist seems to fill up pretty quickly with imported data ranges.. Choose Insert&...

Can Sheet name be part of formula for a cell (+ sheet name)
Worsheet name will change from template. Would like worksheet name to auto print in cell on separate worksheet. Can this be done? Hi, You can have the name being printed in the worksheet you are in for example in cell A1, enter =MID(CELL("filename",C1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",C1))+1,255) then go to the worksheet where you want the name to be populated and enter =yoursheet name!A1 "Leslie" wrote: > Worsheet name will change from template. Would like worksheet name to auto > print in cell on separate worksheet. Can this...

Publisher #51
I was wondering when working with a large publication that is alreay saved, how would you separate or divide pages, so that you can email sections of the publication, at a time, without re-inventing the publication. My publication is 28,xxx, and I cannot email to another office to edit, etc. Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- mollybigd I know how I would handle it but if you don't have Acrobat (not just the free Reader), my method won't help you. Or you could do something similar if you have any .pdf creating software. -- JoAnn Paules MVP ...

Where do I find the Publisher 2003 template I downloaded from Ms?
I downloaded a coupleof templates from the Microsoft Office site, but where can I find them?! When you download from the template site, you have to save the templates. Look in your temporary folder, they maybe there. If you cannot find the templates at all, empty your temporary cache and try the download again. In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "1techgirl" <1techgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1DE5675-A71C-46DF-8293-061F...

how to set default e-mail to publisher not outlook
When you go to a webiste and find an e-mail address and click on it and your outlook e-mail send page opens up and the e-mail address is automatically there...I want the e-mail address to pop up (default) in Publisher instead so that I do not hvae to copy and paste. Does anyone know how to change the default so that it opens in Publisher? Please send your answer to info@beachvillamiami.com as well if you do not mind. Thanks You can also call me at 786.419.1899 Much appreciated! Never, never, never post your email address unmunged. And NEVER, NEVER, NEVER post your phone number! An...

Chart title = Worksheet Name?
I have a workbook where every sheet represents a different day. The title of the sheet is the date e.g. 9-14-06. On each sheet is a chart whose title is same date as on the tab, but formatted slightly differently: Thursday <cr> September 14, 2006. Is there a way to easily link the two so when I update the tab date, the chart date changes also? Thanks, Bill Halper I do hope someone can find a shorter way but here is mine. Firstly, the name on the tab will not be recognized as text by Excel, so wee need to get the sheet name into a cell and then extract year, month day A1 (sheet na...

2002 Publisher questions
If I load MS Publisher 2002 on my XP system, will another computer with win98 be able to read the files and vice versa? Does Publisher let you create custome document sizes? i.e. 8.5" x 14" Thanks, Randy randy.hogue@osmetech.com See our previous response to your original posting. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >If I load MS Publisher 2002 on my XP system, will another >computer with win98 be able to read the files and vice >versa? >Does Publisher let you create custome document sizes? >i.e. 8.5...

Publisher 2000 vs Office XP
I have Office 2000 Premium installed on my computer. I purchased Office XP Professional. It does not have Publisher or Front Page. I am trying to run the 2000 Pub and FP along with the new XP programs. Front page seems ok but I get a message that Publisher cannot find spell checker and hyphen.. dictionary. Reinstall. I have tried everything but still get the same message. Have you installed all the patches for Publisher 2000? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" If you mean by patches: MS office updates, yes. I have loaded all a...

Why do I have partial loss of document in Publisher at right marg.
I seem to always lose a small portion of my print out on the right margin. I've tried resetting margins and everything else. Any help with this? Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Publisher Margins" <Publisher Margins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0566915D-B3F7-425B-A1FF-1B983E1E4FE3@microsoft.com... >I seem to always lose a small portion of my print out on the right margin. > I've tried ...

(Publisher 2003) How do I get the two pages to print on to one pag
I need 2 pages to print on one page. I did see on a document that someone else made on my computer that the page indicators (at the bottom left; to switch between the two pages) that the folded part of the 2nd page was turned a different way, and I know that's exactly what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to. Help please? Thanks! Vampressjaden In Publisher 2000 (may be the same for other versions) File Page Setup Special fold Horizontal It will ask you if you want 4 pages - yes -- Don Vancouver, USA "Vampressjaden" <Vampressjaden@discussions.micros...

New Years Publisher Resolutions
With New Years resolutions all around us, what do you want to learn how to do in Publisher in 2004? I want to learn about Master sets but I fear the only resolution I'll manage to keep all year is 1024 X 768. (You may groan.) JoAnn ba dum bum tss -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JL Amerson" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vv1grht5clto48@corp.supernews.com... > With New Years resolutions all ar...

Way to Link Tab Names
I checked this out a few years ago, but thought I might post for an updated answer. I have a few workbooks linked together and would like to know if there is a way to create an absolute reference between linked tabs regardless of the name of the tab. As new projects are started, tabs get renamed, so we have to have all the workbooks open at once to keep the links active. Maybe there is a way to name the tab to a linked cell, so as a workbook is opened, it looks at the linked cell name for the tab name first to keep the links active? It would also have to work around tabs getting re...

Question marks appearing where folder names should be
I have a user who has his inbox and subfolders showing question marks instead of letters. He went to china and access OWA. Since he's come back, the settings have remained in chinese. How do I restore him back to english and get rid of the question marks? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Person names smart tag integration with Messenger
I'm trying to understand how the person names smart tag stuff works in Outlook 2003 with Exchange users. The only way I can seem to get the tags to work correctly is if the primary smtp address on a user is the same as their Windows Messenger (passport) address, which is a problem for us. Secondary smtp addresses don't work. There's also the msExchIMAddress attribute I haven't toyed with, but I assume that's a holdover from the defunct Exchange IM service. Is anyone else using messenger integration without matching primary smtp addresses? Cheers. ...

Urgent
Hi, I urgently need to Change the user name order in the CRM for existing users. Eg (First, Last) (First, Last) (Last, First) (First, Last) (Last, Fisrt) How do i change all the names currently in the system to be arranged from (Last, First) without disabling the users and creating new users. Urgently awaiting a response. Jefferson Run the following statement in SQL Query Analyser on your _MSCRM database UPDATE SystemUserBase SET FullName = FirstName + ',' + LastName It is unsupported but I have run similar statements many times successfully. Back up first would be wise &...

inserting a print icon in publisher
Hi I'm working with Publisher 2003 setting up an email newsletter. I've been asked to insert a clickable icon in the document that sends the email to print. Any help much appreciated! If the recipient doesn't allow HTML mail, it won't do you any good. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Barbra" <Barbra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:530DCC4B-37DE-4CF5-8DBA-5224F61B715D@microsoft.com... > Hi > I'm working with Publisher 2003 setting up an email newslette...

"Suggested names" problem OL2002
Got a question about Outlook 2002's feature that automatically suggests names when typing in the "To" and "CC" fields... Does anyone know where the list of names is stored? Sometimes I'll type an erroneous email address or something like that, and it'll keep coming up forever. I'd like to find a way to remove a single entry from the "suggested" list, without turning off the feature entirely. I've searched the registry with no luck. Anyone know where this info is kept? Thanks! Eric Law Use the arrow keys to highlight wrong address, hit...

Is there a good manual for Publisher 2007?
I have just purchased Publisher 2007 and am interested in learning about it, but there doesn't seem to be a good manual avaialble. Does anyone have nay suggestions? Publisher 2007 Help and How-to http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "spudacres" <spudacres@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D13C9D1F-1474-452C-9EA6-1FC1EE6B0183@microsoft.com... >I have just purchased Publisher 2007 and am interested in learning about it,...

Publisher Print Merge is not working
My "print merge" works fine on my labels, but when I go to print invoices I get only the "print" option. Consequently, Publisher is printing only the first page of my merged document. I am using the same database in Microsoft Access for both my labels and my invoices. How do I fix my problem? James McDonough Are you using Publisher 2000, maybe the menu is not expanding. Click the chevron. Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "James McD." <JamesMcD@discussion...

publisher e-mails
I have not been able to get publisher e-mail formats delivered to to e-addresses either by message or attachments. Copy is impossible. Then what does the e-mail template serve for? -- abee Can you define or further explain "not been able to get publisher e-mail formats delivered to to e-addresses either by message or attachments"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "abela" <abela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3FA11CE-3538-4842-B372-0039354D46B1@microsoft.com... >...

Dialogue Box
I save a copy of an updated excel file each day to the same directory. I want to create a macro that prompts for the daily file name and saves it to a predetermined file location. THanks. -- Tim C "Tim C" wrote: > I save a copy of an updated excel file each day to the same directory. I > want to create a macro that prompts for the daily file name and saves it to a > predetermined file location. THanks. > -- > Tim C Use a modified version of this (no error checking added):- Sub SaveMe() myFileName = InputBox("Enter filename") & &q...

Microsoft Publisher-MailMerge-Images
When I merge my addresses into Pubisher (I do a newsletter for my church) - when i print ... the images on the document are horrible-distorted. It's only when I do the mailmerge....I am printing on the best cannon HUGE printer you can use... When i chose to not do mailmerge it prints fine.... PLEASE help ... :( amy.wolfmeyer@gmail.com All images or just some? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Amy Wolfmeyer" <Amy Wolfmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Publisher 2000 upgrade cost & compatibility?
I am finding some limitations that are becoming a small problem with my Pub. 2000. I cannot exchange, view or edit files or use any type of publisher files from a newer version. I was thinking that I needed to upgrade, but after reading some Q&A from this site I'm not so sure. Is my 2000 going to be compatible with any new Publisher? Will my data and files transfer into new version and work? What is the best and most cost effective way to solve this? 1. If you purchase Publisher 2003, this will allow you to open Publisher 2000 files. 2. Publisher 2000 files that are opened in P...

Variable in Object Name
Good morning all, I have some code that uses a variable in a object name. Actually, it doesn't use it yet, but I'd like it to. I have the following code that I've tried in several different variations, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Code: If Worksheets("patient data").Range("C20") <> "" Then pd = 14 ElseIf Worksheets("patient data").Range("C19") <> "" Then pd = 13 End if tx_box = "Textbox" & pd For ot = 1 To pd With tx_box .Enabled = True .Visible = True End With ...

How to imbed publisher 2000 file in body of email?
No problem with attaching the file, but want to imbed it?? Do I have to turn it into a jpeg?? The general wisdom in this discussion group seems to be that attaching a PDF is the best way to go. Many people have HTML turned off for their email, so files in the body of the message will not show. You can download a number of freeware PDF creators, which install as printer drivers. A PDF will probably give you better quality than a JPG. "mispris" wrote: > No problem with attaching the file, but want to imbed it?? Do I have to turn > it into a jpeg?? I also am a Publisher ...