Prompt to save when using a tab control

Hi there

In my database, I have a form which consists of 5 tabs.

When a user moves from tab to tab, is it possible to set a prompt that
prompts the user to save their work?

I have users who think that this is a necessary feature of my database.

Thank you in advance for your help.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:29:01 -0700, forest8
<forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi there
>
>In my database, I have a form which consists of 5 tabs.
>
>When a user moves from tab to tab, is it possible to set a prompt that
>prompts the user to save their work?
>
>I have users who think that this is a necessary feature of my database.
>
>Thank you in advance for your help.

ummm...

This is somewhat confusing.

Data is not stored in forms or in tabs. The data will automatically be saved
to the table (completely independently of any tabs) when you move to a
different record or close the form; if there are subforms on the tab pages,
data will be saved the instant you leave the subform, or enter a new one.
Moving from one tab page to another will not otherwise cause data to be lost
(or saved either). You certainly don't NEED to interrupt the user, or make
them respond to a prompt, in order to save data. This may just be a user
training issue!

But that said, you can certainly put code in the Change event of the Tab
control, such as

Private Sub tabcontrolname_Change()
Dim iAns as Integer
iAns = MsgBox("Do you want to save your work?", vbYesNo)
If iAns = vbYes Then
   If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False ' save the record to disk
Else
  <do something appropriate for not saving the data>
End If
End Sub

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Using Publisher for long reports
Hi. I write long reports (50 pages) in which layout and style are very important. I'm thinking of switching from Word to Publisher since Word's management of pictures and layout drives me wild. Can anyone advise me if Publisher might be the right choice? Does anyone have some long document templates they could show me? -- Giles It sounds like Publisher would be perfect for you since you indication that the layout is important. I can't help with a sample tho because (1) the longest I've done is about 24 pages and (2) my newsletters contain personal contact information and...

How can I use my calendar and other features wo using Outlook emai
I have Windows7 OS. I upgraded to MSO 2007. I cannot access the calendar, etc. without setting up an email profile which my ISP will not allow using the email address. How can I use my calendar and other features without using Outlook email? I could use the calendar on previous versions without setting up an email account. Why can't you use Outlook w/o a mail profile? What happens when you try? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft....

Can I delete OE and just use Microsoft Outlook 2002
I would like to delete Outlook Express is this advisable? I am going to be using Microsoft Outlook 2002 which I recieved w/Toshiba PDA and already have it set up on the same PC as OE. Can I use Microsoft Outlook for multiple e- mail accounts? Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257824 With Outlook, you can integrate and manage e-mail from multiple e-mail accounts, personal and group calendars, contacts, and tasks. "Delia Marlowe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:780901c4025...

Save as in Access 2002
I have a user who is running Office XP Pro on Windows XP Pro and when she tries to export an Access table to Excel she does not have Excel as an option in the drop down list. Any ideas on how to fix this? Look for the file Msexcl40.dll on the harddrive (it should be in the System folder), and use regsvr32.exe to reregister it. This problem is discussed in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209805 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "Jonathan Hearn" <jhearn@envirocon.com> wrote in message news:002301c3c0de$09859d10$a50...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

saving ppt as html
Using MS PowerPoint 2003 SP1, and MS Excel SP1: Problem In trying to save a ppt slide as html the resulting html page does not retain the same functionality as the ppt slide. Specifics On my PowerPoint slide I have a Movie (wmv). This movie has a custom animation associated with the on click event on the movie object - when the movie object is clicked it is paused, then when clicked again it starts playing (toggles). The custom animation also has a trigger associated with it... it is set to "start the effect on click of" the attached wmv. Good news - this works great through ...

Using a drop down box to select all results
I have a summary page which pulls data together from several sheets an displays summary statistics etc. I want to be able to use a drop down list to select particular product and only show data relating to those products - so far so good. But ..... having put in my drop down and referenced it in my formulae now cannot show the summary data for ALL products. Is there a wildcard that can be used in drop downs to select all -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add (All) to your list of products, and check for that selection in the formula. For example: =IF(A2=...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

using interop to create document word 2007
I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as a pdf and that is fine. The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it will never be where the original document was opened. ...

The controls Visual Studio doesn't want you to see
Stick a ListView inside another ListView's ItemTemplate, or stick a Panel inside the LoggedInTemplate of a LoginView, and good luck finding it and being able to manipulate it in Design view! This is causing me all kinds of difficulty. I have an ASP.Net page that uses a ListView, using the Grid layout, to display the bids that have been made an item being sold at an auction. Each row shows the name of the bidder and the amount of the bid. There's an Insert row at the bottom, which has a TextBox for a bidder to write in the amount he wants to bid before he hits the Submi...

Not saving document as docx
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Sometimes when I try to save a document as as docx it saves it to a docx folder and the document is lost. <br><br>How can I prevent this from happening? What is a "docx" folder? You can instruct the computer (via the save dialog box) which folder to put the file in. You can also instruct the computer (via the save dialog box) to define what outut format you want (docx or other). --rms www.rmschneider.com On 26/01/10 06:06, hillfire@officeformac.com wrote: > Versio...

using excel from dotnet
situation: I'm working on a new app in vbexpress 2008 using acad com interop Also need to write extracted data to excel. problem: At home(laptop) i have excel 10. At the office excel 12. (both seem to have excel5 listed in refs.) I need to work at both locations. can i reference both 10 and 12 in the same vbproj (i think not) can i just reference 5 and is that just an older version with common (but not the latest) interface? i guess i can just have 2 vbproj files (one on laptop one at work) and just copy the .vb class files that are being edited back and forth, not cop...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

how to use outlook w/o exchange server?
Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA I have. The exchange server appears to be a fee based service - I don't know. I just want to use Outlook to schedule my appts, keep contacts and use email. SMScott <SMScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg > 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share > address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA ...

how to change the Font size and color of a static text control in dialog
New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as labels. I need to apply different font size and colors to them. How should I achieve that? Tony See the examples given at the following web sites. http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/ http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/index.shtml -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Tony Hu" <bytj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OL99Bi9SDHA.2280@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as > labels. ...

can not save or view attachments
I can seem to be able to save or view attachments the reason is that it greyed out what do i do to ungrey it?? Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

Saving Attachments Default Setting
Whenever I save attachments to emails in Outlook Express it always defaults to My Documents File. This is very tiresome as this is not the file I want to use. Everytime I save attachements I have to browse for the correct file. I am sure it used to remember the file you last used and default to that but since I installed an update a couple of months ago it just goes back to My Documents. Help! ...

how do i ignore a number when using MODE function?
Hi I have a list of numbers that I want to find the MODE in: 0 0 1 2 0 0 3 3 2 2 2 0 0 But I want to be able to ignore the Zeros How do i go about doing this so the mode function gives me the #2 only Thank you -- Dev4me ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dev4me's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29709 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498091 =MODE(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20)) which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Using VBA to find a value and select a range
I am trying to write a macro that will let me find a specific vale in a specific column, then select part of the row that the value is in, beginnign with a column 31 cells away from the column that the specific value is in. Someone suggested to me that I use an IF statement, but this is all I know about that: IF [value in column B] is “Grand Total” Then select from column AF to the end of the array in that row and copy it and paste a transpose of the values starting in cell I9 of worksheet X. What is the best way for me to accomplish this goal? Does this macro do what you...

"Shrinkage" Problem when saving as PDF
I have a newsletter created in Publisher, which I send to the printer as a PDF. When I create the PDF, everything on the pages gets slightly scaled down, creating a larger margin and my nice crisp text becomes a tad fuzzy. I'm using Publisher 2007 and have tried 1) Publish as PDF or XPS, 2) Print, and select the printer as Adobe PDF, and 3) Save As *.pdf, all with the same results. I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, if it matters. Can you advise me on settings that I need to adjust when I create the PDF? Or something else? When you go to print, select Preferences and set the margins to 0 (z...

Using TEXT and &TEXT
I'm familiar with the TEXT function, but sometimes a number will display incorrectly when I format numbers to display with a comma if 4 digits or more. For example, TEXT(F1,"0,0") will display 10 thru 999 correctly and displays 1000 correctly as 1,000, but displays 1 thru 9 as 01, 02, etc. Also wondering how to format part of a TEXT formula to underline, and bold or color selected words. Maybe you want: =text(f1,"#,###") or =text(f1,"#,##0") If this doesn't help, maybe you could post the values and what you want to see for a few exa...

tab scroll
I have a form with controls on it. It is larger than the client area so it needs to be scrolled down to get to the last controls. I can do this with the bar on the right but I would also like it to scroll automatically when tabbing down through the controls. How can I make this happen? -- Just Al You can use SetScrollInfo(). http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787595.aspx Or, you could use SetScrollPos(), but I think SetScrollInfo( ) is the preferred call these days. Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05375EEB-6FC7-4AC6-9C15-E0C1607...

Inserting a hyperlink when using Smart Art
Is it possible to insert a hyperlink when using smart art?? ...