Problem with query using linked tables

I have the following problem:

I have a select query which uses two tables linked to SQL Server via ODBC.
When I run it for the first time, I get the SQL Server login prompt (which
is normal, since I didn't persist the login information when I linked the
tables). The problem comes when I browse the results. Access randomly shows
the login prompt again. One of the fields within the query is calculated via
a vba function, and if I cancel the login, I get a vba error. If I debug the
error, the code window shows the vba function I was talking about, and the
execution is stopped in a line where I try to open a recordset. If I follow
the execution step by step from there, everything goes fine and I can even
resume the execution. Then, for some time, the query is run until the login
prompt appears again. By the way, I'm trying to open the recordset via dao.

Thanks in advance.

0
jman
5/23/2007 2:42:51 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

if you have a problem with a query using linked tables, then you should move
to Acces Data Projects

"jman" <jman_000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have the following problem:
>
> I have a select query which uses two tables linked to SQL Server via ODBC.
> When I run it for the first time, I get the SQL Server login prompt (which
> is normal, since I didn't persist the login information when I linked the
> tables). The problem comes when I browse the results. Access randomly
> shows the login prompt again. One of the fields within the query is
> calculated via a vba function, and if I cancel the login, I get a vba
> error. If I debug the error, the code window shows the vba function I was
> talking about, and the execution is stopped in a line where I try to open
> a recordset. If I follow the execution step by step from there, everything
> goes fine and I can even resume the execution. Then, for some time, the
> query is run until the login prompt appears again. By the way, I'm trying
> to open the recordset via dao.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Tom
5/24/2007 12:15:00 AM
Everyone please note that Aaron  Kem.pf is attempting to impersonate one of
our regular posters again.  Tom would never post such a message.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

"Tom Wickerath MDB" <tom_wickerath@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> if you have a problem with a query using linked tables, then you should
> move to Acces Data Projects
>

> "jman" <jman_000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have the following problem:
>>
>> I have a select query which uses two tables linked to SQL Server via
>> ODBC. When I run it for the first time, I get the SQL Server login prompt
>> (which is normal, since I didn't persist the login information when I
>> linked the tables). The problem comes when I browse the results. Access
>> randomly shows the login prompt again. One of the fields within the query
>> is calculated via a vba function, and if I cancel the login, I get a vba
>> error. If I debug the error, the code window shows the vba function I was
>> talking about, and the execution is stopped in a line where I try to open
>> a recordset. If I follow the execution step by step from there,
>> everything goes fine and I can even resume the execution. Then, for some
>> time, the query is run until the login prompt appears again. By the way,
>> I'm trying to open the recordset via dao.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Question -Problem

Linking files 2 ways

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Excel button problem

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Problem with Range

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

nested OR in queries
I have a table that has 20 date fields for each record. I need to select any record that has a matching date in at least one of those fields so it becomes a huge OR in a query and I have noticed that I am limited to 9 in a query. Is there a way to do this efficiently or will I need multiple queries to test all 20 date fields? If your table uses multiple date fields, the first thing you'll want to consider is coming up with a new table! In a spreadsheet, adding 20 date fields may be the only way to handle a situation, but you won't get the best use of Access' features and funct...

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

using the journal on outlook

message delivery problems

Pivot Table Question #5

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

form fields not saving to table

XSL Problem