problem with crosstab query

please i need help
i have a report must be done like this
               list of projects
                p1-p2-p3-p4-p5......etc
names
yasser       8%  - 0%  - 4% - 3%- .........ect
hany          2% - 1%  - 1% - 0% -          etc
nour          0%  - 5% - 0%-  20% -------etc
etc
what i need is to do this with crosstab query
i have two tables which the data is taken from
table 1 is named : emp  which inclode the departments for employees and the
names and idnumbers of the employees
table 2 is named : Employee Weekly Hours     which store all the tasks and
hours for all employee's by there idnumbers (child linked)
i need to make crosstab query which can get all the names of employee's from
table1 and all Tasks and projects from table 2 and sum of regular hours and
overtime by each departments name and for each month
the problem is if i do this by crosstab and run the query it gives me all
the projects and all employees and that is correct
but if the projects for the next month is different or has been added to
projects tables i wont be able to view in the crosstab query or report
so what i need is to let the crosstab changes by the projects changes to be
updated as tables says.
can i have help with this
also i need to make two parameter in the crosstab query one for the dates
other for the departments  which will take the values from unbound form
startdate and enddate for parameter one and departements for combo in the
form and output values to report which shows the status of the crosstab by
different departments and projects
please please help me quickly

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The crosstab part I understand but not what you want different in the
following months.  Can you post example of the desired follow on results?
Post your actual table structure with actual names (table and field with
datatype).

--
Build a little, test a little.

"ياسر" wrote:

> please i need help
> i have a report must be done like this
>                list of projects
>                 p1-p2-p3-p4-p5......etc
> names
> yasser       8%  - 0%  - 4% - 3%- .........ect
> hany          2% - 1%  - 1% - 0% -          etc
> nour          0%  - 5% - 0%-  20% -------etc
> etc
> what i need is to do this with crosstab query
> i have two tables which the data is taken from
> table 1 is named : emp  which inclode the departments for employees and the
> names and idnumbers of the employees
> table 2 is named : Employee Weekly Hours     which store all the tasks and
> hours for all employee's by there idnumbers (child linked)
> i need to make crosstab query which can get all the names of employee's from
> table1 and all Tasks and projects from table 2 and sum of regular hours and
> overtime by each departments name and for each month
> the problem is if i do this by crosstab and run the query it gives me all
> the projects and all employees and that is correct
> but if the projects for the next month is different or has been added to
> projects tables i wont be able to view in the crosstab query or report
> so what i need is to let the crosstab changes by the projects changes to be
> updated as tables says.
> can i have help with this
> also i need to make two parameter in the crosstab query one for the dates
> other for the departments  which will take the values from unbound form
> startdate and enddate for parameter one and departements for combo in the
> form and output values to report which shows the status of the crosstab by
> different departments and projects
> please please help me quickly

setting the status programmatically on a custom entity
Hello, I have the following code which closes a custom entity (5 being the value of the status reason associated with "Close" in the "Inactive" state). THis code is ran in a pre-update plugin. SetStateDynamicEntityRequest request = new SetStateDynamicEntityRequest(); request.Entity = new Moniker(); request.Entity.Name = "lund_cheevent"; request.Entity.Id = CHEEventID; request.State = "Inactive"; request.Status = 5; service.Execute(request); The problem is that I receive the following error: "State Code...

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

Problem with comments
Have a strange problem with a computer I recently updated. I have been imaging computers in order to update several software items - one of which is Excel. The problem I have is with the users old excel documents which we transfer accross (Even those created with the same version). The workbooks contain many comments and these are unaffected - but when a user tries to add a new comment on an old sheet the comment will come up in very light grey and be impossible to read. If you create a new sheet in the same workbook comments are fine. How do you change comment colour for a sheet? It has st...

log-in problem
Hi All, I apparently shut off the power to my computer the other night before windows had finished logging off. Now when I go to start My Money program it gives me the following message: Money has detected that you did not close the file "My Money" before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. If your file is large this may take a few nimutes. Do you want to do this now? If you click no, you'll need to open a different Money file. YES NO Send Error Report If I click Yes or No, it keeps saying the e-mail address or...

Multi Table Inser Query
Hello ... im new to Access so i need some expert help. im creating an application for my organization where i have this one form in which i collect all the required data and need to save it in table but the problem it this form is connected to to different tables. how can i save the data via query on one click to two different tables ? If you have several tables, each with essentially the same fields, and you need to connect up your form to different tables at different times, you have not built a database. That kind of thing might make sense in a spreadsheet, where you create a sheet ...

Sorting in select query. manually
Hello, I have a select query and I would like to sort on the field month. but I want to be able to specify the order myself (not descending nor ascending). how can I do this? thank you! You create a table with the data you which you would see in the Month field and the sort order that you want. You then join these two tables in the query and sort on it. Something like this: Month MonthSort Jan 12 Feb 11 Mar 3 and so on. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycl...

Problem refreshing subform
I'm having problems refreshing a local table in a subform. After selecting a new customer on the main form, my code is supposed to delete the records in the subform and inserts the current customer's records for display . The odd thing is that when I insert a breakpoint and step through the code line-by-line, the subform displays the new records just as I intended. But when I remove the break point, the subform remains on the previous customer. What is it about executing the code line-by-line that causes the subform to behave differently? "CDM" <CDM@discuss...

Active Directory Problem
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such, we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can no longer access CRM. I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate. How can I get back in to re-load my users? Thanks, Craig Hi, Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created ...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

select query of parent and child in one row
I have a parent table and a child table one parent has between 1 and 6 children in the child table I wont a query to have the parent and the child in one "row" how do I create that? thanks for helping me Your table structure is not correct for a relational database but this will get you there. This has three but you get the idea and expand on it. Place the table in the design grid as many times as you have field to combine. SELECT MultipleFieldData.x, MultipleFieldData.a & IIf(MultipleFieldData_1.b Is Null,Null," " & MultipleFieldData_1.b) & IIf(MultipleF...

Clause order in SQL select query
Are there any rules that govern clause order? Does the parser care? Obviously SELECT must be first but does WHERE have to precede ORDER BY? This question arises because I have a situation where the VBA code would be easier if the WHERE could be the final clause. That way I could have an unchanging SELECT, FROM, ORDER BY string and just tag the WHERE; on the tail. My thinking then turned to whether there is a mandated order for other clauses too. Is there an article somewhere to explain it? -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for v...

problem in SDI when I close application
Hi, I have made SDI application . But the program crashes in CDocument destructor when I close the application . In this statement: m_pDocTemplate->RemoveDocument(this); I havent changed generated code of document and view class of SDI application. I am unable to understand why it happens. Please help. Thanks, Dhaval Define "crash". There is no such thing. There are exceptions thrown due to access faults or similar errors, and they occur in some specific place in the code; there are assertion failures, which always indicate a line of code. Your description doe...

Problem in setting Substitutes fonts to CButton
I developed an MFC application. It is setting fonts properly. But it is not setting fonts for Substitutes fonts like Arial CE, Arial CYR in Windows 2000. Also same font is working fine in edit box. Please let me know if you have any solution to it. Regards, Ganapathi ...

Vista/Access Database Network Problem
Has the very serious network problem in Vista covered by Article 935366 "Issues that you may encounter when you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista" been fixed by either Vista SP1 or Access SP3? I can't find any reference to a fix in these service packs?? To lose your data is indeed a very serious bug. Part of the article on 935366 states: When you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista, you may encounter one or more of the following issues: .. Access ...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...

labelflash problems
You'll need to copy the file gdiplus.dll l into your bin-directory.how do i do this Have you tried the support at labelflash? This .dll was included in Windows, have you looked on your disk? Help here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533798(VS.85).aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "countryfella" <countryfella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CA16383-2D50-4465-AF13-6F99962C607B@microsoft.com... > You'll need to copy the file gdiplus.dll l into your bin-directory.how do i > do this i have vista premium 32 bit os.i downl...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Problems Sending/Receiving Email
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3. Suddenly I've been having problems sending/receiving email. When I click the send/receive icon nothing happens at all. Nothing gets sent or received and no dialog box or error message pops up. I've also tried sending/receiving through the Tools menu and nothing happens. It's as though I never tried to send the message at all. If I restart my computer it "works" again. But I'm having to restart my computer several times a day in order to be able to check my messages! Any ideas? "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussi...

Problem with versions of word and outlook
Hi My access app uses word and outlook references which I can not get rid of due to certain features that my app has. I have this problem that I need to send me app to various clients who have varying versions of outlook and word and thus my app fails to run. Is there anyway my app can find the versions of outlook/word at start-up and readjust links to appropriate versions of outlook/word before continuing? If not, is there another way to fix this problem? Many thanks. Any help would be appreciated. I am really stuck. Regards Whoa: no need to include so many newsgroups! Consider u...

moving from c++ to visual studio c++ (winpcap) problem
Hi ! i have a problem related to winpcap, i'm curretly making a sniffer aplication for my studies. I want to accomplish this http://www.winpcap.org/docs/man/html/group__wpcap__tut3.html but in visual studio, the problem is related to the function pcap_loop(adhandle, 0, packet_handler, NULL); it has a pointer to the function packet_handler. It works fine in console, but how do i make it work in windows forms?? a have made an form with an button which pressed should do the stuff that the function main does in te program from the above linlk, but should call the function from inside the c...

problem while starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service
Hi, I am facing some problem with starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service. Did a fresh exchange server installation and after reboot this service was not running. I tried running this service manually but getting error as "Could not start Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on Local Computer Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" In the event Application logs i am getting some warnings and error related to 1. The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error ...

Public Folder Query
I don't want to actually use OWA or the Outlook application I want to know if there are is some way of having a web page display Public Folder information. For example, a calendar in our Public Folders contains meeting room bookings. I would like to display booking information on a web page, pulled in from the Public Folder, and even possibly create calendar bookings without using Outlook or OWA to go into the Public Folder Is that ok? Hope that makes sense Cheers Tommy Yes, it is possible to build custom web pages that display data from public folders, but such applications can b...

Query by Form: Output to Listbox?
Hi, I have been asked to look at a database at work that has a query by form where the user can select a table to query. There are three columns of boxes on the form. The first column are drop-down combo boxes that allow the user to select the fields depending upon the table selected above. The next column of five are for the comparison operators (<,>, etc) and the third column of five boxes are text boxes where the criteria values are typed. There is one connector box that has two values: OR or AND. The form works and displays the query in a table view. This is the code behind the but...

Reference field in Distribution Query
Hi there, I am using GP10.0. While using Distribution Query, i have selected "Refrence" (8) as one of column. I expecting "Distribution Refrence" from General Ledger Entry should be populated. But i am not getting it. (It is showing Blank values in Excel. I am sure we are having Distribution Refrence in GL entries) Can you pls. let me know, Is my understanding correct? And also in Distribution Query how we can bring Distribution Refrence from G/L entries? Thanks, Loganathan S Logu, Distributioin reference field is available in GL10001 (GL_TRX_LINE...

Delete query 11-07-07
Hi, can i make a "delete query", and when i start this query window appear and type there "start date" then in another window "end date". And all the records from this period to be deleted?? For example i want to delete all rows which includes dates from 01.11.2007 till 04.11.2007. Hope you understand my question:)) "Forza MIlan" <ForzaMIlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F29987DC-59B4-4C0B-AE5C-31D082D10E29@microsoft.com... > Hi, can i make a "delete query", and when i start this query window appear > and ty...