problems with OLE objects display

I have a table which includes OLE object and I display the records in
one form. I set the Allow Edits, Allow Additions, Allow Deletions,
Locks of the form properties to 'No'.

When I double click the OLE object in the form, the attach OLE object
will open. But after I close the OLE object and click on somewhere
else on the form, a message box promted.

It states that "microsoft access can't save your changes to this bound
OLE object.
Either you don't have permission to write to the record in which the
object is stored, or the record is locked by another user.
copy the object to the clipboard, and click Undo Current Record on the
Edit menu. Then Open the application you used to create the object,
paste the object from the Clipboard, and save it."

I have to press Esc key or click on the Undo Current Record on the
Edit menu in order to proceed. How can I solve this problem without
having a prompt box everytime I open the OLE object?

0
xiaodan86
4/16/2007 8:48:05 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

.rc files problem
Hello, I face some problem with .rc files in my project. Whenever I attempt to change the .rc files through IDE then the file gets totally altered despite the change being very small. It inserts some version information along with some other stuff like word 'DISCARDABLE' ( at n number of places) in the file. I change it in Microsoft Developement Environment 2003, version 7.1.3088. When I try to build the project with this changed resource, I get the error below, "fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource . type: VERSION, name:1 , language: 0x0409 " "fatal error LNK1123: ...

Problems with MSG files
My organisation is currently running a mixed environment of Office 2000 and Office 2003. I have a user with Office 2000 who is trying to open msg files saved to a network share (i.e. in file system, not in Outlook) by a user with Office 2003. When she double clicks to open these files she gets the message 'Unable to Read Item'. We can get around this by right clicking on the msg file in the file system, choosing Send To Mail Recipient and then double clicking the msg attachment place in the new mail message. Can anyone let me know the cause of the problem and whether there is a solu...

Security problem
I have a problem can't seem to figure out. I am an admin, and I'm having some security issues with the our exchange 2003 server only. I have no problems with our Primary Domain Controller (w2k3 std) or our gateway server running ISA 2004 (w2k3 Std). From my XP workstation, if i try to remotely manage the Exchange server (via right click 'my computer'->manage->Action->connect to another computer) the mmc console comes up but if I try to review the event logs, or access the services list, or anything for that matter... I get an access denied error. If I remote desktop...

Linking Excel Objects to Word in Office 2007
I'm hoping there is a solution for this issue I'm having. We recently switched our office to office 2007 and a new problem seems to be appearing that wasn't there before. In our office we have an Excel document that is set up with a bunch of calculations, and we have a word document that is also set up to go with the calculations. In the word document we have copied and pasted all the excel calculations into word as linked excel objects. We have both the documents saved in the same folder which acts our template which we can re-use over and over. So when we start ...

Date Format Problem
Hello All, I am using Windows XP/Office 2003 and have the following problems: I am making an attendance sheet where in Cell C4 is having value (01/09/2005) showing Sep-2005 (formatted as mm-yyyy) >From A5 downwards I wish to have the following A5 : 9-1 Thursday A6 : 9-2 Friday A7 : 9-3 Saturday I have entered the following formula in A5 =MONTH(C4)&-DAY(C4)&TEXT(C4,"DDDD") which gives me the desired result as 9-1 Thursday. My problem is when I drag it down it shows me values which I don't want...How can I drag and just have Day and the Weekday incremented as foll...

Printing problem in excel
Hello, I have a excel file which is formatted in such a way that 1:1 print matches the physical labels.( We have adjusted the height & width of cells.) Now my problem is when we print this excel from two different machines, prints are different, even though it is printed on same printer. My doubt is that it is related to aspect ratio/ screen resolution. When we print it from a machine with 17" square ( regular ) monitor prints are okay, but when we print is from machines with wide monitors prints are off. Can this happen? or am I missing something. Thanks in Advan...

Problems with 11.4.0 updates
I have tried several times to update Office 2004 with the 11.4.0 updates. Each time, I get as far as a screen that tells me that the program is "searching for programs to update." The rainbow disk spins forever, and I finally when I go to force quit the update, I am told it is not responsive. For what it is worth, I have upgraded to Leopard and use Firefox. I would appreciate any thoughts! Don On 2/20/08 11:45 AM, in article ee8e2c0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "deleomeyer@officeformac.com" <deleomeyer@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have tried several times to upd...

remote user cannot connect to OWA
He gets past the first username/password screen to the yellow login screen. However once he gets the second login/password box his password does not get accepted. I checked the event log on the exchange server and there is a 529 Unknown username or bad password but he insists that he typed it in correctly. What else could be causing this problem? I have an exchange 5.5 server running on windows 2000 server. ...

Hosted MS CRM SignIn ISA Problem
Hi, when I internal login to "https://company1.crm123.com" then I can normally logon to signin.aspx and will be forwarded to loader.aspx But I cant logon external via our ISA Server to that website. The signin.aspx is loaded but after the authentication is checked the signin.aspx will displayed again. The forwarding to the loader.aspx page does not take place. We have already tried all possible settings on the isa servers. Has anybody an idea to solve the problem? Many thanks Best regards Kachte hi, did anybody find any solution for this in the meantime? thanks in advance, fritz...

system manager and exadmin.dll problem
For a while now I can not open exchange system manager. Every time I do I get an error message and info is sent to Microsoft. AppName: exadmin.dll AppVer: 6.5.7226.0 AppStamp:406d1e32 ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.2.3790.1830 ModStamp:424377d2 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00015dea Strange thing is if I reinstall the exchange service pack it will work for a while then go back to not working. There are some days I really hate Microsoft for their buggy pile of un user friendly crap.... Can you tell us if you are running this buggy pile of un-user friendly crap System Man...

Problem creating export spec
Hello All I need to create an export specification for use in a TranserText macro action. I initially did this by opening a query in datasheet view, then doing File>Export, then clicking the Save All button: this then bring up the Export Text wizard screen, where I can click the Advanced button to show the Export Specification edit/save screen. This seemed to work fine, until I came to use the saved Export Specification in the macro, when I got a message that "the data being exported does not match the format described in the scheme.ini file". Guessing that this may be b...

Problem: Cant make payment to one particular payee.
Microsoft money 2004 crashes whic I try to make a register entry to a particular payee.....When I delete it (via the checkbook balance screen) it causes a message "that operation cannot be performed" message. Everything still "works" after the crash....I just don't dare click on the particular payee field..... Also archiving does not remove old entries?? [separate problem???] Repair of file function was no help, nor was uninstalling and reinstalling . If you create a new payee, are you able to manually move any of the existing transactions to the new p...

Common problem-can't find a solution
I have that common problem with Windows Mail in Vista Premium which began out of the blue recently -- I try to open email, nothing happens, then I get this error: "Windows Mail cannot be started...mail message store cannot be opened...is currently being used by another program such as a virus scanner...(0x800C0155,2) -- MSOE.dll cannot be initialized. Having read hundreds of threads about this problem, uninstalled every type of malware/virus protection I have, restored the system, and, paraphrasing some suggestions, danced a rain dance holding my crotch, but nothing work...

2nd Attempt
I have recently been having difficulties with sending emails. When I make a reply and hit send the email saves to the outbox but does so in bold normal type and refuses to send. Sometimes if I make a new msg, copy by pasting everything and then save, the email saves to outbox in italics. This is "normal" I believe. The email goes out OK then. This seems to have started spontaneously. Anyone know what is happening and why. Perhaps more importantly how do I fix it? -- Jerry ...

Problem with Money 2001 and SP2?
Has there been any reports of problems with Microsoft money 2001 and SP2? Since installing SP2 my program will no longer accept OXF formatted downloads from my bank. It loads the data into the program and does the comparison with other data in the transaction area, but whin I click done no new data shows up in the transaction area. If I download data formatted for use with Quicken, everything works. I can continue to use this method but I would like to resolve the problem if possible. ...

Excel Charting Problem
First timer here so here goes. I have the following rows of data which I think I would like to char as 2 adjacent stacked columns per month. The rows are NetSales(A) Gross-NetSales(A), NetSales(B) and Gross-NetSales(B). I want the NetSales values to be columns adjacent to each other and th Gross-NetSales values to be above their respective NetSales values an I want the 2 columns to be for each month (X-axis). Result would be pair of stacked columns for each month. Aim is to show, for a customer, whether or not sales have changed ove time for each of ranges A & B. Any ideas -- Message po...

CArray problem
Hi All, can somebody help me with this as it is driving me nuts. I have a class defined as below: class CPerson { public: bool m_bMarried; bool m_bRetired; bool m_bDriver ; CTime m_dtDOB; int m_nIndex; CPerson (); virtual ~CPerson (); }; In the cApp I have a public member defined as CArray<CPerson,CPerson&> m_caPeople; When I initialise the form I initialise the above array from a database as follow syntax CMyApp* pApp = (CMyApp*)AfxGetApp(); // get recordset while (!pRS->GetADO_EOF()) { // Do some stuff CPerson person; person.m_bMarride = bMarried;// tru...

Printing problems, from my application only
Hello - access runtime 2003. XP I have an application that runs on a network computer. Recently i have a problem with the printing from the applcation. The computer that can't print from my application, is capable of printing from other office program such as word etc. the application can print to pdf file. the problem happens like this: the application opens a report, print it, close it. the report reaches the printer - and then the printer get stuck, there is no way to release it but turn it off and then on again. If anyone has an idea how to solve this issue - I would be ...

Need a query to display specific fields, having trouble customizing
Hi all, I hope you can help me as our IT manager has left the building (permanently) and I've been stuck with trying to figure this out. I have a newsletter that needs to go out and I need to export the address information of all of the contacts that allow mail. Were I able to accesss a SQL query manager, my life would be a lot easier, however, I'm stuck dealing with this clunky 360 interface. Can anyone tell me how I would specificy exactly what fields I want to display and export to Excel? Thanks so much, Danielle Sounds like you may be using a c360 add-in for CRM, such as thei...

Query Refrenced to Form control update problem
Hi Group, I have an unbound text box within a form which is referenced in a query and I've put a sub form based on the query within that form. Its a search box, and I am having problems getting the query to update in the sub form to show results. I've tried a macro form update, re- query and repaint without success. The sub form does update if I put the form into design then back again so I know the query works I just don't know how to get it to refresh. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation. Don Don, I've often found this to be the case, so there has to ...

DLookup Problem 05-04-10
Here is my code. It is returning a type mismatch error and I can't figure out why. dblPriceToPurchase = DLookup("[dblPriceToPurchaseFactor]", "tblPricing", "[intItem] = " & [intItemID] And "[intVendor] = " & Forms!frmPO![intVendor]) Thanks Terri "tgavin" <tgavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AD6AFBF-7BC8-4FA4-9D82-57330852247E@microsoft.com... > Here is my code. It is returning a type mismatch error and I can't figure > out > why. > > dblPriceToPurchase = DLookup(&quo...

same problem
I am having the same problem with Pub2002, have downloaded all the patch's, etc, tried everything MS has recommended, still can't use the file that I have been using for months. Looking for suggestion! sd wrote: > I am having the same problem with Pub2002, have downloaded > all the patch's, etc, tried everything MS has recommended, > still can't use the file that I have been using for > months. Looking for suggestion! WHAT same problem/same problem as whom? Please see link three in my signature to learn how to post to newsgroups effectively. -- Perdita X. Dr...

Unique Problem
I was hired 3 months ago to update and maintain an Access database for the state. I am writing queries and forms and so forth as needed but I am also entering data. No one has added data to this database in months - they had just kind of "let it go" until they got someone hired. Now my boss wants to know "what percent of the database has been updated. Is there a way to tell how much of a database has changed in the last 3 months/last week/last day? Help please!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Sorry, no. If you're going to need this information on an ongoing basis, add a new Da...

Sorting Problems #5
I've been manipulating data in a speadsheet for about two weeks. At some point, I copied an entire column, put it into Word, deleted and reformatted the info in that column and then split the column into first and last name. The two columns were then pasted back into the original worksheet. I need to sort the spreadsheet using various columns, but Excel will not allow a sort. I receive a box which states "This operation requires that merged cells be identically sized" I've sized the spreadsheet several times and both the height and width of all cells are identical,...

Problem accessing disabled items
I run ACT! version 6 as my client database, this uses Outlook XP for its email. I was sending emails when something happened (unsure what happened?), Outlook failed to respond & a message came up something like "disabled all add-ins, go into disabled items in the help menu to turn back on". Since then I have been able to start Outlook ok but as soon as I attempt to access the "about microsoft outlook" to see my disabled items the program doesn't respond & needs to be shut down? Emails will not send, if I hit "send/recieve" the program will a...